Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2008, 17:14   #121
Senior - BHPian

HI,
I just wanted to know if you hear a growl when you push the throttle hard from 1700-2300rpm. In my safari, thers a distinct growl which can be heard. I assumed it was the turbo, but wish to confirm?
Old 12th April 2008, 17:51   #122
Team-BHP Support

Where did you source the steering remote from and which HU does it control ?
Can you post a pic please ?
Old 12th April 2008, 18:07   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Where did you source the steering remote from and which HU does it control ?
Can you post a pic please ?
hey eddy,

any half decent auto accessories shop ought to have it in stock. mine is a pio 5050 hu and the remote is a pio as well - don't remember the model no. it was all done by the guy who's done my safari up till now in lajpat nagar. as a matter of fact, he is also a llumar dealer and i had the w/s film installed from him only.

will try and take a pic with atleast the mobile cam and post it here asap. it's actually a neat little unit and it sits very nicely in the little gap in the steering wheel on the left bottom of the wheel. highly recommended...
Old 12th April 2008, 18:17   #124
Team-BHP Support

I am looking for one too and will get it soon enough. Does your car guy also do headlights. Please share his number with me.
Old 12th April 2008, 22:38   #125
BHPian

Bit late in reading this thread. I enjoy reading Safari reviews and I really loved your pics. Could you please post a few of your remote and the camera system? How much did the reverse camera cost, btw?
Cheers, and heres hoping that you have a great time in your little (sic) "beauty".
Old 14th April 2008, 00:33   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
HI,
I just wanted to know if you hear a growl when you push the throttle hard from 1700-2300rpm. In my safari, thers a distinct growl which can be heard. I assumed it was the turbo, but wish to confirm?
thank god there is someone else out there who has the same growl... yes i can confirm that the engine takes on a slightly strained sound when you push it hard within the 1700-2400 rpm range. i'm not sure whether it is the turbo or not - but it does exist atleast on my 2.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I am looking for one too and will get it soon enough. Does your car guy also do headlights. Please share his number with me.
yeah he does headlights as well and we were discussing a SIEMENS kit just 2 days ago for my upgrade - range is about 8.5 for the kit. i'll give you his number in a couple of days dude, travelling in the uk and dubai over the next 4-5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srijit View Post
Bit late in reading this thread. I enjoy reading Safari reviews and I really loved your pics. Could you please post a few of your remote and the camera system? How much did the reverse camera cost, btw?
Cheers, and heres hoping that you have a great time in your little (sic) "beauty".
thanks srijit..

will post some of the camera in operation in the daytime as well as the remote on saturday/sunday... travelling and don't have access to the pics at the moment.

hope to see you around more often and yeah, we are really having a blast with the, "beauty". she is being put to much good use!!!

cheers guys and stay safe...
Old 14th April 2008, 06:37   #127
Senior - BHPian

Nice to read that you are enjoying the Safari. I am yet to do 140plus as I dont find enough road for it

I too need to get the sunfilm .

The steering control will work with many Pio HUs and will cost 1200-1400 max.

Last edited by jkdas : 14th April 2008 at 06:40.
Old 14th April 2008, 09:39   #128
Senior - BHPian

Its related to the engine knock or the Fuel pump as you will notice the power gets restrained when that 'krrr' noise is present and shoots up immediately after it.

It can be reduced by using normal fuel and System D.

Its present in all 2.2l's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
thank god there is someone else out there who has the same growl... yes i can confirm that the engine takes on a slightly strained sound when you push it hard within the 1700-2400 rpm range. i'm not sure whether it is the turbo or not - but it does exist atleast on my 2.2

Last edited by dadu : 14th April 2008 at 09:42.
Old 14th April 2008, 10:22   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Nice to read that you are enjoying the Safari. I am yet to do 140plus as I dont find enough road for it

I too need to get the sunfilm .

The steering control will work with many Pio HUs and will cost 1200-1400 max.

hey dude - you've got the hills to work with, so quit complaining!!

like i said earlier, i can already sense that the cabin is definitely cooler than before the w/s film was on - i am not a fan of tints on the sides, so i'm going to keep the sides and back clean.

you've already got some tints don't you jk? why darken them further - i'd just plonk on some llumar on the front and rock from there dude.

yeah the steering remote cost about 1100...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Its related to the engine knock or the Fuel pump as you will notice the power gets restrained when that 'krrr' noise is present and shoots up immediately after it.

It can be reduced by using normal fuel and System D.

Its present in all 2.2l's.

yeah dadu, thats the tightness i was talking about in the engine in the last long post i had made...

i've never used premium grade diesel in the safari, though my palio has pretty much always drunk from the, 'premium' bosom!!! i've just tanked on ioc with system d - we'll wait and watch...

cheers guys
Old 19th April 2008, 21:44   #130
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
yeah he does headlights as well and we were discussing a SIEMENS kit just 2 days ago for my upgrade - range is about 8.5 for the kit. i'll give you his number in a couple of days dude, travelling in the uk and dubai over the next 4-5 days.
Number sharing reminder. No hurry. Whenever comfortable
Old 19th April 2008, 21:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

did ask the TASS bout the growling sound. apparently its normal..nothing technically wrong about it. I drove another 2.2 and it was the same, then went for a test drive too at fortune.. and their test vehicle too confirmed it.
Old 2nd May 2008, 12:35   #132
BHPian

Hi All,

I am not sure if this question belongs to this section or not...
I want to know the name and model of the alloys used by BTB on his safari and if possible some idea on cost.

Thanks

Avi
Old 2nd May 2008, 15:05   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avin View Post
Hi All,

I am not sure if this question belongs to this section or not...
I want to know the name and model of the alloys used by BTB on his safari and if possible some idea on cost.

Thanks

Avi
earlier in the same thread dude

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...tml#post763635
Old 2nd May 2008, 17:55   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaiusPitar View Post
Hi DaiusPitar,

I know the name of the tires is mentioned in the thread, I am looking for the name and model of Alloys used by him.

Avi
Old 27th May 2008, 07:51   #135
BHPian

hey

hey guys,

apologies for not being on the forum for a while - i've been travelling like a madman and not had the time to get onto the net!!!

right, now that i'm back temporarily, i can update on the progress report of the black beauty. she has covered all of 3400 kms and having just tanked up yesterday, with a 100% ac on and a severely NOT light foot in the chaotic delhi traffic, she has consistently returned 11.1 to 11.15 kmpl. this is on normal diesel (IOC)

a problem i have not had time to address but needs to be done asap is that my rear left tyre seems to have sprung a leak - not sure whether it is only a leaky valve (pls pls let it be that!!) or if there is a puncture (god help me!!)

the gorgeous thing though is that she is about to be driven (fully laden) for an 8 day, 1200 km trip into the sangla and spiti valley. the kids, wife and self are in the middle of finalising a rough and ready camping trip in the mountains and the safari is the default beast of burden!!!

will post a detailed travelogue once it is underway. plan on leaving delhi on the 3rd morning.

rear door needs to be adjusted, it seems to be brushing against the bumper and leaving an ugly gash across the plastic on top...

also, am uploading some pics of the steering remote for those of you interested. these are shot off a mobile phone - better ones of the rear view cam and the remote later...
Attached Thumbnails
the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-dsc00172.jpg  

the black beauty cometh!! (Safari 2.2 LX)-dsc00173.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks