Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2009, 12:53   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
After another half hour debate he agreed for Scuff plates so now the deal got finalized -
  • On road price - Rs 8.05 L
  • Basic accessories (Mud flap + Boot map + Floor mat)
  • Sports pedal
  • Scuff plates
  • Side chrome strips
Congrats.
Missed Spoiler in this list.
Enjoy and drive safe
Old 24th August 2009, 20:21   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hey kumar,

my negotiations are still on. am pitching 1 dealer against the other, and wow, what effect that has... there is still a lot of scope for negotiations i feel.

do keep me updated on the sun film and reverse parking sensors (brand, cost, fitting, etc).

thanks
Thats great news that you still have bandwidth for negotiation. In Pune we have two Ford dealers so it obvious that if you tell one that I am getting better deal than you so he knows from whom I am negotiating.

In my case the Sales Manager was looking very helpless to negotiate it further or he may be really a good Sales Person who manage to convince me

But I think I got the best offer which I could get from Pune dealers. Pushing dealer for accessories if you don't see any other option of getting cash discount was a good trick you suggested and for me it worked very well.

Currently I am behind sanctioning the loan from SBI as its very tedious and lengthy process than Private Banks have.

Once I through with it then I will re-start my accessories research. BTW when you planning to take the delivery? If you planning for Dashera than you need to take quick decision!
Old 24th August 2009, 21:05   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aks_karthik View Post
Congrats.
Missed Spoiler in this list.
Enjoy and drive safe

Thanks Buddy! Yeah I missed to mention Sports Spoiler in above list.
Great observer
Old 24th August 2009, 22:57   #34
oss
BHPian

Quote:
He said he almost stretched his limits and he can’t provide reverse sensor & scuff plates. As per the manager the deal he gave me is just with a hope that couple of more cars will get booked from the company where I work.

After another half hour debate he agreed for Scuff plates so now the deal got finalized -
  • On road price - Rs 8.05 L
  • Basic accessories (Mud flap + Boot map + Floor mat)
  • Sports pedal
  • Scuff plates
  • Side chrome strips
Man, I have lot to learn from you on negotiation.

Well, by the way after year long research and watching from the sidelines and hoping against hope for Honda to see some sense in their offering, finally decided to ditch ANHC and will soon be taking a plunge into Fiesta TDCi

I am going in for the SXi version (purely because of Airbag) as i don't like the looks of the chrome rear view mirror and the front grill that much.

Anyway, the dealer has offered me an OTR of Rs.8.69 lacs which includes the extended warrantly and essential pack. No other extras.

Looking at your thread i think there is immense scope for negotiation. I live in Chennai and the ex-showroom price here is Rs.7.99lacs for the SXi version.

I am currenlty negotiating with MPL Ford. If anyone one in Chennai knows how to extract a better deal from MPL guys, pls let me know.

BTW, Kumar7 - where do you work? May be i should try that trick as well to extract little more Corporate discount.
Old 25th August 2009, 00:00   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Man, I have lot to learn from you on negotiation.

Well, by the way after year long research and watching from the sidelines and hoping against hope for Honda to see some sense in their offering, finally decided to ditch ANHC and will soon be taking a plunge into Fiesta TDCi

I am going in for the SXi version (purely because of Airbag) as i don't like the looks of the chrome rear view mirror and the front grill that much.

Anyway, the dealer has offered me an OTR of Rs.8.69 lacs which includes the extended warrantly and essential pack. No other extras.

Looking at your thread i think there is immense scope for negotiation. I live in Chennai and the ex-showroom price here is Rs.7.99lacs for the SXi version.

I am currenlty negotiating with MPL Ford. If anyone one in Chennai knows how to extract a better deal from MPL guys, pls let me know.

BTW, Kumar7 - where do you work? May be i should try that trick as well to extract little more Corporate discount.

OSS@ Hope you buying Diesel SXI and the on road price of it in Pune is 9.12L

From this you need to minus insurance (19K) & corporate discount (7K)

For Diesel the corporate discount is half.

So the dealer offering in Pune will be somewhere around - 8.86L

Not sure what basic on road price dealer offered you first and then on what are deduction he did which brought him on 8.69L?

In my list I forgot to mention about Sports Spoiler which I manage to get free AKS cought my mistake

It was managers perception and I didn't said that staff from my company will buy your product.

Last edited by kumar7 : 25th August 2009 at 00:04. Reason: About your last query -
Old 25th August 2009, 09:48   #36
oss
BHPian

Quote:
OSS@ Hope you buying Diesel SXI and the on road price of it in Pune is 9.12L

From this you need to minus insurance (19K) & corporate discount (7K)

For Diesel the corporate discount is half.

So the dealer offering in Pune will be somewhere around - 8.86L

Not sure what basic on road price dealer offered you first and then on what are deduction he did which brought him on 8.69L?

In my list I forgot to mention about Sports Spoiler which I manage to get free AKS cought my mistake

It was managers perception and I didn't said that staff from my company will buy your product.
Yes; i am buying SXi Diesel. The onroad price here at Chennai is 8.92, which works out to a discount of 23k.

He has actually given a 41 discount on ex-showroom price, but somehow the total works out to a discount of 23k only. May be he has jacked up the Reginstration, Lifetime Tax, EP & EW component (84k).

What is the amount charged for Essential Pack & Extended Warranty for you?

Guess i need to push him on the accessories part now.
Old 25th August 2009, 21:56   #37
BHPian

Its strange that dealer giving you discount on showroom price. Please check all papers before going ahead just to remain on safer side. I was following regular threads on Fiesta but never came across such discount.

This was happened only in the month of December December and that was I think on limited stock clearance but it was officially declared by Ford.
Old 26th August 2009, 18:48   #38
BHPian

hi kumar,

have finally booked my fiesta. see my thread for details.

wanted to check one thing - is a teflon coat necessary for new car. am getting conflicting reports on this. Am afraid of losing the shine of the new car (if the teflon thing is not done properly)

whats ur take on this? did u get this done?

thanks !!
Old 26th August 2009, 19:53   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
hi kumar,

have finally booked my fiesta. see my thread for details.

wanted to check one thing - is a teflon coat necessary for new car. am getting conflicting reports on this. Am afraid of losing the shine of the new car (if the teflon thing is not done properly)

whats ur take on this? did u get this done?

thanks !!
Congratulations Ashish!

So finally you cracked the deal

I followed all thread and everywhere its suggested not to go for Teflon coating as it damages the colour if you get scratch. I read this in one of the thread which which explicitly talks about teflon coating. And most of buyers dropped idea to have teflon coat so you ask your dealer to swap it with some other accessories of same price.

If its costing somewhere around 8 - 9K then you can go for : -
Leather Seat covers (4000/-) + Parking Sensor (Red Sol or soul 3K - not sure @ Raamki fitted this one)

Make sure you get accessories of same price of which Teflon is or even more than it.

You mentioned about spoiler -- Is it with LED because that costs 2K and if you go for 1.6S spoiler it costs 7 - 8K. (Provided if like that)

Happy waiting!!
So when is the delivery and please do mention price of each accessory which you got free just need to understand how much %age of profit dealer shared from his quota.
Old 27th August 2009, 01:00   #40
BHPian

Little updates :-

Yesterday I got receipt by fax against the payment which was done for my old car. I am thankful that inspite of paying whole amount to dealer they allowing me to use the car for a month!

My office is in other direction so not able to pick the receipt and the sales rep till date showing full dedication so till date I can say that over all good experience and hope this remains till I get delivery of my Josh Machine.

Today I submitted all papers with SBI and they said for a/c opening it takes 10 days

Also in parallel to that my loan will progress and that will take 20 days

Now dont know if this will going to delay my delivery or what. Keeping finger crossed and hoping for the best!
Old 27th August 2009, 10:57   #41
BHPian

Hey Kumar,

As per dealer brochure, the Teflon is for 3.5K, so will try to squeeze in the reverse parking sensor...

the sxi comes with leather seats. so seat covers will not be necessary.

Thanks.
Old 28th August 2009, 10:50   #42
BHPian

Hi Kumar,

Congrats for booking 'Beista' beauty. Even I booked Feista 1.4 D SXi, Platinum on 20th Aug and taking delivery on 28th Sept (Same like you - dashera).

I booked from other dealer on airport road, the reason to book from this dealer, 1st near to my residence, 2nd one of my close friend relative is working at this dealer service centre as works manager who in detail elaborated me how fiesta is good car, reasonable spare parts (they have cut the spare parts cost and have shown comparison with Verna and ANHC) and personally assured best A * *.

About Discount and Freebies I have mentioned in 'I booked my car' thread.

Thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 20:51   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Hi Kumar,

Congrats for booking 'Beista' beauty. Even I booked Feista 1.4 D SXi, Platinum on 20th Aug and taking delivery on 28th Sept (Same like you - dashera).

I booked from other dealer on airport road, the reason to book from this dealer, 1st near to my residence, 2nd one of my close friend relative is working at this dealer service centre as works manager who in detail elaborated me how fiesta is good car, reasonable spare parts (they have cut the spare parts cost and have shown comparison with Verna and ANHC) and personally assured best A * *.

About Discount and Freebies I have mentioned in 'I booked my car' thread.

Thanks

Hi Rajesh!
Congratulations & am sure you will be enjoying waiting like me
So now like me you also might be doing research for accessories and all as this is time when we can do research rather than running at 11th hour.

Happy waiting!

Cheers
Old 28th August 2009, 23:00   #44
BHPian

Tyre Upgrades

As mentioned earlier things till now going as I planned and hopefully everything will go smoothly

As everyone is aware that Michelin Rebook bag costing Rs 2050/- is going on and valid till 31st of this month. So wanted to pay the dealer to enjoy benefit of 2K (Not sure if this rebook bag is really costing that much).

Anyways, I was going through few threads on BHP forum to understand which dealer in Pune can provide better cost for Fiesta stock tyres. So gave a try and checked with dealer recommended and that saved my another Rs 700/-.

Now here is the deal I got -

Michelin 185/65/R 14 XM1+ = Rs 3650/- per tyre
Dealer purchased MRF stock tyre for Rs 2690/- per tyre
This includes Wheel alignment & load balancing.
Dealer offered Nitrogen filling as complementary!

So for 5 tyres I need to paid Rs 4800/- difference and got Reebok bag worth Rs 2050/-

Query -

Not sure if filling Nitrogen is wise decision though tyre dealer says that I adds comfort to your drive.
Does this mean that after this I cannot go for normal air for my tyres?
As per tyre Dealer nitrogen air lasts for around 1.5month!
Old 28th August 2009, 23:34   #45
BHPian

Thanks buddy, As SXi variant comes fully loaded (Leather seats, Alloy wheels, Chrome Strip, Leather steering cover etc) I have less options for accessories of my choice, at present I'm interested in reverse parking sensor and tyres.

Even I would like to upgrade stock tyres to Michelin 185/65/R14 XM1+, can you share or PM me the details of dealer where you finalised the deal for tyre exchange.

Have you decided about reverse parking sensor, I am thinking to get one like Raamki got in his car - Red Soul, If you have any better idea please let me know.

Thanks

Most Viewed