Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2012, 11:45   #211
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Its back from service centre after 25 d

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Just booked a Nissan Sunny after TDing the Rapid, Sunny, Vento.

Did not even consider the Verna Fluidic. I have had enough of Hyundai.
Hi AbhiJ,
Did you consider the new fiesta? If space & price are your priority, then sunny makes sense. You should test drive the fiesta and you will be completely blown away with what it offers as a driver's car. And you could also bargain for a huge discount. Anyways, congrats on the Sunny. Its the Skoda superb of its segment when it comes to space.
Old 12th February 2012, 12:23   #212
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Its back from service centre after 25 d

Quote:
Just booked a Nissan Sunny after TDing the Rapid, Sunny, Vento.

Wow! i just went through this thread and appalled at the kind of response or rather no response Hyundai has meted out to you. I own a Tata car and i can say that the company's response to complaints is immediate, i always thought Hyundai was more professional. But i guess now they have lost a customer since you went to Nissan.

Congrats on the Sunny, many happy & peaceful miles for the future.
Old 12th February 2012, 16:47   #213
Senior - BHPian

Abhi ,
Glad the car is back with you.

Right now, Hyundai is all about Brilliant products with pathetic customer support & service !!!
kpzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 22:55   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Right now, Hyundai is all about Brilliant products with pathetic customer support & service !!!
Dude... whats so brilliant about the product?

i20:-
The A/c is a lesson in how NOT to make A/c's
Fuel Pump failure in a little over 2 years and less than 30 thousand kms?
Steering Noise issues were due to defective design.

I had an Accent CRDi before this, and although a little rough around the edges, that car was a brilliant product. 8 years, almost 70000 kms and I was genuinely sad to see it go. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...68000-kms.html

An 8 yr old Getz in the extended family still runs like new and the A/c still chills all occupant to the bone ... that is a great product.

I.M.O. Hyundai cars look much better than their previous generation, but quality seems to be declining.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 12th February 2012 at 23:01.
AbhiJ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th February 2012, 23:12   #215
BHPian

Hello,
I have been following the Hyundai i20 threads closely for almost a year now, and i completely agree with AbhiJ, it was a company which made good cars but i really see the quality declining as they have grown their market share in India, i remember one of other threads had also reported similar steering rattle and poor After sales service concerns, many had shot down those acquisitions including couple of my friends but with such cases on the rise, the fact is out here,
I personally was very keen on buying one but after reading such incidents, i am not sure if i would be interested in investing 7 lacs for this product
And by the way AbhiJ have you experienced any uneven Tyre wear which was also reported by some of the other users
Old 12th February 2012, 23:51   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had an Accent CRDi before this, and although a little rough around the edges, that car was a brilliant product. 8 years, almost 70000 kms and I was genuinely sad to see it go. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...68000-kms.html

An 8 yr old Getz in the extended family still runs like new and the A/c still chills all occupant to the bone ... that is a great product.

I.M.O. Hyundai cars look much better than their previous generation, but quality seems to be declining.
Hey i know what you have gone through, I'm not challenging that in anyway.

I'm not a brand freak, for me if one car is good, then its good, irrespective of the brand.

Brilliant because they are capable of capturing the customer.
Just an eg, I'm right now looking for a petrol sedan in the range of 8lacs.
Checked out Rapid/Vento/SX4/Sunny/ANHC/Fludic. Specifically, in that order, just to avoid the brand "H".
End result:
ANHC & Fluidic had the best overall package.
Fluidic's refinement, styling, fit and finish of the interiors were way ahead of the lot & makes you fall for it.

Similarly, test drive all hatchback in 6lac range and you will feel the same.
All the 3 issues you have mentioned are reliability issues, which can't be judged by test driving.

Pathetic because they are now unable to hold their loyal customers with their support & service. And, if it continues this way, it will hurt them in the long run for sure.

Like they say
" It take 10yrs to gain a customer, but it takes only 10mins to lose one"
Hyundai hope you are listening !!!

Last edited by kpzen : 13th February 2012 at 00:02.
Old 13th February 2012, 00:24   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Fluidic's refinement, styling, fit and finish of the interiors were way ahead of the lot & makes you fall for it.
100% Agreed with you there.

I bought the i20 for similar reasons. Refinement, styling, fit and finish of the interior.

When new, I thought it was the best car to buy, and that is why I bought it @ 7.3 lacs!!

I basically paid 1 to 1.5 lacs premium over say a Tata Vista (no offense intended to anyone) for quality, reliability and peace of mind!

But this magnitude of failure in design and reliability is unacceptable. (A/C, Fuel Pump, Steering)

The secondary failure is the customer service, and the speed/attitude with which the problem is dealt with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shridhar.s.i View Post
And by the way AbhiJ have you experienced any uneven Tyre wear which was also reported by some of the other users
My livelihood is making rubber components so I am very particular and careful about the tyres. Am using Michelin XM1+ tyres on the car since new.

I have then rotated, balanced and aligned them regularly. So no uneven wear issues on my car.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 13th February 2012 at 00:29.
AbhiJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 08:56   #218
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here!! *UPDATE* 29,000 kms! Fuel Pump & Injector fail

Quote:
Reason advised for failure : Normal diesel? Really? If that is true,
Normal diesel is what you should use for this car. The car's engine, injection system are all designed to accept regular diesel fuel. This is just Hyundai's way of trying to put the blame on you, in a slightly indirect way. I am sure, whatever the failure was, was not due to the gas you filled. But yeah, bad gas will cause failures like these so make sure you tank up from a gas station you know well.

There are so many diesel Hyundai's on the road and a majority of diesel cars use Bosch injection systems. If there was a serious flaw in Bosch's design, you would end up seeing nearly all diesel cars pilled up at service centres. It sure is a one off case of failure on your car. It is unfortunate that you or I will never know what really caused the failure.
Old 13th February 2012, 20:53   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Even thinking of buying the Verna would be line endorsing Hyundai's Pathetic A.S.S. One you give them your money, you are on your own in case you have issues with your car!!!!

Quote:

Completely agree with you on every point. We owned an Accent GLX for nearly six years, it was brilliant. Hyundai's arrogance with their new "i" series and their inability to address serious issues with the car is evident in the way they treat 2-3 year old customers. I guess its a part of their "new thinking, new possibilities" - Make flashy looking cars to hide the internal defects and poor on road behaviour.

Anyway, wish you many happy miles with your new Sunny and I do hope you put your disappointment with the i20 behind and have fun with the Sunny
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 21:49   #220
BHPian

I am planning to buy a diesel hatch and test drove i20 couple of times. But after going through this thread, I have second thoughts of buying it.

At Advaith Hyundai service on outer ring road, they have displayed some of the costliest parts of diesel cars just near the service area and urge the customer to go for extended warranty. Some of the parts prices are over 50k. Never thought that i20 parts would cost a fortune.

I am reconsidering my decision of purchasing i20 CRDI. I think owning and maintaining a diesel would be on the costlier side than a petrol car.
sabsubs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2012, 23:51   #221
Senior - BHPian

Update: SOLD!

Less that 3 yrs, Less than 34000 kms, and I sold this car.

This was my second and possibly last ever Hyundai. It was a good car, but Hyundai's arrogant attitude and its total lack of customer support made me sell it early.

Ever since last December, when the fuel pump fiasco happened, we had lost faith in the car and the cars reliability. Post failure, we were given no reason of failure. Instead we were just told, "you should have used premium fuel!"

Total horse manure! Had I told them I was using premium fuel, I am willing to bet they would have said I should have used normal!!

Hyundai does not even offer warranty on its diesel cars over 3 years. If the maker cant trust its own products reliability, how can the user? If the same failure were to re occur, I was looking at almost Rs. 100000 if repaired from a Hyundai authorized garage.

I could live with the asthmatic A/c and the rattling steering, but I couldn't live with unreliability. Hence I decided to part ways with it. How have two Japs in the garage, and hoping for a reliable motoring future

What I will miss about the i20:

1) The acceleration: Absolute rocket - brought a smile to my face everytime I floored it.

2) The brakes : 3 year old and still better than my brand new Nissan Sunny's

3) Interiors : Well designed, well made.

What I wont

1) The A/C in Summers

2) The ride in the rear seat (Now spoilt rotten by Nissan Sunny)

3) Overall space in the car (Now spoilt rotten by Nissan Sunny)

Parting pictures of the car follow.

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_161736.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_161840.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_161856.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_161918.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_161927.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_161954.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_162004.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_162009.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_162024.jpg

My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold-img_20120801_162032.jpg

Check out the tread on Michelin XM1's after 34000 kms.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 24th August 2012 at 23:55.
AbhiJ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 01:32   #222
Senior - BHPian

I was thinking of replacing my problematic VW Polo TDi with a Hyundai i20 and had remembered reading about injector failure somewhere. May be i didn't use the right key words so never got hold of this thread. Just then your update comes

After reading your thread,expenses involved and only 3 years of warranty on the car (VW gives 4yrs/1lakh kms),I'll stick to my Polo. A known devil is far better than an unknown one

All the best with your Sunny ownership!

Are those XM1s seriously 34k old !?
Old 25th August 2012, 03:37   #223
BHPian

Sorry, but just came through this thread and can't hold back my thoughts after reading your problem about the fuel injectors/ fuel pump. When I read your problem, every thing I went through in the last week of September 2011 came in front of my eyes.
I was a very happy owner of verna (dec 2006). The car had never had a single problem till that date ( almost 5 years). One evening while coming back to my parked car I cranked the engine but the car refused to start. This was the first time it happened. Next day morning I was taking the car to the authorized service center and the car stopped midway. It refused to start even after a lot of tries. I called up road side assistance and even they were not able to start the car. The car was towed away to the Service center. Now the saga begins.
I reached the authorized service center and stayed there till evening on the shop floor just to see what actually went wrong with my trusty verna. The engineers had no clue. There was no engine check light till then. I went home disappointed. Next day I went around 12 in the noon and the mechanics told me that there is a hope today and my car started once for 30 seconds and I cod get the car by the evening. When I asked if they figured out what the problem was they said that after he car started there is an error showing up in ECM and it's the problem in fuel injectors. They told me that this was an uncommon problem and they will clean up the injectors and see of it will work. It took a whole day for them to clean the injectors but were not able to complete it so I was asked to come the next day.
Next day I went around noon and my car was kept at a corner of the workshop and no one was attending it. I thought may be car has finally been repaired. The supervisor came and told me that they were still not able to start the car and they will have to change the injectors. When he told me about the total cost of repairs would be 1.25 lakh I was taken a back and met the GM and asked him what if the problem does not get rectified after they changed the injectors. It was a lengthy discussion but at the end, decision was that if changing the injectors won't solve the problem I won't be asked to pay for them and they will take them back and install my old injectors.
It took another 2 days for them to source the injectors and the result was as expected that the Ecm still showed error and the car was sill not starting. Now they told me that it could be a problem with the ECM. I asked it's price and the quote was around 80k. I asked them to replace my ECM with any other verna to test if the car starts. Being the early model there were none standing at the workshop. They did not have in stock too. Upon having a friendly chat while smoking with the supervisor he told me that I can get the ECM repared from outside at much cheaper cost. But he did not have details. I searched Internet and found one around Moti Nagar. I took the old ECM and went to the guy.
When he opened the ECM it was all burnt, black from inside just like coal. His face expressions confirmed that it was beyond repairs. He gave me original brand new ECM with a dispatch date of July 2011 at 8000 rupees!!
I took it back and as soon as it was fitted my car started in first crank!! He told me some one at the workshop has messed with the wiring, hence the ECM got burnt.
So in a nutshell the problem with your i20 could be because of the ECM. I read in one of your post that you mentioned that the rpms are a bit high initially and ECM will learn its way.
Any ways it was 30th September 2011 and Mahindra just announced the jaw dropping price of XUV. I sold verna even before getting XUV booked as I lost faith in the machine. To admit, till that day I was not even aware that mahindra was testing it for last 4 years and till that episode I was not even thinking of replacing my Verna. Infact I replaced the tyres in first week of September and the car barely ran 1000 KM before I let it go.

Last edited by rohitbagai : 25th August 2012 at 03:44.
rohitbagai is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th August 2012, 09:52   #224
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Are those XM1s seriously 34k old !?
Yup, honest 34k, 3 years
Old 25th August 2012, 11:40   #225
rbp
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Now Sold

@AbhiJ:- I am feeling sad, but then you must be feeling relieved that you got rid of the Hyundai. If you dont mind, can u reveal how much u bought it and sold it for? Just trying to gauge the resale value for this vehicle.

My i20 CRDI too had its break down recently, all of a sudden without any warning I saw the engine temp rise a lot, I observed this after a couple of days, I took it to the service guys and they told me that the Heater core is gone and will have to be replaced. It took them 3 days to order and get the heater core [Since I had opted for the extended warranty this thing was covered in it]. One more thing the stupid AC had altogether stopped working, they charged me 1395 Rs just for the AC servicing.

I also got the 30K servicing done, front brake pads replaced. All in all I had to shell out 11.5 K for the service, this inspite of me providing the engine oil.

Hyundai labour rates have gone through the roof.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks