Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2011, 21:29   #181
rbp
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here!! *UPDATE* 29,000 kms! Fuel Pump & Injector fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
Thank god I bought extended warranty for my i20 CRDI Asta (O) and it is valid till july 2012. I pray to god that if any problem of such kind is to crop up let it show before the expiry of warranty. I will go mad if I have shell out so much for repairs and replacement of parts.

Touch wood and may god have mercy on me. But is there any other way where one can extend warranty of the car beyond what is provided by the manufacturer. Hyundai provides only one year extended warranty to i20 CRDI. So anyone having information on getting further extended warranty please enlighten so that we can be benifitted.

I have to seriously think of selling off my car before the expiry of the extended warranty after hearing such horror stories of Hyundai ***.
+1. I am really concerned, is there any insurance company that takes care of such stuff, I dont mind paying some extra premium.
Old 17th December 2011, 23:49   #182
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here!! *UPDATE* 29,000 kms! Fuel Pump & Injector fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by patil View Post
I have to seriously think of selling off my car before the expiry of the extended warranty after hearing such horror stories of Hyundai ***.
Dont sell off just yet. According to the S.A. this is a one off case...

Lets see what the final result ...
Old 18th December 2011, 08:52   #183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ

Dont sell off just yet. According to the S.A. this is a one off case...

Lets see what the final result ...
I too feel this is a one off case . Agreed that the three pot diesel mills of Hyundai were unreliable. But these modern mills starting with 1.5 l monster on the old verna are complaint free for most of the times. There are few failures but hey even the 1.3 mjd has its own share of failures.

The only Achilles heel in Hyundai diesel is the turbo. It tends to fail on many cars. This is mainly linked to the over filling of engine oil during service. Every time they fill 5.3 litres without realising the fact that around 400 ml will be left in the oil sump even after draining oil fully. So filling the recommend amount will cause over fill which after a few cycles start affecting the turbo.

I recommend all the owners here to ask the service center to fill 5 litres of oil. If the dip stick shows less then additional oil.
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 09:55   #184
rbp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
I too feel this is a one off case . Agreed that the three pot diesel mills of Hyundai were unreliable. But these modern mills starting with 1.5 l monster on the old verna are complaint free for most of the times. There are few failures but hey even the 1.3 mjd has its own share of failures.
I dont mind a few issues, but the cost quoted for @AbhiJ's car 1.7 Lakhs is worrying factor. That is a very very big sum.
Old 19th December 2011, 10:24   #185
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp

I dont mind a few issues, but the cost quoted for @AbhiJ's car 1.7 Lakhs is worrying factor. That is a very very big sum.
Very true. But I think its very unlikely that all the injectors fail. This can be ascertained only after sending them to Bosch service center along with the high pressure pump . If it can be repaired then well and good.

I feel Hyundai rips customers when it comes to critical parts.
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:00   #186
rbp
BHPian

@AbhiJ :- Any updates ?
rbp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:05   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post

I recommend all the owners here to ask the service center to fill 5 litres of oil. If the dip stick shows less then additional oil.

Best is to change the oil and oil filter yourselves, it is a very easy job if one wants to do it and will save lot of worries

P.S we can fill any synthetic oil we want and not that same old servo the company offers
Old 23rd December 2011, 17:57   #188
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj.barcode

Best is to change the oil and oil filter yourselves, it is a very easy job if one wants to do it and will save lot of worries

P.S we can fill any synthetic oil we want and not that same old servo the company offers
Yes we can use any synthetic oil as long as it meets or exceeds manufacturers expectation.

The problem is these service after people bringing the warranty issue if we change the oil at our own discretion.

Funny thing . Advaith Hyundai in Bangalore says servo mineral oil is one approved by the company and no other oil must be used , using synthetic oil will lead to warranty issues. On the other hand Blue Hyundai says shell oil is Hyundai approved and also offers shell synthetic but charges above the mrp!

What do you do with such morons?
Old 23rd December 2011, 18:03   #189
Max
BHPian

I read in some other thread that fuel injectors for verna cost 28k in H.A.S.S. and cost only 8k in open market. Is that true?. With that theory parts suggested here should cost much much lower. Has anyone inquired in open market about the parts?.

also just read here about injectors prices in after market, bosch injector about 12k and bosch pump is about 40k in after market?. total cost is=(12x4+40)=88k.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post1813347

Last edited by Max : 23rd December 2011 at 18:06.
Old 23rd December 2011, 19:47   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
@AbhiJ :- Any updates ?

Saini Hyundai just told me another 15 - 20 days.

People at Hyundai Regional office refuse to take my calls, reject my calls, refuse to call back, refuse to reply to smses.

What are my options, legal and otherwise?

I just wrote to customer care again :

Dear Sir

We own a August 2009 i20 CRDi Asta. The car has run less than 29000 kms and is under extended warranty till August 2012.

The car has primarily been owner driven and has been maintained well. All servicing/filter/oil replacement has been done as per schedule at M/s Saini Hyundai. Fuel has been filled up at only one fuel pump where all other cars of our family also go for tanking up.

On 29th November, the car refused to start-up. The starter motor cranked but the engine did not start. Only after a two hour cool down time and multiple start-up attempts, the engine fired up. A new battery was installed by Exide Dealer.

On 2nd December, the problem resurfaced. The symptoms were as follows: The car started fine in the morning. But after driving 7-12 kms, and shutting the engine off, the car refused to start again for the next 2-3 hours.

Car was sent to M/s Saini Hyundai, Mominpur workshop on 5th December 2011 for complete diagnosis. The diagnosis was provided on 9th December 2011 as Problem in Fuel Pump and Fuel Injectors. I was informed the same will be covered under extended warranty.

M/s Saini Hyundai did not have the required parts in stock, and informed us that the defective pump and injectors will have to be sent to somewhere in Maharashtra before replacement is issued. The time for repair was quoted at 20 to 25 days.

I emailed Hyundai about this issue on 13.12.2011. I got the contact number for M/s Priyanka who I spoke to. She referred me to Mr. Roshan Singh who I also informed about the problem. I requested Ms. Priyanka and Mr. Singh for:

1) Expediting the process for sending the replacement Fuel Pump & Fuel Injectors. I offered to pay the air freight cost. Same was turned down.
2) Issue me a loaner vehicle in the meantime. This was denied.

A week passed and I spoke to Saini Hyundai yesterday ( 22.12.2011) and was informed that it would take another 15 to 20 days before I get my car back. I tried contacting Mr. Roshan Singh and Ms. Priyanka multiple times about this further delay but was unable to reach them. I called Mr. Singh on his mobile number at least 10 times, and all the times he did not pick up his phone. I SMSed him also but got no reply. I called Ms. Priyanka thrice on the landline number, and she did not come on the phone. I was promised a call back, but did not get one. I guess this is what M/s Hyundai calls "customer service".

This is our third Hyundai vehicle, the first being a Santro, and second an Accent Viva CRDi. Our relationship with Hyundai cars is over 11 years old. We bought the i20 CRDi immediately after launch since we associate Hyundai Cars with reliability. I posted pictures of the new car online in August 2009 on Team-BHP so others could also see and appreciate the vehicle. So far, over 56000 people have seen that thread on the forum. Please be aware that this is NOT a complaint against M/s Saini Hyundai. I have been sending my Hyundai cars to then for over 4 years now and I am in-fact 100% satisfied with their professionalism and honesty. The person in-charge – Mr. D Bhattacharya is very helpful and knowledgeable. The service offered by M/s Saini Hyundai is part of the reason I bought the Hyundai i20 in the first place. However, my i20 is barely two years old, and has undergone such a failure. Hyundai's attitude and time being taken to fix the vehicle are a huge disappointment.

It’s already been almost 3 weeks since the car was sent to Saini Hyundai. How am I supposed to manage for almost another month without the car? Why does the sending of replacement parts under warranty require 4 to 5 weeks? I request you to kindly provide a firm date by which I shall get my car back from M/s Saini Hyundai.

With thanks and best regards

Abhishek Jain
Old 23rd December 2011, 20:26   #191
BHPian

These delays are outrageous unless there is a real good reason behind it. These are definitively not difficult-to-source or uncommon parts.

I'm sure the same parts could fly-in within 3-5 days flat (even from Korea) if one were paying for it...Such has been my experience with Hyundai who has always been very good in sourcing parts which were out-of-stock in India.
Old 23rd December 2011, 22:27   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post

People at Hyundai Regional office refuse to take my calls, reject my calls, refuse to call back, refuse to reply to smses.

What are my options, legal and otherwise?
Go to this site: Hyundai Motor Company :: Home. Click the 'Feedback' link. Write to the boss himself. Send him a link to the relevant sections of this thread. Contact him on FB: H W Park | Facebook. And we'll keep our fingers crossed about a quick resolution to your issue.

Edit: Cyber audit page for HMIL: Contact Us. Email IDs of the concerned persons in India are here. Good idea to write to all of them.

Legal recourse is always there in the end.

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 23rd December 2011 at 22:36.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 08:36   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
[b]
I tried contacting Mr. Roshan Singh and Ms. Priyanka multiple times about this further delay but was unable to reach them. I called Mr. Singh on his mobile number at least 10 times, and all the times he did not pick up his phone. I SMSed him also but got no reply. I called Ms. Priyanka thrice on the landline number, and she did not come on the phone. I was promised a call back, but did not get one. I guess this is what M/s Hyundai calls "customer service".
These Hyundai fellows are notorious for this, avoiding/disconnecting calls. They don't realize that it is their duty and they are being paid to answer the customer. I too faced the same disgusting behaviour from Hyundai chaps when I had(still have) serious steering rattle issues and when the steering had malfunctioned in my i20. Sick & tired of it, I had to go to the consumer court.

A friend too was subjected to the same treatment regarding his i20 , i.e. his calls were not being answered/disconnected by Hyundai senior manager. He tried one more time to call him, again the Hyundai fellow did not answer the call. My friend immediately called the same Hyundai fellow from a STD booth. The Hyundai fellow answered and he got quite a mouthful from my friend. He was blabbering for excuses and did not what to say.

If you try being nice to them, they will take you for a ride, almost as if they have been trained to do so.
Old 24th December 2011, 09:09   #194
BHPian

Quote:

1) Expediting the process for sending the replacement Fuel Pump & Fuel Injectors. I offered to pay the air freight cost. Same was turned down.
2) Issue me a loaner vehicle in the meantime. This was denied.
Abhi on what grounds did they deny you a loaner vehicle. Its a shame on Hyundai. Also Fuel pump and injectors are the integral part of a vehicle. It is not supposed to fail at 29k KM. Do ask them for a detailed diagnosis report. Its your right to know what exactly happened. I truly feel sorry for you dude.
Old 24th December 2011, 10:03   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

AbhiJ, consider writing with full details of your case to the car magazines. Your case is completely unacceptable and am reasonably confident will have an impact on the numerous i20 CRDI owners in India.

I hope its not the beginning of a trend of injector failures like the infamous Accent CRDI engine's troubles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks