Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2009, 13:55   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Me thinks Plati is the way to go, Wifey thinks I should go with Aura, Dad doesn't really care as long as the car is still drivable post the upgrade and Mom is furious at the idea! Now, let me know what you guys think i should opt for?
Now I have an idea satisfying everyone in the family. Put Plati on the front right (where you normally sit), Aura on the front left (wifee's place), leave the stock tire as its on the rear left (dad's place) and paint the rear right stock tire pink. Now you have a happy fiesta family ! All the best !

Make sure you complete the upgrades before the next meet !
Old 13th November 2009, 14:06   #167
Senior - BHPian

Not even worth asking, the plati's it is dude.

go for it - it looks cleans and simple yet cool.

cheers
Old 13th November 2009, 17:21   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Now I have an idea satisfying everyone in the family. Put Plati on the front right (where you normally sit), Aura on the front left (wifee's place), leave the stock tire as its on the rear left (dad's place) and paint the rear right stock tire pink. Now you have a happy fiesta family ! All the best !

+
Haa, what an idea

Since your above post, I am looking for some comments from Ramki?

Who knows, may be in next few years, car manufacturers may introduce cars with multicolour body and tyre/alloys etc
Old 13th November 2009, 18:10   #169
Senior - BHPian

Nairsaab, Raamki already bought Pink paint in the afternoon. He takes suggestions very seriously. How nice of him to take a chance, thats why we just love him. Only issue is, I cant ask any more suggestions here, because I will have to follow.
Old 13th November 2009, 23:43   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Nairsaab, Raamki already bought Pink paint in the afternoon. He takes suggestions very seriously. How nice of him to take a chance, thats why we just love him. Only issue is, I cant ask any more suggestions here, because I will have to follow.
pink on a platinum? maybe i'll just remove the wheel cap and leave the rim black for that wheel, what say?? or you think i should go a step further and take car's top off too, to make my ultimate dream of owning a convertible come true? use it for a year and eventually lease it out to a marriage party, will make a super car for a bridegroom's procession!!

I give up and bow down to your sense of humor, if i had the power of a mod, i would probably give you the title of a 'humorous bhp'ian', the first of it's kind!!
Old 14th November 2009, 01:12   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Why are you even thinking still! The Platis look phenomenal. Go for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
The first one (aura?) looks thin because of it having so many small/narrow spokes
whereas the plati looks solid with 5 spokes and probably good for sedans like fiesta.
So my vote goes to plati.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Now thats million dollar question, when you have to select between your and wife's choice.
IMO Plati gels well with Fiesta look, If I have to choose no second thought on Plati.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravinrd View Post
@Raamki,

My vote is for Plati as it looks Majestic and as rajeshvin pointed out it gells well
Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
Not even worth asking, the plati's it is dude.

go for it - it looks cleans and simple yet cool.

cheers
Awesome!! So, PLATI it is folks!! thanks a lot!!

I did do a bit of shopping around for rates as well and the Platis (PY 297) cost approx 14k change for a set of 5 tires, works up to around 2.8k per tire. Infact, there is a similar looking alloy in League as well (League LG-076 Ninja, Taiwanese Manufacturer), not really sure about the rates on them but will enquire, compare before deciding which one to go for. Never come across a car fitted with League alloys on tbhp yet, but just curious to know if anybody has heard about this brand, are they good & reliable? they have a website! (LEAGUE Alloy Co., Ltd)

I'm only keen on getting the alloys for the 4 tires though, will work out a deal with this Bridgestone dealer close to my place (btm layout). i have read on one of the other threads here that this dealer has some contacts in Auto Dynamic Corp (Auto Dynamic) who apparently are the distributors of Plati's & League's in India. So, lets see how it goes!!

ETA for switching to Alloys: Hopefully, ASAP!!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-untitled6.jpg  

Old 14th November 2009, 04:56   #172
BHPian

@Raamki: I believe 14K for 5 Wheels is reasonable, @shajufx is also having the same set of alloys and you can compare the prices. Any reasons for not considering HR Alloys, i thought they are one of the best alloys in the town.
Old 14th November 2009, 11:36   #173
Senior - BHPian

IMO, Plati still looks better and solid.
Leage LG has got only 3 nut holes (how it will fit into fiesta?)
or may be they have different model with 5 nut holes?
Old 14th November 2009, 13:46   #174
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I did do a bit of shopping around for rates as well and the Platis (PY 297) cost approx 14k change for a set of 5 tires, works up to around 2.8k per tire!
Raamki, I didnt really get your Plati pricing part. Could you specify the details ? I got the same Plati PY 297, set of 4 for 13k. You know where I got it from. If you can stretch the budget a little, consider the SSW alloys too, I liked atleast 3 designs but I was on a tighter budget. My New BEL road guy has HR, Plati, League, SSW alloys and Michelin, Yokohama, Appollo, Goodyear tires. He will also give an overall discount if you are upgrading alloy+tires same time. Let me know if you need any details.

Btw, dont throw that pink paint you got, I might need it soon !
Old 14th November 2009, 21:18   #175

Quote:
anyway, am slowly but surely losing confidence in Hyundai's service these days, just not how it used to be a couple of years ago! their labor charges on service/parts has surely hit the roof in recent times in my opinion!!
I cant agree with you more Raamki. Hyundai service charges seem to have really shot up. I have posted my recent Hyundai service experience on the car dealerships forum. Wonder how the Ford service will compare.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:34   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Raamki, I didnt really get your Plati pricing part. Could you specify the details ?
shaj, i haven't followed up with the dealer yet, his rate for a set of 5 is 14,250 to be precise.

i have not even gone personally to the store yet! currently, the plans of upgrading to alloys is on hold until next month, thanks to Kent Grand+ and a fancy light worth 7k that i couldn't resist buying for the living room in my new place! so, am effectively on budget spending for the rest of the month!!

I couldn't get the car dropped in for it's scheduled service either last week. Re-scheduled the appointment to Thursday morning. Hopefully, I'll be able to get the alloys and the scuff plates next month!! lets see how it goes!
Old 17th February 2010, 09:29   #177
Senior - BHPian

can we get the alloy to be colored into black (only a wild thought)
Old 17th February 2010, 16:23   #178
BHPian

Throttle Body replaced!

Hello folks, how's it going?

Sorry, been very busy with work and a lot of other things lately! Hope all is well with everybody!

@ruchir - I guess you can, but may end up looking very weird! I have seen a couple of red colored alloys, will probably look okay'ish on a heavily modded vehicle but may not go very well on our fiestas.

Anyway, I have an update on a technical issue from our car! Wanted to wait until resolution to share with you all.

The 'Throttle Body' assembly has now been replaced in-warranty in our car as it refused to go beyond 10km/h even if the throttle was pushed down to max. This was completely an intermittent fault, the problem would go away and the car would start behaving normally if the ignition were turned off and then turned back on again!

Metro were very prompt in identifying the fault, Dad called them the moment he realized there was something wrong and in a couple of hours, they showed up with a portable computer equipment at his workplace. They hooked it up to the car's system and knew something was wrong with the throttle mechanism right away. Apparently, they did not have stock of this assembly and we had to eventually wait for a couple days to get it replaced.

They called to let us know that the part arrived this morning, came home took the car, replaced the part and dropped the car off a couple minutes ago! The price of the assembly they put in is Rs. 7500 including labor as mentioned on the Invoice. This was replaced in-warranty and we weren't charged a single rupee even!

Hopefully, this problem will never show up again but it sure will have us worried for a while? Anybody else experienced this problem on a fiesta this soon ever??

The bright side of this issue is the way Metro handled the problem, very impressed with the way they took ownership and followed up through to resolution, only good news for ford owners!!

Will keep you updated.
Old 17th February 2010, 17:36   #179
Senior - BHPian

Hi buddy, long time no see !! I thought you settled down somewhere in the north of Congo !!

Having a zero bill within the warranty period is a pleasure, but what if it arises out of that time limit ? Its offcourse a thing to worry. But worrying about it, I dont want to pump in that psychological 'worry' aura into the parts of the car and thereby creating an issue out of nowhere.

This is now a new 'issue' thats coming up after the 'steering spring' talks in few threads. Hope it doesnt pop up on anyone's fiesta.

If you could explain how this issue started first and in what condition (cold start etc.), it would give us more ideas to check for any existing concern, or even recognise the issue earlier when it really shows up.
Old 17th February 2010, 18:05   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Hi buddy, long time no see !! I thought you settled down somewhere in the north of Congo !!

Having a zero bill within the warranty period is a pleasure, but what if it arises out of that time limit ? Its offcourse a thing to worry. But worrying about it, I dont want to pump in that psychological 'worry' aura into the parts of the car and thereby creating an issue out of nowhere.

This is now a new 'issue' thats coming up after the 'steering spring' talks in few threads. Hope it doesnt pop up on anyone's fiesta.

If you could explain how this issue started first and in what condition (cold start etc.), it would give us more ideas to check for any existing concern, or even recognise the issue earlier when it really shows up.
LOL @ congo!! no no, been here only!! work, work, work and more work kept me busy!! breathing easy only since the last week!!

hmm, steering spring issue? will do some very quick reading on the All Fiesta owners thread to catch up on everything I've missed!

this throttle issue took us totally by surprise! it was first noticed two weeks ago, not related to a cold start at all. The engine would start just fine, but the car would simply refuse to move forward beyond a rate of 10 km/h. the increase in revvs from the engine could be heard when you floor the accelerator pedal but there was no forward motion!

By instinct, we realized something was wrong, pulled over and turned the engine off and tried firing her up again, the behavior was normal on the 2nd attempt and the problem did not show up until the next day when the car was started for the 2nd time, in the afternoon! that's when Metro were called.

so really, it was out of the blue! no indication whatsoever until it actually happened!! only hope, it never happens again! <fingers crossed>

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks