Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2009, 15:08   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
Got it Kumar. Thanks. Please post some pics with the new seat covers. Whats is this stec material? Is it some kind of leather?
There are different variants of leather in Stanley like - Stech > Classic > Satin > Nappa (Price increases as you move to higher variant)

I initially thought to fit Classic leather but it comes in again 2 variants - (a) Full leather (b) Partial leather (only on front side). Same applicable for Satin & Nappa as well.

Stech - cost you in range of 15 - 18K
Classic Full leather = 25 - 28K
Classic partial leather = 22 - 23K
Satin = 30K+
Nappa = 40 - 50K

Stech is mix of leather + artificial leather with 0.9mm thickness.
On gear knob & steering wheel, you can't expect machine stitching the way people in Bangalore get because Stanley is based at Bangalore.

The steering stitching is not done the way Stanley people do rest is fine and am happy for what I paid.

Yesterday when I visited Ford service station there I checked few old SXI having beige leather seats which lost all color and became black. So looking at them I felt like I took right decision by selecting black color (I don't mean to say beige is bad but its difficult to handle even though it gives rich look).

When I took control of steering after seat cover fitting it was totally different feeling and I felt as if am sitting in S class Merc & its no more poor Mens Merc

Last edited by kumar7 : 1st November 2009 at 15:14.
Old 1st November 2009, 17:06   #182
Senior - BHPian

Yes, It is your S class merc., because you Own it, proud of it, and finally enjoy it ?

Thanks
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:07   #183
BHPian

hey kumar,

congrats man. the spoiler really makes the car look more drooling. even the seat covers are fine. I personally dont like the black color, but again its a matter of choice. the finishing is nice

just one point - your spoler is different from what i got. Yours is the same as one available on the "S" version - i just checked it. not sure which one i got? The dealer told me he fitted an original ford spoiler

Have posted some pics for comparsion

any one has any clue on why there is a difference in the spolers
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-s5031663t.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-blue-2.jpg  

Old 2nd November 2009, 18:23   #184
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
any one has any clue on why there is a difference in the spolers
Ashish, the 1.6 S version has a unique spoiler which Ford does not offer to any other variant. I am not sure of the new SXI though. The stock spoiler that comes with the Fiesta is what you see in the aquarius blue, one which is provided as accessory to other variants is what you see in the platinum. Again its all different from what you get after-market. Most of them comes with break lights fitted in. They look cuter too, but fitting and finish will never match with the original Ford spoiler. They are cheaper and the most common complaint is paint chipping off and the installation getting lose after a while.

Last edited by shajufx : 2nd November 2009 at 18:25.
Old 2nd November 2009, 18:25   #185
BHPian

These are two different spoilers. One is a Ford Spoiler (Kumar's) Which costs around 8000 and the other one is a Sports Spoiler (Ashish's) which costs around 12000. Some people in this forum have said that the sports spoiler comes only with 1.6S and cannot be bought seperately. However, my dealer gave me a quote for both these spoilers.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:24   #186
Senior - BHPian

Jack is right. Ford has two seats of spoilers. A unique one on the S and another one for the rest. Dealers are not supposed to fit the S spoiler on non-S cars, but no dealer is going to pass along the chance to make an additional 4K.
Old 2nd November 2009, 19:46   #187
BHPian

Quote:
just one point - your spoler is different from what i got. Yours is the same as one available on the "S" version - i just checked it. not sure which one i got? The dealer told me he fitted an original ford spoiler
Don't worry Ashish, your spoiler is also original which Ford normally sells
I liked the S spoiler & by looking at price I found its costlier so I demanded dealer to provide costly spoiler under free accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheCrack View Post
These are two different spoilers. One is a Ford Spoiler (Kumar's) Which costs around 8000 and the other one is a Sports Spoiler (Ashish's) which costs around 12000. Some people in this forum have said that the sports spoiler comes only with 1.6S and cannot be bought seperately. However, my dealer gave me a quote for both these spoilers.
Jack@ I think you mean to say otherway round, I have sports spoiler & Ashish have Ford spoiler
Old 2nd November 2009, 20:33   #188
BHPian

Oh Yes! I meant the other way around only
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:28   #189
BHPian

Thanks all...

Kumar, good that u managed to get the expensive spoiler as a free accessory. My dealer was cribbing even with this one. He said he will fit one without the brake light. I had to force him to give one with the light.

Does ur spoiler have the red brake light?

Thanks
Ashish
Old 3rd November 2009, 12:38   #190
Senior - BHPian

It seems that dealers are playing the game as per thier will and pleasure.
Some of them are ( like my dealer )openly admitting that Insurance is free offer from Ford and again exchange bonus of Rs.10k also from ford. But no freebies from the dealer.

Whereas some dealer charging the insurance amount from the buyer and giving some freebies in lieu of insurance amount (without admitting) and still they benefit. May be tough negotiater like kumar7 ( ?) know well how to get the best from the dealer.
It is evident, after reading so many posts, that it all depends how one bargain with the dealer. More benefit if there are more than one dealer in one area so one has got more freedom to negotiate with all of them and get best out of them.
Cheers!
Old 3rd November 2009, 13:03   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
It seems that dealers are playing the game as per thier will and pleasure.
Some of them are ( like my dealer )openly admitting that Insurance is free offer from Ford and again exchange bonus of Rs.10k also from ford. But no freebies from the dealer.

Whereas some dealer charging the insurance amount from the buyer and giving some freebies in lieu of insurance amount (without admitting) and still they benefit. May be tough negotiater like kumar7 ( ?) know well how to get the best from the dealer.
It is evident, after reading so many posts, that it all depends how one bargain with the dealer. More benefit if there are more than one dealer in one area so one has got more freedom to negotiate with all of them and get best out of them.
Cheers!
Nair Sahab, dealers don't know we are connected at T-BHP , after all this is business, everybody will try to extract more from deal (both dealer and customer), it depends how educated and smart we are, it have its own beauty. It happens with all the brands and especially in India, so gear and cheer up for bargaining (always).
Old 3rd November 2009, 20:15   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks all...

Kumar, good that u managed to get the expensive spoiler as a free accessory. My dealer was cribbing even with this one. He said he will fit one without the brake light. I had to force him to give one with the light.

Does ur spoiler have the red brake light?

Thanks
Ashish
Ashish@ To my knowledge Ford's original spoiler(Sports or normal) does not come with LED & if your dealer is ready to provide LED one then he will buy from outside which costs somewhere around 2 - 2.5K.

Check Rastapopoulos thread where he uploaded spoilers pic & that is the original Ford spoiler costing 8K.

If you get any other design or LED one then its not genuine Ford product.
Old 3rd November 2009, 21:08   #193
BHPian

Yes, the Ford Spoiler doesnt come with a brake light. You can check it out in my thread as well (in Page 3). It costs 8K and I bargained it for 6K.
Old 4th November 2009, 18:56   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Ashish@ To my knowledge Ford's original spoiler(Sports or normal) does not come with LED & if your dealer is ready to provide LED one then he will buy from outside which costs somewhere around 2 - 2.5K.

Check Rastapopoulos thread where he uploaded spoilers pic & that is the original Ford spoiler costing 8K.

If you get any other design or LED one then its not genuine Ford product.
Holy cow!!! the dealer cheated me in broad day light. he kept referring to the spoiler as original one worth Rs. 8K. OMG, now i remember, he even charged me an additonal Rs. 2K, and said that he can give it to me only for Rs. 6K, and i need to pay the balance - which i happily did.
any idea what can i do now?
Old 4th November 2009, 19:06   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Holy cow!!! the dealer cheated me in broad day light. he kept referring to the spoiler as original one worth Rs. 8K. OMG, now i remember, he even charged me an additonal Rs. 2K, and said that he can give it to me only for Rs. 6K, and i need to pay the balance - which i happily did.
any idea what can i do now?
ouch, wonder why a ford dealer would try to cheat a customer off a few thousand rupees after a car worth 7 lakhs has been bought!! i guess the money has gone into the sales person's pocket without the dealer's knowledge.

never too late, drive into the dealership and explain your situation to the management there. if that falls on deaf ears, shoot an email to ford.

You have no reason to be driving around with that fake spoiler after having paid for an original one to be fitted.

EDIT: As long as you have an invoice from your dealer that has the Spoiler mentioned on it, you have a case!!

Last edited by raamki : 4th November 2009 at 19:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks