Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2009, 16:25   #76
Senior - BHPian

Sparkling clean, new cars are the target for all such idiots ! Even in my society that has around 200 families, I find certain mentally sick people. They just use any metal piece to scratch it while they walk past. I find few hairline marks on top of my boot and on the bonnet, first I thought it would be some kids, but boot top is defenitely an adult's work. Certain things are just to be ignored, this is one of it, as long as the marks dont get deep into the coating.
Old 15th September 2009, 17:55   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Sparkling clean, new cars are the target for all such idiots ! Even in my society that has around 200 families, I find certain mentally sick people. They just use any metal piece to scratch it while they walk past. I find few hairline marks on top of my boot and on the bonnet, first I thought it would be some kids, but boot top is defenitely an adult's work. Certain things are just to be ignored, this is one of it, as long as the marks dont get deep into the coating.
@Shaju: Does all this teflon coating and all work. Have never used it on my earlier cars, but am considering this.
Old 15th September 2009, 18:21   #78
Senior - BHPian

I dont think anything can protect our car from a moron who has decided to make a scratch on your car. If its teflon, he might find a harder object to do his work. BMW is supposed to be having many layers of coat on the body (as claimed by my bro-in-law). Its not easy to make a key scratch unless you are using all your strength on it. But his car already has atleast 4 clearly visible drawings done by passers-by (his parking is on the basement of an 'under construction' area). So, I was thinking if he is complaining of such an expensive car, where do we stand with a Fiesta ? My car is only 1/16th of his cost !
Old 15th September 2009, 19:28   #79
BHPian

Well said shaju, paint is a paint and no paint in this world can withstand scratches and marks. Its tough to digest these scratches/nicks/ dents when you buy a car with your hard earned money, however that's life and we have to get going.

Trust me, you will notice the first scratch, second scratch and after that you will give up. The only way you could avoid this is by having a drive/security gaurd who is extremely careful while driving and protects your car 24 hrs. Even then you may end up with some scratch if some crazy auto/bike drive decides to give your car a friendly kiss....
Old 15th September 2009, 19:55   #80
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout View Post
Trust me, you will notice the first scratch, second scratch and after that you will give up....
Thats very well said and true 100% ! I remember the day my previous car got its first scratch, I couldnt sleep that night. Second scratch was less painful and the third one was an auto guy kissing my rear bumper. Then I myself created a big dent on the rear bumper while reversing in pitch dark. It had landed on a Qualis behind. I got a shock when the Qualis owner said "Its OK, it happens". Then I realised his qualis had similar dents all over the body. Thats life in a METRO !!
Old 16th September 2009, 01:29   #81
BHPian

whatever said and done, a scratch on a mint fresh vehicle definitely leaves a terrible feeling in your stomach, more so if you are absolutely not responsible for it!!

I remember, 5 years ago, while we were driving home the tavera from the showroom (a sundaram motor personnel was driving us home as my dad was not comfy behind it's wheels yet). At the CBI Junction, which was in a mess then, a tempo from the other side of the road, jumped the signal, tried to avoid hitting another vehicle, veered to the left and hit us from the side! although the footrest took most of the impact, the damage was done and evident!! this on day 1, a few minutes into driving the car home for the very first time!!

the only difference is, Then - because the sundaram motor driver was behind the wheels at the time of the accident, they repaired the damage at no cost!! Now - I have no choice but to live with that scratch on my fiesta's bonnet, lol!!

but yeah, agree with all your views, its a mad mad world out there!!
Old 16th September 2009, 11:22   #82
Senior - BHPian

When I seriously think about the scratches, I wish I were settled in a village with my Fiesta, having very few cars around. I would have no worries about parking, because the whole village is my parking yard, would have no worries about scratches, because the car is admired by everyone, no fear of road rages, because there is none having a 1.6 L engine ! Wishful thinking ? Thats not just a thought, thats my ultimate dream which I want to try after crossing 50 ! 13 years to GO ! Anyone wants to join me, we could have team-bhp meets in the paddy fields with tractors almost every weekend ! Remember the village you have seen in the SRK movie 'Billu' ?

Oh Raamki, please dont kick me out of your place for being OT. Where else can we share our wishes and dreams in life ?
Old 16th September 2009, 23:14   #83
BHPian

what an idea, sirji!! on the flip side, your car will probably be a playground for all the children in the village!!

lets see, 13 years from now, both of us will be 3 years into using our 2nd change car after the fiesta, lol!!

make sure you settle down in a village not too far away from bangy and ensure you have a fully covered shed to accomodate atleast 10 TBHP Cars!! we don't want people scratching our car's backs, lol!!
Old 17th September 2009, 13:51   #84
Senior - BHPian

Thank Krishna, Budha, Allah and Jesus you have changed your avatar !!

About 13 years down the line, what you said is very true, we might be atleast with the 2nd change after Fiesta. If you have seen the pictures of 2010 Fiesta (which is already in China), you will get another Cargasm like Franky. Its too good. So if thats the way FORD wants to keep the impression competitive as other brands, we might drive in to Metro and drive out in a new car from the same name. Here we have very limited choices from Ford. Check the US Ford site, what a long list of choices.
Ford Fiesta 1.6 Duratec ZXI, Platinum : Ownership Experience!-ford.jpg

My all-time favourites are Ford Taurus and Ford Escape. Wish they bring all these choices to India in the next 10 years. Until then we have our Fiesta !

And on the village part, I will make sure I have a fenced area where atleast 50 team-bhpians can comfortably park their beauties ! By that time, we might have above 1 lak team-bhpians in Bangalore alone.
Old 18th September 2009, 02:18   #85
BHPian

Taurus looks awesome!! Escape, really hope this will be Endeavour's replacement in India, love every bit of that SUV myself!!

lol, or you could just thank me for changing the avtaar!! looks a lot more brighter now, doesnt it?
Old 24th September 2009, 00:59   #86
BHPian

Multiple Thud's when braking.

Okay, we have a problem!!

enroute our journey back to bangalore from mysore earlier this week, i was doing an 80 kmph when i spotted a speed braker from a distance and started applying the brakes very gently (it was at a distance, did'nt really jam on the brakes at all). At about 30-40 kmph, when a little more force was applied on the brakes, i could hear loud 'thuds' coming from the back of the vehicle (from underneath the boot). Another speed breaker, same noise from the back. I pulled over to the service lane and tested the brakes, they were working normally. I intentionally got upto to 40kmph and jammed on the brakes in the service lane, the thuds were heard! the sound was very similar to someone hitting on a drum, 'thud thud thud thud' until the foot is taken off the brake!!

This happens towards the fag end of the braking, the noise isnt heard when i start braking, it comes on just seconds before the vehicle is about to come to a stop!! Again, no issues with the braking!!

so, am just wondering if someone here has experienced a similar problem, obviously it's going to be bought to the attention of ford during the first service but is there a cause for worry until then? considering i have a couple more months before it goes in for service and a trip to make to chennai for diwali?
Old 24th September 2009, 07:54   #87
BHPian

Raamki I would advice you to take it to the service center. Whenever the sound is prominent its better to address it immediately, could be a minor issue but have it fixed immediately. I always listen to my car and address its pains right away....

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Okay, we have a problem!!

enroute our journey back to bangalore from mysore earlier this week, i was doing an 80 kmph when i spotted a speed braker from a distance and started applying the brakes very gently (it was at a distance, did'nt really jam on the brakes at all). At about 30-40 kmph, when a little more force was applied on the brakes, i could hear loud 'thuds' coming from the back of the vehicle (from underneath the boot). Another speed breaker, same noise from the back. I pulled over to the service lane and tested the brakes, they were working normally. I intentionally got upto to 40kmph and jammed on the brakes in the service lane, the thuds were heard! the sound was very similar to someone hitting on a drum, 'thud thud thud thud' until the foot is taken off the brake!!

This happens towards the fag end of the braking, the noise isnt heard when i start braking, it comes on just seconds before the vehicle is about to come to a stop!! Again, no issues with the braking!!

so, am just wondering if someone here has experienced a similar problem, obviously it's going to be bought to the attention of ford during the first service but is there a cause for worry until then? considering i have a couple more months before it goes in for service and a trip to make to chennai for diwali?
Old 24th September 2009, 11:16   #88
BHPian

Calling metro ford to report this problem, updates to follow.
Old 25th September 2009, 15:12   #89

Raamki I hope that the problem is minor and things will be alright . This is offcially my 2nd post in this forum as I became a member yesterday. I have booked a Ford Fiesta SXI petrol on September 12th with Lathangi Ford. Reason for this choice is extensive research on Team-BHP and inspired articles from many people including Raamki , Shajufx , Vnabhi , Frankmehta to name a few . I am supposed to get delivery on 29th or 30th September . So my agonizing wait is on .
Old 25th September 2009, 15:31   #90
BHPian

@raamki - please keep us updated on any information you get back from Ford Service regarding the brake sound.

@esoteric - congrats and welcome to Go Fida Club.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks