Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2014, 23:51   #1096
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ritz : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
Can someone tell me what is the normal cost of service at 60,000 Kms for a Ritz diesel?
MASS is pushing for some sort of AMC to my dad mentioning 'huge' amounts for 60,000 service (Car has done 55,000km done till date).
Routine service should be around 6k. A bit more or less depending on whether any parts need replacement. If your brake pads need to be replaced add about 2.5k to the above.

The MASS is BS'ing, plain and simple. Don't buy any AMC or dealer warranty other than the Maruti extended warranty.
chncar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 00:39   #1097
BANNED

Quote:
Can someone tell me what is the normal cost of service at 60,000 Kms for a Ritz diesel?
MASS is pushing for some sort of AMC to my dad mentioning 'huge' amounts for 60,000 service (Car has done 55,000km done till date).
MASS @ Chennai is taking you for a ride for sure.

There is no 'huge' amounts expected unless there is a fault in the car else a 60K service should be between 5-7K.

Please don't go for any AMC, just do the routine service as shown in the manual and complete it.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 11:14   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
The fog lamp bulbs are H8 ? How did you find a higher output same wattage? I searched for it, but could NOT find it.
I changed the stock fog lamp bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus. Bought it from a distributor in Wilson Garden, Bangalore.

Would suggest the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs over this though since they last longer than Osram's.
n_aditya is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 13:02   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
I changed the stock fog lamp bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus. Bought it from a distributor in Wilson Garden, Bangalore...
Fogs are H8 or H11?? How much did those cost? I had a replacement from Mico and one bulb cost me Rs. 450/- if IIRC. Bl**dy thing was NOT even as good as the stock, even though I got it replaced from MA$$.

Quote:
...Would suggest the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs over this though since they last longer than Osram's.
Cool. My NBs conked off (high beam) after a good use of 1 year. Next time I shall try Philips.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 17th January 2014 at 13:03.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 13:14   #1100
BANNED

Quote:
Cool. My NBs conked off (high beam) after a good use of 1 year. Next time I shall try Philips.
Osram NB are not that long lasting AFAIK.

When I had installed them in my Ritz they ran fine for 4 month after which the left headlamp low beam conked off.

Wasn't happy with that so reverted to OEM ones.

OT:

The Swift bulbs that I have are Osram ones. Planning to change to Phillips Xtreme vision at stock rating.

Anurag.
Old 17th January 2014, 13:51   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fogs are H8 or H11?? How much did those cost?
Fog lamp bulbs are H8 but Osram's were not available in H8. I put the H11 Osram's in the fog's and they fit perfectly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Osram NB are not that long lasting AFAIK. When I had installed them in my Ritz they ran fine for 4 month after which the left headlamp low beam conked off.
Same case with me. The high beam in the LHS headlight bulb (Osram) fused in exactly 4 months and I replaced it with Philips Xtreme Visions.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2014, 14:24   #1102
BHPian

Is this bulb change a do-it-yourself affair? Do we get satisfactory results if I go down that route? How difficult is the procedure (I don't have the manual with me right now )?
Old 15th February 2014, 23:13   #1103
BHPian

Today I took my Ritz diesel for a small check up as I hit a Pothole few days back. The car was lifted and no damage was found but the SA showed me a slightly wet sump(on the front side of the sump where nothing could have hit) saying it is due to the gasket. As the leak is very less he told me that it is not urgent and I can fix it after my long trip this week or even after a month. I left after that but now I am little worried about this. Can soneone please advice if this can be postponed?
Please note that there is no oil leaked on to my garage floor even if I park the car for couple of days

Last edited by pacman2881 : 15th February 2014 at 23:19.
Old 15th February 2014, 23:18   #1104
BANNED

Quote:
Please note that there is no oil leaked on to my garage floor even if I park the car for couple of days
I suggest you to replace the gasket for peace of mind. Since you are going on a long trip, this will help else carry the gasket as a spare with and replace if it fails. But if the gasket fails anywhere in the middle where there is no access to mechanics then your in trouble. Hence to avoid this, change the gasket.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 00:36   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I changed the stock fog lamp bulbs to Osram Nightbreaker Plus. Bought it from a distributor in Wilson Garden, Bangalore.

Would suggest the Philips Xtreme Vision bulbs over this though since they last longer than Osram's.
Thanks for the info. I checked with AK traders and they are quoting Rs 600 for a pair of H11 55W philips bulbs.

Did you observe any heating issues with the additional wattage of these bulbs?
How is the increase in light?
I suppose we should be able to change the bulb by ourselves. Yet to see how to take it out of the holder.
Old 18th March 2014, 09:00   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Thanks for the info. I checked with AK traders and they are quoting Rs 600 for a pair of H11 55W philips bulbs.

Did you observe any heating issues with the additional wattage of these bulbs? How is the increase in light?
I suppose we should be able to change the bulb by ourselves. Yet to see how to take it out of the holder.
The price sounds right. Just check in Chawla motors - same building ground floor. They sometimes give a discount since they have company offers running. You might save a hundred or two

No heating issues with these bulbs. Osram's appear brighter than the Philips since it is whiter but both bulbs are significantly brighter than stock. But that said, these fog's are best used as DRL's and are not that bright that you can drive around with just the fog's on and the headlights off.

To change the bulb you need to remove the plastic cladding behind the bumper in the wheel well area.
n_aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2014, 09:31   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Aditya for the info. Work for this weekend is fixed

Any one knows where to find the three digit Suzuki paint codes for Ritz? I got a good amount of scratches in my Ritz (gift from previous owner) and am thinking about getting a paint repair kit.
Old 21st March 2014, 12:24   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Thanks Aditya for the info. Work for this weekend is fixed

Any one knows where to find the three digit Suzuki paint codes for Ritz? I got a good amount of scratches in my Ritz (gift from previous owner) and am thinking about getting a paint repair kit.
Hey arjithin,
stupid question, is the paint repair kit a DIY stuff or you still need to take it to a paint shop?
My ritzy too have got some accumulation of scratches, was thinking of getting them off. Do let me know of any good brand for it. Thanks.
Old 21st March 2014, 19:02   #1109
BHPian

I have this fuel filter warning light on constantly. I have given it for servicing at Mandovi, as well as Girimaji. Mandovi thinks that the light is on because of an issue with the turbo. Girimaji said that they have dries the fuel filter from water. I am quite annoyed with the service being offered on my Ritz. When I accelerate I hear "Whoosh" sound. (well I am a layman when it comes to cars, forgive me), No one is able to fix that either. If anyone has any idea as to how to fix the two issues. I will be eternally grateful.
Old 21st March 2014, 19:51   #1110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by krivbel View Post
I have this fuel filter warning light on constantly. I have given it for servicing at Mandovi, as well as Girimaji. Mandovi thinks that the light is on because of an issue with the turbo. Girimaji said that they have dries the fuel filter from water. I am quite annoyed with the service being offered on my Ritz. When I accelerate I hear "Whoosh" sound. (well I am a layman when it comes to cars, forgive me), No one is able to fix that either. If anyone has any idea as to how to fix the two issues. I will be eternally grateful.
1) Is that light ON always? Even after the car is started?

Fuel filter warning light is that the fuel filter has accumulated water in it and is alerting you of getting that drained from the filter and a possible reason of water in your fuel tank too. Get that checked and once the water is drained the diagnostic tool must be plugged onto the ECU and the error must be erased I guess for that light to off.

2) Regarding the Whoosh that you pointed out, it could be the turbo plumbing leak. I guess the air is leaking and pressure could not be building in when the turbo spools. At what RPM does this whooosh happen and when does it subside?

Anurag.

Most Viewed