Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2008, 23:13   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav View Post
Can any of confirm if FIAT has stopped making MJD's (SDX) in black? I was told by Prerana that Black color has been discontinued by FIAT. Anyone please check your sources and confirm this news for me! It will break my heart if this is true!
Nope, that isn't true. Prerana themselves confirmed that Black is the only color available within 10 to 15 days (I doubt that however). They also did mention that Red & Blue have higher wait times.

Deepak from Prerana confirmed that he has blocked a Black SDX for me despite my lease firm goofing up on raising the PO. He said, if all goes well & if they receive the PO by Wednesday, he can possibly have the car delivered to me by Sat.

However, Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 21st July 2008, 23:25   #77
BHPian

Damn... I don't understand why they are saying stuff like this to me. I've even paid my booking amount and was going to pay them the remaining this on Wednesday. Guess I need to make a trip there and talk to their manager!
Old 22nd July 2008, 11:21   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dud_Dodo View Post
Deepak from Prerana confirmed that he has blocked a Black SDX for me despite my lease firm goofing up on raising the PO. He said, if all goes well & if they receive the PO by Wednesday, he can possibly have the car delivered to me by Sat.

However, Keeping my fingers crossed.
Best of luck! And dont believe them blindly.
Old 22nd July 2008, 14:40   #79
BHPian

Just got off the Phone with Prerana. Didn't press on anything about delivery & just asked whether the PO had been raised by the lease firm. Apparently it still hasn't been, but is under process.

They also said that one vehicle has been blocked for me, so I asked whether the vehicles are in stock already, he said no, but that they're in transit & that they started for Bangalore on the 20th. He said that transit usually takes about 3 to 4 days & that they're expecting the vehicle by tomorrow or the day after.

He also went on to say that if the PO is raised within today or tomorrow, we should get the vehicle in about two days from that.
Old 22nd July 2008, 16:03   #80
BHPian

No Black Palio

Prerana told me the same thing today, that the Black color has been discontinued.

Will this be true?

They have 4 or 5 White Palio's in Transit, TomRider, you should be getting yours by this weekend. They're offering me a white one as well. 'm yet to decide, I don't like white colored cars.

Does anybody have pics of a white colored Palio Stile? Would like to see one before I decide.
Old 22nd July 2008, 16:07   #81
Senior - BHPian

White looks good with the new FIAT logo. I have seen it in flesh though dont have any ready made pics. Will click a pic if I see a white Palio which I spot every 2-3 days.
Old 22nd July 2008, 16:42   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Prerana told me the same thing today, that the Black color has been discontinued.

Will this be true?

They have 4 or 5 White Palio's in Transit, TomRider, you should be getting yours by this weekend. They're offering me a white one as well. 'm yet to decide, I don't like white colored cars.

Does anybody have pics of a white colored Palio Stile? Would like to see one before I decide.
i have seen a white MJD in the service center when getting my cars 2nd service done and it looked pretty good. but each to their own, i like white color cars hehe
Old 22nd July 2008, 16:57   #83
Senior - BHPian

Dodo,

Mint White Palio looks cool!

Check the pics of Mint White Palio of a PUG member here, I guess you need to be PUG member to view the pics:
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/gro...e/278e?b=1&m=t
Old 22nd July 2008, 17:37   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Dodo,

Mint White Palio looks cool!

Check the pics of Mint White Palio of a PUG member here, I guess you need to be PUG member to view the pics:
http://autos.ph.groups.yahoo.com/gro...e/278e?b=1&m=t

Zabaardast white Stile

reminded me of the retro version....I wish they reintroduce the Canary Yellow in 1.6 Sports!

Cheers~
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:29   #85
BHPian

Thanks finneyp, rudrah, jazzy, vigneshram and phamilyman for the wishes. Vigneshram, you seem to know your dealers- cool.I wish I can post some pictures of our car but dad has duly loaned out our digi cam to someone and mobile phone pictures are not going to help I guess. I don't wish to thread jack,so will post my reasons for the choice and living experience as a separate thread. And white looks real nice on this car next only to the civic IMO.
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:50   #86
BHPian

Good to know that you are happy with Mr White...
Do post some pic when you can , I am sure its going to give a hot look.
Any plans of upgrading the wheels ??? If yes This is the correct time do it a sap.

Last edited by jazzy_2cool : 22nd July 2008 at 18:52.
Old 22nd July 2008, 18:54   #87
BHPian

Manipal Has Black

Spoke to Manipal Motors, they say that they can deliver me a Black SDX.
This would mean I would have to ask my Lease firm to raise a different PO & this change may require a day to process.

Also, this would mean, absolutely no goodies. I think I'm ok with no goodies so far as I get the color of my choice. Would also mean an all new wait period.
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:03   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to Manipal Motors, they say that they can deliver me a Black SDX.
This would mean I would have to ask my Lease firm to raise a different PO & this change may require a day to process.

Also, this would mean, absolutely no goodies. I think I'm ok with no goodies so far as I get the color of my choice. Would also mean an all new wait period.
Try Concorde Motor also. The contact person name is Biju. They are getting some black SDX this weekend. You can refer my name if you want. he has been very helpful to me. He told me that they have ordered some vehicles as they have great demand for the black colour.

Regards,

Sridhar.P
Old 22nd July 2008, 23:25   #89
BHPian

Quote:

Will this be true?

AFAIK, they have 5 white, 4 red and 2 grey in transit. The company has stopped the production of Black Palios. They are planning to introduce a new color soon. And abt my car.... we wil see.. 57 days and stil counting!
Old 23rd July 2008, 00:33   #90
BHPian

hi dud dodo...
i have seen a white SDX in thane.it was also fitted with alloys.lemme tell u all ppl on the signal were oogling at the white baby.looks amazing.the guy with me thought that its some imported car until i pointed out the fiat logo.he hadnt even heard abt the multijet.bad news fiat.some better marketing plzz....
will take pics the next time i happen to see it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks