Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2009, 07:55   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
All cars cabin heat up when you park car in sun and my experience is not different. Theoretically its correct that black absorbs heat quickly but my observation is the cabin becomes more hot (not because of black seat) than seat.

My personal observation is all luxurious cars have black or beige color seat covers. Black adds classy look and easy to maintain and anyhow you know that Ford AC is the super fine so in 2 - 3 min all heat goes. You bought Ford by listening to your Dil so go ahead and listen to what your Dil se and not to what your others
Thanks @ Kumar7 will be going later today to enquire about pricing and availability. Will be going for black stech today planning to suprise my wife and kids.
Old 21st December 2009, 10:42   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
What I recommend you is don't deal with your sales rep unless he is very co-operative and wish to save your money.

Initially I approached my Ford dealer's accessories dept but they were not aware of it and they said I need to purchase "EXI ornamental kit" costing 5.5K which includes hand brake chrome, sporty peddle, side door chrome handles.

I checked with other dealer and came to know that there is a possibility to get it separately though he was not confident and said that he need to check.

Last time when I visited Ford showroom to collect insurance paper at that time I approached there stores dept rather than accessories dept to check the availability of chrome door pads. They said its not available and placed order for me and they didn't put any restriction to buy whole kit
Can i get a Chrome Door handle for my coming SXI, saw the CIty VMT with chrome handles, it looks good.
can we have similar thing from Ford
Old 21st December 2009, 17:30   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Can i get a Chrome Door handle for my coming SXI, saw the CIty VMT with chrome handles, it looks good.
can we have similar thing from Ford
Ruchirtnt@ I believe you talking about external door handle. In Ford ornament kit you don't external chrome door handles. You may check with local shop if they have with them.
Old 21st December 2009, 17:57   #229
Senior - BHPian

However see that buying local chrome handle and fitting should not take away the beauty of the car. First see if the handle is matching?
Old 21st December 2009, 19:43   #230
BHPian

Ruchir, in my opinion, in the initial period, spend money in good perfumes/cleaning products etc to spruce up the interiors for that extra luxury comfort. Forget about exterior looks..you will be sitting inside, isn't it. Later on, when you get bored, try sprucing up bit-by-bit. Of course, it is upto you.

For example, I have already complained to my dealer about the chrome decklid handle today..the color has turned yellowish with lot of dried rainwater marks (maybe becos of chennai rainy weather). Showed the dealer. They did some polishing with a rubbing compound (Waxoyl) but did not have any effect. Now they have agreed to replace with a new one under warranty. I am holding back for end of this month so that Jan 1st week will go to them with a list of all issues. Planning to do the Waxoyl paint protection / Cavity Treatment / Motorcare Treatment during that time.
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:18   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Ruchir, in my opinion, in the initial period, spend money in good perfumes/cleaning products etc to spruce up the interiors for that extra luxury comfort. Forget about exterior looks..you will be sitting inside, isn't it. Later on, when you get bored, try sprucing up bit-by-bit. Of course, it is upto you.

For example, I have already complained to my dealer about the chrome decklid handle today..the color has turned yellowish with lot of dried rainwater marks (maybe becos of chennai rainy weather). Showed the dealer. They did some polishing with a rubbing compound (Waxoyl) but did not have any effect. Now they have agreed to replace with a new one under warranty. I am holding back for end of this month so that Jan 1st week will go to them with a list of all issues. Planning to do the Waxoyl paint protection / Cavity Treatment / Motorcare Treatment during that time.
Thanks sanjay for the input,
Planned the following things after consultation with the salesguy:
1. Matting
2. Mud flaps
3. Body cover
4. EW
5. Garware Sunfim and Sunshield
My own choice
1. Nokia Charger
2. Cigrette lighter (saw one available in honda showroom cost 800, but was fabulous)

Will go for sports pedal kit, scuff plates and spoiler later (means when it is available at dealership)
Old 22nd December 2009, 15:53   #232
BHPian

Ruchir, before going for the charger, please check the position of the 12V socket. It is underneath the dashboard and a long one will create issues inserting/taking out. I already had a charger with a usb-cable connector which I used in Ikon for my iPhone charging but in Fiesta, inserting the charger and then connecting the usb cable on top of it, it can be barely managed.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:13   #233
Senior - BHPian

@ruchir

Nokia charger

There are multiple charger(5 in 1) available (see my thread -pge 8,for photographs) which may be usful, incase you had to change the handset in the future (it can be used for nokia,samsung,Lg, motorola etc)> The price was Rs.232 and I got it from ebay.
Old 22nd December 2009, 16:47   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
@ruchir

Nokia charger

There are multiple charger(5 in 1) available (see my thread -pge 8,for photographs) which may be usful, incase you had to change the handset in the future (it can be used for nokia,samsung,Lg, motorola etc)> The price was Rs.232 and I got it from ebay.
Being a diehard nokia phone, iam planning to go for a original nokia mobile charger.
Old 22nd December 2009, 17:03   #235
Senior - BHPian

Where can i get an aux in cable to connect my ipod, do these car parlours keep it.
Old 22nd December 2009, 20:25   #236
BHPian

Ruchir, walk into any audio or computer electronics store..you will get it..like sony/samsung showrooms or even in you local computer market. See my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1643544 with pictures of the cable.

Ask for a 3.5 mm stereo audio jack..ensure to take your ipod to see if one end is fitting properly/fully in the place where ipod headphone/earphone is inserted. Some ipod model has an issue where it does not fit properly..in such cases, the audio input to the aux port will be useless quality.
Old 22nd December 2009, 22:36   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjayc View Post
Ruchir, walk into any audio or computer electronics store..you will get it..like sony/samsung showrooms or even in you local computer market. See my post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1643544 with pictures of the cable.

Ask for a 3.5 mm stereo audio jack..ensure to take your ipod to see if one end is fitting properly/fully in the place where ipod headphone/earphone is inserted. Some ipod model has an issue where it does not fit properly..in such cases, the audio input to the aux port will be useless quality.
Thanks i will keep that into account, will visit any dealer tomorrow for the aux in support
Old 3rd February 2010, 13:29   #238
Senior - BHPian

Could you please suggest me which Engine oil is good for fiesta petrol during the first service,
Old 3rd February 2010, 14:11   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Could you please suggest me which Engine oil is good for fiesta petrol during the first service,
ruchir, engine oil change is not required in the first service. I would suggest that you follow Ford's recommendation. They know their cars best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks