Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2009, 14:07   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
I enjoy drive in 3 - 4 - 5 gear!
The turbo triggers well before 2K so car always keep you at that level from where the excitement curve goes up and up only
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
.....we don't have to push the pedal hard, let the turbo build up and she vrooms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
May be because of the Turbo effect in the FIESTA makine driving so elegant..
Thanks
I've read some where that the turbo in Fiesta is a "soft" turbo. Even though I don't remember the exact boost pressure it provides, it is not a high value. Imagine how much more fun it would be if the turbo could be replaced with one that provides more boost, and a Petes chip
Old 8th October 2009, 15:29   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I've read some where that the turbo in Fiesta is a "soft" turbo. Even though I don't remember the exact boost pressure it provides, it is not a high value. Imagine how much more fun it would be if the turbo could be replaced with one that provides more boost, and a Petes chip
+
Exactly, it seems in the owners manual, nothing specifically mentioned about the Turbo matter,.
Old 8th October 2009, 18:09   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Unni, I agree Fiesta have a soft turbo, but she pulls efficiently above 1750 rpm especially in 3rd and above gear (Sorry, you know better than me, i'm just sharing initial experience and observation), I know shifting to higher gears plays important part, but personally I tried to wait till rpm reaches 1750 and above in higher gears and I found engine is more free and efficient above 1750 rpm.

Btw : Unni, are you planning for pete's chip.

@ Nairrk : Diesel do have turbo, I don't know about petrol.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:00   #124
oss
BHPian

Quote:

Well if the turbo gets bigger, and then the lag will be considerable a-la Verna or Optra Magnum/Cruze. The highway driving will be fun but the city drivability will take a hit.

BTW, has anyone in the forum gone for Pete's chip? Eager to hear their feedback. It will be one hell of an investment, i guess
Old 8th October 2009, 20:08   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Unni, I agree Fiesta have a soft turbo, but she pulls efficiently above 1750 rpm especially in 3rd and above gear (Sorry, you know better than me, i'm just sharing initial experience and observation), I know shifting to higher gears plays important part, but personally I tried to wait till rpm reaches 1750 and above in higher gears and I found engine is more free and efficient above 1750 rpm.

Btw : Unni, are you planning for pete's chip.

@ Nairrk : Diesel do have turbo, I don't know about petrol.
Pulls, yes she does, and like you rightly said, above 1750-1800RPM she pulls well. And the way you are shifting is also right. Its better to take it upto ~2000RPM range and then shift. That'll ensure that you don't fall of the powerband. The petrol Fiesta doesn't have a turbo.

I wish I had the finances to go for a Petes chip. I'd have loved to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Well if the turbo gets bigger, and then the lag will be considerable a-la Verna or Optra Magnum/Cruze. The highway driving will be fun but the city drivability will take a hit.

BTW, has anyone in the forum gone for Pete's chip? Eager to hear their feedback. It will be one hell of an investment, i guess
True that. City driving comfort is one of the forte of Fiesta.
Old 8th October 2009, 20:51   #126
oss
BHPian

Quote:

I wish I had the finances to go for a Petes chip. I'd have loved to.
Wonder why the Pete's box is particularly costly in Fiesta's case. I see it priced on par with the other models in UK/Europe.

Thinking of asking someone to buy it for me on bring it over, but before that, want to get some feedback from someone using it in their Fiesta.

Hello.......Anybody there?

Last edited by oss : 8th October 2009 at 20:53.
Old 8th October 2009, 21:08   #127
Senior - BHPian

So we have a bunch of members looking for Petes here !! I wish I could make them at home. Right time to make some quick bucks ! So you guys are not happy with the engine power ?

My Petrol fiesta is struggling to find a free stretch to use its full potential, but sadly I have not found a road within the city where we can even try the 5th gear (off-peak hours possible). May be the new airport road has its potential, but there we have the 80km restriction which is easily crossed within 10 seconds. So, I reach that 80 as quick as possible and rest my right foot on the floor, what else can we do ? So, taking fiesta to the highway is like giving full freedom to the engine.
Old 8th October 2009, 21:37   #128
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
So we have a bunch of members looking for Petes here !! I wish I could make them at home. Right time to make some quick bucks ! So you guys are not happy with the engine power ?

My Petrol fiesta is struggling to find a free stretch to use its full potential, but sadly I have not found a road within the city where we can even try the 5th gear (off-peak hours possible). May be the new airport road has its potential, but there we have the 80km restriction which is easily crossed within 10 seconds. So, I reach that 80 as quick as possible and rest my right foot on the floor, what else can we do ? So, taking fiesta to the highway is like giving full freedom to the engine.
80km in 10sec That's approaching escape velocity mate. You will be out of earth's atmosphere in no time.

Drive carefully

Last edited by oss : 8th October 2009 at 21:39. Reason: Typo
Old 8th October 2009, 22:12   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Not exactly, but you know 'yeh dil maange more', we have the member who have petefied Verna - 110 Bhp, also one member petefied newly launched Fortuner - 169 Bhp, as Lamborghini have mentioned earlier diesel Fiesta keeps the pace with petrol Fiesta till 90 kmph, usually we drive in band of 80 to 100 kmph on highway, she pulls smoothly till 120 kmph, top speed attained by diesel Fiesta is 177 kmph in road test by 'CarWale' team.

We are happy with diesel Fiesta, and makes us more happy due to less visit to fuel station, but we were discussing, as I said 'Yeh dil always maange more'.

Btw : happy to know you are enjoying your car.
Old 8th October 2009, 22:22   #130
BHPian

Quote:
usually we drive in band of 80 to 100 kmph on highway, she pulls smoothly till 120 kmph, top speed attained by diesel Fiesta is 177 kmph in road test by 'CarWale' team.
177kmph Oh My God!! Was the test conducted on a downward slope?!! Fiesta D does pull pretty well till 120kmph, and I've read that after 120kmph its sluggish (I've gone above 120kmph only once, and that too just to touch 140kmph). At 68BHP, Fiesta D is under-powered when compared to its Petrol sibling or a few other diesel rivals. But it makes up for it in mileage and driveability. Till date, I've not felt it is under-powered, the way I feel is that it is right-powered!! Or is that the Fiesta owner in me speaking
Like the saying, you don't get everything in life!!
Old 8th October 2009, 22:46   #131
BHPian

Quote:
177kmph Oh My God!! Was the test conducted on a downward slope?!!
Unni, sorry they have achieved 171 kmph during road test, I am unable to put link as I'm posting from Nokia E90 mobile, but you can go to their road test section and check, they might have tried on straight road.
Old 9th October 2009, 10:09   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Unni, sorry they have achieved 171 kmph during road test, I am unable to put link as I'm posting from Nokia E90 mobile, but you can go to their road test section and check, they might have tried on straight road.

Probably,not only straight road, but some forest area I mean lonely area otherwise how come one can push the vehicle at that speed as every minute you will find a autoriksha or a two wheelers comes in front and turn here or there as per their will without any signal. You will lose the patience but who cares !
Thanks
Old 9th October 2009, 14:13   #133
BHPian

Quote:
No Rajesh, it was more of a shock for me. I was not questioning your statement (sorry if it came out so). I never thought that a Fiesta D can go above 160kmph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Probably,not only straight road, but some forest area I mean lonely area otherwise how come one can push the vehicle at that speed as every minute you will find a autoriksha or a two wheelers comes in front and turn here or there as per their will without any signal. You will lose the patience but who cares !
Thanks
I know!! Even on 4lane divided highways it takes so much of effort to maintain a 100kmph with all these happening.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:37   #134
BHPian

Quote:
No Rajesh, it was more of a shock for me. I was not questioning your statement (sorry if it came out so). I never thought that a Fiesta D can go above 160kmph.
Unni, I never felt you are questioning my statement, don't feel sorry. I'll put it other way, as we are on public forum, the aspirant members or non members should know the fact (I don't recommend to drive at high speed, personaly I prefer speed between 80 - 100 kmph on highway), they should know the pros and cons of car, as I will be getting mature with car, I'll share both pros and cons. In my case your and Lambo thread helped me to choose Fiesta, as I was not looking for speed but driving pleasure with decent overall package.
Old 9th October 2009, 17:27   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
80km in 10sec .. That's approaching escape velocity mate. You will be out of earth's atmosphere in no time. Drive carefully
A 100 km is achieved in 13.5 seconds in a Petrol 1.6 if my memory is correct. So 80 km in 10 seconds is normal when you are in the front row of a signal, waiting to see GREEN. I have done this several times on the outer ring road and the airport road. Its a pleasure to see and hear our fiesta revved like a rocket without harming anyone, being within the legal limits. I wish the new airport road was a full-fledged, signal free 8 line express way with a speed limit of 140kmph. I could reach the departure area in 12 mts flat ! Drop someone and return home in 30 mts flat !!! Sounds like a dream.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks