Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th September 2009, 18:42   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash7678 View Post
what is the usual servicing tab? and how expensive are the parts that might be
Service tab is 3 months or 5000 kms and 6 months or 10000 kms whichever comes earlier basis. After that I think its just yearly routine service. Cost part, FORD has reduced lot of prices to stand the competition, so it will be very much in line with other sedans in the similar range. Here is what I could find from the metro ford site, may be it could help you.
Name:  cost.jpg
Views: 2026
Size:  93.3 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
how about buying an Audi A8 and living in it instead of the house?? lol.
I wish someone could buy it for me ! I dont mind an A4 for my wifee too ! Jokes apart, Audi A6 was our official company car for 3 years (Muscat). I was always thrown to the rear seats though. Funniest part is, when the management comes in Audi A6, our receptionist and secretary (both nationals there) used to come in their BMW 7 series and Benz S class ! Locals are filthy rich, its tough to beat them. I was not crazy about cars that time, imagine around 12 sports cars owned by juniors, and over 15 luxury cars owned by other office staff ! I was trainer too, so I have taken my juniors to different places (offcourse in their car) for my personal needs including 2 road-trips to Dubai.

Last edited by shajufx : 30th September 2009 at 18:45.
Old 30th September 2009, 18:55   #107
Senior - BHPian

these figures look like a convincing sales pitch. I doubt Fords are cheaper to service than Marutis!
Old 30th September 2009, 19:03   #108
Senior - BHPian

May be true, but can they publish something that is far from truth ? I dont think they will do that when everything is shared face to face among the end-users.
Old 30th September 2009, 19:58   #109
BHPian

sorry, but am confused. If Ford is projecting 5 yrs annual servicing cost at Rs. 15K, how come they are selling the total maintenance plan for 3 yrs at Rs. 35K. i am missing something, but not sure what??
Old 30th September 2009, 20:00   #110
Senior - BHPian

right on. That's a smart way of saying that this comparison is absolute BALDERDASH.
Old 30th September 2009, 20:18   #111
Senior - BHPian

I have no clue about the difference between annual service cost and the TMP = total maintenance plan. I have neither taken extended warranty nor the TMP. What I read about TMP is this Metro Ford :: Total Maintenance Plan:

What is Covered ?
  • Scheduled Servicing like Engine Oil change, Fuel Filter, Oil Filter, Spark Plugs, etc.,
  • Non-scheduled Maintenance like brake pads / shoes, brake discs, clutch plates, lower suspension arms, shock absorbers, etc.,
  • Mechanical / Electrical Failure repairs
  • Labour for all the above
Old 30th September 2009, 20:20   #112
Senior - BHPian

Thats EXACTLY what is covered under the TMP man. I dont think you should read too much into that Metro Ford table!
Old 30th September 2009, 20:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

Who wants to believe that table anyway ? None of us have bought a Fiesta reading those tables. But we dont have any other figures to compare until and unless we complete 5 years ownership. By that time I might be moving around in my personalised spaceship !!
Old 30th September 2009, 20:26   #114
Senior - BHPian

Hehehe. BUT, I want a Duratec powered spaceship. The S model. Whichever colour will do ;-)
Old 30th September 2009, 21:03   #115
Senior - BHPian

I pray that your bare 'tree' comes back to full life soon ! Some of my friends are talking about buying an acre of land in the moon. We are living in a crazy crazy world. Now after finding water sources in the moon, looks like values are going higher Buy an Acre of the Moon: - Only £19.99. So Franky, sell your 'BOOOFER' and get a plot. We will share the spaceship together too !
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-space.jpg

I am out of here before Raamki comes out with his sword !!
Old 1st October 2009, 01:15   #116
BHPian

7000L DURATEC?? I won't be surprised if Ford takes inspiration from your post, !!

on a serious note, i think metro's website has'nt got that piece of info on the servicing costs right. 15k for 5 years sounds dirt cheap to me, even a maruti INMO would cost more than that at the end of 5 years!!

the best people to throw some light on that question for us are the seniors!

btw, as per information on the ford india website, SSP (Scheduled Service Plan) & TMP (Total Maintenance Plan) are 2 different service solutions. TMP covers everything that SSP does apart from also covering repairs arising out of electrical or mechanical failures and wear and tear parts.

here are the links to those pages:

Extended Warranty: Ford - Extended Warranty
SSP: Ford - Scheduled Service Plan
TMP: Ford - Total Maintenance Plan

@ashish, the SSP is definitely a cheaper proposition than going for the TMP @ 35k for 3 years!! I understand you have a 3 year Extended Warranty with your car? now, that's going to take care of all mechanical and electrical failures and labour for these repairs anyway! so, ideally - you should'nt even be considering TMP.

Last edited by raamki : 1st October 2009 at 01:30.
Old 1st October 2009, 14:31   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
i think metro's website has'nt got that piece of info on the servicing costs right.
Offcourse its there. Here is the link Metro Ford :: Annual Servicing Costs I got into that page by logging in as a customer with my username and password, not sure if its open to all.

Here is another chart too !
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-ss.jpg

Last edited by shajufx : 1st October 2009 at 14:35.
Old 1st October 2009, 15:45   #118
BHPian

@raamki: WRT to the service plans, here is what i gained from a reading of them:

SSP: Ford India webiste mentions that one can save upto 10% of the total amount spent on service for a period of 5 years. This plan basically plans to upfront the service cost at todays rate thereby saving one from "inflation"

TMP: Apart from service items like oils, filters etc, the plan also covers replacement due to normal wear and tear, electrical and mechanical failuers and the associated labnour cost.

EW: covers all mechanical and electrical failures alongwith Labour for these parts.

In the final analysis, SSP seems to be the best option, since ur spared the cost of replacements like engine oils, all filters and brake and coolant fluids, over a period of 4 years. If this coincident with the EW, then the plan essentially covers everything but normal wear and tear.
Old 6th October 2009, 18:10   #119
BHPian

Hi guys,

seems we are reaching some concensus on the EW, TMP, SSP debate.

The TMP is essentially EW + SSP + wear and tear parts (like brake pads / shoes, brake discs, clutch plates, shock absorbers, etc., - as Shaju mentioned). Accidental repairs are obviously not covered (we have insurance for that). The Ford site states that TMP doesnt cover tyres and tubes. Wouldnt the EW cover it - esp if the tyres are not changed and are OEMs?

So, if someone (like me) has a 4 year EW, the TMP (@ 35K for 3 yrs) may not make sense.

But does anyone know the cost of the SSP for 2,3 and 4 years?
Old 6th October 2009, 18:16   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Offcourse its there. Here is the link Metro Ford :: Annual Servicing Costs I got into that page by logging in as a customer with my username and password, not sure if its open to all.

Here is another chart too !
Attachment 200479
Shaju,

arent the first 2 services supposed to be free? how come there is a cost assocaited with 2nd service?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks