Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th December 2008, 14:51   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

As we had a very hectic last week and we didnt have much chance to take out the white angel.

So, i couldnt wait any longer and tanked it up and i was pleasantly surprised to get a FE of 12.8kmpl ( auto-cut off to auto cut-off)

And, this is purely in city driving with wifey polishing her driving skills on it so 1st and 2nd gears were mostly used.

I have a grin on my face
Old 3rd February 2009, 15:23   #137
Distinguished - BHPian

i10 Kappa-1st Service Update: 800Kms

Our white angel completed 800 kms and went through it's 1st service on Jan 31st ( 2 months after taking delivery). Since we hardly find time to use this car, therefore, very low mileage on it till date. Hope to change that in near future.

There is a noticeable improvement in performance of the car after the service. It's become very smooth, stable and engine revvs have returned to normalcy. Some problems outlined to the service folks and rectified were :-

a) High revving of the engine

b) Brakes were not effective. When at 60kmph, sudden braking does not instills confidence, i was by this discrepancy. But, now its sorted out, they are now functioning how it should be.

c) Slight rattle sound from behind when the car goes over a bump at a slightly higher speed

d) Squeaky sound when the horn is pressed

e) Front seat belts were loose

f) Cabin light does not come if rear doors are open. It seems that feature isn't there in i10 ( or maybe, in my variant-Magna). Quite strange, curious to know how much money Hyundai saved by dis-abling this feature.

The power delivery is really smooth and in 3rd gear at 2k rpm the car surges ahead and show its true colors of 80bhp engine. However, like most small cars, the minute you switch on A/C, the power takes a beating and you need to downshift to overtake.

Mileage that i am consistently getting before 1st service is 12.5KMPL. (i.e), 375km fuel light blinks and i re-fill it with 30L.
Hope it improves by a 1km, not asking for more or less.
Old 4th February 2009, 12:04   #138
BHPian

mileage will definitely improve after the 1st service. Great that all those rattling has been rectified.

One thing in i10 is really bad handbrake and the gear shift (not as smooth as it should be)
Old 4th February 2009, 13:48   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
mileage will definitely improve after the 1st service. Great that all those rattling has been rectified.

One thing in i10 is really bad handbrake and the gear shift (not as smooth as it should be)
I found gearshift to be absolutely smooth as in most Hyundai's ( This is my 3rd Hyundai car).

I do agree on the handbrake part, it isn't as effective, especially on a gradient, you need to pull the lever real hard to hold the car.
Old 4th February 2009, 15:17   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I found gearshift to be absolutely smooth as in most Hyundai's ( This is my 3rd Hyundai car).

I do agree on the handbrake part, it isn't as effective, especially on a gradient, you need to pull the lever real hard to hold the car.
I second your views on gearshift in Hyundais--I've driven Santro, Accent and Sonata Embera---all were butter smooth.

On the handbrake part, I don't remember. But I find the handbrake of the Ford Fiesta a little hard compared to my WagonR and the M800 I'd had long back. Anyways, my biceps are improving!
Old 4th February 2009, 15:41   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I second your views on gearshift in Hyundais--I've driven Santro, Accent and Sonata Embera---all were butter smooth.

On the handbrake part, I don't remember. But I find the handbrake of the Ford Fiesta a little hard compared to my WagonR and the M800 I'd had long back. Anyways, my biceps are improving!
On the contrary, handbrake in my Viva is quite smooth and engages quickly without having to try any dumbell movements.
Old 5th February 2009, 19:05   #142
BHPian

Going to book i10 Magna MT (White) on this Sunday. Dealer Offerings - Free Insurance + Acc. such as mats, seat covers, etc. + Rs. 10k exchange bonus.
Initially, i wanted to go for AT but 15 days waiting and not much use, also considered higher service cost, low resale and low FE, finalised the MT. One more reason for the MT was to get a damn good ICE setup for the 40k saving!!!
Old 6th February 2009, 11:36   #143
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbhikari View Post
Going to book i10 Magna MT (White) on this Sunday. Dealer Offerings - Free Insurance + Acc. such as mats, seat covers, etc. + Rs. 10k exchange bonus.
Initially, i wanted to go for AT but 15 days waiting and not much use, also considered higher service cost, low resale and low FE, finalised the MT. One more reason for the MT was to get a damn good ICE setup for the 40k saving!!!
Congratulations for your new car.

I think you made a darn good decision of choosing white as most other colors have become quite common on roads. If you can afford to, change the stock rubber as its decent in city driving but not adequate for highways usage.

How much was the OTR for Magna Variant in UP? Look forward to pictures soon.
Old 6th February 2009, 22:36   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations for your new car.

I think you made a darn good decision of choosing white as most other colors have become quite common on roads. If you can afford to, change the stock rubber as its decent in city driving but not adequate for highways usage.

How much was the OTR for Magna Variant in UP? Look forward to pictures soon.
Thanks! I will be using the i10 solely in the city, maybe 90% city 10% highway. NHC will be doing the duty at highway for me.
The OTR price break-up is as follows - 3.99 Lac ex-showroom + Reg. - 12k. Deal update - Now getting free Teflon Coat and Central Locking in addition to the before mentioned deal.
Old 26th May 2009, 16:56   #145
Distinguished - BHPian

White Angel : 2nd Service Completed !!

Just completed 2nd Service of our i10 Kappa after completing 2300 kms (i am embarrased...LOL) on the odo. It's been a blissful 6-months with the car performing superbly all this while . Since it is used by wifey to work and she drives approximately 10kms both ways. And, sometimes when she feels stressed out, she prefers the auto...hehe!

I called Laxmi Hyundai folks a day before ( May 22) to pick up the car and next day he promptly comes at 8:30AM and jots down all problems :-

---Handbrake tightening
---ORVM glass came out as a biker dashed against the car
--AC was not that effective ( have not installed any film yet) maybe thats why felt it hoter during this summers
--Average issue ( 11.5kmpl)

I told the driver to ask the gentleman that I know in Lakshmi to call me and i receive a call promptly at 9:30AM and i told him- pay special attention to my car since you know me from so many years and i owned so many HM cars and all that talk and he assured me, Sir-I will take care of the car as if its my own

Got the car back promptly at 4:30pm spick and span with all the problems highlighted nicely addressed. Bill came to Rs.837

Hope to log in more kilometers in the near future. I just dont seem to get over my pete'd accent viva's hangover to give me an excuse to use the i10Kappa more.
Old 26th May 2009, 17:17   #146
BHPian

i10 AC blues

i have read somewhere that the AC of the i10 is not at all effective in the indian sun since the car is predominantly manufactured for the european markets. there is definately also a fuel consumtion connection with overstressed ACs in i10s.Another issue with the indian sun is that it causes a lot of glare in the drivers eyes from the i10 all beige dashboard. So its better to have lotz of kids with soily hands in i10 families. That apart, the front suspension struts are a little weak for the non-golden qadrilateral roads of our country.
Old 18th January 2010, 16:42   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
i have read somewhere that the AC of the i10 is not at all effective in the indian sun since the car is predominantly manufactured for the european markets.
Maybe. even the AC in i20 1.2 is also not that effective.
Old 18th January 2010, 18:13   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitartha View Post
i have read somewhere that the AC of the i10 is not at all effective in the indian sun since the car is predominantly manufactured for the european markets. there is definately also a fuel consumtion connection with overstressed ACs in i10s.Another issue with the indian sun is that it causes a lot of glare in the drivers eyes from the i10 all beige dashboard. So its better to have lotz of kids with soily hands in i10 families. That apart, the front suspension struts are a little weak for the non-golden qadrilateral roads of our country.
Quite untrue on teh AC part. As far as I can recall, there were hardly any times when I had set the setting of AC to 3/4 in scorching summers (apart from when the Car was kept under the sun for long) and that too for not more than 10 minutes.
Yes, the beige dashboard gives you problem but then with time you get used to that glaze.
Old 30th January 2010, 12:09   #149
BHPian

white it will be..

I was deciding between White / Grey 1.2 M series !
the pics with the teddies and the Front view, sealed the deal for a Vanilla..

Every time someone brings up "..how many freebies you got !!.." you must be getting a smile wider than da Grinch-smile !

Well, I am hardly able to squeeze Underbody AR, mud flaps/mattings, ext. warranty. (as of now !)-
So, 4.27L OTR is 99% final,
I have a 20-30K to spend now, (and more 20-30 after, say +6 months)

So for now, whats your feed?, should I get
ICEcream+ArtLeather OR
Alloy+Michelin Shoes OR
Body Kit (full/partial ?)

I plan to have all three eventually by +6months anyway ! cant say where to start with!!

@mobike008
Any plans for spending more on your Angel !?
<OT: I read the thread from page 1 thr to the end !, and I feel like I know you like a bro !
Sure will bargain like you for my next car.!!>
<for now, can you talk to my dealer too !! kidding : , no but seriously !! :lol, again: >
Old 19th March 2010, 15:26   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daewood View Post
Maybe. even the AC in i20 1.2 is also not that effective.
I agree here to some extent. Its ineffective when there was no film. When i got the film done up, the AC works miraculously and chills the environs fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopraa View Post
Quite untrue on teh AC part. As far as I can recall, there were hardly any times when I had set the setting of AC to 3/4 in scorching summers (apart from when the Car was kept under the sun for long) and that too for not more than 10 minutes.
Yes, the beige dashboard gives you problem but then with time you get used to that glaze.
In your above scenario, i blast it to 4 for about a minute or two and then turn it back to 2.

Those cream dashboards are a nuisance when your driving under trees as sometimes it almost blinds you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driverace View Post
@mobike008
Any plans for spending more on your Angel !?
<OT: I read the thread from page 1 thr to the end !, and I feel like I know you like a bro !
Sure will bargain like you for my next car.!!>
<for now, can you talk to my dealer too !! kidding : , no but seriously !! :lol, again: >
I came across your ownership thread and i am glad your enjoying your vanilla ice-cream.

I just got the sun film done up and not spending a dime as its used 70% by wifey and it runs less than 10kms/day.

Have fun with your car and drive safe !!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks