Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 22:50   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Hmmm... new car. So in whose name is this one registered? If you know where I am coming from... ;-)

By the way, congrats. Its enthusiasts like you who keep the industry floating in tough times.

Also, tell your boss about that fab sales negotiation skill of yours. I am sure he will be floored. Haa haa haaa.
Deb, you know whose name it is registered, now you dont have to rub it in

Thanks for the compliment, wish my boss thinks like that and gives me an additional sales bonus for this acheivement

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaGsTerrr View Post
Congrats on your new purchase!!
The last picture you have posted looks cool!
Thanks buddy. None of the pictures do justice to the looks of this beauty in white. Keep watching this thread for better pictures pretty soon.
Old 2nd December 2008, 08:11   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Thanks for the compliment, wish my boss thinks like that and gives me an additional sales bonus for this acheivement
Hope none of your potential clients are on the forum, else you would be at the receiving end soon

I am sure you had given out more freebies than what you have got to your existing clients already
Old 2nd December 2008, 09:13   #63
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations mate.

Please post some pictures of the dicky.

The coolest thing about the i-10 is the positioning of the gear lever. Simply unbeatable.

But I love the A-Star.

Good you got yourself the KAPPA variant, otherwise you would have felt cheated.
Old 2nd December 2008, 10:16   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Congrats. White is definitely WoW !!

Ad please do let me know of your impression of the car while driving, especially the dashbord reflection problem that cars with beige interiors face.
Congrats buddy.. let us know if it satisfies you..

Have a safe drive.
Old 2nd December 2008, 11:54   #65
BHPian

Congrats!

Congrats on the White Angel! As an i10 owner I can say she would take very good care of you and your family.cheers:

One quick point on your initial note regarding the cabin lights. I'm not sure about the 1.2 Magna, but in the 1.1 Magna (which I have) all 4 doors are linked to the cabin light. In fact I know when a passenger (rear or front) has not closed the door properly when the cabin light remain on.
Old 2nd December 2008, 12:50   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheARUN View Post
Congratulations mate.

Please post some pictures of the dicky.

The coolest thing about the i-10 is the positioning of the gear lever. Simply unbeatable.

But I love the A-Star.

Good you got yourself the KAPPA variant, otherwise you would have felt cheated.
Sure, will post the pictures over this weekend. Busy@ work. Yes, simply love the gear lever positioning, so comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by enter View Post
Congrats buddy.. let us know if it satisfies you..

Have a safe drive.
Thanks man. will keep updating this thread as we drive more. so keep a check on it regularly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverR View Post
Congrats on the White Angel! As an i10 owner I can say she would take very good care of you and your family.cheers:

One quick point on your initial note regarding the cabin lights. I'm not sure about the 1.2 Magna, but in the 1.1 Magna (which I have) all 4 doors are linked to the cabin light. In fact I know when a passenger (rear or front) has not closed the door properly when the cabin light remain on.
Thanks Driver, can you share your FE figures in city/highway and under normal and hard driving conditions.

Actually, I am more interested in the figures under hard driving conditions

Regarding the cabin lights, mebbe a loose connection. Also, there is a faint noise noise coming from passenger side dashboard when i accelarate, need to get this also checked
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:22   #67
BHPian

1.1 i10 FE

In city driving, my FE has been constantly aroung 14 kmpl. This is using normal fuel, with approx 50% a/c.

Worst FE has been 13.4. Best has been 14.5

I've been maintaining a FE log book for sometime now.

Not done any highway run yet, so cannot say much.

My driving style on average is normally on the bit agressive mode, but no redlining driving style!

Hope this info is helpful!
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:47   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

@Driver, it certainly helps. Thanks

14kmpl is what i was looking at. So maybe i have to keep myself happy with maybe a lower figure as i can't wait to redline which i do quite regularly too ( though after 1st service)
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Driver, it certainly helps. Thanks

14kmpl is what i was looking at. So maybe i have to keep myself happy with maybe a lower figure as i can't wait to redline which i do quite regularly too ( though after 1st service)
My friends Kappa driven 1700km till now is giving him 14.5 kmpl so i guess this is the usual FE these will be giving.
Old 4th December 2008, 15:37   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Update: 250kms Report

Completed 250kms on our new Hyundai i10 in the past 5 days and the experience has been absolutely wonderful.

There'S a nice feature of autocop remote locking. When you slot in 1st gear, all doors lock automatically and when you come to a stop from running and as soon as the car comes to standstill and you move to neutral, the doors un-lock automatically. Not sure, if that's a
good feature or bad.

I checked with showroom folks and i think the cabin light not coming up must be related to some loose wiring and not some
pointless feature that i assumed before.

As updated before, there is a peculiar slight grrr sound coming from the dashboard sign when we rev the engine, need to show it to them over this weekend.

AC is extremely chilling but then we are in winters so let's wait for summers to put it to real test. However, i am bit disappointed about a particular thing, even with 80bhp under its hood, as soon as you turn on the AC, engine becomes little sluggish and you need to come to the right rev range ( 2k) for real power to dart it's head out.

Gearshift's are nice and they slot easily and are quite smooth but there's slight thak sound it makes. Don't get me wrong, its not a (-VE). I was just comparing to Viva where the gearshift is much more smoother and no sound at all.

I am totally in love with it's seating and especially the rear seating, it's bench like and provides nice thigh support which is missing in Viva, wherein the rear-end of the rear seat slopes backwards which is quite uncomfortable.

Ride is little choppy at slow speeds and bumps can be felt but as you increase speed it demolishes the bad roads to a large extent. Maximum speed drove until now is 80kmph and went up to 3K or a little more RPM.

Handling is also miles apart from my previous Santro and is much improved and almost like big car type. I would have loved to change the tyres to slightly wider ones but my practical head tells me i am jumping off a cliff if i do that.

Will update the FE part once i finish a tankful, though it won't be the right figures as currently my wife is using her white angel to upgrade her driving skills which were previously non-existent. So when she is behind the wheel, it goes until a maximum of 3rd gear and hurriedly comes back to either 1st/neutral/jarring halt

Need a quick advice here, since our white angel has to be tightly squeezed into the parking lot, while getting out, the driver side door has to be pressed a bit to the wall to enable my bulk to exit out of the car. Is there any rubber that i can fit on the door edge in one place ( maybe 3-5 inches long) to protect the paint of the door edge?

Will keep updating this thread with more feedback and pictures as time passes by !!!
Old 4th December 2008, 15:59   #71
BHPian

Quote:
There'S a nice feature of autocop remote locking. When you slot in 1st gear, all doors lock automatically and when you come to a stop from running and as soon as the car comes to standstill and you move to neutral, the doors un-lock automatically. Not sure, if that's a good feature or bad.
IMO, its not a good feature. it would unlock at traffic signals and enable anyone to open the door, grab something and run away. add to that the constant "clack-clack" racket of locking and unlocking in bumper to bumper traffic.
my dad's Wagon R has a similar feature where the doors unlock on using the handbrake. he had it disabled.

Quote:
Need a quick advice here, since our white angel has to be tightly squeezed into the parking lot, while getting out, the driver side door has to be pressed a bit to the wall to enable my bulk to exit out of the car. Is there any rubber that i can fit on the door edge in one place ( maybe 3-5 inches long) to protect the paint of the door edge?
in similar situations, i protect the edge of the door with my hand while getting off. If i cant open it fully that way, I prefer to crossover to the left side and use the other door.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:19   #72
BHPian

Quote:
There'S a nice feature of autocop remote locking. When you slot in 1st gear, all doors lock automatically and when you come to a stop from running and as soon as the car comes to standstill and you move to neutral, the doors un-lock automatically. Not sure, if that's a good feature or bad.

As updated before, there is a peculiar slight grrr sound coming from the dashboard sign when we rev the engine, need to show it to them over this weekend.

AC is extremely chilling but then we are in winters so let's wait for summers to put it to real test. However, i am bit disappointed about a particular thing, even with 80bhp under its hood, as soon as you turn on the AC, engine becomes little sluggish and you need to come to the right rev range ( 2k) for real power to dart it's head out.

Gearshift's are nice and they slot easily and are quite smooth but there's slight thak sound it makes. Don't get me wrong, its not a (-VE). I was just comparing to Viva where the gearshift is much more smoother and no sound at all.

I am totally in love with it's seating and especially the rear seating, it's bench like and provides nice thigh support which is missing in Viva, wherein the rear-end of the rear seat slopes backwards which is quite uncomfortable.

Ride is little choppy at slow speeds and bumps can be felt but as you increase speed it demolishes the bad roads to a large extent. Maximum speed drove until now is 80kmph and went up to 3K or a little more RPM.

Handling is also miles apart from my previous Santro and is much improved and almost like big car type. I would have loved to change the tyres to slightly wider ones but my practical head tells me i am jumping off a cliff if i do that.

Will update the FE part once i finish a tankful, though it won't be the right figures as currently my wife is using her white angel to upgrade her driving skills which were previously non-existent. So when she is behind the wheel, it goes until a maximum of 3rd gear and hurriedly comes back to either 1st/neutral/jarring halt

Will keep updating this thread with more feedback and pictures as time passes by !!!
Autocop - same thing for me too...

Even I am getting the same grr sound... Please post the update so that I can also take help

Same with the gearshifts...

I will be taking my beauty for a long trip tomorrow, hence would be able to update the FE on Monday. So keep an eye on my thread.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:24   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
IMO, its not a good feature. it would unlock at traffic signals and enable anyone to open the door, grab something and run away. add to that the constant "clack-clack" racket of locking and unlocking in bumper to bumper traffic.
my dad's Wagon R has a similar feature where the doors unlock on using the handbrake. he had it disabled.

in similar situations, i protect the edge of the door with my hand while getting off. If i cant open it fully that way, I prefer to crossover to the left side and use the other door.
Exactly my thoughts about the remote locking regarding the traffic signal and yes, the racket is indeed irritating sometimes. I may get it disabled too

Dude, getting out from passenger side is not possible, i am 6.1 and heavy too so i reckon using the hand seems to be the only option
Old 4th December 2008, 16:44   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Dude, getting out from passenger side is not possible, i am 6.1 and heavy too so i reckon using the hand seems to be the only option
You didnt get the Sunroof free, otherwise you could have tried that option.
Old 4th December 2008, 16:47   #75
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Avi and Finally the white angel comes home after so many thoughts and deliberations.
Autocop feature that your car is a menace and a risk especially if you have your laptop at the rear of the car and at signals,someone can open the door and walk away with your laptop...So i guess this should be disabled.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks