Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2009, 10:35   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Great choice of rims for your car. They look perfect on the white car. Your mileage should improve after your first service. It is always good to drive an AT with a light foot too. 6 kpl is too less.But dont worry, it will go up for sure. With sedate driving I dont see why you wont get 10 kpl. My OHC AT gives me that.
Thanks, i liked them too. Hopefully it will increase in due course.

Man this car is getting me really addictive to automatics, so much so that the folks at home have not got the chance to drive it as yet. I am being mean to them but its so effortless driving this beauty. Posting some more pics i clicked last night and this morning...

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00896.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00897.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00898.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00899.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00900.jpg

My New Hyundai i10 Automatic-dsc00901.jpg

The dealer fitted Nippon Remote Locking with engine immobilizer as the FOC bouquet. For me stage 1 is complete(Tyre Upgrade & Alloys).

Stage 2: 3M/LLumar Sun Film (The messy part)
Stage 3: ICE Setup
Stage 4: Seat Covers (Stanley/G-Sport lets see)

Reverse parking sensors i am not putting as the slot in my building is such that i will not need it. More later.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 24th April 2009 at 10:43.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:44   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Thats a wonderful set of rims you got for your i10. They are suiting the white car so much.

I reckon when i go for rims for my white i10 they would definetly be in black and silver finish
Old 24th April 2009, 11:40   #63
BANNED

nice car. i have an asta auto as well. where in bombay are you from ? what is the tyre pressure you are keeping as i have the same profile too...
Old 24th April 2009, 12:00   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Thats a wonderful set of rims you got for your i10. They are suiting the white car so much.

I reckon when i go for rims for my white i10 they would definetly be in black and silver finish
Yup, thanks. Don't go for the white as they go out of vogue in six months & are difficult to maintain. Go for the one's that require the least amount of maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
nice car. i have an asta auto as well. where in bombay are you from ? what is the tyre pressure you are keeping as i have the same profile too...
cool. i stay in bandra off carter road. i have been advised by the tyre guy to maintain 30 psi for the 175/70 R13.

Last edited by anilkalvani : 24th April 2009 at 12:06.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:14   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilkalvani View Post
cool. i stay in bandra off carter road. i have been advised by the tyre guy to maintain 30 psi for the 175/70 R13.
Oh. I'll be seeing your ride around, then
Old 24th April 2009, 12:16   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i have been advised by the tyre guy to maintain 30 psi for the 175/70 R13.
My guy recommended 28psi for 185/60/14.

Company recommends 32-33 i think for the stock tyres. Can someone clarify the optimum pressure?
Old 24th April 2009, 12:22   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
My guy recommended 28psi for 185/60/14.

Company recommends 32-33 i think for the stock tyres. Can someone clarify the optimum pressure?

For the stock tyres isnt it mentioned in the manual ? (I dont know, just asking)
Old 24th April 2009, 12:26   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
For the stock tyres isnt it mentioned in the manual ? (I dont know, just asking)
It is 32 or 33 or 34 according to the sticker (need to check - but definitely on the higher side). However, on upgrade the tyre guy has said to make the pressure lower than recommended stock. Thus my query.
Old 24th April 2009, 12:42   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Oh. I'll be seeing your ride around, then
cool, whats your ride & where do you stay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Stock tyres it may be mentioned, have not checked. In my Logan, it is mentioned on the driver's side front door frame, psi's for all types of specs. Well since most people have upgraded, different specs for different brands. The UK i10 tyres are 175/65 R14 as per their website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tejas@perioimpl View Post
It is 32 or 33 or 34 according to the sticker (need to check - but definitely on the higher side). However, on upgrade the tyre guy has said to make the pressure lower than recommended stock. Thus my query.
Well i don't recommend higher side even in the stocks as then the car bounces too much. I asked another tyre wala Anand Tyres at Milan who also recommended 30psi for my tyre specs. Tejas why don't you ask our inhouse tyre guru's iraghava or kpzen!
Old 24th April 2009, 13:12   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone clarify the optimum pressure?
@ tejas:

to each his own.

Some recommend to reduce pressure by couple of psi after upsize whereas some prefer to stay within manufacturer specification. Another view is that tyre needs to support vehicle weight hence tyre pressure should not be too low/high than manufacturer specifications.

for i10, would prefer tyre pressure as 30/31 for one/two passenger load and 32/33 in case of full load.

Read these thread if someone wants to know more.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...pressures.html (Correct Tyre Pressures)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...r-upgrade.html (Right air pressure after an upgrade)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...-inch-psi.html (Filling the right 'Pound per square inch (PSI)')

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...er-upsize.html (Correct Tyre pressure after upsize)
Old 24th April 2009, 16:43   #71
BHPian

@Tejas
Where did you get the sun film work done? You have any idea of good sun film fixers between bandra & andheri. How much did you pay for the sides & front for your 3M's.

Guys please help me out in this:
1. Any idea how much Stanley would cost (only seats)
2. Also how much would G-Sport Original cost (good fitters suggestions required please)
3. If you have any idea of good sun film fixers in the burbs. How do 3M and Garware compare?

Thanks.
Old 24th April 2009, 18:37   #72
BHPian

congrats on your new car. hope now you are happy after all those frustrating experience with the dealer.
Old 24th April 2009, 20:43   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekanand005 View Post
congrats on your new car. hope now you are happy after all those frustrating experience with the dealer.
Thanks. Yup very happy with the car after all I went through.
Old 24th April 2009, 23:23   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Okay now to continue with my story…

I went to the showroom on 18th April i.e. Saturday without calling at 6pm exactly. The car had not come as yet. At 6.40pm to be precise I see the car coming from a distance, the heart saying…. Finally!!!
Nice car.. and a brilliant idea when you think of the effortless driving in congested cities. I'm talking my dad into getting the ANHC auto box just because of the convenience and ease of drivability in our cities. He get nervous when down shifting while overtaking and misses out the right gear some times. I loved my share of auto box in the states and made my Honda feel cumbersome when I got back.

Good choice mate...

P.S I liked the choice of color...Black tinting would make it look better.
Old 25th April 2009, 08:41   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack7 View Post
Nice car.. and a brilliant idea when you think of the effortless driving in congested cities. I'm talking my dad into getting the ANHC auto box just because of the convenience and ease of drivability in our cities. He get nervous when down shifting while overtaking and misses out the right gear some times. I loved my share of auto box in the states and made my Honda feel cumbersome when I got back.

Good choice mate...

P.S I liked the choice of color...Black tinting would make it look better.
Automatic transmission sure is very addictive. Have decided that all future cars owned by me petrol or diesel will be Automatics only. Black tinting is not allowed here in Bombay and its better to stick with the lighter shades for the moment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks