Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2009, 13:38   #586
BANNED

Quote:
I never use the rear defogger button or ORVM as the ORVM remains chilled whatever you do
Got to know from Fiat that ORVMs are not heated & does not have defogger facility

THough in manual its mentioned (only once in small letters) that Max defogger button will demist/ heat front & rear windscreens, front windows & ORVMs. But all other palces in manual where defogger is explained, nowhere its mentioned that it demists ORVM also.
Old 14th September 2009, 13:53   #587
Senior - BHPian

I really liked that heated orvm feature. now disapponted to see that our car does not have this feature
Old 14th September 2009, 20:39   #588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
I have written a mail to Fiat customer service about this including names of concerned people and waiting for their reply.
Just an update. The mail worked. I got a call from someone at Concorde apologizing and ready to give TD in a car meant for PDI . He said that TD car had met with an accident and was undergoing repairs. I declined the TD in a car ready for PDI as vehicle belongs to somebody now. TD car is getting ready on 16th and that is when TD has been planned. In this whole episode, I liked the alacrity with which Fiat has responded in pulling up a "I care two hoots" dealer. Am sure the earlier ghosts of bad A.S.S are being put to rest finally.
Old 14th September 2009, 22:52   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Just an update. The mail worked. I got a call from someone at Concorde apologizing and ready to give TD in a car meant
Well, good that the mail worked. They are responding to such TD failed mails and are really scolding the dealers who are not giving TD to people. They are not only caring for customers but also for prospective customers.

Quote:
I declined the TD in a car ready for PDI as vehicle belongs to somebody now. TD car is getting ready on 16th and that is when TD has been planned

I applaud you for this action you took. As a responsible team bhpian you declined TD in a customer's car. Hope the dealer doesnt follow this common practice and only said it because you had mailed fiat.

So you get a TD on wed, right? Do scold the salesman and tell him as a simple ethic they shouldnt offer customer's car for TD, tomorrow they may offer your car for TD too.
Old 15th September 2009, 00:30   #590
BANNED

Few items in Manual

Read the manual during weekends. This is 3rd or 4th time I read it. Few specific items I remembered are mentioned below:
  • Someone mentioned here that updating B&M causes lapse in warranty. It does not seem so. Fiat itself, in manual, advises the users to update B&M from its website fiat.com & says update can not be done at dealership. How can it lapse the warranty?
  • Manual says that if you're not going to use the car for more than a month, while parking DO NOT PULL UP THE HANDBRAKE but instead engage 1st or Reverse Gear ! Now, could this be answer to problem faced by some Linea/ Punto owners of jammed (hand)brakes?
  • All Electrical items affects FE negatively - Headlights, Cabin lights, Wipers, Fog lights, HVAC, defogger etc.
I've 1 question reg B&M which I asked earlier as well. Manual says that if a contact in phonebook has more than 1 tel no. stored as office/ mobile/ home/ general etc, Lina will ask if you want to call the contact "at office/ home/ mobile". My Lina never asks though my phone Nokia 6265 has this facility. Also manual says that when you check that contact in B&M phonebook thro steering mounted up/down arrows, that contact will show those 3-4 numbers one by one when you navigate thro' up/down arrow. I can not do that in my car.
Are all of you able to do it provided your phone has that facility of storing multiple numbers for 1 contact?

Do we all have MID or Reconfigurable Display (bigger version of MID)?
Old 15th September 2009, 09:24   #591
Senior - BHPian

In my last visit to VST,I saw mail from FIAT regarding Blue&Me update.
Works Manager got this mail with updated version 5.4.
He asked me about how it's works and all.
I told him that i am yet to update the new software.
May be he will forward me the mail.
Let's see.
Old 15th September 2009, 16:16   #592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Read the manual during weekends. This is 3rd or 4th time I read it. Few specific items I remembered are mentioned below:
  • All Electrical items affects FE negatively - Headlights, Cabin lights, Wipers, Fog lights, HVAC, defogger etc.
Do we all have MID or Reconfigurable Display (bigger version of MID)?
So this means if any of this is on the FE will go down- correct?
Any specific reason for that?
Also in that way if the music system is on that should also affect the FE?
Old 15th September 2009, 19:01   #593
BANNED

Firstguri,

Here are the pics of Seat Height Levers in Old Assembly & New assempbly for comparison:

OLD ASSEMBLY

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902006.jpg

NEW ASSEMBLY

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090905000.jpg

Also, I got the Glove Box tightened/ fixed last sat. Below are 2 pics of the same - Before fixing & after fixing. See the gap on right hand side:

With Gap - Before fixing

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090902000.jpg

After Fixing

Fiat Linea 1.4 FIRE Emotion Pack (Petrol) - My Dates with the RED Beauty !!!-20090905012.jpg
Old 16th September 2009, 12:21   #594
Senior - BHPian

Vahan,
I don't find any difference in the seat Height Assembly.
Both are in the same level and inclination/angle.
How can it avoid touching thighs while ingress & egress?
Did i miss anything?
Old 16th September 2009, 16:16   #595
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All Electrical items affects FE negatively - Headlights, Cabin lights, Wipers, Fog lights, HVAC, defogger etc
yrue indeed. when i went on recent trip to bangalore, my linea gave me 18kmpl first and as soon as it got dark when i switched on the head lights now matter how much it try to maintain the same speed it gave me only 17.6kmpl. you can see those pics in my thread.
Old 16th September 2009, 18:50   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
yrue indeed. when i went on recent trip to bangalore, my linea gave me 18kmpl first and as soon as it got dark when i switched on the head lights now matter how much it try to maintain the same speed it gave me only 17.6kmpl. you can see those pics in my thread.
And what is the reason behind that negative impact ?
Old 16th September 2009, 18:54   #597
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Vahan,
I don't find any difference in the seat Height Assembly.
Both are in the same level and inclination/angle.
How can it avoid touching thighs while ingress & egress?
Did i miss anything?
Karthik

Yes, not much visible difference.
However, try to closely compare both pics by scrolling quickly with mouse button. You'll see small difference of say 5 degree, may be. Also see the new assembly pic is taken slightly from below the level compared to old assembly pic.

However, whatever it is. It seems thigh is not pressing the new assembly lever. I checked it 4-5 times in slow motion for ingress/ egress. I've not used the car much thereafter. Shall have to see if it holds the position over a period of time.
Old 16th September 2009, 19:00   #598
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeash View Post
I keep max load in the evening while coming back home. Headlights in high beams i.e. main beams + Front & Rear Fog Lamp + AC always ON + Music player ON. So, 50% of my total car run is like this. In this state the FE I get is around 8 kmph whereas in the morning on the same route I get 10-11 kmph (though in evening, traffic is slightly higher than morning. but the FE difference is huge).
Old 16th September 2009, 20:00   #599
BANNED

Did anyone notice fogging of rear defoggers from inside?

I notice some moisture inside rear left side fog lamp.
Old 16th September 2009, 20:34   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VahanPujari View Post
Karthik

Yes, not much visible difference.
However, try to closely compare both pics by scrolling quickly with mouse button. You'll see small difference of say 5 degree, may be. Also see the new assembly pic is taken slightly from below the level compared to old assembly pic.

However, whatever it is. It seems thigh is not pressing the new assembly lever. I checked it 4-5 times in slow motion for ingress/ egress. I've not used the car much thereafter. Shall have to see if it holds the position over a period of time.
Yep this is the result we are expected.
But now i am well trained to ingress/ egress without touching the lever

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks