Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 16:14   #151
BHPian

Quote:
I agree here to some extent. Its ineffective when there was no film. When i got the film done up, the AC works miraculously and chills the environs fast.
\

Hi mobike008, congrats on you i-10. I have a Sportz-oyster gray. Yes the AC works really well with sunfilm on.
Old 19th March 2010, 18:13   #152
Senior - BHPian

picked up my i10 1.2 sportz 15 days back. nice car to drive around in city but power delivery i feel is not quite linear as i expected. some amount of work is required with the gears even in the city. but its a breeze to drive around ( this is my first small car )

wonder what is the FE to expect ? i havent checked myself.

as for the a/c its quite a chiller. i have garware films on. so not sure how far that affects the a/c performance ( im sure it does to an extent ) but i have never had to put it beyond blower 1 when i drive single
Old 15th October 2010, 13:14   #153
BHPian

Hi now that you are accustomed to the power of cruze how do you find the performance of kappa now??
I laid hands on my kappa after being used to the power of vRS and cruze and thus have always felt kappa to be slightly sluggish especially in lower rpms. I feel that my xing is more responsive then kappa especially in city. Kappa engine feels quite like honda in terms of the responsiveness. Good at higher rpms is it right??
One thing i would like to point out is that mine is a BS IV kappa so maybe it has something to do with that.
Having said that its an excellent car for female drivers and the engine is quite refined and slient and i just love the butter smooth gear box. Oh and the AC is a chiller. Found it better then cruze and vRS.
Old 16th October 2010, 12:17   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish22 View Post
Hi now that you are accustomed to the power of cruze how do you find the performance of kappa now??
I laid hands on my kappa after being used to the power of vRS and cruze and thus have always felt kappa to be slightly sluggish especially in lower rpms. I feel that my xing is more responsive then kappa especially in city. Kappa engine feels quite like honda in terms of the responsiveness. Good at higher rpms is it right??
One thing i would like to point out is that mine is a BS IV kappa so maybe it has something to do with that.
Having said that its an excellent car for female drivers and the engine is quite refined and slient and i just love the butter smooth gear box. Oh and the AC is a chiller. Found it better then cruze and vRS.
Hi Ashish, thanks for digging up this thread. I was about to update it next week as contemplating a service as its about 5 months since the last service.

As you rightly said, after driving the Cruze, when i take the Kappa out mostly during late nights or weekends i find its power non-existent.

However, i do agree its sluggish at low rpms but from 2k rpm onwards its pretty good. I love to shift gears at 3000rpm to 3500rpm and like any other petrol car the higher the rpm range your in the better the thrill factor.

Since last 2-3 days been driving at 2K rpm to see if i can extract more than 11kmpl from the kappa engine. I tell you its really a tough job to drive in such low rpm range

Currently my ODO reading stands at 8400kms after close to 23 months of ownership.

This morning i took it out for a spin and wanted to get a couple of things fixed :-

1. Roots horn had gone kaput and i was driving the car without one from last week or so and realized, you cannot survive in city traffic without horn. There was a fuse blown so got it fixed.

2. Wiper water was dry. It took in 3 bottles of Distilled water. Each costing Rs.18

Total paid : Rs.100

Most probably next weekend, will send it for 3rd service
Old 16th October 2010, 16:50   #155
BHPian

The first service is now due for my Kappa 1.2 i10.
But the mileage has gone down from 14 to 9.
Old 17th October 2010, 11:04   #156
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indizen010 View Post
The first service is now due for my Kappa 1.2 i10.
But the mileage has gone down from 14 to 9.
Thats drastic. I assume its a manual version. Any change in driving patterns, route or petrol bunks?

I am driving sedately this half tankful and i can see my FE is not going to improve beyond 11kmpl.

Damn, smaller cars are supposed to give better FE, isnt it?
Old 27th October 2010, 10:35   #157
BHPian

Mileage Status?

Mobike008, is there any improvement in the FE?

My last tankful returned 14.78 kmpl with about 25% highway drive where max speed was 140kmph and normal speed was about 100 kmph

I use the tankful to tankful method, yet for information, the low fuel lamp illuminated at around 435km. I filled at 450.3km and the car took in 30.4 litres of fuel(Shell normal). The mileage of 450.3km included about 100km of highway drive( Bellandur-HSR-Hosur Road-NICE Road-Mysore Road-Innovative Film city and back)
Old 9th November 2010, 09:47   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, there is a faint noise noise coming from passenger side dashboard when i accelarate, need to get this also checked
@mobike008, Have you got this issue fixed ?

I'm having the same problem and I'm yet to locate the source of the noise
Old 9th November 2010, 15:37   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPai View Post
Mobike008, is there any improvement in the FE?

My last tankful returned 14.78 kmpl with about 25% highway drive where max speed was 140kmph and normal speed was about 100 kmph

I use the tankful to tankful method, yet for information, the low fuel lamp illuminated at around 435km. I filled at 450.3km and the car took in 30.4 litres of fuel(Shell normal). The mileage of 450.3km included about 100km of highway drive( Bellandur-HSR-Hosur Road-NICE Road-Mysore Road-Innovative Film city and back)
Sorry for late update. I am so obsessed with my White Annihilator that I am ignoring the updates to the White Angel

Since i bought the car in Nov-2008, i have taken it on highway probably only thrice and that too short trips ( <300kms in total) and it returned well above 14kmpl then.

But, i use i10 only in bumper to bumper traffic with 100% AC and it still gives me 340kms ( marginal improvement from 330kms) when the fuel lamp comes up and i always fill the tank to brim and the auto-cut's off at 29.XX Litres.

So in a way, i am still not too happy. As i am getting a better mileage in my Cruze these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by para_7k View Post
@mobike008, Have you got this issue fixed ?

I'm having the same problem and I'm yet to locate the source of the noise
Strangely, that dashboard noise has disappeared on its own. But, there is a slight noise that comes when i turn the steering to right/left ( dont remember exactly which side).

Anyways, its due its 4th service ( its done only 8600kms in 2 years) next month and will get all these niggles sorted out.
Old 12th November 2010, 18:33   #160
BHPian

I am driving sedately this half tankful and i can see my FE is not going to improve beyond 11kmpl.

Damn, smaller cars are supposed to give better FE, isnt it?[/quote]

hey , i second that, my I 10 Kappa, manual FE is just around 11-12 KMPL, tank full to tankfull, i am considering filing a consumer case against Hyundai for cheating us with the 19.8 KMPL claim that they are harping about
Old 23rd November 2010, 21:43   #161
BHPian

FE on new Kappa 2 (VTVT)

Hi there,

I may be in the process of buying an I10 Magna 1.2 Kappa 2 car in the near future. The ARAI FE specified is 20.3 kmpl, but from what I have read on this thread so far, the FE of the I10 is about 14-15 kmpl. Has anyone got better mileage from the I10? Please let me know. My driving is extremely sedate and the roads here in Goa generally permit me towards sedate driving. In my alto LXI 800 the ARAI FE is 18-odd kmpl, but I have always got 19-21 kmpl.

My other option would be the Ritz LXI (petrol) which claims 17.7 kmpl.

So, views on the FE of the I10 would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Melvyn
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:09   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
So, views on the FE of the I10 would be much appreciated.Thanks,Melvyn
Hi Melvyn,

Let me warn you that though i10 Kappa is really an excellent car, it will not give the FE that you desire.

In a city like Hyderabad, in bumper to bumper traffic, my FE has never crossed 11kmpl.

In a city like Goa, where the roads are more like highway roads, you may get 14kmpl at the maximum not more.

So be aware before you take a decision to go ahead with i10 Kappa.
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:26   #163
BHPian

FE -step up!

Last two tankfuls, my dear Vanessa has surprised me!
Over 500-something kms, my Dear i-10 has returned a sparkling mileage of
17.71kmpl !!
It had been a consistent 14.10 kmpl for the first 2300km (1st and 2nd servicing done), No change after the 2nd service either!! (at least for 300km or so)
Which includes my brother learning the car! we making rounds on the "tracks" we have in our town! ( Me learning too- advanced techniques!)
Out of the last 500 km run, 220km was run on Kolhapur_Ambaghat_Ratnagiri and backwards.
The ghats made me push through (rarely 2nd)-3rd-4th gears for quite some time, and the rest on cruise mode!

and the remaining 280 kms like 60%highway+40%city
A/c on 60%time !!

I am going to recalculate!

But, it has held true for like 500kms and fuel measurement Tank-full-to-tank-full!

Last edited by driverace : 23rd November 2010 at 22:27.
Old 23rd November 2010, 22:45   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Hi Melvyn,

Let me warn you that though i10 Kappa is really an excellent car, it will not give the FE that you desire.

In a city like Hyderabad, in bumper to bumper traffic, my FE has never crossed 11kmpl.

In a city like Goa, where the roads are more like highway roads, you may get 14kmpl at the maximum not more.

So be aware before you take a decision to go ahead with i10 Kappa.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Now, a few more queries:

1. The Kappa 2 VTVT claims to have a better FE than the earlier Kappa. If I drive the Kappa 1.2 with extreme care, without AC for 95% of the time and with a light foot, do you think I could extract at least 17-18 kmpl? What do other Kappa owners have to say about their FE?

2. What about the 1.1 IRDE? Would that give me a better FE? I have been told that I10 Magna has both engines, IRDE and Kappa 2.

3. If, as you say, the 1.2 Kappa2 can deliver only a max 15 kmpl, would you then think that the Ritz 1.2 petrol (which claims 17.7 kmpl ARAI figures) would be a better option? Or what about a Ritz 1.3 diesel (which claims 21 kmpl)?

My budget is about Rs 5 L and I am looking at a fuel efficient car. I was under the impression that the I10 Kappa 2 would be extremely fuel efficient, going by Hyundai's ARAI claims.

Advice on this dilemma would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Melvyn

Last edited by misquitas : 23rd November 2010 at 22:52.
Old 23rd November 2010, 23:11   #165
BHPian

By the way, mobike008, the list of freebies you got with your I10 is unbelievable. Are you sure the dealer isn't your father-in-law or some other relative??? Over here in Goa, nothing works. I even dropped in my visiting card (I'm a journalist with a leading paper here in Goa) and even met my college mate, who is a assistant sales manager at one Hyundai dealer. The list of freebies for the I10 is as thick as a papad! Aarrrrghhhhh!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks