Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2011, 10:35   #196
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here!! *UPDATE* 29,000 kms! Fuel Pump & Injector fail

I'd like to mark my support on this.
TBH, this is one of the reasons I didn't go for the Fluidic. I dont trust Hyundai reliability and particularly the Hyundai ownership of any issues. Hyundais dont age as well as the Japs
dingolphie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2011, 13:43   #197
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here!! *UPDATE* 29,000 kms! Fuel Pump & Injector fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Go to this site: Hyundai Motor Company :: Home. Click the 'Feedback' link. Write to the boss himself. Send him a link to the relevant sections of this thread. Contact him on FB: H W Park | Facebook. And we'll keep our fingers crossed about a quick resolution to your issue.

Edit: Cyber audit page for HMIL: Contact Us. Email IDs of the concerned persons in India are here. Good idea to write to all of them.

Legal recourse is always there in the end.
Thanks a lot. The feedback form requires a serial number to be entered before it can be filled, and its not accepting my VIN number for some reason.

Have written to all the email addresses.
Old 30th December 2011, 23:35   #198
Senior - BHPian

Its Back!!!

Got my car back today... exactly 25 days later.

The synopsis:
  • Car feels nice to drive. The idling speed seems a bit high right now but I guess the ECU will self learn.
  • Fuel Pump was not replaced. Apparently some seals had perished and the same was repaired.
  • None of the injectors were changed. Only cleaned and resent by the Bosch people.
  • Apparent cause of failure : I did not use premium fuel / turbojet. Normal diesel caused this failure. I have been strongly advised to use only premium fuel from now on.
The good
  • Car feels nice to drive. The idling speed seems a bit high right now but I guess the ECU will self learn/I ll reset it tomorrow.
  • Repair cost to me : Rs. 0.00
  • Saini Hyundai 10/10. Fantastic Service. Very prompt and honest. Nobody avoided my calls, and they kept me updated on all happenings.
The Bad
  • The premature failure. Reason advised for failure : Normal diesel? Really? If that is true, why aren't Hyundai advising this openly? In the user manual, at time of delivery or routine maintenance? In the newspapers? Why wait for failure? In fact at time of purchase I was strictly told to use normal diesel! Almost seems like they are passing the buck!
  • Time taken. What makes Hyundai think its acceptable to make customer wait for 25 days to change a couple of seals?? Its not exactly an engine rebuild. Why not have a authorized repair center in East India? Nevertheless, sending consignments to Mumbai from Kolkata takes 3 hours and Rs. 90/kg. What is the delay for? They need a lesson in logistics. I run a company 0.001 % of your size and I can still teach you a couple of things. Interested in lessons?
  • Hyundai India's attitude. 0/10. You have lost a customer. Period. I am not buying another Hyundai again. Company attitude/customer service is pathetic. Company employees avoid calls, cut my call, don't call back, don't reply to SMSes. Throughout this entire process, I was not rude to anyone, not even once. I just requested very politely! The lack of etiquette is shocking! I wrote to every email id I could find, but not a single call back from Hyundai? I can live with asthmatic A/c's and a rattling lifeless steering, but I don't wish to be treated with a beggar by 2 cent employees of a company who I paid 7 lakhs for a car. Go to Hell, HMIL. Seriously.
Thank you for reading/tolerating this rant.

Last edited by AbhiJ : 30th December 2011 at 23:43.
AbhiJ is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th December 2011, 23:42   #199
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
[*]The premature failure. Reason advised for failure : Normal diesel? Really? If that is true, why aren't Hyundai advising this openly? In the user manual, at time or routine maintenance? In the papers? Why wait for failure? In fact at time of purchase I was strictly told to use normal diesel! Almost seems like they are passing the buck!
Are they(Hyundai/Dealer/Bosch) ready to give this in writing? Most manufacturers have it clearly mentioned in the owner's manual to use only normal Diesel with CRDI engines. I have personally seen the service advisors' at HASS advising to use only normal Diesel(Quoting some internal circular from Hyundai) while attending black smoke complaints in Verna and Elantra.

Last edited by .anshuman : 30th December 2011 at 23:48. Reason: typo
Old 30th December 2011, 23:46   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Are they(Hyundai/Dealer/Bosch) ready to give this in writing?
I wont bet on it..

I cant reach Hyundai / Bosch. Hyundai people dont reply to emails/phone calls/ smses of us mere mortals. The service adviser has told me this. Official / Unofficial only God knows!
Old 30th December 2011, 23:49   #201
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Still my suggestion is use NORMAL DIESEL from a reliable pump.
Old 31st December 2011, 00:34   #202
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Its back from service centre after 25 d

The service advisor at Maruti strongly advise normal Diesel for MJD (aka DDiS). Maybe Hyundai CRDi s are a different breed altogether. The attitude of the OEM has been very snobbish in this particular case. Normally, they are known to provide decent service.
But good to see that you have your car back. Wishing you loads of happy miles.
Old 31st December 2011, 09:43   #203
rbp
BHPian

Re: My Hyundai i20 CRDi Asta is here! UPDATE- Its back from service centre after 25 d

Sigh! Finally it is back. The officials asking you to use premium fuel is BS, I would advice stick to normal fuel from a good bunk. Hyundai avoiding your calls in unpardonable, they have sold you a 7 lakh car they should listen to you.
Old 31st December 2011, 09:51   #204
Senior - BHPian

Every company, atleast FIAT, MAhindra & Toyota recommends normal diesel & not premium fuel, so I guess adulterated fuel maybe the reason.
Old 1st January 2012, 14:28   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Every company, atleast FIAT, MAhindra & Toyota recommends normal diesel & not premium fuel, so I guess adulterated fuel maybe the reason.
Agreed, there is a high chance of adulterated fuel, and I am going to change my pump. But the same pump has been serving regular diesel to 2 Indica Vistas in my family for the last 3 years .. no problems there.

Also, how can a user do anything about this not happening to him... out of warranty ?? I fueled up at only one (presumably reliable) pump, got regular servicing done, and got the fuel filters changed more frequent than recommended. Hyundai repaired my pump since it was under warranty, but if out of warranty, there is a high chance they would have insisted on a new pump.

Can I do any kind of check to see if the car has been run on adulterated fuel?

Last edited by AbhiJ : 1st January 2012 at 14:33.
Old 1st January 2012, 16:08   #206
BHPian

When I bought my I20, I was told to use normal diesel. I think these morons are just finding excuses to wash their hands off. I see the quality of hyundai customer service going down day by day. Maybe success got into their heads. People say Ford is expensive to maintain, but my fiesta has had a diet of normal and sometimes speed, but has never ever given me any trouble and has always cost less to maintain than my I20.

Last edited by shivasuma : 1st January 2012 at 16:19.
shivasuma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2012, 16:28   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivasuma View Post
When I bought my I20, I was told to use normal diesel. I think these morons are just finding excuses to wash their hands off. I see the quality of hyundai customer service going down day by day. Maybe success got into their heads. People say Ford is expensive to maintain, but my fiesta has had a diet of normal and sometimes speed, but has never ever given me any trouble and has always cost less to maintain than my I20.
When I bought my i10, I was told that the service cost would be around Rs1000, whereas now it costs me a bombshell Rs4000 per service. There will be no service manager or anybody who would attend to you when the car is given back. For what we pay, we should get something back to our satisfaction. Here at Mumbai, though I service my vehicle at *** of the Company at Cotton Green the response have been abysmally pathetic; treating you at par may be with some taxiwallahs who also give the vehicle for service. Very sad.
Old 11th February 2012, 11:08   #208
BANNED

Quote:
Dont sell off just yet. According to the S.A. this is a one off case...

Lets see what the final result ...
They always says so. In the case of steering rattle too this was their response to me. Then this came

Quote:
Its Back!!!
Glad to know its back after solving the problem.

Quote:
Hyundai India's attitude. 0/10. You have lost a customer. Period. I am not buying another Hyundai again. Company attitude/customer service is pathetic. Company employees avoid calls, cut my call, don't call back, don't reply to SMSes. Throughout this entire process, I was not rude to anyone, not even once. I just requested very politely! The lack of etiquette is shocking! I wrote to every email id I could find, but not a single call back from Hyundai? I can live with asthmatic A/c's and a rattling lifeless steering, but I don't wish to be treated with a beggar by 2 cent employees of a company who I paid 7 lakhs for a car. Go to Hell, HMIL. Seriously.
You are not alone. They have lost many other customers too including me.
Old 12th February 2012, 09:39   #209
BHPian

The pathetic service at A**, robbing clients of their hard earned money by charging for every service more than Rs4000, not updating customers as to what they have done in the vehicle during service (paid) and fear not to have the problems in the thread, my next car would definitely be not HYundai.
Old 12th February 2012, 10:07   #210
Senior - BHPian

Just booked a Nissan Sunny after TDing the Rapid, Sunny, Vento.

Did not even consider the Verna Fluidic. I have had enough of Hyundai.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks