Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2011, 15:16   #151
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here!! *UPDATE* 29,000 kms! Fuel Pump & Injector fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
New battery installed last week.
New ones can go flat too...
Quote:
They do, but Hyundai has instructed them to dispatch to Maharashtra!
I would have understood if it was dispatched to Chennai, but the logic of sending to MH beats me! Or is your SA just bluffing to buy more time to diagnose the issue?
Quote:
They have no injectors/pumps in stock anyway!!
Quote:
Even with a replacement fuel pump...
Ask for the one they used to test, as a loaner...
Old 10th December 2011, 22:59   #152
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here!! *UPDATE* 29,000 kms! Fuel Pump & Injector fail

Quote:
EsteemLover @ Apparently the pumps seals have given away, due to which the pressure in fuel line is dropping... When cooled down abd then started, the pump still works perfectly.
Please also check the fuel pump relay which is VITAL, i did the same routine on my 13 year old Esteem 2 years back(it used to stop anytime only to start after a little rest) and after changing the fuel pump motor, found out that it was the relay which gets heated up and stops working, got one from the used market for 500 bucks and everything is fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
New ones can go flat too...

@SSTraveller, what makes you to think that the issue is with the battery, it was clear from the first post that the car cranks, but does not fire, right ?
Old 10th December 2011, 23:08   #153
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
@SSTraveller, what makes you to think that the issue is with the battery, it was clear from the first post that the car cranks, but does not fire, right ?
Wrong. Please read the owner's own words...
Quote:
...the cranking is extremely strained and late... as if the battery is flat...
Old 10th December 2011, 23:41   #154
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford5 View Post
So is the fuel pump and injector the only disadvantage of modern diesels? Or is this a One off case like the several One off cases of the accent CRDi diesel which used to pack up after 1.5 lakh km?

I sure hope its at least repairable.
One of my close friend had the same problem with his Accent CRDi after it had run 1,3 Lakh km. I thought Hyundai is over this, but sad to see that even the new gen engines are reporting injector and pump failures.
Old 12th December 2011, 12:55   #155
Senior - BHPian

Have sent Hyundai feedback via the online form, does anyone have any email ids I can sent the complaint to?
Old 12th December 2011, 21:24   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Update .... and its not a good one...

Car has been with the A.S.S. since 5th December (5 Days including today)

Final diagnosis :

1) Fuel Pump failure
2) Injector Failure

Approx Cost for new components as advised by A.S.S. : Rs 1.6 lakh!! 80000 for the pump!! 20000 for each injector!! However, if all goes well, thankfully it should be covered under extended warranty.

Time Required: 25 - 30 days more.

The pump and injectors will be sent to Bosch Authorized Guys somewhere in Maharashtra. They will examine the parts and then refurbish/replace.

All this, after 29000 kms, 2 years 4 months!! The car has been serviced as per manufacturer recommendations, at authorized A.S.S.

Fuel taken at only one petrol pump, where I have been tanking up since the last 5+ years and also tank up my CRV.

I bought a Hyundai for 7.4 lacs .. and the primary reason for the purchase was reliability. I am now without a car for a month!!

If this car is not designed to run on indian diesel, why sell it here? Even though I travel to the suburbs everyday, I only tank up at my regular pump at Alipore. What if I wouldn't have taken extended warranty?
The last line says it all. For those who refuse extended warranty on grounds that these few extra thousands are a huge waste of money, let them read the above post over...and over again.

Fate (good or bad) strikes everyone when they least expect and God forbid someone who happens to be hit by a Rs 1.6 lakh bill (in a car under 30 months old) simply because he/she found Rs 5-7k a waste of money.

Forget about the third and fourth year extended warranty, I have even paid Rs 2K extra as insurance for nil depreciation (Tata AIG), to ensure that I have 100% peace of mind when my family and I are inside our i10.
Old 12th December 2011, 22:32   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by misquitas View Post
The last line says it all. For those who refuse extended warranty on grounds that these few extra thousands are a huge waste of money, let them read the above post over...and over again.

Fate (good or bad) strikes everyone when they least expect and God forbid someone who happens to be hit by a Rs 1.6 lakh bill (in a car under 30 months old) simply because he/she found Rs 5-7k a waste of money.

Forget about the third and fourth year extended warranty, I have even paid Rs 2K extra as insurance for nil depreciation (Tata AIG), to ensure that I have 100% peace of mind when my family and I are inside our i10.
All said and done, no other diesel small car would have such exorbitant costs for fuel pump and fuel injectors. Its daylight robbery in my opinion.
Old 12th December 2011, 22:40   #158
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, You cannot get an extended warranty for i20 CRDi even if you want to, and even if you are ready to pay for it. It used to be same for Verna (prev generation) CRDi too. Am not sure of the latest Verna.
Old 12th December 2011, 22:41   #159
BHPian

Quote:
1) Fuel Pump failure
Have you installed a Tuning Box anytime in the past or been running one?

Quote:
2) Injector Failure
All 4 injectors failing at the same time is very unlikely...Are you sure HASS is not taking you for a ride?
Old 12th December 2011, 22:43   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
AFAIK, You cannot get an extended warranty for i20 CRDi even if you want to, and even if you are ready to pay for it. It used to be same for Verna (prev generation) CRDi too. Am not sure of the latest Verna.
But I thought AbhiJ's post clearly mentioned that he had taken extended warranty. Or have I missed something somewhere?
Old 13th December 2011, 00:08   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
Have you installed a Tuning Box anytime in the past or been running one?
Dont own any tuning box. Never have. The car is totally standard. No mod whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Vampire View Post
All 4 injectors failing at the same time is very unlikely...Are you sure HASS is not taking you for a ride?
I doubt they will. There is little to gain. I have been told this will be covered under warranty, so bloating the bill doesnt serve much purpose.

Maybe, there is a problem with 1/2 injectors, and they dont have the setup to check / clean them. So they are sending all 4. It is better safe, than sorry attitude. This is my guess.

Quote:
But I thought AbhiJ's post clearly mentioned that he had taken extended warranty. Or have I missed something somewhere?
i20 CRDi comes with 2 yr warranty. Extended was NOT available when I bought the car. However, couple of months later it was launched and I paid about 7.5k to extend my warranty for one year. After 3 years, there is no option of warranty coverage.
Old 13th December 2011, 00:14   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I doubt they will. There is little to gain. I have been told this will be covered under warranty, so bloating the bill doesnt serve much purpose.
Afaik, extended warranty is actually a form of insurance cover provided by a bank. So neither the dealership nor the company is technically paying for this.
The insurance provider does that.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 13th December 2011, 06:53   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Have sent Hyundai feedback via the online form, does anyone have any email ids I can sent the complaint to?
You can send email to cr@hmil.net
Old 13th December 2011, 07:10   #164
Senior - BHPian

AbhiJ, Hard Luck! But glad that you had taken the extended warranty.

Push for a donor car. I have a feeling HASS is going to take their own sweet time.

And, will Hyundai give additional warranty on the replaced parts?

Also, try and understand from HASS why this happened. Do you have (or know of) any other common rail Diesel vehicle which fill up from the same pump?
Old 13th December 2011, 23:04   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
AbhiJ, Hard Luck! But glad that you had taken the extended warranty.

Push for a donor car. I have a feeling HASS is going to take their own sweet time.

And, will Hyundai give additional warranty on the replaced parts?

Also, try and understand from HASS why this happened. Do you have (or know of) any other common rail Diesel vehicle which fill up from the same pump?
2 Indica Vista Diesels from my own family fill up at the same pump, and both are a little older than my car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks