Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2008, 19:49   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy_2cool View Post
In Your Case IT Could be Because of the Rim or Tyre.
I guess this is what Babu is pushing for, i.e. a Tyre replacement. He did mention that they tried an Alignment which didn't work. He has made mention of the issue on the receipt that he just sent during delivery.

After how long did Fiat give you a tyre replacement? Hope I'm not too late, however I did mention it to them during the first service itself, because I knew that anything that raise as a concern would be responded by "We'll fix it during first service".

Last edited by Dud_Dodo : 10th September 2008 at 20:08.
Old 10th September 2008, 23:50   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
I guess this is what Babu is pushing for, i.e. a Tyre replacement. He did mention that they tried an Alignment which didn't work. He has made mention of the issue on the receipt that he just sent during delivery.

Dude Did they (babu ) Isolate the issue, as to which Tyre is faulty .
What was the Alignment Reading ?

After how long did Fiat give you a tyre replacement?

Fiat Does not comes in Picture , Its Good Year.They replaced it within 4 days,Only after I made things worst for Concorde.Its was Faulty Factory make tyre which I wanted to be replaced under warranty so this matter was esclated to jaldeep virani,Only after doing so much I got things done so soon as I had to go for a long trip.

Read this It will help you.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-3-mjd-10.html
Old 22nd September 2008, 22:50   #183
BHPian

Tire Upsize - Which One?

The defective tire showed itself. Although tubeless, it had gone totally flat, changed it with the spare one & the wobbling stopped totally. However I am considering an upsize of my tires & have almost zeroed in on Bridgestone Potenza G3. However I was working out the specs to see what suits best & have worked out several options (please check the attached file for the workings, hope I've done it correctly).

To summarize the calculation in the file, the same is as follows:
1. OE Tires: 165/80R13 which would mean that the Aspect ratio in height would be 132 mm & including the rim size (13 inches) total height would thus translate to be ~ 18.2 inches. So to ensure that the CG of the car doesn't go higher after the upsize, stability being a very important factor I considered the following.
2. 185/60R14: The aspect ratio in mm for this configuration would be 120 mm & the total height would end up increasing to 18.4 inches. 0.2 inches more than the OE & Aspect Ratio being lesser in height. - Would aspect ratio being lesser lead to any change in the ride comfort/quality and would being 0.2 inches taller, would that affect stability?

Not sure whether the following two can be installed on a Palio SDX if yes then:
3. 195/55R14: The total height ends up matching to OE fitted tires in this case, however the aspect ratio reduces by 25 mm (almost an inch) - Would aspect ratio being lesser lead to any change in the ride comfort/quality?
4. 195/60R14: Total height increases by 0.4 inches. Aspect ratio is lesser than OE by about 15 mm. 0.4 inches taller, is that safe? Again, would ride quality be compromised?
5. 205/60R14: Total height increases by 0.6 inches, aspect ratio is 9 mm lesser than OE.

Experts, please help. Please suggest the best tire I should go for & whether it should be Bridgestone Potenza or Michelin?
Attached Files
File Type: xls Tire Calculation.xls (27.5 KB, 442 views)
Old 22nd September 2008, 23:18   #184
BHPian

Wrong upsize adviced.

If you are changing the wheel rim size by going for an up size to 14 inch rims I suggest you go for the wrong up size of tires if your warranty period is over.

I had 175/65R14 in my GTX as original but I went for the wrong up size of 185/65R14 knowing fully well that I should have gone for 185/60R14.

If the roads are bad like it is in Cochin I suggest you go for a tire with 2 ply sidewall rating. I am not talking about ply rating of the tread area but specifically of the side wall.

I bought myself MRF ZV2K and am extremely impressed with its performance over 3 months. They are OE tires for the old OPTRA Petrol.
There is a minor under reading of the odometer because of the wrong up size.
For every 103km covered the car is presently showing 100km a discrepancy I can live with. The benefit is a firm but cushy ride with tremendous grip in dry weather conditions. I drive slow in the rains and hence have not reached the limits of the tire in the wet.
If roads are well laid then I suggest the tire in the link below.
Yokohama

If you have deep pockets then I suggest the Michelin tires but steer clear of unidirectional tires if wheel alignment is suspect. Remember that camber cannot be corrected in the Palio.
Do read my other posts on tires for the Palio.
Old 23rd September 2008, 00:08   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
The defective tire showed itself. Although tubeless, it had gone totally flat, changed it with the spare one & the wobbling stopped totally. However I am considering an upsize of my tires & have almost zeroed in on Bridgestone Potenza G3.
Okies looks Like I was Bang on Target,Told You Its The tire.
I would say do not zeroed in on Bridgestone Potenza G3,take some more time, Go with what is tried and tested.One of our members (Tom)has already upsize his cars tires,which works well for him.

Even I not so happy with the OE tyres so Would be going for the upgrade soon.Looking forward to 185/65 Michelin XM1 tubeless- 3460 & 14" LENSO's ( which is tried and tested ,No Experments needed)

This is the information given to me,so will it pass on :
shop is Sai Iyangar Tyres @ Indiranagar for both the tyre and the alloys.You can reach ashwin (the shop owner) @ 9880116405 in case you dont find the place, its near ESI hospital on indiranagar Double road.Quote the following names "Nithin or Tom" he will be able to help you get the stuff you need.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks