Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2008, 22:20   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Congrats mobike, About tyres If you plan on alloys then make sure you buy Michellin tyres also, you will love them.

After I changed tyres in my Auto (Alto) to Michelins it rides like my Innova (already sold) with goodyear tyre, I am thinking how smooth Innova will be If we put Michellins. They are best tyres I have ever seen.

Regards,

Ravi.
Thanks Ravi, i have not yet decided to change my tyres. If yes, then will surely get the michelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGP View Post
Why spoil the looks of the door? Instead stick a rubber sheet on the wall - or maybe a thick felt cloth.

Congratulations on the new car. Will follow this thread regularly for updates.
This problem is resolved, i have learnt now how to park it in our tight spot and there is no problem as of now getting out of the driver side door. So it was just a simple amendment to style of parkingcheers:
Old 8th December 2008, 23:17   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is a picture of the i10 with the man himself
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Kappa (Nov-2008) : White Angel Comes Home !!!-dsc_4571.jpg  

Old 9th December 2008, 08:43   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thanks Ravi, i have not yet decided to change my tyres. If yes, then will surely get the michelins
Do you think our i10s need better footwear? I dont think so, but generally most of the reviews are stating that the i10 is having the low profile tires.
Old 9th December 2008, 08:54   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbusos View Post
Do you think our i10s need better footwear? I dont think so, but generally most of the reviews are stating that the i10 is having the low profile tires.
As your aware, i dont use the i10 regularly and it is purely for wifey and she is a new learner so even i am not keen to change the tyres which i feel are very good for regular city driving and i am sure it is also adequate for some spirited driving on highways.

Btw, i am running on Bridgestones? Do you have the same?
Old 9th December 2008, 09:27   #110
Senior - BHPian

Nice pic Avi, a similiar one with your peted Viva also would be good to see!
Old 9th December 2008, 10:19   #111
BHPian

Quote:
As your aware, i dont use the i10 regularly and it is purely for wifey and she is a new learner so even i am not keen to change the tyres which i feel are very good for regular city driving and i am sure it is also adequate for some spirited driving on highways.

Btw, i am running on Bridgestones? Do you have the same?
I am running on MRF. Even during my drive on highways, I never felt the need for the high profile tires. However most of the reviews I read were suggesting a upgrade. Hence I am in double minds. My experience with the current set of tires is beautiful and never felt like less grip or some thing like that.
Old 9th December 2008, 11:00   #112
Distinguished - BHPian

@Srikanth, thanks for your comments.

How about this picture of my pete'd Viva? Taken on way to Goa during our trip in Aug'08
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Kappa (Nov-2008) : White Angel Comes Home !!!-dsc_2852.jpg  

Old 9th December 2008, 11:06   #113
Senior - BHPian

Avi, This looks awesome!! You should combine both the white angels & red fury's pics of yours and post it again!! Super Cool!!
Old 9th December 2008, 12:20   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Here is a picture of the i10 with the man himself

Avi bhai....

You look like a model man

About time Hyundai replaces Shahrukh with you as their new brand ambassador..

I am sure you will not charge them a bomb too

Thanks for the directions to Nacharam sir... btw not sure you knw this ,that place has wholesale shoe shops @ amazing rates ... got 2 pairs of them (formal wear) for INR 1400...
Old 9th December 2008, 14:40   #115
BHPian

hmmm petefied accent crdi having fun
whats the 0-100 now??
Old 9th December 2008, 14:58   #116
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Surya and Rajesh.

Rajesh Bhai, main hi mila aap ko subah subah chane ke jaad chadane

Though i agree if i lose a few kilos ( or is it more like a couple of dozen ), i dont look that bad...you see modesty is my middle name...heheheh

Yeah, you told me about that shoe shop in Nacharam, didnt know about that. Will check it out! Btw, your going overboard with the number of smiley's, beware !!!!!!!!

@Ashish, i am not into the 0-100 game. Having said that, it does not mean i dont enjoy the power and several times i did breathe down the necks of much much powerful cars and is good enough for me

I prefer calling my pete'd viva a "Red Beast" and here is a picture of the red beast vying with white angel

Well, white angel does not stand a chance in front of the red beast, don't you think?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Kappa (Nov-2008) : White Angel Comes Home !!!-dsc_4531.jpg  

Old 9th December 2008, 20:02   #117
BHPian

well your white angel might well have a chance with CAI, K&N, FFE, ECU upgrade and possibly a turbo
Old 9th December 2008, 20:47   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
JK, appreciate a lot your thoughtfulness of remembering to click pictures as you promised.

They look absolutely wonderful on a white. I am going to search for a similar pattern out here. Quick couple of q's. Are they stock tyres? Any idea which brand of alloys they are?

Again, thanks a bunch !
Stock tyres

Why not paint the B pillar black
Old 10th December 2008, 09:01   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
well your white angel might well have a chance with CAI, K&N, FFE, ECU upgrade and possibly a turbo
Whoa Whoa, i dont have money to buy petrol. Can we think of these little later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Stock tyres

Why not paint the B pillar black
Actually, my wife wants to paint/sticker the car in black stripes starting from the front number plate in the middle and running through the entire roof and ending at the rear number plate at the middle. Don't ask me why

I prefer the car as much stock as possible and a little averse to stickering but if stickering is done with some sense, it turns out really good. Black color on C pillar is a good idea, seen it on many white Swifts.

Will request one of our resident hyderabad photoshop expert to do some gimmicks and based on results will decide

I forgot to mention, last sunday, we were out shopping for a couple of watches to carry along with my mom for my sister and BIL who live in US.

And, while selecting their watches, i liked a watch and i was murmuring to my wifey and mom that it looked nice but said i already have many watches dont really need one.

And, this discussion lasted for 5 minutes and 5 secs, and my wifey told the salesman to pack the watch, it was a gift from her to me in lieu of the car that i bought for her.

And, instead of spending 6-7K for my sister and BIL's gifts we ended up spending 13K. Here is the picture of my new watch, posting it here because i got it free for buying an i10 :-
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai i10 Kappa (Nov-2008) : White Angel Comes Home !!!-dsc_4540.jpg  

Old 10th December 2008, 09:21   #120
Senior - BHPian

Hey your Viva looks great, and the new watch is awesome, looks like breitling, nice strap too

Last edited by Latheesh : 10th December 2008 at 09:29.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks