Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2007, 15:32   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I would love to have a blacklist of Tata dealers who are rubbish, but if we do have one, it would mean that there would be no dealer left.
I think we should create one here. Right here, right now. New thread - "Avoid these Tata Motors Dealers"

If it means all of them are avoidable, so be it. Somebody should get the message.

My contribution - Koyenco in Kerala.
Old 6th November 2007, 16:23   #62
Senior - BHPian

@reachmash
The problem was not because of the air or somoething but due to the cardboard sheet in front of the radiator. If the thing cant get any air it cannot cool the engine. Thats why the car was overheating but below the red mark on the temp gauge.

@m3_07 thanks and I am sure that the beast will give years of faithful service

@tsk1979 yeah I know. It was like a big load was taken off from my head Once the problem was resolved.
Though the car was overheating but was still way below the red line. It was a little above the half way mark maybe between half and 3/4th. And I drove the car for just 5-6 KMS when the car was overheating and that too at an RPM of 1700. Does this still qualify for damaging the engine oil. If it does then I would certainly write to Tata Motors about this. Otherwise I am having a wonderful time taming the beast and am loving every moment of this.
Other than this I dont have any complaint with my dealer Pawha Motors.
Old 7th November 2007, 03:42   #63
Team-BHP Support

Engine oil may be fine but why take a risk?
Write to Tata motors and see if they are willing to change oil for free
Old 7th November 2007, 13:18   #64
Senior - BHPian

I am really pi@#$#$ed off that Gurgaon has only one Tata Dealer, its just clear monopoly

Last edited by rkbharat : 7th November 2007 at 13:26.
Old 7th November 2007, 13:59   #65
BHPian

Price you pay for fast growth. Not too long ago Gurgaon had only one car perhaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
I am really pi@#$#$ed off that Gurgaon has only one Tata Dealer, its just clear monopoly
Old 7th November 2007, 14:14   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggkg View Post
Price you pay for fast growth. Not too long ago Gurgaon had only one car perhaps.
Very true ggkg, but I am surprised this business opportunity is not looked at by dealers. Though Dhingra motors ar ok, but they do behave like they have monopoly. Ask them for TD at home, they will not say yes at first. They will ask you to come to showroom
Old 7th November 2007, 16:06   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
Very true ggkg, but I am surprised this business opportunity is not looked at by dealers. Though Dhingra motors ar ok, but they do behave like they have monopoly. Ask them for TD at home, they will not say yes at first. They will ask you to come to showroom
You can buy from Delhi and get it registered in Gurgaon.
Old 7th November 2007, 21:48   #68
Senior - BHPian

I had my first brush with the delhi traffic. Infact I should say that the beast had the first brush with delhi traffic yesterday evening.

I was standing on the Patel Chowk red light and just when the light was about to turn green this man in a Maruti 800 just came and banged my beast from behind LHS rear.

The whole car jerked a little. I first laughed then thought to pick up a fight but decided I dont want to become another statistic on the road rage issue. Ayways got out of the car and first reaction was to see the damage on my beast. Some scratches on the rear bumper and a broken fog lamp (though the lamp still works).. The scratches are also not really noticeable unless one really tries to find where they are.
But when I saw the damage on this guys 800 I had a small laugh instead of feeling angry. He had a broken head lamp, bent fender and broker front bumper.
and on top of that he was feeling really sorry. Poor guy dint even notice the damage on his car as I think he was a little scared and dint get out of his car. I think seeing two 6 feet+ people (me & my bro) must have him really scared.
Laughing within ourselves we drove on.
Old 8th November 2007, 10:39   #69
BHPian

Got my Beast delivered yesterday. Its the black LX.

I am leaving for now to Chattisgarh today (BY Train). Will update the whole experience once i return. But one thing I must mention

Before me there was an EX delivered and by the time I was abt to take my delivery the EX was back to showroom.
Reason: The guy driving had hit the beast onto some iron pole or something and the bumper got damaged...

"Oh god...Let me take my beast to my home untouched"....This was my prayer and since it was dhanteras....a huge amt of traffic...What n experience
Old 8th November 2007, 11:20   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Laughing within ourselves we drove on.
Hey man, I must compliment you on your cool temperament. Well done, but I'm sorry to hear about the damage on your new car. Grrr, it can be so frustrating
Old 8th November 2007, 12:01   #71
adc
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Road View Post
I am a proud owner of the beast, finally. I got my Black beast VX 4 x 4 last week. Getting the beast has been quite a roller coaster ride.

Coming to the beast, it is absolutely awesome. Great pick-up, great handling, impressive breaking, drawing room sofa comfort ride, chilling AC. Quality of finish I do not think I need to say anything. Enough has been said. At high speed I felt in total control and secured. It touches 140 effortlessly.
Congrats and please do keep it within the recommended speed levels as of now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
Congrats to you also. We are closing on to 15 owners [2.2] in around a month's time!!!
Old 8th November 2007, 20:13   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post

I am leaving for now to Chattisgarh today (BY Train). Will update the whole experience once i return. But one thing I must mention

Before me there was an EX delivered and by the time I was abt to take my delivery the EX was back to showroom.
Reason: The guy driving had hit the beast onto some iron pole or something and the bumper got damaged...

"Oh god...Let me take my beast to my home untouched"....This was my prayer and since it was dhanteras....a huge amt of traffic...What n experience
Congrats on the possession of the beast.
Now may the power be with you.
Feel sorry for the guy who hit in the pole. Last thing someone would like to damage a car on the first day itself. That too in the first couple of hours.

Now as you are going out of station do you need someone to take care of the beast while you are away. I would be happy to report for duty SIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hey man, I must compliment you on your cool temperament. Well done, but I'm sorry to hear about the damage on your new car. Grrr, it can be so frustrating
Dont mistake me man. I think that I am still very short tempered sometimes. But on this instance I thought to myself even if I pick-up a fight the car would get repaired by itself. So thought to let it go. I amaze myself sometimes
Old 8th November 2007, 22:27   #73
BHPian

Thats a nice deal My Friend. Keep Rolling on those fab wheels.
Old 9th November 2007, 11:21   #74
BHPian

Is a tyre change really required for a safari: Kindly advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post

Got new shoes for by beast
I changed the stock tyres today evening. Actually went to the market to get an idea on the rates and stuff and saw one gut with a VX 4X2 Dicor 2.2 changing his alloys. Original company fitted. I dont know how much did he sold them for as he had already done his deal with the shopkeeper and was settling the bill.
I talked to the shop keeper as I dint want to leave the new alloys. At first he asked 22K for the alloys and 5 K for the tyres. (i got Bridgestone as stock). This for the complete set of 5. Haggled for a little bit and he agreed for 24K I thought that it was a good deal and went ahead.
Might be a really dumb question but thought id might as well ask

i have seen the tyres on the safari, do you think it "really" needs a change or an upgradation?

as in, i agree with the asthetic point of view, but practically is it really required? will it improve the drive quality noticibly? and is the loss of FE really worth it in addition to the initial expence.

More than a question please treat it as a request for advice, cus im expectimg my safari by the 13th Nov, i might go in for a tyre upgrade if you guys really recommend it.

Thanks in Advance.
Old 9th November 2007, 11:47   #75
BHPian

I've been following the threads on 2.2 VTT for almost a month. I'd be booking my beast in December and BHPians are giving me more confidence to buy her as no one as yet faced any serious issues. This will be my first car and thought would be a great way to start off.

Thanks to Team-BHP for this wonderful forum and the kind of support the members give.

Most Viewed