Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 15:48   #91
BHPian

Hi Ramki,

Sorry to hear about the problem, hope the problem is fixed now, if you still have the issue and need help, PM me I can send you the contact details of a gentleman from the Ford service department, hope you would have visited my thread on the issue I faced with the alignment.
Old 27th September 2009, 00:47   #92
BHPian

'Thud' Gone!!

Hey folks,

We did get that problem fixed (the noise is gone for now) but the way it got done was CRAZZYY!!

So, my dad drives down to Metro's st.marks rd service centre and explains the problem. the chap that attended to him claimed this was rather a 'very common' issue on new cars, sat down in the drivers seat, advised my dad to belt up and asked him specifically 'not to feel bad for what he was going to do!!'.

they drive out of metro towards lavelle rd with this chap behind the wheels, he revs up the engine, gets to around 70kmph around the sharp turns on that road and the next thing my dad knows, the car's doing 100 kmph on the st.marks rd stretch (towards bishop cottons) and even before he realizes, the brakes are jammed and she comes to a screeching stop!! He goes all the way around and back onto the lavelle rd, picks up speed, gets to 100kmph and jams on the brakes again!! repeated one more time, except that the 3rd time he did this, the 'thud' was gone!! sounds crazy, yeah?

Explanation in his own words for the craziness: The brake shoes, if not settled in place tend to make that thud when braking. so, he was trying to get some heat generated for the shoes to settle in, I don't know if this makes any sense at all, but the noise actually is gone, the brakes working as normal!!

But am just wondering if they could have simulated this at their service centre (put the car on a flat underbody ramp) rather that taking the car out for a high speed spin within city limits? fortunately, nobody including the car was hurt but seriously, this does'nt seem the right way to go about fixing a problem to me!

anyway, he signed off by saying, if the 'thud' came back, it will be looked into during the first service!!

Last edited by raamki : 27th September 2009 at 00:50.
Old 27th September 2009, 01:16   #93
BHPian

@ esoteric: buddy, congrats on the car!! what color did you opt for?? please dont say 'platinum'!! just kidding!! congrats again and happy waiting!! do post your buying experience and pics later on!!

btw, i noticed an aquarius blue 's' with a temp reg parked in the by-lane next to Lathangi a couple days ago, my guess is, it was tbhp user, Govinda-Govinda's car!! she looked a beauty, as always!!

@ aravinrd
: pal, can you send me that contact anyway? may come of use, later!!
Old 27th September 2009, 01:22   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
@ aravinrd[/b]: pal, can you send me that contact anyway? may come of use, later!!
Arvind@ Its better to PM it to all Ford's current and would be customers (Just kidding but its always good to have contact of someone direct from Ford as we never know when we will need it)
Old 27th September 2009, 02:06   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric_su View Post
Raamki I hope that the problem is minor and things will be alright . This is offcially my 2nd post in this forum as I became a member yesterday. I have booked a Ford Fiesta SXI petrol on September 12th with Lathangi Ford. Reason for this choice is extensive research on Team-BHP and inspired articles from many people including Raamki , Shajufx , Vnabhi , Frankmehta to name a few . I am supposed to get delivery on 29th or 30th September . So my agonizing wait is on .
@esoteric: Congo on the choice of car. I took delivery 3 days back and its been an amazing three days. Already drove 270 kms in 3 days in Thick Puja traffic in Kolkata. Car is highly impressive to say the least. Which color u buying the Sxi in?
Old 27th September 2009, 13:16   #96
BHPian

picture time!!

posting a few pictures of the car, i had taken during our recent trip to mysore and back!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-img_0924.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-img_0936.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-img_0939.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-img_0940.jpg  

Old 27th September 2009, 16:30   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by premjit View Post
@esoteric: Congo on the choice of car. I took delivery 3 days back and its been an amazing three days. Already drove 270 kms in 3 days in Thick Puja traffic in Kolkata. Car is highly impressive to say the least. Which color u buying the Sxi in?
Thanks Premjit & Ramki - I booked the SXI version Moondust Silver color . One thing that seems to bother me is the long waiting period . It has already been more than two weeks and Lathangi people are saying that the delay is mainly due to the huge increase in demand for the facelifted Fiesta. Is anybody aware about any email address through which I can raise my concern and try to expediate the process? I badly want the car before the vacation season ends .
@Premjit this is the first time in my life I am missing Kolkata puja but Bangalore is doing well too with lots of pujas this time . Wish you all a ' Subho Maha ashtami ' and a very happy Durga Puja.
Old 28th September 2009, 11:40   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the car's doing 100 kmph on the st.marks rd stretch (towards bishop cottons) and even before he realizes, the brakes are jammed and she comes to a screeching stop!! He goes all the way around and back onto the lavelle rd, picks up speed, gets to 100kmph and jams on the brakes again!! repeated one more time, except that the 3rd time he did this, the 'thud' was gone!! sounds crazy, yeah? !!
May be you have been too soft with your driving style buddy ! I didnt follow any run-in theories throughout my drives till today. I had given the link to that explanation in my thread too.

Summary of that explanation is ripping the engine to its best (but trying to keep the RPM below 3000 whenever possible). It includes engine breaking as well as hard breaking once a while. My highway driving gave me plenty of chances to do the same. I dont know the technical part of all these, but similar issues could happen out of nowhere, regardless of the driving style or vehicle.
Old 28th September 2009, 17:26   #99
BHPian

@Raamki - I have booked my fiesta from Metro Ford (its an 1.6 SXI Morello) and waiting for the delivery. And your inputs on T-Bhp was very helpful in taking the decision.
Quote:
repeated one more time, except that the 3rd time he did this, the 'thud' was gone!! sounds crazy, yeah? !!
That gave a mild heart attack to a person who has just booked a fiesta and is waiting for delivery. But anyway, if such reckless driving would help in the run-in period, then I guess my Fiesta would be the best one on earth . Maybe its true. I never did any smooth driving of my Alto during the run-in period and till date its doing fine with a decent mileage as well.
Old 28th September 2009, 17:42   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
if such reckless driving would help in the run-in period, then I guess my Fiesta would be the best one on earth.
'Reckless driving' may not be the right term here, service guys always test the vehicles in such a manner but they very well know what they are doing. When an inexperienced person tries to imitate that action, then we have trouble on the road, guranteed !

By the way, you dont need to be so soft with the running-in process. I think you have seen the tank-full to tank-full mileage I have reported in my thread. I will confirm that part in the next checking, but I am sure, nobody has reported such a mileage so far. If ripping the engine well is the answer, yes I have done that to the best. To rip the engine well, you dont need to be driving reckless, but find empty stretches and try, or take it to the highways. Late gear shifting and engine breaking also do a big job in settling the engine parts.
Old 29th September 2009, 01:31   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
May be you have been too soft with your driving style buddy ! I didnt follow any run-in theories throughout my drives till today. I had given the link to that explanation in my thread too.

Summary of that explanation is ripping the engine to its best (but trying to keep the RPM below 3000 whenever possible). It includes engine breaking as well as hard breaking once a while. My highway driving gave me plenty of chances to do the same. I dont know the technical part of all these, but similar issues could happen out of nowhere, regardless of the driving style or vehicle.
hmm, well my dad drives it as gently as a mother would change a diaper on a newly born!! the only time it's ever touched 110 on the speedo is when i've been behind it's wheels on the 2 outstation trips! but seriously, that 'thud' scared the daylights out of me, the first time i heard it, i thought i had ran over something!! am glad it's gone now!

20 more days, we move into our new house and the fiesta comes with us!! have serious parking issues in our current rented property!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
That gave a mild heart attack to a person who has just booked a fiesta and is waiting for delivery. But anyway, if such reckless driving would help in the run-in period, then I guess my Fiesta would be the best one on earth . Maybe its true. I never did any smooth driving of my Alto during the run-in period and till date its doing fine with a decent mileage as well.
congrats again jack, officially - welcome to the club!! btw, am sorry about the heart ache! it's behaving well now! just a FYI of sorts, you are transitioning from a Maruti buddy, they are the cheapest and the best when it comes to servicing (just servicing eh, have a completely diff opinion on the cars they've been making in the recent past except the SX4!), so be prepared for a little change, hopefully for the better, if not worse!

Last edited by raamki : 29th September 2009 at 01:32.
Old 29th September 2009, 12:50   #102
BHPian

Quote:
just a FYI of sorts, you are transitioning from a Maruti buddy, they are the cheapest and the best when it comes to servicing (just servicing eh, have a completely diff opinion on the cars they've been making in the recent past except the SX4!), so be prepared for a little change, hopefully for the better, if not worse!
My firesta will be on a company lease and hence my office takes care of all the service, maintenance, damages etc etc etc

Last edited by Jaggu : 29th September 2009 at 13:02. Reason: Please limit smilie usage to 2 per post. Thanks
Old 30th September 2009, 15:21   #103
BHPian

cost of ownership?

hey raamki...i'm sure you're still enjoying your baby. Just a couple of questions....have you managed to figure out the FE using the full tank to full tank method? all other Fiesta (petrol) owners - what is the usual servicing tab? and how expensive are the parts that might be (God forbid!) replaced the most (such a headlamps/body coloured bumpers etc.)

have been seriously considering one for a while now and all this would be crucial to the final decision
Old 30th September 2009, 15:35   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
20 more days, we move into our new house and the fiesta comes with us!! have serious parking issues in our current rented property!!
Congratulations, you bought a new house just to park the Fiesta ? I dont think anyone can beat this action. It shows how much you love your Ford !!
Old 30th September 2009, 16:13   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678 View Post
hey raamki...i'm sure you're still enjoying your baby. Just a couple of questions....have you managed to figure out the FE using the full tank to full tank method? all other Fiesta (petrol) owners - what is the usual servicing tab? and how expensive are the parts that might be (God forbid!) replaced the most (such a headlamps/body coloured bumpers etc.)

have been seriously considering one for a while now and all this would be crucial to the final decision
hi there, at the moment my dad has the privilege of driving her around!! he did do a tank full-tank full method for mileage the last time, the average he got was around 11.5-12 kmpl, this in city driving conditions (his driving style is completely different from mine, he is a calm and composed driver.) I tend to lose sanity at times.

I know that the first service is at 5000kms or 3 months, whichever is earlier. Shaju has mentioned the service intervals for the fiesta in one of his posts. maybe he can answer that one for you at the moment. No idea about the cost of parts either but the general feeling i get is that for the fiesta, it is neither too expensive nor dirt cheap as the parts of a Maruti. However, There is a big hoarding in Ford showrooms that claim the service and part costs for an Ikon is cheaper as compared to that of the Swift Dzire!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congratulations, you bought a new house just to park the Fiesta ? I dont think anyone can beat this action. It shows how much you love your Ford !!
right!! how about buying an Audi A8 and living in it instead of the house?? lol.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks