Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 23:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni.ak View Post
Another Fiesta!! Congrats Kumar. The hard clutch (comparitively) that Lambo has mentioned is true, and will be a major difference if you have been driving a petrol car.
@Unni.ak: I read your whole thread and really impressed . Thanks for your response and would look for more inputs which I should consider as this is my first Diesel car. The concepts Lambo gave is really new to me so keep pouring your experience which can help me to enjoy every bit of my drive.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:02   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raamki View Post
Kumar, welcome to the forum and the beasta club!! congrats on your buy, you'll love the platinum! and thank you for the compliment pal!!

Is there a possibility you could courier 4 Michelin XM1+ tires to me in exchange for my stock for the same price? damn, that's a steal of a deal!!

anyway, congrats again buddy!!

@raamki: Thanks! Now there will be one more car standing close to yours in next month.
I don’t mind in sending the tyres but I don’t think its practical decision as you will spend almost same amount which you will save bcuz you will spend considerable amount in transport and again with whomever you will get it fixed he will charge you for wheel alignment,load balancing and charges for removing /loading the tyres back. And your car needs to stay for few days w/o wheels.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:04   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Kumar, kudos to your decision and welcome to the Go Fida club! As Lambo said, the 1.4 D keeps pace with the petrol 1.6 till about 90 kmph, which is the range most of us drive 90% of the time.
Do post a review as soon as you get her.

Vnabhi@ I followed most of your posts and it really helped me to narrow down my decision on one particular model & accessories. Actually dealer ready to give car in 8 days when Lord Ganpati arrives but it will be too early for me and I think Dashera is really right time to bring her at home. I know its bit far but am sure the feeling on that day will be top of the sky! I will defiantly put lot of pics of her, just to start with it I dumped few pics of new SXI which I clicked on 1st Aug but not able to upload it as I was not having write access but luckily Mod granted permission at right time as it was very important for me to get feedback/input of all you gurus!
Old 20th August 2009, 23:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@Kumar: Glad to help.
First thing, the turbo kicks in before 2000rpm. i believe it is around 1500ish rpm as it is from then on that I feel pick up increases. The advantage the fiesta offered over the more powerful Verna D was that the turbo kicked in earlier, thus improving driveability in the city.
Also, while some cars have the push once the turbo kicks in, due to the way the turbo is in the fiesta, the pick up is more linear and you will not always feel the push.

About the engine run-in: Basically, it is advised to not stress the engine and gearbox too much during the first 1000-2000km. This is as the engine is new and is not set in. This is also one of the reasons why:
- FE increases after 1000-2000km.
- Engine becomes more refined
- why some experts suggest an oil change in the first service itself, so as to remove some metal chippings and such that could be present while the engine is set.
Please note that the oil change isn't required at the first service, but many experts do recommend one. Also, the engine run in required for all cars sold in India, be it petrol or diesel.

During the run in, it is advisable to not cross 3K rpm. Generally, try shifting to a higher gear at 1750-2000rpm, as that is a good run in speed as well as a good way to get good FE, without lugging the engine.

While on the run in topic, it is advised by some to not strain the tyres too for 50-100km. That means trying to avoid hard braking/cornering etc. This is because tyres generally come with a protective layer around them, which goes away in 50-100km.

Also, one more thing about diesels is that the engine oil used for diesels is generally thicker and darker than the one used in petrol. When we got our first diesel car, the driver was confused as to whether the oil was changed or not as it looked darker than what it normally should.

Guys, please correct me if any of the above information is misleading.
It was too quick reply! I will keep these things in mind and I will not be surprised if some more new things comes up during this thread about Diesel car

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
One thing I've always heard about running in engine is to avoid driving at a single, constant RPM- it is best to keep varying the RPM throughout the drive. So for example, you could fix a widish RPM range and keep varying the speed/gears so that you get the engine run in all RPM ranges. Of course, don't strain the engine too much at lower or higher ranges.

Thanks greenh0rn! This is one more new thing for me and protocol I may need to follow.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:18   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

@greenh0rn: I have heard the same too. I will actually look up the owners manual in the fiesta and check it. I believe it says something like one should not rev more than 2/3rds of the maximum rpm. Will check and revert back tomorrow morning.
Old 20th August 2009, 23:37   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nice Ride.. very VFM car... the biesta..Drive safe..

God you are not new to the forum, remembered all those names..with fiesta's increasing at such rapid pace on Tbhp.. I guess I will have to test drive it to further explore it.. you know I believe in practicals than theory
Old 21st August 2009, 00:31   #22
BHPian

Now the updates

I am planning to close deal on coming Saturday as Saturday always bring good luck for me So to close the deal I need to have atleast few round of negotiation with dealer and for that I decided to visit showroom in weekdays to get the deal.

Whatever I learned from all Fiesta gurus experience I tried it during negotiation. The sales person was very eager to help which it’s obvious though but still you feel better so in same way I also felt good. When the sales person was giving me demo at that time I was thinking why he trying his best because BHP members poured so much info in this forum that you don't need to listen to sales persons big big things.

Anyways I didn’t interrupt him as it was his job & I respect that so I allowed him to tell me what all things he knows. I was very much interested in deal and not the info so finally we sat down across the table and negotiation started.

I suggested them to call their car analyst so that by the time we conclude he should be ready with the evaluation of my current car which am planning to exchange. The car evaluation was done and he quoted fair amount and after doing bit negotiation I got good deal for my current car. It was agreed that till I get the delivery of fiesta my car will remain with me and I need to handover the papers to them and they will pay the amount against the car to dealer directly.

Now it’s dealer turn

I found this dealer quoted 2k less than the other dealer and I asked him to provide best deal after deducting all discounts. The sales person gave me the last amount which as per him is best value. I realized realized hat above that he can’t commit and he needs his managers input. I demanded him to give me another 7K cash discount but as per them the diesel the corporate discount is limited to 7K & for petrol they can give 15K corporate cash discount.

When I had chat with another dealer at that time the sale person said we provide cash discount if its last option with them and first they try to push customer for accessories.

So now the ball is in dealer’s court as he need to agree for 7K cash discount.
Am going with assumption that dealer will provide 7K cash discount and now he need to provide me free accessories on top of deal which I was expecting.

Before going to showroom I transferred the price list excel (if am not wrong I got that price list from Shajufx thread) sheet to my cell and asked for the accessory which is costing more and which I deliberately looking for.

I realised that now dealer is not in position to provide all accessories which I have on my list so I gave him the option that I need combination of these accessories.

I decided that for sure I will go for Chrome moulding side strip as Shajufx & Vnabhi recommended in one of their post.

Secondly I liked Spoiler which comes with 1.6S and am sure few won’t like that for the reason it does not have that LED’s.

The manager yet to agree on both accessories as he recommended me to share 50% cost of one of the accessory for which I said big NO.

Today I got call from the dealer to confirm that I am finalizing the deal with them but all his hopes gone on toss as I said now I need sports pedal along with above 2 accessories & freshener+idol (I know it does not cost much but when I read post of ashish I decided to push for these accessories as well)

Now dealer need to come up with deal which can impress me as they know soon somewhere I going to close this deal for sure.

Bank formalities -

By the time dealer takes time I decided to keep myself ready with all documents which will be required for processing loan with SBI. I gathered almost all papers and today I bought the application form from the bank.

Not sure if financing loan on my own will save some penny or its better that let dealer do all these formalities? Please help on this.

I asked quick details to lady sitting on car loan counter but found that she did not know much about the scheme though she was managing car loan section (Its PSU bank so need to live with it).

I don’t want to go for private banks even though I had very good experience with the bank from which I opted first car loan. After closing my car loan I decided that for home loan I will go with same private bank but this time they disappointed me and now I decided not to take any sort of loan from private banks even though at the beginning we feel its hassle free but in long term its big time pain.

My responses are coming late on thread as it has to through Mods screening process so just waiting for that cap to be removed. I understand its good thing to maintain good quality info on this forum.
Old 21st August 2009, 00:40   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
Nice Ride.. very VFM car... the biesta..Drive safe..

God you are not new to the forum, remembered all those names..with fiesta's increasing at such rapid pace on Tbhp.. I guess I will have to test drive it to further explore it.. you know I believe in practicals than theory
When I signed up for BHP forum at that time I was just in mode of research and was not knowing that BHP Mods protocols of allowing write access. So i got only read access but with that I followed all fiesta threads and not able to comment on any thread.

Finally I got write access and now am pouring my thoughts on this forum - 'Dil Se'
Old 21st August 2009, 17:30   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar7 View Post
1) Lambo said that it worth to check if 185/65 R14 spare tyre can accommodate properly in trunk or you need to do lot of adjustment?
2) I read in one thread about ECU reprogram. Did you got chance to check with your dealer if they are doing for you after tyre upgrade?
Anyway that tire deal is still a shocking figure for me, because my Michelin dealer had told the fiesta stock MRF ZV2k brand new is selling for 2300 in the market, then I have no clue how an exchange can give more than that. May be you are just lucky, or the tire dealer has no clue what is the stock tire on Fiesta. Recheck anyway, stock is MRF ZV2k 175/65/R14.

Now about my upgrade 185/65/R14, it perfectly fits in the stepney wheel- well, because the difference is only few millimeters. About the ECU reprogramming, I am yet to get a correct resonse, even if they do that, I will get it only at the first service (3months). Why to take a brand new car to the service bay ?
Old 21st August 2009, 18:55   #25
BHPian

kumar,

In my series of negotiations (which are still on), i realised that it is easy to bargain for accessories, rather than cash discounts. So try to get the accessories which you would anyways be buying from outside.

Though the accessories might be expensive, an imp advantage of getting them fitted from dealer is that warranty void issue does not arise, since the dealer himself fits it...

All the best in your negotiations

Thanks
Old 21st August 2009, 21:56   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Anyway that tire deal is still a shocking figure for me, because my Michelin dealer had told the fiesta stock MRF ZV2k brand new is selling for 2300 in the market, then I have no clue how an exchange can give more than that. May be you are just lucky, or the tire dealer has no clue what is the stock tire on Fiesta. Recheck anyway, stock is MRF ZV2k 175/65/R14.

Now about my upgrade 185/65/R14, it perfectly fits in the stepney wheel- well, because the difference is only few millimeters. About the ECU reprogramming, I am yet to get a correct resonse, even if they do that, I will get it only at the first service (3months). Why to take a brand new car to the service bay ?
The dealer with whom I checked is reliable dealer as I read his name in few threads of BHP earlier and he has 3 shops in Pune and that too at prime location. The person with whom I was dealing was very knowledgeable because he just asked the car model and he said the stock tyres of it is 175/65/R14 and showed me Michelin tyre of same size. Initially he asked the brand of stock tyres but as I was not knowing then he gave me estimates for all possible brands and he said 90% it will be MRF.

Below is the amount he quoted for stock tyres –

MRF – 2550

Goodyear – 2250

Bridgestone – 2950
Old 21st August 2009, 22:09   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishgandhi_00 View Post
kumar,

In my series of negotiations (which are still on), i realised that it is easy to bargain for accessories, rather than cash discounts. So try to get the accessories which you would anyways be buying from outside.

Though the accessories might be expensive, an imp advantage of getting them fitted from dealer is that warranty void issue does not arise, since the dealer himself fits it...

All the best in your negotiations

Thanks

Yeah you are right but looking at your deal I am not sure how dealer in Pune bit hesitant to share their margin of profit by giving some cash discount or providing accessories.

After cash discount which they offered I demanded accessories and provide them the manager was thinking so much and did numerous calculation on calculator which gave me feeling that he is helpless to provide any more discount.

So now with insurance + corporate cash discount am getting additional accessories of approx 10000/-.

If he does not provide cash discount which I asked then I am asking him for Waxoyl treatment for car that costs roughly 9K
Old 22nd August 2009, 22:16   #28
BHPian

Mod please change thread name to -
Booked my Ford Fiesta 1.4 ZXI and now official member of Biesta club

As mentioned earlier Saturday is my day so I target to book my fiesta on this day! In the beginning of this thread I targeted to book her on 22nd so that further formalities can be completed without hassle (From dealer as well as my side) provided Ford does not ship my love to some other place

In Pune there are two dealers and today I finally checked with both of them for the last best offer which they can offer me!

Round 1 -
On Monday I visited first dealer so that few round of negotiation happen as I targeted Saturday to place the order.
Offer given by dealer – Rs 8.05L with accessories [1.6S Spoiler (free) + Side chrome strip (50% price I need to bare) + Basic accessories (Mud flap + Boot map + Floor mat)]
This includes free insurance + 7K corporate discount.
Plus very good price they quoted for my present car & agreed to keep it with me till I take delivery of Fiesta. [I really impressed when they said that I can use my car for a month]
I demanded – Rs 7.97L with accessories [1.6S Spoiler + Side chrome strip]
I wanted to book with this dealer because I good feedback about him when I checked reviews on different websites (including BHP).

Second Ford dealer quoted Rs 8.08Lwith basic accessories. Later understood that if customer is very pushy then they give accessories of 7K
This offer of Rs 8.0L included with free insurance + 7K corporate discount.

Round 2 -
The first Ford dealer sales gay called to check if I am coming on Saturday to place the order. After reading deal offered to Ashish I decided push for accessories and that includes – Sports Pedal + Waxoyl + Air freshener
He said he will check and call back.
Later they didn’t called-up so I assume they are too busy or that was the best deal they can offer.

Round 3 -
Checked with 2nd Ford dealer and this time new sales person was they and he offered two options as I asked for deal what I demanded in round 1 to first Ford dealer. He said he will call back in 10 mins so that he can workout some thing for me.
10min later – Two options offered

Option 1 – Rs 8.03L with 2 year extended warranty + basic accessories. He removed 3rd year warranty and gave me this offer.
Option 2 – Rs 8.10L with 3 year extended warranty + basic accessories.

Now it was first Ford dealer’s turn –

Called the sales person to ask what they finally decided but he was busy with some customer so he committed call back but didn’t call me.
Today the Ford dealer’s phone was busy for most of the time and they not able to call back the customer as most of the people wanted to the place the order a day before Ganesh Chatutrthi. Also tomorrow the showroom is closed for enquiry and only for delivery they going to keep it open.

So I walk down to showroom and the sales gay said that he was about to call ne as today they was very busy so he didn’t got chance to call me. I was ok with it as I saw many people came after me (trust me there were genuine buyers).

Now the serious talk started and the sale person gone to call his manager as he knew that most probably I will place order with them. He briefed his manager and his manager took comparatively more time to come down so I assume they was working out best offer for me (Hope so!)

The manager greeted nicely and then he asked me where were we last time and from there he started doing calculations and after 5 – 10 mins he offered me the deal of –

Price – Rs 8.05L with accessories [1.6S Spoiler (free) + Side chrome strip (this time it’s free) + Sports Pedal + Basic accessories (Mud flap + Boot map + Floor mat)]

After long discussion I realised that he can’t come down below 8.05L as he scratched his head numerous time and tried all permutation & combination but he was helpless.

So I decided that I need to agree on Rs 8.05L but now I need to push for accessories. So I demanded Waxoyl. But he said it’s not at all possible for him as Waxoyl cost him around 9000/- .

So now I removed Waxoyl and replaced it with reverse sensor & scuff plates.
He said you should be in some HR to negotiate the salary of staff and said you did homework before coming here. This whole credit goes to BHP gurus! 

He said he almost stretched his limits and he can’t provide reverse sensor & scuff plates. As per the manager the deal he gave me is just with a hope that couple of more cars will get booked from the company where I work.

After another half hour debate he agreed for Scuff plates so now the deal got finalized -
  • On road price - Rs 8.05 L
  • Basic accessories (Mud flap + Boot map + Floor mat)
  • Sports pedal
  • Scuff plates
  • Side chrome strips

Paid the amount and remaining will be paid by bank for which I need to follow-up with SBI

Hope I got fair deal.

I said I will change the stock tyres with Michelin 185/65/R 14 so for this I need them to reprogram the ECU for me and there should not be any issue with warranty expiry.

They called Service manager who initially said it’s not required to reprogram the ECU as no one asked for it till date but then he said that he need to check with Ford people as it have ABS and by changing the tyres may void the warranty so he can’t commit and will update me on Monday.
So if he says warranty will void then I need to live with stock tyres.
The car will come within 15 days though I asked delivery at later date. I asked them to call me during PDI because the sales person said – Sir it’s not required for you to come down! But I insisted that I want to be there at that time.

Question:

Is this PDI first done by dealer and at later date they call customer or it is something which they do and we should be there along with them?
Old 22nd August 2009, 23:38   #29
BHPian

Though I booked ZXI but in showroom SXI is for display. Few pics of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img029.jpg  

Welcome Beista my Ford Fiesta-img020.jpg  

Old 24th August 2009, 12:20   #30
BHPian

hey kumar,

my negotiations are still on. am pitching 1 dealer against the other, and wow, what effect that has... there is still a lot of scope for negotiations i feel.

do keep me updated on the sun film and reverse parking sensors (brand, cost, fitting, etc).

thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks