Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2009, 19:34   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
No worries about hijacking as we all will be benefited with some more additional details about Josh machine

I made special effort to see how many cars are waiting for there owners to be picked and found your machine being one of them

Yesterday when I called dealer on Friday to check about registration then the sales guy said that it will be done on saturday/sunday as they (including RTO) working on Sunday.

He made me upset by saying that Sports Spoiler is not in stock and they will be getting it within 8 days! This made me upset but I didn't said anything. Even after booking it one month before how they can give such explanation but as he was cooperative from day one so I didn't said anything to him but its obvious that they might be realized this when they about to fit accessories.
My dealer is delivering most of the cars (say 95%) from their godown i.e wagholi, mine will be delivered at showroom, my car they registered yesterday (hope so).

About sports spoiler don't worry, they will get it soon, it is same case with me, I ordered 5th alloy wheel one month before and now my sales person is saying He will get delivery after 8 days.

All the best for tomorrow and in advance congrats.

PS : I know your sales person, if possible get some gift for him, it shows token of appreciation.
Old 28th September 2009, 16:25   #92
BHPian

Machine Arrived

Will soon update my initial experience but the BIG problem is to resist myself to keep her below 2000 rpm

Here comes the DIL of my MACHINE
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0432.jpg  

Old 28th September 2009, 17:28   #93
BHPian

Well, everything is where it should be!! Congrats once again Kumar. Wishing you miles of Happy and Troublefree Ownership.

PS: Time to change your signature.

Last edited by unni.ak : 28th September 2009 at 17:31.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:05   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Will soon update my initial experience but the BIG problem is to resist myself to keep her below 2000 rpm

Here comes the DIL of my MACHINE
Kumar hearty congrats 'Dil Se' for 'Josh Machine'. Wish you many many happy munching miles.

I took delivery around 9 am, went home did pooja and came to Mumbai (not in Fiesta), once I'm off with meetings in next two days, and after munching some miles, will pen down my experience.

Go Fida.
Old 28th September 2009, 20:08   #95
BHPian

Thanks Unni!

Like all I also had a restless sleep and above all time was moving at Snell speed. Finally clock gave me green signal to proceed for delivery. Collected sweats and headed to showroom and met the sales person.
I thought there will be big rush and it will be difficult to windup the formalities in time. Luckily 2 – 3 customers were there who were completing the delivery formality. When I checked with sales person and came to know that total 75 deliveries were there and somehow they manage to wind-up in a week’s time rather than holding all delivery for Dasherra.

Sales person explained me all stuff and gave me the car demo. There are so many features that I know everytime I will get surprises so not much worried about it. Completed all formalities, Puja and gave keys of my old car to them (Somewhere I was feeling bad to leave my old car as she was with me for almost 7 years)
Before leaving my old car I took few snaps with her as I was very much attached to her. Now in place of my old car they brought New muscular Josh machine and I came out of flashback.
I didn’t got the Sports Spoiler and not sure how they can say that its not available even after booking car one month before. Hope this time they will keep the promise and arrange it in 8 days!
We left the showroom with lot of fun and excitement as everything was going perfectly fine as decided. The driver was not there so they sent sales consultant who was also enjoying every moment and we headed towards tyre showroom. I was hoping that car should reach home as soon as possible and that too without any scratches. At tyre shop as soon as they saw our car people were ready to change the tyres and like moto GP race they did work in 5 – 10 mins.

I changed stock BS tyre with XM1+ but now there was a twist. While changing remaining two tyres they found that there was a Nail in one of the running tyre! I think the tyre got punctured at tyre shop only but no point in arguing as no one have control on this. Tyre dealer suggested to ask Ford dealer to get it replaced but somehow I was not convinced to ask replacement but there was no choice so I gave try but there was no positive outcome.
Finally I decided to go with 4 set of XM1+ (185/65/R14) and I will keep BS (175/65/R14) in boot for emergency. In short for 4 XM1+ I paid Rs 2800/- as a difference amount so hope I still had a better deal. As far as the spare tyre is concerned, I will try if other dealer takes it as exchange.
In all whole experience was good except the tyre puncture part.

Reached home and the family did the puja and then I taken the control of driver seat. Initially I was bit nervous to drive her as I was not used to drive sedan. When we take TD at that time you don’t think much but when you drive your purchased vehicle then you think for 100 times. Slowly and steadily I got confidence and then instead of saying SKY is the limit I have to say Tachometer needle was pulling my feet back from the accelerator.

Over all great driving pleasure, specially the Turbo which triggers and forces you to take her to higher speed but unfortunately need pull your horses and drive below 2K rpm. I am just enjoying the drive!!
Only issue which I am finding is while reversing the car as am not getting judgement yet so thats why someone from family need to comedown to give me direction.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-403.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0405.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-1.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0418.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0426.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0428.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0419.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img_0431.jpg  

Old 28th September 2009, 20:12   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshvin View Post
Kumar hearty congrats 'Dil Se' for 'Josh Machine'. Wish you many many happy munching miles.

I took delivery around 9 am, went home did pooja and came to Mumbai (not in Fiesta), once I'm off with meetings in next two days, and after munching some miles, will pen down my experience.

Go Fida.
Thanks Rajesh and congratulations to you as well.
Its good that you took delivery today and now come fast to take her control because she takes time to give her full conrol

Happy Motoring!
Old 28th September 2009, 20:38   #97
BHPian

You will have the reversing trouble only for a short time, and will get used to it soon enough. When I need to park with the boot real close to the wall, I open the door and glance out. Yes, its very taxi-driverish, but it gives a better view than the mirror or craning neck through the window.
Old 28th September 2009, 22:13   #98
oss
BHPian

Hey you guys - Congrats on taking delivery on this auspicius day

Enjoy the drive. It's really smooth and amazing to drive.

I too was a bit ginger the first day i drove it from the showroom but got used to it. I am yet to get the reverse sensor fixed, and having got used to the reverse sensor in my Swift i miss it dearly. The dealer keeps saying that the earlier model sensor was pulled back from the market and Ford is coming out with a new one. If i don't get it from them in this week, i will go and fit an after market one.
Old 30th September 2009, 14:33   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Hey you guys - Congrats on taking delivery on this auspicius day

Enjoy the drive. It's really smooth and amazing to drive.
Thanks OSS!

Below are few quick findings -

The steering moves so smooth that car drives like a butter on hot pan! I am enjoying the drive very much.

Few things which I should not call as issues but it may be that I am not aware of it.
- Reversing is a bit problem and practicing it but not getting exact judgement yet.
- The front light controls are bit confusing. The side front lamp turns on but the adjacent lamp does not turn on in normal operation. It works only at high beam.
- Is it ok to keep front fog lamp on everytime when you turn on headlamp?
- Sometimes in B2B traffic if car turns off (obvious its not car issue) then I need to turn off ignition to crank it again. Is it normal because you can understand in B2B traffic how people behind you keep hornking horns.
- For diesel car its recommended that you first keep engine on for a minute or so and then put the gear but what if car stops all of sudden at traffic?
- What about turning engine off at traffic? I was earlier using Petrol car so I am used to turn off the engine at traffic>
- The AC is very nice and in fews minutes the compartment becomes cool. Is it ok to turn off the AC for 5 - 10 min and then restart it again while driving?
- There is only internal air circulation button so does that mean that by turning it off switches it to allow external air in?

Few things to mention about which I liked very much -
- Very smooth drive and this applicable even if it come across any pot holes/speed breaker.
- AC is too good.
- No engine noise inside compartment.
- As soon as you lower the window you hear the road noise.
- One thing I would like to mention is about Horn. During TD I felt that horn is very hard and difficult to use. What I feel is that if you press the horn from sides where the horn icon is there then it works like normal horn and dont feel any hardness.

Due to year ending am getting pressure of tax saving so thinking to delay fitting additional accessories. The quick one in my mind is to have Stanley seat covers & Lumar tints

Last edited by kumar7 : 30th September 2009 at 14:41.
Old 1st October 2009, 04:10   #100
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks OSS!

Below are few quick findings -

The steering moves so smooth that car drives like a butter on hot pan! I am enjoying the drive very much.

Few things which I should not call as issues but it may be that I am not aware of it.
- Reversing is a bit problem and practicing it but not getting exact judgement yet.
This will happen with time. Give it a week and then see. Worst case scenario is that you will have to install parking sensors, but keep that as a last minute option.
- The front light controls are bit confusing. The side front lamp turns on but the adjacent lamp does not turn on in normal operation. It works only at high beam.
I am confused by what you mean by this. Is this when the car is started or at ignition? What are the side front lamps? The blinkers, or parking lights? and the adjacent lamp?
- Is it ok to keep front fog lamp on everytime when you turn on headlamp?
There is no problem with doing so, at least for the car. Other drivers might have a problem with the additional light though.
- Sometimes in B2B traffic if car turns off (obvious its not car issue) then I need to turn off ignition to crank it again. Is it normal because you can understand in B2B traffic how people behind you keep hornking horns.
This is normal in most of today's cars. I believe it is some sort of safety feature.
- For diesel car its recommended that you first keep engine on for a minute or so and then put the gear but what if car stops all of sudden at traffic?
I don't think there should be a problem as the oil was circulating. It is advised to keep the car on for a minute when starting after a long period of time as the oil needs to start circulating again.
- What about turning engine off at traffic? I was earlier using Petrol car so I am used to turn off the engine at traffic>
You can always turn off the car in traffic. Shouldn't be a problem. However, due to higher fuel efficiency of this car, I only turn it off when I have to wait for an extended period of time.
- The AC is very nice and in fews minutes the compartment becomes cool. Is it ok to turn off the AC for 5 - 10 min and then restart it again while driving?
Sure, there shouldn't any problem. A better solution could be to increase the temperature.
- There is only internal air circulation button so does that mean that by turning it off switches it to allow external air in?
Yes.
I have tried to answer your queries in bold.
Glad to see that you are enjoying your car. Waiting to see some more pics, especially after the stanley seats and lumar tints have been done.
Old 1st October 2009, 12:31   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
I have tried to answer your queries in bold.
Thanks Lambo!
Looking at the time at which you commented by that it seems that you are not in India but still your auto fever keeping you in touch with BHPians

In the attached pic I numbered the lights for easy reference.
Light no 1 - Can't we use this light at low beam?
Light no 2 - In normal mode this light turns on but not able to use light 1 & 2 together in low beam.

As we know Fiesta's best external feature is its head lamp and this is also one of the reason I decided to go for this version of fiesta rather than waiting it for new fiesta which will likely to be introduced in Indian market by 2011 - 12 ( You can say its learning I took when I waited for new face lifted Fiesta and was disappointed by looking at too much of chrome)
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img019.jpg  

Old 1st October 2009, 17:26   #102
BHPian

kumar & rajesh, congrats on taking delivery of the "Josh Machine" .
Happy motoring and enjoy many miles of safe driving.

Go Fida
Old 1st October 2009, 19:23   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post

Go Fida
Yajaman thanks, just today I got time to drive Fiesta around 60 kms, she is amazing, I'll put down my experience by tomorrow, lot of thing to share with you guys.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:27   #104
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Kumar, atlast you have got your beauty home !! Is it not really fun to drive ? I am sure you will enjoy every moment you move around in it.

About the reversing part, its better you get a parking sensor, its available in the market right from 2500 to 15000 based on your budget. According to me, parking sensor has nothing to do with your experience in driving or your advanced skills of seeing the rear without looking back. Its a simple gadget that will keep your BUM safe. Rear bumpers are not cheap, so better protect it well. I have one. There are many situations, you can bang on something behind even with a very careful reversing. Why take chances, invest a small amount and have some piece of mind.

Now coming to the head lights. Your picture shows the side light (No-2) is empty. Was it delivered like that or someone removed it? Look carefully, its a hole there !! Ok jokes apart, No-1 and No-2 will never work together, because one is LOW and another is HIGH. Parking light is built inside this glass case itself. So, everything is normal and start enjoying the drive without worries !

I personally find Fiesta easier to drive around in the city than a hatchback. May be I have to thank the direct feel of the steering. Its a great feeling. Lower the wheel to your lap (at max low position), its a different world altogether (easy on hands and elbow).
Old 1st October 2009, 21:16   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post

Go Fida
Thanks Yajaman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congratulations Kumar, atlast you have got your beauty home !! Is it not really fun to drive ? I am sure you will enjoy every moment you move around in it.

About the reversing part, its better you get a parking sensor, its available in the market right from 2500 to 15000 based on your budget. According to me, parking sensor has nothing to do with your experience in driving or your advanced skills of seeing the rear without looking back. Its a simple gadget that will keep your BUM safe. Rear bumpers are not cheap, so better protect it well. I have one. There are many situations, you can bang on something behind even with a very careful reversing. Why take chances, invest a small amount and have some piece of mind.

Now coming to the head lights. Your picture shows the side light (No-2) is empty. Was it delivered like that or someone removed it? Look carefully, its a hole there !! Ok jokes apart, No-1 and No-2 will never work together, because one is LOW and another is HIGH. Parking light is built inside this glass case itself. So, everything is normal and start enjoying the drive without worries !

I personally find Fiesta easier to drive around in the city than a hatchback. May be I have to thank the direct feel of the steering. Its a great feeling. Lower the wheel to your lap (at max low position), its a different world altogether (easy on hands and elbow).
Shaju@ You gave me heart attack by saying lamp is missing

I don't know is it because I read on BHP and somewhere in back of my mind that forcing me to think that stock lamps are not sufficient! Its different issue that car looks very nice when you turn on all the lights (including high beam) but while driving at low beam I was not comfortable and that forcing me to turn on the high beam.

I know there was already discussion & debate happened on this topic but this is what I felt personally. I am ok to drive at high beam but god knows how car coming from other side manage to drive in that case

Actually am still in phase of enjoying the drive so my total focus is enjoying every bit of drive rather than thinking about small small issues. But may be once I manage to come out of this new car craze then I will think about all these things.

About reverse sensor I may need to think about it as daily no one will be there to give directions.

Last edited by kumar7 : 1st October 2009 at 21:19.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks