Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2009, 13:30   #136
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhim23 View Post
But first please answer a question for me , here are the performance figures for FL in ACI.
0-60 in 6.12
60 -80 (3rd gear) in 3.25
80-100 (4th gear) in 4.56
6.12+3.25+4.56=13.93
the why does ACI reports 15.04 for 0-100, am I missing something?
And what about time to shift the gear? If you add 0.5 second for a gear shift, it answers that.
Old 18th January 2009, 13:43   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't understand why everybody is so worked up on FL (Fiat Linea) being a poor performer, I did a quick math and came up with these statistics (All figures from ACI Dec issue).

But first please answer a question for me , here are the performance figures for FL in ACI.
0-60 in 6.12
60 -80 (3rd gear) in 3.25
80-100 (4th gear) in 4.56
6.12+3.25+4.56=13.93
the why does ACI reports 15.04 for 0-100, am I missing something?

And now the comparison, I will assume 0-100 for FL to be 13.93 till someone clarifies things.

Car | 0-100 | 20-80 in 3rd | 40-100 in 4th
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fiat Linea | 13.93 | 11.86 | 13.64
Optra Magnum | 10.90 | 12.80 | 14.90
Hyundai Verna | 12.07 | 12.52 | 16.75
Skoda Octavia | 13.49 | 12.90 | 25.30
Scorpio mHawk | 14.88 | 12.13 | 14.61

Now as you can see in the figures, in gear of FL is better than all and 0-100 close to the rest except for Optra. I have read a couple of comments in this forum like xylo will leave it dead in it's track or octavia is way faster, after reading these figures, do you really think so??
You seem to have missed '1' before 3.25, 4.56.
13.25 and 14.56 seem realistic. Also 0-100 figures are not arrived by adding these other figures.
Edit: Sorry I thought you are quoting 20-80 and 40-100 figures

Last edited by Guna : 18th January 2009 at 13:48.
Old 18th January 2009, 14:06   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
And what about time to shift the gear? If you add 0.5 second for a gear shift, it answers that.
I did think of that, but I tried doing that to other tests from ACI, it doesn't match for most other tests ACI takes almost .3-.4 secs for both gear change (try the ford ikon test in the same issue).
Also I wonder how ACI does this test, i and my brother tried with his palio MJD approx 11 secs from rest including gearchange and everything, off-course we just did it using a stop watch.
Old 18th January 2009, 14:37   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did think of that, but I tried doing that to other tests from ACI, it doesn't match for most other tests ACI takes almost .3-.4 secs for both gear change (try the ford ikon test in the same issue).
Also I wonder how ACI does this test, i and my brother tried with his palio MJD approx 11 secs from rest including gearchange and everything, off-course we just did it using a stop watch.
How did you take into account the speedo error?
Old 18th January 2009, 14:49   #140
BANNED

Will you guys who took a test drive please clarify whether you got a proper TD car or a TC / TEMP registration piece?

:-P
Old 18th January 2009, 14:58   #141
Senior - BHPian

The diesel Linea is relatively sluggish compared the others in the segment, however I felt it should be good enough for a large % of the potential market. Everything else is a fab. It's a real good deal given the price.
Would I buy one for me? Not with this engine.
Would I buy one for parents/wife/kid to be chauffeur driven. Yes. Unfortunately am not in the market for one.
OT: going by the Linea experience, the Punto should also turn out to be a lovely car at a great price.
Old 18th January 2009, 16:41   #142
BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Slang and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

Last edited by Technocrat : 19th January 2009 at 15:52. Reason: see note in post
Old 18th January 2009, 18:15   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem View Post
How did you take into account the speedo error?
Didn't, but that wouldn't increase the timing by much would it? Maybe by just a sec.
Old 18th January 2009, 18:45   #144
BANNED

@abhim23 - you would also want to read the "Dynolicious" thread.
Old 18th January 2009, 21:40   #145
Senior - BHPian

Amazing looks, cutting edge design. Loaded with features.

Everything is fine with Linea. But there are few -ve aspects I noticed:

1. Rear seat not comfy, the way they are positioned something is not right. ANHC is better in this department.

2. Driver Seat moving (up/back/front) Lever looks very cheap and strange in design.

3. Quality in ANHC is better than Linea but Linea is better than other cars.

My rating: ANHC -> Linea -> Fiesta -> SX4 -> Verna.

Ravi.
Old 18th January 2009, 23:04   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You are doing mix n' match of 0-100 flat out figures and in-gear acceleration. In gear acceleration wouldn't account for gear shift timing ( in fact, there won't be any gear shift involved for in-gear acceleration).
Old 19th January 2009, 03:06   #147
Senior - BHPian

Td Linea today-
Well i had the opportunity of tding Linea today with 2 of my friends.
SAdly we got Dynamic model for TD as emotion was not available.

Looks - Car looks big, quiet big and lengthy, No complaints on the design front at all.

Engine- Silent for a diesel and noise insulation was excellent but highly disappointed by performance. In 1st and 2nd gear it seems car is begging us to do something and make it move,very sluggish, i mean that does not even happens in my Indigo Lx and i was surprised. In third gear around 2000 rpm it does moves a bit but no torque at all. I was missing the kick of a Swift Vdi or say even a Vista. In fact i will say Vista is much better in this thing. This car is not meant for anyone who loves to DRIVE. Its slow and steady kinds. Am not sure but will Pete's box help regarding this?

Brakes - No Abs/ebd in our TD car but still brakes were good not excellent.

Few points -
1.- The biggest thing i didn't liked was closing of doors. I was expecting a thud like thing and there was this loud 'jarrish' kinda sound. Not good at all.
2.- leg room in front is good but when i sat at back and asked my friend to stretch seat fully back that was not possible so rear leg room is less for tall people (am 6.1).
3.- headroom is just ok for me. not as bad as been reported by many people.
4.- In dynamic plastic quality is not at all good honestly.
5.- Sales guy told me a FE of 18-20 in city, well any idea about that?
6.- No stereo so could not test that. Same for blue & me and few other things.
7.- gear shifting is good.

For me atleast dynamic is disappointment. Not VFM at all.
Will try emotion next week to reassert again.
But guess ENGINE is the biggest killer for this car.
Old 19th January 2009, 07:25   #148
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Will you guys who took a test drive please clarify whether you got a proper TD car or a TC / TEMP registration piece?

:-P
I got a designated test drive car. But I couldnot test drive long enough. There were about 10 people before me and about 10 later when I got my turn.
Old 19th January 2009, 10:02   #149
BHPian

Linea v/s Xylo TD Report

Well, I was waiting for Linea for almost a year now and Xylo also came with promising features. So I took TD of both. Here is my view:

Fiat Linea -
  • Overall a superb package
  • Good control and pleasant driving experience
  • A lot is discussed about the power train as inferior. But for our traffic (I live in Ahmedabad) conditions, this is a perfect match
  • Maneuverability and managing cornering is also fine
  • I took TD of Multijet Emotion Pack and liked the safety feature of Blue&Me not to allow pairing of a phone while driving. One has to pair a phone before start driving the car. All other features of Blue&Me are simply superb. They have provided 9 languages but for us its useless as only English is commonly used over here.
  • A music enthusiast would like to have extra rear speakers
Xylo -

• Not so bad exteriors. Looks like Maruti Versa from Front
  • Very cheap plastic quality inside in all variants
  • Gear shifting and handling not refined properly. You feel a typical humming sound from gear shaft in 1st and 2nd gear and gear shaft is positioned in awkward position
  • Armrest for a driver is a biggest obstacle in managing gears
  • Roof AC vents are well placed but again quality is not good. In fact it feels very delicate
  • Rear seat is not splittable, so practically you end up with four seats only if you wish to go for a long drive with luggage
  • Drive Assist etc. is comparable to Blue&Me
  • Overall not so VFM package
My Verdict -
Definitely Fiat Linea is my choice and I believe its as a 'Killer of all other Sedans' not the Xylo one!
Dr. Amit P. Shah
Well, already deposited Rs.1 Lac towards booking amount for Linea.
Old 19th January 2009, 12:19   #150
BANNED

Linea is 150Kg more then Fiesta in weight. Also, power is more in Linea. I really doubt whether Linea can hit the claimed FE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
5.- Sales guy told me a FE of 18-20 in city, well any idea about that?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks