Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2008, 16:31   #136
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by anupmathur View Post
Yes, that is what I was told at the time of booking, but I got it in well under 2 months.
So how long was the wait time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
TSK, what are your plans for your Indica; Is Safari going to be your only ( reliable ) vehicle in the future? I am sure you would agree that in NCR - Safari is not the vehicle that one would like to take at each and every corner & hence there would be a requirement for an additional vehicle.
Indica stays if we go for Safari. I think Tata will give me no claim bonus too.
In city driving is no fun in the safari, so as a daily runabout, indica it is.
Old 18th June 2008, 19:49   #137
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Indica stays if we go for Safari. I think Tata will give me no claim bonus too.
In city driving is no fun in the safari, so as a daily runabout, indica it is.
For that matter any insurance will give you no claim bonus, its matter of closing the old and transferring the same to new car.

Do you really want to keep the indica? think about it. I was in a similar situation some time back, thanks to bad resale for my iKON. But having old car is inviting expense, no matter how well maintained you have kept it.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:06   #138
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
For that matter any insurance will give you no claim bonus, its matter of closing the old and transferring the same to new car.

Do you really want to keep the indica? think about it. I was in a similar situation some time back, thanks to bad resale for my iKON. But having old car is inviting expense, no matter how well maintained you have kept it.
I meant loyalty bonus.
The indica is not eating money really, and I can keep it a 300kms/month car instead of the current 2000kms/month.
Old 18th June 2008, 20:19   #139
Team-BHP Support

Am not saying its eating money, but once you keep it, including occasional big ones like tyre, battery etc along with service will add up eventually at one point or other. Then again less usage also makes the car troublesome sometimes.

And going by an advice of a wise man, when you run a car for a km add Rs 2 for its maintanence while calculating cost, i would really think about it. If its worry about the odd market runs/city runs where you wouldnt want to take the safari a cab/rick from nearest parking spot would be much more economical.

Then again worry of storing and caring the second car. Think through it, if you really need a small car keep her.
Old 18th June 2008, 21:32   #140
Senior - BHPian

Why not? We own two - a Safari and a Scorpio. Safari is driven by the home minister and she takes it everywhere and has never complained about parking issues, driving in narrow lanes etc. Similar is my case with the Scorpio.

On the contrary, I've observed that whenever the Safari/Scorpio is parked in a market place etc., no one does a tight parking either in the front or back of these vehicles. I don't have to explain the reason why...

The other added advantage is that you get a lot of elbow/leg room while driving on the roads apart from looking down upon the minnows (and that includes the Mercs, Beemers, Bentleys et al) from your 3+ feet perch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svaid View Post
TSK, I am sure you would agree that in NCR - Safari is not the vehicle that one would like to take at each and every corner & hence there would be a requirement for an additional vehicle.
Old 18th June 2008, 22:12   #141
Senior - BHPian

After reading this thread,

1) Heart says " Safari "
2) Head says " Scorpio ".

IMO, Scorpio still has some life left and Safari will be soon end the carrier.

I hope that Innova does play spoilsport here.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:00   #142
ajibba

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post

The other added advantage is that you get a lot of elbow/leg room while driving on the roads apart from looking down upon the minnows (and that includes the Mercs, Beemers, Bentleys et al) from your 3+ feet perch.
Dude, you look down on “minnows (and that includes the Mercs, Beemers, Bentleys et al), The truck driver parked on the next lane looks down on you….what added advantage is this going to make??

Old 18th June 2008, 23:13   #143
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

I hope that Innova does play spoilsport here.
It can't. Thats one car which we refuse to TD because there is no 4WD. Heavy vehicle without 4WD is a no no.
The cars which can spoil the party are Getz Crdi, Swift VDi or maybe Fusion.
I would love to have a car with fusions space and GC and Getz power.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:20   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It can't. Thats one car which we refuse to TD because there is no 4WD. Heavy vehicle without 4WD is a no no.
cmon tsk. why not td that too and add it to your review. then we can have a nice honest safari vs scorp vs innova review. then you can move it to the best threads section.
Old 18th June 2008, 23:27   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So how long was the wait time?
Five weeks. .....................
Old 19th June 2008, 09:10   #146
Senior - BHPian

Mate, it is like the food chain.. And here we are talking about normal ownership. We normally don't own a truck and use it as our daily commute. Do we?

When the trucks become a vehicle for normal use and daily commute then maybe I'll think about a crane that for sure has a higher perch than trucks..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajibba View Post
Dude, you look down on “minnows (and that includes the Mercs, Beemers, Bentleys et al), The truck driver parked on the next lane looks down on you….what added advantage is this going to make??
Old 19th June 2008, 09:57   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418
We normally don't own a truck and use it as our daily commute. Do we? When the trucks become a vehicle for normal use and daily commute then maybe I'll think about a crane that for sure has a higher perch than trucks..
Ha, Chennai tbhp has just added a truck (the Nissan 1-ton ex-Army truck) to its garage, which the owner (Arka) is planning to use as daily drive.

Time to get your crane, gd-bhai.
Old 19th June 2008, 17:50   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Maybe they have preferential treatment for Indica owners who also own a Safari?
I dont think so...my Indica is getting almost the same treatment from TASS. For the past 4 years. I own no other vehicles, not even a bicycle...

They dont have much to "treat" though, as of today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
The human body functions the best when the heart & mind work in tandem. Listen to both and buy both....very simple..
You signed up for the Vodafone Art of Living alerts, right?

That said, my heart and head goes for the Scorpio. My eyes (that help me read the banking statement) keep me tied with my trusted Indica.

Last edited by sandeepmdas : 19th June 2008 at 18:06.
Old 19th June 2008, 18:01   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some less confusion.

OT : I dont know the cost with perfection, but how about the Optra Magnum diesel/Verna.
Old 19th June 2008, 18:11   #150
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Some less confusion.

OT : I dont know the cost with perfection, but how about the Optra Magnum diesel/Verna.
Optra is big and costs as much as safari, and Verna is too skittish.
don't want boot for the sake of the boot.
Either it has to be the emotional choice(safari), semi emotional choice(scorpio), because when logic comes into all this, hatchbacks start looking attractive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks