Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 13:10   #16
BANNED

Cool, but look at the horrendous Road Tax...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post

Road Tax: 1,88,705 (@16%, this is day light robbery for the road and quality of new roads we have here!) (EDIT: 16% tax and 10% cess on that!!! I am loving it! )

Total On road: 13,10,512

Boy, the Karnataka Road Tax is like paying for the moon....anyway, it is a good deal on the insurance and the discount + corporate offer that you ve managed to bargain....Looking forward to your call once the
"Truck Has Landed..."
Old 21st July 2009, 13:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
... If you intend to do lot of highway, do upsize. Stock tyres last 45-50k and hence if you want to upsize later you have to wait and wait.
WOW!
I paid just 51k!
Edit:
Funny; I am getting another Alto this week !
JK, you mean upsize as in 'go for a bigger tire' or upgrade, as in "get the Yoko's"?

I am not for "upsizing" from the stock rim size, since I do not want to do any cutting or anything. And then also, why to give TATA a chance to deny warranty, if at all the need arises.

Just 51k? Lucky you and the rest of India!

And talk about going the whole round: Santro - Safari - Alto!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
... Congrats Suresh, after pestering you a lot you came up with your thread - ha ha ha ha ha
I thought I will put it up after the vehicle lands; at this rate of how Concord is doing things I might not get even this pleasure for long. So thought I will put this up - at least be happy in one front!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbharat View Post
congrats, very good decision to opt for 4X4.
Thanks RK! Yes, 4x4 was a conscious decision, taking the things I plan / might / will do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
... it is a good deal on the insurance and the discount + corporate offer that you ve managed to bargain....Looking forward to your call once the
"Truck Has Landed..."
The corporate is the standard one based on their chart. No bargaining there. And yes, will let you know.
Old 21st July 2009, 13:35   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Atlast! Congrats !
Envy all who have 4x4
If you intend to do lot of highway, do upsize. Stock tyres last 45-50k and hence if you want to upsize later you have to wait and wait.

WOW!
I paid just 51k!
Just 51k, which state is it? Kerala?? Is it only that much there??
Old 21st July 2009, 14:11   #19
Senior - BHPian

Latest update:

As per the Concord my vehicle is not yet into production. This is after almost 16 days after booking.

The sales agent who did the initial rounds is not even bothering to pick my calls.

So people who are dealing with CONCORD MOTORS - BEWARE!!!
Old 21st July 2009, 14:18   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Latest update:

As per the Concord my vehicle is not yet into production. This is after almost 16 days after booking.

The sales agent who did the initial rounds is not even bothering to pick my calls.

So people who are dealing with CONCORD MOTORS - BEWARE!!!
This is bad, want to give him a piece of your mind? Lets go there together if you feel it is worth it on this weekend....
Old 21st July 2009, 14:32   #21
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations!

Congratulations Suresh!!

The wait might be excruciatingly long, but I am certain that it will be worth it. I'm going to stay tuned to this thread!

What are your plans for your Alto?

Best wishes,
Pritish
Old 21st July 2009, 14:41   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Congratulations Suresh!!

The wait might be excruciatingly long, but I am certain that it will be worth it. I'm going to stay tuned to this thread!

What are your plans for your Alto?

Best wishes,
Pritish
Gift for his better half or for himself
Old 21st July 2009, 14:47   #23
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gift for his better half or for himself
I think the Safari is his gift to himself

I'd say use Alto for Bangalore's insane traffic and Safari for highway trips!
Old 21st July 2009, 14:53   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
I think the Safari is his gift to himself

I'd say use Alto for Bangalore's insane traffic and Safari for highway trips!
Safari is the best way for Bangalore Traffic, take my words you will take less time on the Safari than your Alto or any of the Sedans.(min20mins)
Old 21st July 2009, 14:59   #25
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Safari is the best way for Bangalore Traffic
You know, when I come to think of it, I would actually agree with you. I was with an Australian colleague of mine who has been in Bangalore for the past 3 years and drives a Swift and we were stuck in a rather bad traffic signal and the guy sees a new black Safari and goes, "Now, I've got to get me one of those, with massive bullbars attached so I can plough through this traffic". I burst out laughing!

Oops, I hope we are not giving Suresh any ideas.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:08   #26
Senior - BHPian

Remembering my buying experience with Wasan motors in Mumbai, I recollect that they tried really hard to sell me a black and a white safari they had in stock. Somehow, my reasoning was that tilted towards 2 points. One that if its in stock they might have tried to sell it to many others which made me doubt its stock freshness. Secondly, the color I chose is not a very popular colour, so they will have to manufacture it.
With these 2 points in mind, I gave the dealer a time limit for the purchase after which I would not buy from him.
So once he confirmed with me the VIN number, etc from Pune and date of despatch and arrival in Mumbai, I put a booking amount on the table.

Happywheels, I am happy about 2 things in your purchase details.
one is, that the colour is not a running(popular) colour, so it will have to be made to order, secondly it is a 4x4, so again made to order. Maybe thats why its taking time. So you should end up with one original untouched piece, fresh from the paint baking oven.
But very glad that you put your money for a 4x4 buddy, its well worth every penny spent.
Congrats and goodluck.

Advice: I have observed that many Safari owners on this forum have had bad experiences with dealers. What makes it worse is that they keep going at it like no tomorrow and raise their own blood pressure in the bargain. I dont blame them either, since you dont expect such treatment after putting 1million rupees on the table.
But the people on the TML end are very thick skinned, especially in the North and South. It would do better to get a little laid back on your own, and save yourself a lot of High BP.
Trust me, They tried hard to give me high BP with all my ownership issues, however, patience and my own thick skin has paid off.
Note:develop thick skin.

Cheers,
J

Last edited by jaysmokesleaves : 21st July 2009 at 15:10.
Old 21st July 2009, 15:24   #27
BANNED

Quote:
Safari is the best way for Bangalore Traffic, take my words you will take less time on the Safari than your Alto or any of the Sedans.(min20mins)
I completely agree with you, its like being a part of the air force above the other ground vehicles during a war....
Old 21st July 2009, 15:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congtratulations(officially) HappyWheels, like everyone has said, patience is the key here, you can say you are getting a custom built Safari and therefore the wait.

I found this funny, Prerna helped you with the loan and you placed an Order with Concorde

You already have all the hands here for your PDI.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:15   #29
BHPian

Congrats on your booking, HappyWheels! Advance wishes for happy driving ahead!
Going by some comments posted by you in another thread, I was under an impression that you already owned a Safari, hehe.
Old 21st July 2009, 16:33   #30
Senior - BHPian

Hmm, so the wait is seemingly endless.
I'm sure the vehicle is worth the wait. Official Congrats on the choice.

Quote:
I found this funny, Prerna helped you with the loan and you placed an Order with Concorde
And this in turn helped someone else. LOL.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks