Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2009, 10:05   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
The Splash in Europe and Ritz here, have the same rear-sides. Same is the case for European Alto and Indian A-Star, and Swifts. Maruti has not done any modification to that.

And, what about the rear end of its main competitor and not-at-all VFM i10? That too is really ugly, I think.
Romeo, just an observation, in your opinion, all the cars except Maruti are bad lookers, have bad engines blah blah... and also you have got a fair bit of in depth knowledge especially about the Maruti cars only...
Is this mere concidence..?

Did I hear the rear of the i10 is ugly????
Even if it is...I respect your opinion here, then should Maruti start spoiling the rear ends of all their new models...?

The rear of the Ritz is ugly and thats it.. you cannot justify by giving misjudged and personal opinions about other models..

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th May 2009 at 12:00. Reason: See note in post
Old 14th May 2009, 13:03   #182
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accelerator View Post
Romeo, just an observation, in your opinion, all the cars except Maruti are bad lookers, have bad engines blah blah... and also you have got a fair bit of in depth knowledge especially about the Maruti cars only...
Is this mere concidence..?

I was replying to Lightning's following comment:

"Perhaps to keep Mileage "Higher" Maruti chaps have decimated rear portions of Ritz, A-star & also Swift(to some extent)".

Let me clarify: what I said is, Maruti, for FE or some other purpose, has not modified these models' rears. They are original Suzuki designs. If this is ugly, the original design is also ugly. Nothing more.

And where I mentioned that "all the cars except Maruti are bad lookers, have bad engines"? Are you dreaming?

Quote:
Did I hear the rear of the i10 is ugly????
Even if it is...I respect your opinion here, then should Maruti start spoiling the rear ends of all their new models...? The rear of the Ritz is ugly and thats it.. you cannot justify by giving misjudged and personal opinions about other models..
For you, Ritz's rear may be ugly and i10's is a beauty. So what? Should everyone agree to that? Otherwise how can you say like: "The rear of the Ritz is ugly and thats it.. "?

Last edited by romeomidhun : 14th May 2009 at 13:04.
Old 14th May 2009, 14:39   #183
BHPian

Quote:

"Perhaps to keep Mileage "Higher" Maruti chaps have decimated rear portions of Ritz, A-star & also Swift(to some extent)".

Let me clarify: what I said is, Maruti, for FE or some other purpose, has not modified these models' rears. They are original Suzuki designs. If this is ugly, the original design is also ugly. Nothing more.

And where I mentioned that "all the cars except Maruti are bad lookers, have bad engines"? Are you dreaming?

For you, Ritz's rear may be ugly and i10's is a beauty. So what? Should everyone agree to that? Otherwise how can you say like: "The rear of the Ritz is ugly and thats it.. "?
Buddy, its not at all a difficult observation for anyone in the forum that some people tend to applaud one particular company cars without any profound reason. What i said earlier was just that and was not limited to this thread.

None in the forum has commented apart from you that i10 has a bad rear look and is not a VFM car. Can you please elaborate?

I have been driving an i10 Era for almost an year now and am very sure about the VFM that my car has. It gives me a decent mileage in the city, has had absolutely no problems and had a low initial cost. Its interiors are the best in the class even now, be it the city ride, road manners, style its has got everything going for it.
And the fact that it won all the prestigious COTY awards for 2008 goes a long way. Do you think this can happen without taking the VFM into account?

And, VFM doesnt only mean currency, it means satisfaction and encapsulates a lot more emotional factors as well. For a highly satisfied owner like me, your words are surely not going to be easy on the ears.

And about Ritz, let Maruti decide the price first, which is gonna be extremely difficult and then get into the discussions of VFM here.
As of now, it is just a new model for me which:
Has good engine
Has got good space
Has Maruti dealer footprint

Apart from that the rear is the worst of any cars that I have come accross lately. The RPM meter is definitely an oddball here and the interiors are dated and lack class completely. The rear wheels on the lower versions of the car will look very skinny, and the ride is very bumpy as well (as per GTO). Also, the rear visibility is seemingly very low.

Rest everything, the price will decide.
Also, while making such profound statements about any brand, please try to be more elaborate.
Old 14th May 2009, 15:29   #184
BHPian

Guys,

I got this interesting link that compares Ritz, Swift, I20, Fabia, Vista

only Ritz's specs on power is misrepresented. It should read 85 ps @ 6000 RPM

http://images.zigwheels.com/alfresco...comparison.jpg
Old 14th May 2009, 15:35   #185
BHPian

...regarding Awkward rear portion

Hi Romeomidhun

1.Being in India & writing for Indians mostly , me stating "Maruti chaps" will obviously imply to Maruti & Suzuki Designers/Engineers , which are Business partners in ALL RESPECT

2. I did not mentioned i-10 anywhere while stating the Poor design/Shape of rear Portions of Ritz/ A-star.
Well i-10 wud not look Awkward/ Ugly to any one from any angle

3. MSIL is a very grown-up and mature organisation & has much more insight abt CAR MARKET than what a common Man would have
Yesterday I read abt Maruti exporting 1000s of A-Star from Mundra Port to Nissan for selling in European market under different name. They also have Confirmed plans of exporting Ritz to Europe in large numbers.
IN NUTSHELL ,,MARUTI is not only Considering or Concentrating on Indian customers but also Foreign customers and designing products accordingly
Ofcourse some aspects of MSIL like placing too many Models in similar segments, not diversifying to 3-wheeler,LCV,aesthetic issues remain unexplained to me personally

Quote:

Old 14th May 2009, 15:44   #186
BHPian

Is it only me who gets this image of a man with protruding forehead when looking at the car's rear or do I have company?

Thiyags
Old 14th May 2009, 17:02   #187

Quote:
As of now, it is just a new model for me which:
Has good engine
Has got good space
Has Maruti dealer footprint

Apart from that the rear is the worst of any cars that I have come accross lately. The RPM meter is definitely an oddball here and the interiors are dated and lack class completely. The rear wheels on the lower versions of the car will look very skinny, and the ride is very bumpy as well (as per GTO). Also, the rear visibility is seemingly very low.

Rest everything, the price will decide.

+1 to that, the pricing is the key, Maruti will have a tough time pushing Ritz within their bouquet.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:14   #188
manukale

Is Maruti dropping Swift, A-Star & SX4??

I strongly feel Maruti is going to drop Swift (being problematic) but having waiting-list, A-Star (flop model) & SX4 (White elephant). This way they will be able to shift the public demand from Swift to Ritz. Still those who are in love of Swift can opt for the Desire. Swift is having "turtling" (turns up side down - in high speeds) problem & many other problems related to comfort. A-Star is utter flop.

So they can get rid from bad name due to Swift & A-Star. Had it not been the case, how come 2 cars are being launched within 3 months?!!! (A-Star launched hardly 3 months back & now Ritz!!).

Further, Desire - having the boot space, can fetch demand from SX4 lovers. Any which ways Sx4 is not selling due to high price tag. Thus Desire can get them good amounts - demand shifted from Swift & SX4.

What do you think?

Old 14th May 2009, 17:43   #189
Senior - BHPian

Saw Ritz today at Allianz, SJE.

It look good, even the back is better than it looks in pictures, but not as good as Swift IMO.

From back, it looks like a fat "A". thin from top and wider as it goes down.
Old 14th May 2009, 17:56   #190
BANNED

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 14th May 2009 at 18:15.
romeomidhun is offline   Received Infraction
Old 14th May 2009, 18:29   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manukale View Post
I strongly feel Maruti is going to drop Swift (being problematic) but having waiting-list, A-Star (flop model) & SX4 (White elephant). This way they will be able to shift the public demand from Swift to Ritz. Still those who are in love of Swift can opt for the Desire. Swift is having "turtling" (turns up side down - in high speeds) problem & many other problems related to comfort. A-Star is utter flop.

So they can get rid from bad name due to Swift & A-Star. Had it not been the case, how come 2 cars are being launched within 3 months?!!! (A-Star launched hardly 3 months back & now Ritz!!).

Further, Desire - having the boot space, can fetch demand from SX4 lovers. Any which ways Sx4 is not selling due to high price tag. Thus Desire can get them good amounts - demand shifted from Swift & SX4.

What do you think?
This is news to me. Can you substantiate what you said??
Old 14th May 2009, 19:03   #192
SLK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I strongly feel Maruti is going to drop Swift ..... , A-Star... .& SX4....

What do you think?
I don't see that happening! Neither do I think its the right thing to do.

In-fact Maruti might need another model (upgraded swift maybe) to take on the i20 when it gets useful engines.

If the pricing is right, every Maruti model is distinct in its own way and its not redundant!

Look at it this way. In the west you have so many options in each segment that you can't even test drive them all, and since there are not those many players in the indian market but one bigest player gives you a full range of options [across generations ] I don't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited by SLK : 14th May 2009 at 19:04.
Old 15th May 2009, 01:40   #193
BHPian

Quote:
What makes you conclude that the A-star is flop and the Swift turns turtle at high speeds?

Quote:
Suzuki sells more cars in India than Japan. In fact Suzuki made profit this quarter due to strong sales in India and they are being very competitive by launching 2 cars in 3 months.
Old 15th May 2009, 09:34   #194
BHPian

Quote:

What do you think?

I believe that info in absolutely wrong.
Facts:
Waiting period in Delhi
1. SX4 - around 15-20 days
2. Dzire - around 1 - 1.5 months
3. Swift - around 1 month

Maruti is exporting record nos. of A-Star to Europe. it was always intended to be a export spec model as India is the only manufacturing base. even Nissan up-ed their order.

Ritz will add to the portfolio and probably ease the production lines of other models - yes

is it a replacement - i dont think so - if it was so - Maruti strategy would be way off !!

btw: lil' M800 has a wait of 5-10 days in some parts of NCR...

recession -????

cheers....
Old 15th May 2009, 09:43   #195
BHPian

For me Swift is a smokin' latin lady with the infamous rear we all love to drool over, Ritz/i10 are more of the australian kind with the nose job

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks