Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 11:10   #166
Senior - BHPian

@ashishgandhi 00
Re checking Vehicle Registration - try this method..

Go to Google, type 'mvd - followed with your state (may be ''mvd maharashtra''?)
or alternatively, try ''mvd mumbai''. You will then get Motor vehicel department of
mumbai or maharashtra's website. There you will various sub-heading like Registration/vehicle details/status of regn no. etc.
Click to vehicle details, you will get a page with two blank spaces. Type your registraton number (which might have allotted to you when you paid the road tax and registration fees) and click to ''go'' button.
If you RC is ready, you will get all details in the next page, otherwise it may say 'the record is still not available'.

The above proceedure is what I get in the website of kerala MVD.

Try and let me know

Thanks
Old 21st October 2009, 12:55   #167
BHPian

@ nairrk,

thanks for the help. But the MVD site of maharashtra / Mumbai doesn't have the status icon. It seems Kerala MVD is more advanced and updated than Maharashtra.

Anyways, am planning to write a mail to my dealership manager regarding all these (RC book + insurance papers + RTO tax papers + warranty papers)

Thanks again
Old 21st October 2009, 13:04   #168
Senior - BHPian

Oh, that's bad
Then you have to chase guys who arranged RTO formalities
Thanks
Old 25th October 2009, 02:03   #169
BHPian

Yesterday I called dealer to check Insurance papers status and they confirmed that I can collect it from showroom. However, RTO papers not ready as per dealer it takes 45 days so am fine with it as he given me tax payment receipt.

These days I spent most of the time looking for accessories even though Fiesta comes with loaded features. Today I finalized seat cover for my machine.

Brand - Stanley
Material - Stec (Seats + side doors)
Colour - Black with silver stitching (shop owner suggested) + some perforation part
Seat design - No customized design (It will follow original seat design)
Side Door - I was confused about which colour (black or beige) I should fix on doors but again shop owner helped me saying black will go well as just above it there is black plastic body.
Steering - Classic Leather
Gear Boot - No change as it already have stock one (not sure material of it)
Gear Knob - Here I had to do the adjustment because in Pune that level of stitching is not possible & it can be done in bangalore as Stanley office is in B'lore (Yajaman you are lucky here )

Initially dealer suggested to remove stock seat covers but when I said that I dont want to remove stock seat covers so he said he will order it accordingly.

Its good that shop owner accepted the fact that they can't stitch gear knob as they may need to send it to b'ore. He said the gear knob comes with silver finish then why you want to hide it? (I know its just an excuse to convince me but to be frank I got convinced to some extent)

Expecting seat covers on Wednesday but need to wait for it till Saturday (Obviously because its weekend)

Another update from Ford dealer - Sport spoiler expected to reach Pune on Monday (we all know about dealer promises) so they will paint it & can be fixed on Wednesday! If things goes well then for sure one more photo session is in pipeline.

Last edited by kumar7 : 25th October 2009 at 02:08.
Old 29th October 2009, 22:17   #170
BHPian

Today received call from accessories shop saying seat covers arrived and drop the car as it will take 3 -4 hours for fitting. Even though shop owner was ready to send someone at my office to pick the car but I preferred doing it on weekend.

Sport Spoiler - I doubt if I will get it on weekend though sales rep saying its arrived, will arrive after painting @ 4.00 etc. I prepared my mind to wait for another week but I am constantly following with them & showing interest of getting it fixed as soon as it arrives
Old 29th October 2009, 23:08   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Sport Spoiler - I doubt if I will get it on weekend though sales rep saying its arrived, will arrive after painting @ 4.00 etc. I prepared my mind to wait for another week but I am constantly following with them & showing interest of getting it fixed as soon as it arrives
Congrats Kumar7, I haven't seen a lot of Fiesta Diesel threads, your's is the first I'm seeing and growing into a pretty comprehensive one. Keep posting updates

Last edited by marlinspike : 29th October 2009 at 23:18.
Old 29th October 2009, 23:55   #172
BHPian

Thanks! Check Long term ownership,you will find Fiesta Diesel masters exploring there experiences.

Quick one I can remember is Unni, Lambo
Old 30th October 2009, 18:50   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
As far the ECU recalibration is concerned, Fiesta's speedo has about 5-6% margin of error at different speeds. Upsizing will only help in bringing down this error to 3-4% levels.
Hey OSS, where did u get this data from ? Is it published by Ford anywhere ? Thanks.
Old 31st October 2009, 14:13   #174
BHPian

Yesterday I checked with sales rep about Sports Spoiler status and luckily got positive response saying its ready and I can come down at anytime for fitting.

Today I visited showroom bit early even though its weekend because after spoiler fitting, I need to handover car for seat cover fitting. The painting on spoiler is done nicely and there was no color difference between spoiler & car body.

Now the car is at accessories workshop for Stanley seat cover fitting & they said it will take 4 hours for complete fitting. The dealer showed me one piece of seat cover which was very well packed in a bag on which Stanley was embossed.

Last edited by kumar7 : 31st October 2009 at 14:15.
Old 31st October 2009, 15:17   #175
Senior - BHPian

So you are almost completing the accessory work of your beauty ?
Cheers !
Old 31st October 2009, 15:47   #176
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalDragon View Post
Hey OSS, where did u get this data from ? Is it published by Ford anywhere ? Thanks.
It's provided in the ACI test drive data.

They'd have strapped a V-box for accurate calculation and normally publish the extent of speedo error recorded in their test drive data.

As far the error introduced due to tyre upsize it's a simple math and you can find lots of related details in the wheels & tyres sections.
Old 31st October 2009, 15:56   #177
BHPian

@Kumar: How much did the stanley cost you? Which shop did you get it done from?
Old 31st October 2009, 20:37   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari1976 View Post
@Kumar: How much did the stanley cost you? Which shop did you get it done from?
I messaged you so please check your PM.
Old 1st November 2009, 11:36   #179
BHPian

Got it Kumar. Thanks. Please post some pics with the new seat covers. Whats is this stec material? Is it some kind of leather?

Last edited by Ferrari1976 : 1st November 2009 at 11:40.
Old 1st November 2009, 14:50   #180
BHPian

Stanley seat cover + Sports Spoiler

Here are the pictures..
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-new_upload.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0449_edit.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0443.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0442.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0437.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0434.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0451.jpg