Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2009, 17:05   #151
BHPian

i just checked the website, the mini adv on the top shows the seats of the ZXI and it looks like the SXI. Would like to know the price difference with the added features or is it the same as before.
Guess ford is getting ready for the Figo and then launch the new Fiesta.
Old 7th November 2009, 00:03   #152
BHPian

From website it looks like its only applicable to petrol version only & not for Diesel!
I think they will not provide this @ same price but overall its good offer

Last edited by kumar7 : 7th November 2009 at 00:06.
Old 7th November 2009, 09:26   #153
Senior - BHPian

yes it is applicable for Duratec only with only a marginal increase of 5k only, a good bet for the people who want to go for petrol ZXI
Old 7th November 2009, 14:02   #154
BHPian

Here is the ad on TOI-Bangalore:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-zxi.jpg  

Old 7th November 2009, 15:37   #155
Senior - BHPian

I think only seats are leather and not the door trim?
With just 5K extra, the deal seems attractive - but will have to seem
what kind of leather they are using -may be vinyl, the one they are selling
as their accessory (same thing I bought for my car)?
Metalllic handle also looks good.
Old 7th November 2009, 20:30   #156
BHPian

Metallic handle usually does not come separately & it comes in EXI ornamental kit costing 5.5K which includes hand brake chrome, sporty peddle, side door chrome handles.

Long back I placed request for separate chrome handles & awaiting reply from dealer to confirm if I can buy it separately rather going for a kit as I already have sports peddle & hand brake cover.
Old 7th November 2009, 23:47   #157
BHPian

something tells me that this new limited edition on the duratec zxi is a strategy by ford to give the recently launched 'indigo manza' buyers a choice to consider!!

think about it, a fully loaded manza with safire engine (petrol) costs approx 6.5 on road in Blore. The only other sedan close to that price range is our very dear ZXI, approx 7.2 on road!!

anyway, one upgrade less for the prospective zxi owners!!

Last edited by raamki : 7th November 2009 at 23:49. Reason: added quote
Old 9th November 2009, 15:07   #158
BHPian

I had stopped by Metro Ford on Saturday late evening and got to see the New ZXI.
The Seats and door trims are in leather. A new Color also has been launched "Sea Grey". It looks very classy.
A very good option for new buyers.
Old 9th November 2009, 17:30   #159
Senior - BHPian

If leather was in my list of priorities, I would have chosen SXI in the first place. The only reason I avoided stock leather was after seeing few used SXI cars with very bad looking, worn-out leather seats. I never wanted my car interior to look shabby after few months, so the best option was to save some bucks by opting on ZXI and upgrading to stanley at a later stage.

Yajaman, what you have got from stanley is far superior quality than the new ZXI will provide new buyers. The new ZXI nitial impression will be very high though.

Last edited by shajufx : 9th November 2009 at 17:32.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:18   #160
BHPian

@rajesh, did you check on the on road price of the zxi limited edition? 6.53 ex showroom, say 7.4 on road with all the dealer discounts etc, still an approx 15-20k more than what we would have paid for our cars! i think our final on road was 7.2 change.

nevertheless, good VFM on the stock leather option for the new zxi buyers! but yeah, the 'Stanley customized' logo on the car will probably help quite a bit at the time of resale!!
Old 12th November 2009, 23:05   #161
BHPian

Alloys; Help me choose!

My car completed 3000 kms earlier in the week and is due to go in for it's first service come this saturday, 14th nov!!

updates to follow about the experience post the service. For now though, i had some time to play around with photoshop and here is what i came up with, 2 brand of alloys PS'd on my car's rubber to replace the stock rims which are long due already.

These 2 are the shortlists, there are endless designs across multiple brands but after seeing the plati first on shaju's car and the aura design on omkar's, i do not want to look any further, really like the way their cars stand out with these alloys!

the first picture is of the Aura alloys (15 inch, am sure the same design is available in 14 too) from Omkar's car (MeEncore), unsure on the model number, have to check with him on that. But the latest I've heard from the tyre/alloy section is that Aura as a brand has shut down, they are not making alloys anymore. So not really sure what is going to happen if i ran into problems with them later!

the second one is a very popular model/brand amongst us bhp'ians. The simple yet stunning looking PY 297 from Plati.

Me thinks Plati is the way to go, Wifey thinks I should go with Aura, Dad doesn't really care as long as the car is still drivable post the upgrade and Mom is furious at the idea!

Now, let me know what you guys think i should opt for?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-fiesta_1.jpg  

Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-fiesta_2.jpg  

Old 12th November 2009, 23:08   #162
Senior - BHPian

Why are you even thinking still! The Platis look phenomenal. Go for it.
Old 13th November 2009, 09:43   #163
Senior - BHPian

The first one (aura?) looks thin because of it having so many small/narrow spokes
whereas the plati looks solid with 5 spokes and probably good for sedans like fiesta.
So my vote goes to plati.!
Old 13th November 2009, 09:58   #164
BHPian

Now thats million dollar question, when you have to select between your and wife's choice.
IMO Plati gels well with Fiesta look, If I have to choose no second thought on Plati.
Old 13th November 2009, 11:46   #165
BHPian

@Raamki,

My vote is for Plati as it looks Majestic and as rajeshvin pointed out it gells well

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks