Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2009, 17:51   #106
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations again.
How much the new tyre costs - do you think the tyre dealers will give it for
exchange (keeping the extra tyres at home also boring//).
I havent driven my car in the night time so far.However when I checked my head-lights in the night time it working good (and seems very powerful).
I have installed a reverse parking senser (Ford approved one Rs.2500 and installed by the dealer) and it is working fine. When you are reversing, the car back
bumber (where the sensors fitted) come close to any object then a long beep sound
comes and you can see just that the bumber just away 1/2 meter from the wall or
any other object which could otherwise can hit the bumber. Seems it is worth- but not sure how long it is going to work?
Thanks
Old 5th October 2009, 21:11   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Congratulations again.
How much the new tyre costs - do you think the tyre dealers will give it for
exchange (keeping the extra tyres at home also boring//).
I havent driven my car in the night time so far.However when I checked my head-lights in the night time it working good (and seems very powerful).
I have installed a reverse parking senser (Ford approved one Rs.2500 and installed by the dealer) and it is working fine. When you are reversing, the car back
bumber (where the sensors fitted) come close to any object then a long beep sound
comes and you can see just that the bumber just away 1/2 meter from the wall or
any other object which could otherwise can hit the bumber. Seems it is worth- but not sure how long it is going to work?
Thanks
XM1+ per piece price is Rs 3600/-
My initial deal for 5 tyres was -
Going to exchange 5 stock BS tyres with 5 XM1+ for which I had to pay Rs 4800/- on top of it.

Actual deal for 4 tyres (Because 5th tyre got punctured) -
Gave 4 tyres (BS) to dealer and taken 4 XM1+ in exchange for which I paid Rs 2800/- on top of it.

Reverse sensor is sensible option and I am also planning to get it.

Last edited by kumar7 : 5th October 2009 at 21:13.
Old 6th October 2009, 14:16   #108
BHPian

Kumar, if you are finding the headlights inadequate, do go in for a change. However, you might have issues with warranty. With regard to one of the lamps remaining off, like Shaju said, thats how it is. Dim, only the larger of the two will glow. Bright, both will be on.
Old 6th October 2009, 16:40   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
XM1+ per piece price is Rs 3600/-
My initial deal for 5 tyres was -
Going to exchange 5 stock BS tyres with 5 XM1+ for which I had to pay Rs 4800/- on top of it.

Actual deal for 4 tyres (Because 5th tyre got punctured) -
Gave 4 tyres (BS) to dealer and taken 4 XM1+ in exchange for which I paid Rs 2800/- on top of it.

Reverse sensor is sensible option and I am also planning to get it.
+
Thanks for your reply regarding the tyres
Regards
Old 6th October 2009, 18:04   #110
Untouchables09

Kumar

Congrats on the new ride

With its Ride & handling, she'll give you sheer pleasure for sure

Old 6th October 2009, 20:02   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Kumar, if you are finding the headlights inadequate, do go in for a change. However, you might have issues with warranty. With regard to one of the lamps remaining off, like Shaju said, thats how it is. Dim, only the larger of the two will glow. Bright, both will be on.
By changing tyres I already played with warranty of suspension. Its better to stay away from bulb change else it will void electric warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untouchables09 View Post
Kumar

Congrats on the new ride

With its Ride & handling, she'll give you sheer pleasure for sure
Thanks Buddy!
Old 6th October 2009, 23:23   #112
BHPian

Quote:
By changing tyres I already played with warranty of suspension. Its better to stay away from bulb change else it will void electric warranty
Kumar, as per my observation stock bulbs are quite o.k, I usually keep the leveler knob at '0' or 1 position, yet I have not tried on highway but I found upper light quite powerful.
Old 6th October 2009, 23:53   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Kumar, as per my observation stock bulbs are quite o.k, I usually keep the leveler knob at '0' or 1 position, yet I have not tried on highway but I found upper light quite powerful.
I kept the lever on 1 position but at low beam I feel it does not throw sufficient light. So thats why I keep front fog lights ON. Its different issue that with fog lights car looks too hot
Old 7th October 2009, 09:05   #114
BHPian

Quote:
I kept the lever on 1 position but at low beam I feel it does not throw sufficient light. So thats why I keep front fog lights ON. Its different issue that with fog lights car looks too hot
Yeah, keeping the fogs on does improve the light throw especially towards the edges of the road. More than distance, it gives you width. Playing with warranty on electrical system is a greater risk than the suspension one.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:14   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

@Kumar, if you do find the lights to be a bit on the lower side, something which I find on various cars at various times too, be it a Merc or a Mitsubishi or a Ford, go ahead and ask the Ford people if changing the bulbs would affect the warranty.
I don't think it would if the bulb is of the same wattage (like Philips Nightvision or something), but it is better to be safe.

P.S: Sometimes I too prefer to keep the fogs on when I drive depending on the road. It has amazed me how the lights on cars can be more than adequate in some situations but barely visible in other situations.

P.S 2: If you plan on changing the bulbs, keep us informed as to what ones you decide on. I am looking at changing our fiesta's bulbs too as they have done a good job the last four years, but are slightly weak nowadays.
Old 7th October 2009, 18:27   #116
BHPian

I read on Rajesh's ownership thread that you are facing issues with clutch release in bumper to bumper traffic. I'd advice you not to use 2nd gear if the car is at a stand still. Always use 1st gear when moving the car from stand still. If the road is flat (and even on slight inclines) you can just leave the clutch slowly and the car will start moving. Once car starts moving, give some throttle and take the car to above 1500RPM and shift to 2nd.

PS: I'm not trying to teach you how to drive, don't take me wrong. You may have more driving experience than I do for all I know.
Old 8th October 2009, 02:31   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@Kumar, if you do find the lights to be a bit on the lower side, something which I find on various cars at various times too, be it a Merc or a Mitsubishi or a Ford, go ahead and ask the Ford people if changing the bulbs would affect the warranty.
Yeah I will check with Ford service manager as also want to correct ECU as I gone for 185/65 tyres.
Thinking to get all things done in first service else if they going to fit sports spoiler at service center then I will check with them. Am still awaiting sports spoiler as it was told me that it will take 8 days so planning to visit showroom on coming weekend (Hope Saturday will not be working day as in Pune elections is on 13th i.e weekday)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I read on Rajesh's ownership thread that you are facing issues with clutch release in bumper to bumper traffic. I'd advice you not to use 2nd gear if the car is at a stand still. Always use 1st gear when moving the car from stand still. If the road is flat (and even on slight inclines) you can just leave the clutch slowly and the car will start moving. Once car starts moving, give some throttle and take the car to above 1500RPM and shift to 2nd.

PS: I'm not trying to teach you how to drive, don't take me wrong. You may have more driving experience than I do for all I know.
Yeah, in 1st gear car does not cover much distance (like petrol) and if you accelerate a bit then it jerks. I think I need to give more throttle to before shifting it in 2nd gear.

No buddy, its nothing about giving gyan and I appreciate your inputs as it defiantly helps!
Old 8th October 2009, 02:40   #118
BHPian

Today was unfortunate day that I need to stay back in office late night but I was happy that I will get open road where I can enjoy my ride because usually it takes me 45min but today while returning home car was in 4 - 5 th gear (for 80% of drive) and I reached home in 15min

I enjoy drive in 3 - 4 - 5 gear!
The turbo triggers well before 2K so car always keep you at that level from where the excitement curve goes up and up only
Old 8th October 2009, 08:46   #119
BHPian

Quote:
I enjoy drive in 3 - 4 - 5 gear!
The turbo triggers well before 2K so car always keep you at that level from where the excitement curve goes up and up only
Kumar, thats beauty of Fiesta, once you shift 3rd and above gear, she drives amazingly, also I observed, we don't have to push the pedal hard, let the turbo build up and she vrooms.
Old 8th October 2009, 09:35   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Kumar, thats beauty of Fiesta, once you shift 3rd and above gear, she drives amazingly, also I observed, we don't have to push the pedal hard, let the turbo build up and she vrooms.
Yes, you are 100% correct. Never experienced this kind of easy driving in any of the cars I drove in the past. May be because of the Turbo effect in the FIESTA makine driving so elegant..
Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks