Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2009, 09:40   #241
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvish View Post
congrats! It is really an awesome package. Finally the TDs are turning into bookings. Way to go!
thanks man - theres already one silver emotion two houses down from where we live... my one grouse is choice of colours. both my wife and i are very colour people (we've got a fern green palio for heaven's sake!!)

and though red/maroon would not be my 1st choice - there is nothing else here that fits the bill...
Old 28th January 2009, 11:46   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Top end model comes with only one remote keyfob & an ordinary key
Quote:
for back seat, there is only one AC vent. what will happen in case of two rear passengers?)
At least you get one remote key fob and one vent for rear passengers. The Fiesta, Verna, ANHC and SX4 give none of the above features.

Quote:
now - 6 weeks of wait.

For what? What reason did the dealer give you for such a long wait? Probably Fiat didn't order as many imported parts because they under-estimated the demand for this car?
Old 28th January 2009, 14:05   #243
BHPian

congratz bite the bullet!

i agree with regarding all the aspects you mentioned in the test drive.
i had a second test drive too to make sure about the engine noise and supposed absolut lack of power and i didnt feel any different from my first drive.the car is not a scorcher but definitely its a good cruiser.
Old 28th January 2009, 14:31   #244
Senior - BHPian

Any particular reason for such a long waiting period?
Old 28th January 2009, 15:58   #245
Senior - BHPian

As i heard,a lot of Active,Dynamic,Emotion linea were produced than Emotion Pack.
They thought ,demand is only for the rest.
But the scene is reversed now and a lot of booking are in Emotion Pack.
so FIL asked there dealers to increase the waiting period for Emotion Pack for 6-8 weeks instead of 3 weeks at the time of launch.
yesterday i visisted VST showroom in Chennai and the sales guy told me the same.
Old 28th January 2009, 22:57   #246
BHPian

[quote
the best thing about the whole exercise was that even my wife who couldn't care less as to whether the car has 3 wheels or 4...[/quote]

That is simply too much yaar!
Old 29th January 2009, 00:12   #247
BHPian

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post

For what? What reason did the dealer give you for such a long wait? Probably Fiat didn't order as many imported parts because they under-estimated the demand for this car?
hey amit... their claim was that this was out of stock and once it was booked, it would take 5-6 weeks for delivery. but, all that has now changed. in the space of a couple of hours and a whole lot of string pulling, i've managed to secure a red emotion pk that is on its way to delhi. it lands on the 1st/2nd and should be available for delivery post that.

so, fingers crossed, 1st week feb is when i part with my palio and welcome another fiat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantyrocks View Post

i agree with regarding all the aspects you mentioned in the test drive.
i had a second test drive too to make sure about the engine noise and supposed absolut lack of power and i didnt feel any different from my first drive.the car is not a scorcher but definitely its a good cruiser.

absolutely shanty... i almost didn't test drive the car and just plonk straight for the city... thank god i let my heart rule over my head AGAIN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post

Any particular reason for such a long waiting period?
thanks dude. waiting period answered above... as also mentioned, i've managed to circumnavigate the system this time as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
[quote
the best thing about the whole exercise was that even my wife who couldn't care less as to whether the car has 3 wheels or 4...
That is simply too much yaar![/quote]

yeah - strange are the ways of women eh???
Old 29th January 2009, 00:39   #248
Senior - BHPian

great news!!
all the best for a quick delivery ..
Old 29th January 2009, 01:15   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRash View Post
feature[/list]-Ves[list][*]I tried to open the bonnet and with a little force, the lever came with my hand. I was able to fix it myself but it showed the quality
[
Eh ! Bonnet not opening due to the heavy tank like build would have been acceptable but the lever itself coming out is shocking for a 9lac car.
Old 29th January 2009, 02:01   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bIte tHe bulLet View Post
hey guys,

i'm late to join the bandwagon but i'm here now nontheless!!!

l:
Nice Review Yo ... congrats

Emotion Pack Red for me as well ... i think there are going to be a lot of red Lineas around .... too common, you think ?
Old 29th January 2009, 07:16   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazherr View Post
Nice Review Yo ... congrats

Emotion Pack Red for me as well ... i think there are going to be a lot of red Lineas around .... too common, you think ?
congrats right back at you dude.

possible but i seem to think that indian mindsets will drive sales of the silver car and the black car... and even if there are too many reds, so be it!!!

'dem da deed is done dude'!!!

when's yours coming? i might also be travelling in the next three days, so that really sc***s up the delivery shebang...so i've actually got my fingers and toes and eyes crossed!
Old 29th January 2009, 12:03   #252
BHPian

Well, you can add one more booking to the list. My brother (in Chennai) has booked a Red Linea. Can't wait for my next trip to Chennai. One more Red Fiat/Tata in the family (mine is Red Adventure, Dad's is Red Indica).
Old 29th January 2009, 12:09   #253
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Thalavoy!
Your family seems to have a liking for Fiat and Red.

May the Linea tribe grow!
Old 29th January 2009, 12:32   #254
BHPian

Finney do you remember that bonnet handle coming out and into my hand when we went for that TD. Gosh, i had gone back there this week to leave my palio for service, and i met that guy again, he mentioned that they have a 5 week waiting period for the car and they have replaced the test drive car as it had already covered more than 20K kms in test drives and they believe that it will do a lot more.

this is good news and im praying that the punto is launched sooner than later. it would be great to see fiat going with this momentum as it really will generate a buzz in the market. this happened even with the palio, they made some decent billings on the car in the begning and then they just let the model fade. the interiors of the stile are the same after 8 years in the market, they really need to cut out that sort of lethargy.
Old 29th January 2009, 14:26   #255
Senior - BHPian

Umm,

I hated it. Sorry boss.

Interiors: 9/10. Nice, spacious, high quality. The dashboard had me dying under information overload, which is not necessarily a bad thing.
Ride/handling/Steering: Good precise sedan like handling, and a very direct steering with feedback unlike the VDi. Good but 8/10 - I missed the ability to throw it around.
Engine/Gear: 3/10. Completely useless. Its SLUGGISH. Zero feeling of the turbo kick - I floored it in every gear 1-3rd. Only in 3rd did it feel any good. And doesn't rev as cleanly as the VDi/Vista does. No fun in this car. The gearbox is a SLUSHbox - on the lines of the 1.9D much more than the Vista gear box. Fiat continues its hallmark tradition of hobbling its products. Significant shudder in the key while starting the car.
NVH: 8/10. Good otherwise except the horrible horn and the sound when revved. very silent at idle.
ICE: Decent. But as I ain't no audiophile, can't judge it well.
Spacious and comfortable all around, with lovely ride like any Fiat.

But sorry, that excuse of an engine is unacceptable, Fiat.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks