Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2009, 18:49   #136
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
A 100 km is achieved in 13.5 seconds in a Petrol 1.6 if my memory is correct. So 80 km in 10 seconds is normal when you are in the front row of a signal, waiting to see GREEN. I have done this several times on the outer ring road and the airport road. Its a pleasure to see and hear our fiesta revved like a rocket without harming anyone, being within the legal limits. I wish the new airport road was a full-fledged, signal free 8 line express way with a speed limit of 140kmph. I could reach the departure area in 12 mts flat ! Drop someone and return home in 30 mts flat !!! Sounds like a dream.
You mean achieving 80km/h speed in 10 sec. That ofcourse is possible.

I thought you crossed 80km distance in 10 sec

BTW, if i remember correct Fiesta-P achieves 0-100 in around 10sec, and 20-80 should be reachable in about 5-6 sec flat.

Enjoy your drive
Old 9th October 2009, 18:58   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Unni, I never felt you are questioning my statement, don't feel sorry.
Good to know.

Quote:
Its a pleasure to see and hear our fiesta revved like a rocket without harming anyone, being within the legal limits.
The petrol sounds real good when being floored. Well, one of the pleasures of owning a petrol.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:00   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I thought you crossed 80km distance in 10 sec
Oh My God, are we in the fiesta car thread ?? Or a thread on super sonic machines !!!
Unni, I never heard a Fiesta diesel, so no clue about the engine roar.
Old 9th October 2009, 19:11   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Unni, I never heard a Fiesta diesel, so no clue about the engine roar.
Well, its like any other diesel. Not that great sounding, but among the silent ones. And diesels you don't rev much, its all about riding the torque wave!!
Old 9th October 2009, 22:37   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
I read on Rajesh's ownership thread that you are facing issues with clutch release in bumper to bumper traffic. I'd advice you not to use 2nd gear if the car is at a stand still. Always use 1st gear when moving the car from stand still.
Now am keeping car always in 1st @ signal and if its too congested traffic then I avoid 2nd. No car doesn't stops in between thats good thing I would to mention here.

Now about AUX -

From last 2 days I was carrying ipod & pen drive in car to test the connecting cable for AUX and luckily I manage to get it today.

The sound quality is good but you need to search ipod if you have to change song (I don't know if its possible to change song using button given on dashboard).
Old 9th October 2009, 23:01   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Now about AUX -

From last 2 days I was carrying ipod & pen drive in car to test the connecting cable for AUX and luckily I manage to get it today.

The sound quality is good but you need to search ipod if you have to change song (I don't know if its possible to change song using button given on dashboard).
Good, you got the connecting cable for AUX, about changing song, it is not possible to change songs using button on dashboard, do use the different folders for storing different songs, also if required to change from iPod do keep it at convinient place.
Old 11th October 2009, 01:37   #142
BHPian

Today I got chance to swing my machine on Express Highway and we even didn't realized that we crossed such a long stretch of distance. The car was going so smooth that you feel as if its not moving because there was no noise from engine nor from the tyres

Now I realized why its called drivers because the driver in the car is all time busy in enjoying the drive. On returning when the concrete road was about to end I took U turn and again thought to have long drive

I got first minor scratch on side strip chrome as it got a small cut though its not visible but for a while I was feeling low due to that. I noticed the scratch when I was admiring its beauty when parked it outside the restaurant . I don't know when this happened but it seems to be some 2 wheeler who screwed it. I applied feviquick to chrome & it jelled into it very nicely. Thanks to Shaju's thread because I read somewhere in one of his post & then I decided to go for side strips and finally it did its job perfectly by saving the car doors.

Last edited by kumar7 : 11th October 2009 at 01:49.
Old 11th October 2009, 09:47   #143
Senior - BHPian

Side strips are necessary to save the car door side from scratches due to senseless parking by others especially those two wheelers who just squeeze their vehicle in between cars or anywhere without thinking wether sufficient parking area is there or not.Who bothers?
No body cares about one's feeling. You are hurt because some idiot made a small sratch on your side strip. ( I too are worried very much -taking the new car into a busy place and park some where then definitely there will some cut/sratches somewhere, but then cannot keep the car always at home ?)
Sorry to hear.
Old 12th October 2009, 01:42   #144
BHPian

Reverse Parking Sensor + Sun Film

Read lot about 3M so finally decided to go for 3M sun film. I gone for 3M RE35 sun film on side & rear windows. By the time work got over it was too late to take its pictures so uploaded the pictures when the work was in progress.

Luckily I got body colored parking sensors too.

Price quoted by dealer - 3M RE35 (Only side & rear window) = Rs 4500/-
Reverse sensor (LED type) = Rs 3000/-

Total price quoted by dealer = Rs 7500/-
On top of 7500/- he waived off Rs 500/- so dealer offer was Rs 7000/-

Final deal closed @ Rs 6000/-

I don't know in which product dealer reduced his profit margin and gave discount. Most probably he might reduced his profit margin in reverse sensor.

To me:
3M R35 costed = Rs 3250/-
Reverse sensor costed = Rs 2250/-

There was dark sun films but I preferred high heat rejection RTO approved sunfilm as I don't want to play 'Hide-n-Seek' game with Cops

May be in next month will fix Stanley Seat cover and if possible will go for 3M CR 70 sun film for front windshield. It may subject to change depending on Vitamin "M"

About first scratch - 3M guy applied some solution to it and now you need to search crack to locate it.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-upload1.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img058.jpg  

Last edited by kumar7 : 12th October 2009 at 01:47.
Old 12th October 2009, 09:37   #145
Senior - BHPian

Hai.
Whats the color of the sunfilm - How is the final look - brownish or grey shade?
Thanks
Old 12th October 2009, 22:19   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nairrk View Post
Hai.
Whats the color of the sunfilm - How is the final look - brownish or grey shade?
Thanks
Its metallic black color and not very dark.

Today I started my day little bit late and reached office by 11.00am so it was a bit sunny day to test new sun films. The heat rejection was considerable even though there was no sun film on front windshield.

While returning home I tested rear visibility.
Just for comparison purpose consider rear mirror of your car in night mode (without sun films) with which you can only see the headlamps of vehicle behind you & find it difficult to locate the vehicle (Atleast I find it difficult sometimes).

So now by keeping the mirror in normal mode (with sun film) you get almost same experience as if you looking it through mirror in night mode but atleast now you can locate the vehicles behind you!

I am happy that it was wise decision (IMO) of not going for darker sun films otherwise it would be difficult to view through it in dark.

The pictures I uploaded was taken from mobile so clarity was not good. If possible I will upload pictures in this week else on weekend for sure
Old 13th October 2009, 19:21   #147
BHPian

Sun Films (4 doors & rear window) + Parking Sensors + Door Guard

Due to elections got 2 hours off so got chance to take few pictures of her but again its with mobile (With friends mobile this tiime)

As the sun film is metallic so there is a shine on windows & if you sit inside the car you don't feel the darkness.

Also purchased:

Door Guard - On all 4 doors to save it from scratches (Atleast we can take the precaution as we can't control others)

Formula 1 wax - Dealer already did Waxoyl treatment to external body so may be after few weeks I will test this product. (Don't want to handover it to car washer so only option available is to DIY )
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-12.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-dsc01596.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-dsc01598.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-dsc01599.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-untitled.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 19:39   #148
BHPian

@kumar - the metallic finish looks real kool. very nice pics.
Old 13th October 2009, 21:57   #149
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
Price quoted by dealer - 3M RE35 (Only side & rear window) = Rs 4500/-
Reverse sensor (LED type) = Rs 3000/-

Total price quoted by dealer = Rs 7500/-
On top of 7500/- he waived off Rs 500/- so dealer offer was Rs 7000/-

Final deal closed @ Rs 6000/-

I don't know in which product dealer reduced his profit margin and gave discount. Most probably he might reduced his profit margin in reverse sensor.

To me:
3M R35 costed = Rs 3250/-
Reverse sensor costed = Rs 2250/-
Man, you are a master of negotiation i must say

That's one hell of a deal you got there for RE35 & body coloured reverse sensor.
Old 14th October 2009, 09:48   #150
Senior - BHPian

Metallic blackcolor film looks very nice neatly fit for this car.
Also good you have fitted door guard.
Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks