Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2009, 11:12   #76
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
And that my friend, is how the Mineral Red with dual tone, was booked. Which is also the reason, it seems, why the delay took place due to slow moving color.
Suresh,

This was really hilarious. Loved the way you went back and forth and finally settled on the color. And a fabulous one at that!

And believe you me, you will be in trouble!

Cheers,
Pritish
Old 25th July 2009, 12:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I reckon the right weight (aka, size of the light) is playing the crucial role in not giving you any slackness.

I am contemplating between having a nudge guard or not. The various posts, especially the one by Dadu, is making me thing twice. But, since the nudge guard is part of my discounted freebie in my buy, I am not sure if will want to let it go.

Thinking hard!!!

Color selection! That was the most difficult part in the whole process of this buying experience!

I believe we (myself, wify & kid) have spend close to two weeks looking at the broucher colors, and when that did not help, going thru each and every Safari ownership thread to look at the colors available for the decision.

Part 1:
Wife did not like Cycus grey, no idea why.

I wanted Black - the all time fav!

Daughter wanted Red, that too full Red!!! (OMG)

So, finally, after lot of discussion and debate, we decided for a neutral color - White (Pearl White).

Me happy (since white looks majestic for a Safari, that too with dark tints. Add the dirt that it would smear itself from OTR's, it would be a sight to behold!)

Wify - Ok Ok. She felt it was a "taxi" color. But then, ok.

Child - She cried when we mentioned white. She wanted Red. So, we brain-washed her saying few bad things about Red (!!!) and got her to agree to Pearl White.

Part 2:
5 days later wify still not happy and tells me, that if Black is what I like we can go for that! (She knows that I am a sucker for Black color). I was glad!

But then I asked her what happened to her earlier counter arguments for black saying that currently I spend 1 hour cleaning a small Alto, and if I have a black Safari, I might spend a day, to which she said she was ok with it. She just did not want the White!

Uuuhh... Okie!

Child - she cried when we told her black! She wanted the white!!! (Bang head!!!). So, another brain-washing and all and finally it was Black all around.

Part 3:
2 days later when we are almost deciding on which date and time to book, we suddenly realize that all the vehicle in the family are black! So we decide to change color, which finally landed to Mineral Red.

I am like, we should not take full Red, since I do not like too flashy vehicles, so decided for dual tone.

Myself and wify, ok.

Child - cried when we said Red. She wanted Black!!! (break head on wall!!!). So, again, brain-washing and reminding her that her first choice was this and that we are going for this because she wished for this and all that (I am sure if she reads this when she grows up, I am in big trouble!!!). So, finally, she agreed.

And that my friend, is how the Mineral Red with dual tone, was booked. Which is also the reason, it seems, why the delay took place due to slow moving color.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
Suresh,

This was really hilarious. Loved the way you went back and forth and finally settled on the color. And a fabulous one at that!

And believe you me, you will be in trouble!

Cheers,
Pritish
yes he surely going to be, but what a wonderful way to finalise a colour on his 4x4, wow.Keep it coming suresh.
Old 25th July 2009, 22:29   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Color selection! That was the most difficult part in the whole process of this buying experience!
Ha ha ha ha ha that is what i can say by seeing the way you guys struggle to impress your kid to select the colour which she had selected by her own will.

ha ha ha ha ha / LOL / ROFL /

Last edited by gowda79 : 25th July 2009 at 22:37.
Old 25th July 2009, 22:33   #79
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Ha ha ha ha ha that is what i can say, the ay you guys struggle to impress your kid to select the colour which she had selected by her own will.
Color selection is one of the worst thing when it comes to cars.

Good for us, We had a RED Safari in mind from the day we saw the safari in our child hood days.

Happywheels..... How long sir your car...????
Old 25th July 2009, 23:02   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... ha ha ha ha ha / LOL / ROFL /
You smartie! Did all the laughing and still kept the smilies under the allowed 2!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM View Post
... Happywheels..... How long sir your car...????
Should be in hand on or before 10th August. Waiting for confirmation from couple of people, involved in the process but from different sets, when the shipment is done.

Once I get that confirmation, I need to organize the PDI meet!
Old 26th July 2009, 03:13   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once I get that confirmation, I need to organize the PDI meet!
this is going to be fun and this thread has already been one.

And it amazes me how much information we have here on T-BHP and the Safari gang is awesome.

Wish i discovered T-BHP before my purchase
Old 26th July 2009, 11:13   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
... And it amazes me how much information we have here on T-BHP and the Safari gang is awesome.

Wish i discovered T-BHP before my purchase
So true about the collective information and knowledge that you get here!

And in a way I am lucky that I am a member here and was able to gather enough information with regard to the purchase and the vehicle as such, else I am sure you would have another "demo/old stock sold to me" thread!
Old 27th July 2009, 17:39   #83
Senior - BHPian

Update:

Vehicle produced and waiting for dispatch.

VIN number has been shared and it is of July 2009 make! (No surprise there, fortunately!)

Hopefully a week from now for PDI.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:45   #84
gpa
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's good going. An advanced date from your earlier estimated Aug 10.
Old 27th July 2009, 17:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa View Post
That's good going. An advanced date from your earlier estimated Aug 10.
I guess the vehicle will wait till the batch is full for shipment, which happens around the month end, so July 30th.

Another 5~7 days for reaching Bangalore and then the registration circus. So, I guess it will be on or just before 10th.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:32   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess the vehicle will wait till the batch is full for shipment, which happens around the month end, so July 30th.

Another 5~7 days for reaching Bangalore and then the registration circus. So, I guess it will be on or just before 10th.
You dont have to wait for the registration circus, just take the delivery of the vehicle along with Tax paid receipt and you can drive around.

Registration book takes around 10-12 days time and then you can fix the number plate.
Old 28th July 2009, 12:48   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
You dont have to wait for the registration circus, just take the delivery of the vehicle along with Tax paid receipt and you can drive around.

Registration book takes around 10-12 days time and then you can fix the number plate.
In my case it took me around 20days and till then we were on temp registration, with the temp registration we can use our vehicle without any issues and temp registeration is for 1 month.
Old 28th July 2009, 14:12   #88
Senior - BHPian

In Koramangla RTO it happens in one day flat that is you get the number and RC book is given on 3ed day. Concord does not even send the vehicle to RTO just invoice and pencil impression of Chassis and engine number is sent across.
Actually there is very limited parking space near to Koramangla BDA complex where RTO office is located so they no longer insist on showroom people to bring cars physcially sales person told me that RTO will inspect the car in showroom itself ( No physical inspection is involved anyway they trust showroom people on the cut money charged from buyer as handling and number plate charge in invoice)
Same is the case with Indiranagar RTO though there is ampel parking space over there.

Quote:

[quote=gowda79;1404933]In my case it took me around 20days and till then we were on temp registration, with the temp registration we can use our vehicle without any issues and temp registeration is for 1 month.[/quote
Old 28th July 2009, 15:15   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Update:

Vehicle produced and waiting for dispatch.

VIN number has been shared and it is of July 2009 make! (No surprise there, fortunately!)

thats a good news, so fresh pack ready to unleash in weeks time to come.
Old 28th July 2009, 16:03   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You dont have to wait for the registration circus, just take the delivery of the vehicle along with Tax paid receipt and you can drive around...
Quote:
... with the temp registration we can use our vehicle without any issues and temp registeration is for 1 month.
Okie; noted. I reckon this might be the practice then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
In Koramangla RTO it happens in one day flat that is you get the number and RC book is given on 3ed day. Concord does not even send the vehicle to RTO just invoice and pencil impression of Chassis and engine number is sent across...
Koramangala RTO issues then really fast. But then, I reckon it is not as bad as few of our guys have seen, up North. Couple of weeks, at the max, will be enough to get the document.

Even for a colleagues i10 registration at the Hosur Road RTO (KA-51), only the papers went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
thats a good news, so fresh pack ready to unleash in weeks time to come.
Sure! Yes!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks