Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 18:07   #106

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Pal my ICE setup is a tad bit big and you cant pull it off with the OE wires. Hence the wiring had to be changed fully and apparently the voice assist system has a separate cable which is plugged to the speaker.

Here's details on the ICE

ICE
  • - HU KDC-BT7043U
  • - Boston Acoustics sxi 606 Front Door components
  • - Rear Door eFX 6 x9
  • - 2 Amps from my older car ( eFX and Volfenhag)
  • - RCA cables from Stinger
  • - Power cables from Sound Quest
  • - Distribution Block from eFX.
  • - eFX components for the center doors
  • - 12 " Subwoofer from Hifonics in a ported box.
Hey how much did the KDC-BT7043U cost you? Also would you have any idea if it is a more recent model than KDC-BT7539U which is listed on Kenwood's site.
Old 5th April 2010, 09:45   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devu View Post
Hey how much did the KDC-BT7043U cost you? Also would you have any idea if it is a more recent model than KDC-BT7539U which is listed on Kenwood's site.
devu couldn't check this thread earlier. I paid about 11grand grey market price for the same. Methinks the KDC BT7539U should be a model newer than mine. You can PM fellow member Satya (blueraven316) on the forum for more info. he sourced by Kenwood for me.

BTW changed the tires on the scorp' and have put up my review here.
Old 27th April 2010, 19:41   #108
Senior - BHPian

which tints are you using on the windshield and window glasses? aren't they too dark?

Spike
Old 27th April 2010, 19:57   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR View Post
which tints are you using on the windshield and window glasses? aren't they too dark?

Spike
They are from 3M and the Scorp' never had tints on the front windshield when the 1st set of pics were posted. Here is a recent image of the Scorp with the front tints

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-4423745925_94f7f4f561_b.jpg
Old 27th April 2010, 20:05   #110
Senior - BHPian

this is a fantastic looking Scorpio, usually i don't look back at scorpios as there are so many, this is definitely a head turner

Spike
Old 4th June 2010, 19:30   #111
Senior - BHPian

At about less than 400kms for 10k I did a 1000 kms road trip and hence the 10k or 2nd service had to be postponed to 11k. Actually I had even crossed the 11k mark .

Had no issues what so ever and no niggles to complain about. Car was dropped off at India Garage, Mahadevpura at 12:00pm and delivered as promised by 5pm.
Only consumable was the gear box oil change which amounted to 377/- INR.

All fluids were topped out and the clutch feels a little tight now. Checked with the SA there if there were any issues with the brakes cylinder and he brushed it off saying we haven't had any issues or complaints from customers.

I had reported this issue on the scorp' Issues and solutions thread.

Quote:
How did you figure out that its only the left wheel locking up ? I experienced the same thing this morning. But it lasted only for the first 2 instances when I braked hard .Was driving out of my apartment parking to the main road.

About 3 weeks back I remember the wheels locking during a casual weekend drive. This again within 1km of driving and I tried to see if the Scorp' exhibited the same behavior again during hard braking. Albeit all thru the drive no problems what so ever.

This morning I drove like 24kms to office and no problems at all. The thing I have noticed during both these instances of wheel locking up is that it tends to happen only during the 1st few kms of running after the 1st start. All is well after that.
As of now complete paisa vasool and she is running brilliantly. Love the surge and the way she throws you back into the seat when your floor it.
Old 4th June 2010, 19:55   #112
BHPian

rjstyles, I have been a big fan of your scorpio. The desire to own a scorpio incresed the day i saw this thread.
Just wanted to know how tall are you and are you comfortable in the driving seat?

I am 6 feet tall. I test drove a scorpio last week (first time) and I found it very cramped. When I tried to move the seat back so that i could sit comfortably, i found it very tough to reach the lever. My hand kept hitting the door trims. And I am not sure, if anybody can sit behind me if I have to be comfortable in the driving seat.

Sorry for asking this in this thread. Asking just because I admire your scorpio and thought you are the best person to ask.
By the way if I go for the scorpio, Your scorpio will surely have a twin. I will make sure that it looks similar to yours.

Last edited by zteg : 4th June 2010 at 19:56.
Old 4th June 2010, 20:43   #113
BHPian

Very nice write-up there. Scorp looks amazing in white with black tints.

The pics are just amazing too and are doing justice to the white beauty. So as we are always hungry for more stunning pics, please do share them

and ICE pics ??
Old 4th June 2010, 21:13   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zteg View Post
rjstyles, I have been a big fan of your scorpio. The desire to own a scorpio incresed the day i saw this thread.
Just wanted to know how tall are you and are you comfortable in the driving seat?
Thanks pal. I am 6 feet just like you are and yeah I feel pretty comfortable in the drivers seat. Have done some real long drives and havent had any form of fatigue at the end of the day. Simply go buy one while the desire lasts.

Quote:
I am 6 feet tall. I test drove a scorpio last week (first time) and I found it very cramped. When I tried to move the seat back so that i could sit comfortably, i found it very tough to reach the lever. My hand kept hitting the door trims. And I am not sure, if anybody can sit behind me if I have to be comfortable in the driving seat.
Definitely yes , you gotto move the seat back for a 6 footer. Once again I have to agree that your elbow brushes the door pad when you access the lever to roll the seat back.
Dont bother much of space at the back. IMO it should be enough for the passengers in the rear seat.

Quote:
Sorry for asking this in this thread. Asking just because I admire your scorpio and thought you are the best person to ask.
By the way if I go for the scorpio, Your scorpio will surely have a twin. I will make sure that it looks similar to yours.
Nothing to be sorry about and thanks for the compliment .

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Very nice write-up there. Scorp looks amazing in white with black tints.

The pics are just amazing too and are doing justice to the white beauty. So as we are always hungry for more stunning pics, please do share them
and ICE pics ??
quadra thanks mate. Pics will come up, need to find a new location during the monsoons. The last time it looked real dirty was during my trip to Vagamon ,

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-4298342662_165bb25a6d_b.jpg

ICE yes I definitely will put up a thread soon, thanks for reminding me.Send me a PM when you want to audition it, not a big setup but completely tuned for SQ.
Old 4th June 2010, 21:27   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks pal. I am 6 feet just like you are and yeah I feel pretty comfortable in the drivers seat. Have done some real long drives and havent had any form of fatigue at the end of the day. Simply go buy one while the desire lasts.

The last time it looked real dirty was during my trip to Vagamon ,

Yeah. Thats some encouraging words. thanks rjstyles. I will go do a detailed test drive next time.

Scorpio looks the best when its dirty. I read your Vagamom thread too. I have saved all the pics of your scorpio and I have been showing it to my friends ( Safari fans).

EDIT : By the way I just showed your scorpio pics to my bro. He was excited when he saw 3M because he works for 3M

Last edited by zteg : 4th June 2010 at 21:30.
Old 1st July 2010, 18:58   #116
BHPian

Riju, very classy looking Scorp...I am sure the D80 helps immensely too !
I have a 2 month old Scorpio SLE Black and looking for a bull bar which looks exactly like the one you have .. fits very snugly along with the Front bumper. Have searched for Carryboy and Hurricane but unable to find a place in Delhi NCR which have one.

Also would be looking for the Hellas that you have put up. I know you are in B'lore and not Delhi but could anyone help me out getting something more or less similar to this one ?

Much thanks...
Old 2nd July 2010, 09:15   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Scorpio looks the best when its dirty. I read your Vagamom thread too. I have saved all the pics of your scorpio and I have been showing it to my friends ( Safari fans).
Where's my patency amount , I could settle for a chicken biriyani for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallica View Post
Riju, very classy looking Scorp...I am sure the D80 helps immensely too !
I have a 2 month old Scorpio SLE Black and looking for a bull bar which looks exactly like the one you have .. fits very snugly along with the Front bumper. Have searched for Carryboy and Hurricane but unable to find a place in Delhi NCR which have one.

Also would be looking for the Hellas that you have put up. I know you are in B'lore and not Delhi but could anyone help me out getting something more or less similar to this one ?

Much thanks...
metallica thanks mate, the best you could do is contact fellow member Satya(blueraven316) on the forum and he should be able to help you. I picked up the hellas from him and am sure he can source the bullbar for you.
Old 2nd July 2010, 10:47   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Where's my patency amount , I could settle for a chicken biriyani for now.
Name the place and time and you get it
Old 2nd July 2010, 14:18   #119
BHPian

Hi ,
Congrats . I own the same beast and enjoying it . The Maharajah seat offered by M Hawk is second to none . None in the SUV markets offer such a view out with comfortable seats . People might pay Lakhs of Rs for SUVs . This is sure best in its class for the money paid
Old 20th August 2010, 16:58   #120
BHPian

Hi Riju,

Celebrating the first bday of your baby this weekend? What are you presenting her with?

The bull bar + fog lamp combo has complemented her well.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks