Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 18:50   #136
BHPian

@raamki - Please elaborate on your use of ABS
Old 20th October 2009, 20:28   #137
BHPian

i've been driving the santro (2005 model XL variant, got nothing except the AC as a standard feature) regularly for the last 4 years, although ive never taken the santro on a single outstation trip till date and never had to come to a screeching halt on it either, touch wood, I can definitely feel the difference in braking when driving the fiesta.

The major difference i feel in the fiesta is that it's steering doesn't wobble when you have to brake at high speeds, you just have a lot more contol on the steering. I have a torrid time holding onto the steering in the santro while braking at speeds over 60kmph.

The fact that the fiesta is equipped with ABS probably gives you confidence to reach new speeds that you wouldn't have otherwise!!
Old 20th October 2009, 21:08   #138
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
rajesh, the car was glued to the road @ 160/4000rpm, i did not feel any vibrations or jerk in the steering as such, it's really got a fantastic road grip! the only reason i dropped back down to 110kmph average was for the fear of some bafoon going across the road! even the brakes, boy; ABS is surely a winner and a must have!!
Raamki, thanks for reply, this is the beauty of T-Bhp, I'll re-check again, whenever time and place permits (without compromising safety), if it persist than I'll catch the dealer and show him practically (my dealer service centre is located on starting of four lane road - stretch of 60 kms).

Quote:
i've been driving the santro (2005 model XL variant, got nothing except the AC as a standard feature) regularly for the last 4 years, although ive never taken the santro on a single outstation trip till date and never had to come to a screeching halt on it either, touch wood, I can definitely feel the difference in braking when driving the fiesta.

The major difference i feel in the fiesta is that it's steering doesn't wobble when you have to brake at high speeds, you just have a lot more contol on the steering. I have a torrid time holding onto the steering in the santro while braking at speeds over 60kmph.

The fact that the fiesta is equipped with ABS probably gives you confidence to reach new speeds that you wouldn't have otherwise!!
Raamki, I think ABS comes in a play during panic or sudden braking, I found the Fiesta braking adequate, but even Santro brakes are at par, I agree you won't get the confidence in Santro on high speed or sudden braking due to absence of ABS, but I found them better than any other hatch, out of 81000+ kms in my Santro, 90% my travelling was on highway usually at the speed of 80 - 100 kmph but I never felt unsecured in my Santro (same model Santro XL with hydraulic power steering).
Sorry I still love my Santro (as a individual car, not comparing with Fiesta).

Thanks,
Old 21st October 2009, 00:43   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Sorry I still love my Santro (as a individual car, not comparing with Fiesta).

Thanks,
sorry buddy!! 'Torrid' was a wrong choice of word to use there, I totally love my Santro too!! It was my first car I bought as new!! what i meant to say was that there is slight vibration felt on the steering at the time of braking at considerable speeds, does'nt rattle or anything, absolutely not!! I'd be more confident braking at 100kmph in a fiesta than in a santro!! we're only comparing it here because we drive both the cars!! anyway, am slowly but surely losing confidence in Hyundai's service these days, just not how it used to be a couple of years ago! their labor charges on service/parts has surely hit the roof in recent times in my opinion!!

anyway, am sure there's nothing wrong with your fiesta as such, maybe it was not an even road and you felt some vibrations? give it another shot before heading for the service center.

good luck!!
Old 21st October 2009, 23:56   #140
BHPian

Quote:
anyway, am sure there's nothing wrong with your fiesta as such, maybe it was not an even road and you felt some vibrations? give it another shot before heading for the service center.

good luck!!
Today afternoon I thought lets give the another shot, as I have to pass by service centre, I called the Service Manager (as I know him personally) and told him the problem, He immediately agreed to accompany me and see the problem, He took the control of steering and immediately after reaching 120 kmph He observed the wobble in steering, we came back to Service Centre.
He immediately told technicians to check the wheel balancing and found the wheels were not balanced, He asked me when you upgraded tyres, have you done the wheel balance, I told him no (during upgradation of tyres I told tyre supplier to do the wheel balance and alignment if required, but tyre supplier told me this is new car and we are not changing wheels, only upgrading tyres so not required).
Service Centre did the wheel balance and checked the alignment (free of cost) and again I headed to Four Lane and what a difference, it was beautiful experience at 120+ as I was driving at speed of 80 kmph.(this was just for experiment and to rectify problem, I don't recommend or drive at high speed).

Raamki, thanks for your inputs which helped me to rectify problem at earliest.
Old 22nd October 2009, 17:20   #141
BHPian

@raamki - thanks for the clearification, i have not had the chance nor the guts to floor it and check the braking/ABS.
Old 22nd October 2009, 19:30   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Raamki, thanks for your inputs which helped me to rectify problem at earliest.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
@raamki - thanks for the clearification, i have not had the chance nor the guts to floor it and check the braking/ABS.
no worries guys!!

@rajesh, had no idea you had upgraded your tires earlier!! yep, it is always advised to get the wheels balanced post change of tires!! glad you got it checked and resolved!!

@yajaman (aka rajesh again), get onto the NICE Road buddy, no better road other than the NICE in BLR to floor her!! I can probably join you, we can have hot tea and bajjis @ Adigas on our way back!!
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:11   #143
BHPian

Quote:
no worries guys!!

@rajesh, had no idea you had upgraded your tires earlier!! yep, it is always advised to get the wheels balanced post change of tires!! glad you got it checked and resolved!!

@yajaman (aka rajesh again), get onto the NICE Road buddy, no better road other than the NICE in BLR to floor her!! I can probably join you, we can have hot tea and bajjis @ Adigas on our way back!!
Raamki I agree about wheel balancing, but my tyre supplier messed the things as I was in hurry to attain the meeting, but your inputs made me thought about steering feedback else I would have continued the driving till 1st service.

Btw : I visited your website yesterday, you have designed it very beautifully, even I do travel Italy frequently (for official work) and I love scenic beauty.
Old 22nd October 2009, 20:24   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I visited your website yesterday, you have designed it very beautifully, even I do travel Italy frequently (for official work) and I love scenic beauty.
Ramki created a website for his Fiesta ? And he drove the fiesta to Italy ? WOW, thats something great to talk about !!

James Blunt singing in the background...."You are beautiful...."
Old 23rd October 2009, 00:54   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Btw : I visited your website yesterday, you have designed it very beautifully, even I do travel Italy frequently (for official work) and I love scenic beauty.
thanks buddy!! lucky you, i'd love to go back to Italy someday, Rome especially! awesome place!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Ramki created a website for his Fiesta ? And he drove the fiesta to Italy ? WOW, thats something great to talk about !!

James Blunt singing in the background...."You are beautiful...."
Now I know why you've been singing 'You're Beautiful' all evening!!
Old 23rd October 2009, 01:09   #146
Distinguished - BHPian

@rajeshvin --- Your tyre dealer is 100% wrong.

Wheel balancing doesnt refer only the to the wheel/rim. That's the stupidest thing I've heard all day. It refers to the tyre and rim combo and is done to make sure that there is no wobble or imbalance.

That tyre guy was 100% wrong. Next time, insist on Wheel balancing when you change either rims or tyres. Even if you interchange rims and tyres within your car.

@raamki --- You say your Santro wobbles when you hit the brakes at 60. It shouldnt. We have a Santro Xing as well and it is proper at much higher speeds. Either your wheel balancing is off or your brake pads are gone. Please get them checked as it's not safe.
Old 23rd October 2009, 12:04   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
@raamki --- You say your Santro wobbles when you hit the brakes at 60. It shouldnt. We have a Santro Xing as well and it is proper at much higher speeds. Either your wheel balancing is off or your brake pads are gone. Please get them checked as it's not safe.
hey nikhil, thanks for that! the brake pads along with another part at the rear were changed at Advaith during the last service a month ago. I still feel the mild vibration on the steering column. i feel this vibration only while applying brakes at a speed of 60+. does not happen when I have to brake at a speed of 40 or below.

I will get another wheel alignment/balancing done but I remember the service advisor telling me that they had done a wheel alignment post changing the brake pads and checking a couple other things. Anyway, it's not been a very pleasant experience for me with Hyundai's service in the last 1 year! It's just gone from OK, Bad to Worse really. Had to foot a service bill of 5.5k for the most recent service! I've spend over 10k in service bills for the Santro alone in the last one year!!

Sorry about the OT here but everytime the car goes in for service, the amount of problems it comes back with simply keep getting added on! I've tried most of the Trident & Advaith service centres across bangy, something or the other has to be messed up by either of their service personnel. First it was the seat fabric @ Trident and now, thanks to Advaith, my Xenox security system will refuse to work and the AC blower fan makes a loud irritating noise for a couple of minutes after it's fired up (sound of the belt spinning)!!

the funniest incident that i can only laugh about now, the cleaning/polishing guy that waxes the car after a service before delivery, removes my customized sticker from the rear windshield and replaces it with a 'Advaith Hyundai - Caring for you always' sticker. I was furious when i noticed it and asked the service advisor why they removed my sticker!! he says, sir - we serviced the car. I tell him, fine, put a couple more of your stickers but don't except me to pay for the service!! they eventually removed their sticker, got another customized one made for me for free and put it on a week later, funny guys i tell you!!
Old 6th November 2009, 13:30   #148
Senior - BHPian

JUST AN UPDATE TO ALL TEAM - BHPIANS,

Fiesta ZXI has been launched for November 2009 with Leather Upholstery as Limited Edition Model

Following are the Updates:

New Features
  • Luxurious Leather interiors
  • Cubic Finish Centre & Floor console
  • Metallic Finish on trims
SEE THE BELOW LINK FOR MORE DETAILS:
Ford - New Ford Fiesta ZXI with Leather Interiors
Old 6th November 2009, 14:31   #149
BHPian

ok, so ford does it again. another variant / limited edition. not sure whether its a good strategy?? it makes the existing owners of higher versions a bit nervous / jealous...

BTW, what does cubic finish mean?
Old 6th November 2009, 16:04   #150
Senior - BHPian

it is the console near the ICE

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks