Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2009, 16:44   #31
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations for your purchase GX 4X4 with ABS is definitely good combo.

just an info not only painting is done in batch but batches are organized such that darker shade comes after the lighter ones so the production cycle starts at white or silver and ends with black and after that the line is cleaned before next cycle. So marketing department estimates the sale of various Colors and then production schedule is organized.

Factory paint process is different then normal paint shop at a garage.
Old 21st July 2009, 17:34   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
This is bad, want to give him a piece of your mind? Lets go there together if you feel it is worth it on this weekend....
Not yet Dev. My frustration level was high and wanted to do a lot of things. But then, I reckon I need to be a bit more patient. I just realized that I am dealing with TATA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Safari is the best way for Bangalore Traffic, take my words you will take less time on the Safari than your Alto or any of the Sedans.(min20mins)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
... "Now, I've got to get me one of those, with massive bullbars attached so I can plough through this traffic". I burst out laughing!

Oops, I hope we are not giving Suresh any ideas.
Hahahaa... You would have noticed from my first post that this is exactly the idea. Driving an Alto can teach you some humbleness. Now, I think, it is time that had my pound of flesh! (Portia be dammed!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmokesleaves View Post
... I gave the dealer a time limit for the purchase after which I would not buy from him.
So once he confirmed with me the VIN number, etc from Pune and date of despatch and arrival in Mumbai, I put a booking amount on the table.
But the people on the TML end are very thick skinned, especially in the North and South. It would do better to get a little laid back on your own, and save yourself a lot of High BP.
Trust me, They tried hard to give me high BP with all my ownership issues, however, patience and my own thick skin has paid off.
Note:develop thick skin...
J, you have hit the nail on the head, and that too very hard! So true! Yes, these people are a make apart! I did lose my cool two times, once with the sales rep and next time with his team lead, but both times I felt bad and apologised; not because what I did was something that I should not have, but it was not something that I am comfortable doing - totally unprofessional. So, I reasoned with them as to what a person giving them 13L business should be expecting.

Anyway, let us see where this leads to. I am sure I will get a vehicle - but when is anyones guess.

Unfortunately, I did not know that you can get the VIN number and all those details before placing the order. If so, I would have done that. I hope future buyers are more aware.

As of now, I am begining to mutate or evolve to live with a TATA; na, to live with TATA's work culture. The product by itself is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
...I found this funny, Prerna helped you with the loan and you placed an Order with Concorde

You already have all the hands here for your PDI.
Thanks Dadu! Yes, I have my army all set and ready. I reckon the PDI might end up being a mini-TBHP meet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
...And this in turn helped someone else. LOL.
That is the best part. If something good can be got out of all this, well and good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
...Going by some comments posted by you in another thread, I was under an impression that you already owned a Safari, hehe.
Thanks DK! And sorry about the false impression! I think I was doing it a bit too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Congratulations for your purchase GX 4X4 with ABS is definitely good combo.

just an info not only painting is done in batch but batches are organized such that darker shade comes after the lighter ones so the production cycle starts at white or silver and ends with black and after that the line is cleaned before next cycle...
Thanks for the info Amit! Reckon that it will take some more time.

So guys, nothing much to do jumping around. The dealer has communication issues with the plant and the ones affected are us, the customers. Since we cannot jump at the plant officials, not much use shouting at the dealer. Either you stick with him or move. I have decided to stick with Concord and let them sort it out. I do not see why they would deny giving me a vehicle, since I am sure I am yet to cultivate any enemies there, as of now. So, this is just the risk of doing business.

(Ah yes, the thick skin is doing wonders to me now! )
Old 21st July 2009, 17:36   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
JK, you mean upsize as in 'go for a bigger tire' or upgrade, as in "get the Yoko's"?

I am not for "upsizing" from the stock rim size, since I do not want to do any cutting or anything. And then also, why to give TATA a chance to deny warranty, if at all the need arises.

Just 51k? Lucky you and the rest of India!

And talk about going the whole round: Santro - Safari - Alto!

The corporate is the standard one based on their chart. No bargaining there. And yes, will let you know.
255's !

A white Alto and a black Alto now

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Just 51k, which state is it? Kerala?? Is it only that much there??
Kerala 6%

Quote:
Latest update:

As per the Concord my vehicle is not yet into production. This is after almost 16 days after booking.

The sales agent who did the initial rounds is not even bothering to pick my calls.

So people who are dealing with CONCORD MOTORS - BEWARE!!!
Drive down to Pune (?) and DIY
Old 21st July 2009, 17:50   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
... Drive down to Pune (?) and DIY
Don't give them idea, JK!!!

They will then start telling all buyer to come down and do the work themselves! TATA will definitely end up saving of employee cost.

Another point - we cannot crib about quality, since we have worked on it!
Old 21st July 2009, 20:30   #35
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hahahaa... You would have noticed from my first post that this is exactly the idea. Now, I think, it is time that had my pound of flesh! (Portia be dammed!!!)
Uh oh, what have I done? You shall have your pound of flesh but not a drop of blood!

Quote:
Thanks Dadu! Yes, I have my army all set and ready. I reckon the PDI might end up being a mini-TBHP meet!
This is a fabulous idea! Shall we start a list of all who are interested?

PS- Suresh, I got a delivery failure notice for the SMS I sent you Sunday. I was disappointed as METRO had only about 10% of the usual 3M stuff they normally stock. The things available were their polish and some microfibre cloth. The goodies like engine additives, flushes and other stuff was missing. The sales guy also had no clue as to when these would arrive.
Old 21st July 2009, 20:57   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hahaha... GPA, as I said, I will run down Portia also, if anything is mentioned about the blood part!

Not an issue with regard to Metro; I wanted to give you a call and come down to Metro so that I can pick the things at the entrance itself when you are leaving, but completely forgot since I had lot of house work to do!

And yes, maybe we can get a list worked out; but looks like people might lose interest since we might be planning for so far away in the future!
Old 21st July 2009, 21:49   #37
BHPian

Happywheels, Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the TATA world !!!. That road-tax is really day-light robbery, the main reason for me to get mine from kerala. Yes I also paid around 50K.

You reminded me my experiences with the RF motors, cochin for getting my safari. I also had to wait for a month even though it was 4x2. I had to place an order and got my vehicle newly manufactured from Pune.

PM me if you want contact number of the regional manager who might can help you to get your beast soon.

Currently I am in bangalore and do the services at Concorde motors@Hosur road. They are pretty OK for the services. Call me for any help regarding the services.
Old 21st July 2009, 22:14   #38
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And yes, maybe we can get a list worked out; but looks like people might lose interest since we might be planning for so far away in the future!
Not to worry Suresh, the trips to METRO happen quite often, so we will work something out on that. I'll check in next time to see if they have more 3M products and then give you an update.

As for the list, you can count me in as I am willing to wait and so are the other who are keen to sign up. Perhaps you can sort of confirm once you sort of get a tentative date.

Cheers,
Pritish
Old 21st July 2009, 22:31   #39
Senior - BHPian

@LionX: Thanks for the offer!

@GPA: Will do; and yes, let me get a date first!
Old 21st July 2009, 22:52   #40
Senior - BHPian

congrats Happywheels on this wonderful choice specially it being a 4x4 and hoping that you get the delivery fast.

But i must say last few posts have been very humorous and thoroughly entertaining specially the "Drive to Pune and DIY stuff"

And i am sure its nice way to kill time.

Meanwhile keep the T-BHP PDI checlist ready and practice too, LOL

you have to be on your toes if its TATA and take delivery during morning/afternoon.

cheers
Old 22nd July 2009, 10:21   #41
Senior - BHPian

^^ Since I have nothing else to post and do not want to turn this into a "cry on my shoulder" thread, these humorous one are the way to go. And yes, a nice way to kill time, of which I might be having a truck load (pun intended!!! )

And yes, the PDI checklist is already printed and ready; had done a practice when I went to do a PDI for a collegues i10 2 weeks back!

With what information I got about how much aware the sales agents are of the whole process, I reckon it might be as you have put it - a sudden call "Saar, vehicle ready, pick immediately!"
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Update:

ETA of vehicle is now at second week of August 2009.

Hopefully no more surprises. But then, I am sure to get, as mentioned by JSL, a freshly baked piece!

Another piece of information that I got was that 4x4 production was temporarily halted and hence TATA ran out of stock of them. Seems like they are doing some minor upgrades (duh!), which is the reason for this gap.

I am not sure how much true this info is, but if it is, might be a good thing. Hope they have fixed some issue and not brought any extra's.

Time will tell.

I reckon I can plan a Onam trip to Kerala with the tonner. Hopefully!
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:53   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Another piece of information that I got was that 4x4 production was temporarily halted and hence TATA ran out of stock of them. Seems like they are doing some minor upgrades (duh!), which is the reason for this gap.
Uh-oh, hope you ain't going to be the guinea pig on this one!!
Old 22nd July 2009, 11:54   #44
Senior - BHPian

Sigh... another one bites the dust ! Congratulations!

A good decision to go for a rare colour and a 4X4. but what is the price difference between the GX 4X4 and the VX 4X4? Some of the goodies in the VX might not be important, but the airbags are!
Old 22nd July 2009, 12:04   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Uh-oh, hope you ain't going to be the guinea pig on this one!!
Even though I wanted to write the same statement, refrained. Now that you mentioned it, I hope not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Sigh... another one bites the dust ! Congratulations!

A good decision to go for a rare colour and a 4X4. but what is the price difference between the GX 4X4 and the VX 4X4? Some of the goodies in the VX might not be important, but the airbags are!
Yup! One more dust biter!

The difference between the two is, in GX:
- no airbag
- no dvd player
- no reverse camera
- no panel on the front seat head rests

All the rest are same.

I valued the ABS and not much for the airbag. With the crumble zone and the structure, I reckon that airbags can be over-looked. Since I travel always with seat-belts on (thanks to the fines in Dubai, which made this a habit) I think I might be protected to an extent in case of a head-on. Hopefully, I never get to revisit this decision.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks