Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:27   #46
Senior - BHPian

Congrats my friend on your new acquisition. It will definitely settle down from its initial "nakhra's". I see this as a precursor to a wonderful bonding to come.

however on the bad experiences part, you are not alone. You would be surprised at what I found at the time my vehicle (a Ford) was about to be delivered.

more on this
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-delivery.html
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:45   #47
adc
Senior - BHPian

2.2 Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbobo View Post
Got my Mountain Green EX a few hours back. What a car uuhh or should I say Truck
Congrats and definitely you will enjoy the ride. You should be the fifth member, though not sure. This is the list that I have compiled as best I could get.

adc - Oct 15, 2007 - LX 2wd - Cycus Grey

rmanikoth - Oct 16, 2007 - LX 2wd - Quartz Black

turbaman - Oct 19, 2007 - Vx 4wd - Artic Silver

chatter gi - Oct 23, 2007 - LX 2wd - ??

djbobo - Nov 2, 2007 - EX ??? - Mountain Green
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:55   #48
adc
Senior - BHPian

Edited list

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Anyways now I can rest easy and really begin to enjoy my beast and on my way to MAKE MY OWN ROAD
Oh my god, I missed out harjeev [added moodswings also].

chatter gi - Oct 23, 2007 - LX 2wd - ???

moodswings - Oct 23, 2007 - EX ??? - ???

harjeev - Nov 1, 2007 - EX 2wd - ???

Old 3rd November 2007, 00:20   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post

Well i guess this list will have to wait another 2 days before i add another name to it -- mine . Just visited by EX 4X4 Arctic Silver in the showroom this evening. Due to some issues with my leasing company, the delivery of the 2.2 which was to happen today is delayed till Monday.
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:24   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
But alls well that ends well.

Enjoy your car and I hope to see updates based on Long term ownership now. Some pictures of the beast in this thread would do nicely.
I will post pics in a day or two as dint get the time for taking pics, was a little busy with the dealer.
Long Term Ownership reviews would definitely be there would definitely be there and I urge all other new DiCOR owners to post their reviews as well.

Quote:
I will let you know about the radiator fan timing [how long it runs after shutdown] shortly.
now the radiator fan shuts off immediately when I shut off the engine.

Quote:
Got my Mountain Green EX a few hours back. What a car uuhh or should I say Truck
hey congtas man on your purchase. Good you went with the EX. I personally think that it deserves the excess cost that they are taking. I personally think that beast sound s better but truck also sounds great

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
So use the e-mail complaint route ONLY when you find the workshop is not attending to your complaint promptly or are not being able to resolve the issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Please do speak to the owner of dealership or the GM and express your discomfort about this incident.
With Tata vehicles, having good relations with the dealer doesn't hurt
I did that and the GM was actually feeling sorry. I told him that I would have spoken to the Tata Motors office had the issue not been resolved by the end of the day. Took his mobile no and told him that would call him in future if I am facing any problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
How did those cardboard sheets get there???????

They dont 'pack' the engine and send them to the dealer, do they? How can you have large pieces of cardboard inside the engine?
by the looks of it, it seemed that the cardboard sheets must have been put at the time of the assembly, cauz after taking them out it wouldnt have been possible to put them back in without un-screwing either the radiator or the condenser. Bad PDI

Quote:

I have bought Pearl White
I really like the engine Immobilizer feature as well as well as follow me home lights.

Got new shoes for by beast
I changed the stock tyres today evening. Actually went to the market to get an idea on the rates and stuff and saw one gut with a VX 4X2 Dicor 2.2 changing his alloys. Original company fitted. I dont know how much did he sold them for as he had already done his deal with the shopkeeper and was settling the bill.
I talked to the shop keeper as I dint want to leave the new alloys. At first he asked 22K for the alloys and 5 K for the tyres. (i got Bridgestone as stock). This for the complete set of 5. Haggled for a little bit and he agreed for 24K I thought that it was a good deal and went ahead.

By the time the installation was finished got friendly with him that he took only 21K for the complete set (Original & brand new Tata Alloys and Kuhmo tyres). As an additional bonus I got a bottle of tyre shine (1 ltr) from him for FREE which he sells of 300 bucks. This tyre shine the tyre dealers use to make the tyres shine like new.

Will post the pics soon with the new shoes and I should say buckles.
Old 3rd November 2007, 10:11   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post

There were two large cardboard sheets in between the AC condenser and the radiator (the size of the radiator itself) as a result of which the car was overheating and due to the overheating the Central Unit was switching off the AC and activating the 'Limp to Home Mode'
Good Good, so again no PDI. you must write to Tata Motors
Old 3rd November 2007, 11:07   #52
NIP
Senior - BHPian

yes, i think you should write to TATA Motors too. how can they deliver the vehicle without a PDI. not so much for the damage caused to the engine, but for the mental trauma on the first day with the new vehicle. The dealer should have done his job right from the beginning. its pathetic to say 'all this is expected' of TATA.
Old 3rd November 2007, 11:44   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post

Congratulations man! Is this mountain green darker than the river-rock green that they used to have earlier?
Thanks its a dark shade of green, something like the one you see on military vehicles. Adds to the road presence of the beast.
Old 3rd November 2007, 16:09   #54
BHPian

For all New or Future Safari 2.2 Owners!

Guys,

Please, check that all your wheel nuts are tightly secure. I found that one of the nuts on my LHS Front wheel was almost about to fall off!!! And few others on the other wheels were not fully tightened.
Scary and dangerous stuff.

So please do check your Beasts ASAP.

t

Quote:

Old 3rd November 2007, 17:46   #55
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbanman View Post
Guys,

Please, check that all your wheel nuts are tightly secure. I found that one of the nuts on my LHS Front wheel was almost about to fall off!!! And few others on the other wheels were not fully tightened.
Scary and dangerous stuff.

So please do check your Beasts ASAP.

t
That's a close shave. All issues till now point to PDI done at the most careless manner in the dealer's end.

As I was going for a long trip almost the very next day after getting delivery, I personally went to the workshop and spoke with the works manager about doing the PDI correctly - though definitely I was not present over there during the PDI process - but it does help maybe alerting them that the owner is also quite alert to PDI issues.

So all future 2.2 owners can also just pay a visit to the workshop and have a word with the works manager/service engineer.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:00   #56
Senior - BHPian

Its a very different kind of green, definitely not the military green which is distinctive, it gives shades of grey in white light and green at certain angles, under the sun its a very different light dark greenish colour, as i have seen it several times now.

Quote:
Thanks its a dark shade of green, something like the one you see on military vehicles. Adds to the road presence of the beast.
Old 3rd November 2007, 21:52   #57
Senior - BHPian

the green color in mention is in the November month overdrive and there is a short article on the safari.

@djbobo Did you get any accessories installed on your beast?
Old 5th November 2007, 11:41   #58
BHPian

@harjeev;

1st could be that the vehicle could have taken some air as the showroom people put very less diesel at the time of delivery. Cauz of this there sensor sensed air and has limited the RPM to 1700 RPM

Exactly same reason, but issue was different on my 3.0 L engine was cranking but was not starting at all :-). after doing the air out with the help of some pear balloon, it started and I did not switch off till I went to the nearest bunk and loaded the tank, other than that their is no other issues that you have reported.

Oh!! BTW contracts pal, enjoy the beast, don't worry she will be fine.
Old 6th November 2007, 10:52   #59
BHPian

Congrats on your new Truck!!

I am sure this minor issues will move over after your first service...feast the beast!!
Old 6th November 2007, 15:24   #60
Team-BHP Support

hi harjeev,
Good your problem got solved.
But it was a PDI error which lead to your engine overheating.
Overheating can damage engine and almost always degrades mineral oil.
So the least you should ask them is change the engine oil for free.
Also escalate to customer care center and ask them to give in writing what action was taken against Dhingra motors.
I would love to have a blacklist of Tata dealers who are rubbish, but if we do have one, it would mean that there would be no dealer left.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks