Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 17:20   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
Hi Riju,

Celebrating the first bday of your baby this weekend? What are you presenting her with?

The bull bar + fog lamp combo has complemented her well.
Aye the 1st birthday was over on the 12th of this month. Work has been hectic and hasn't given me time to treat her with anything. Either ways something will come up soon on this thread if everything falls in place.
Old 20th August 2010, 17:22   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Aye the 1st birthday was over on the 12th of this month. Work has been hectic and hasn't given me time to treat her with anything. Either ways something will come up soon on this thread if everything falls in place.
Not even 1000kms a month! Hope you get time for some long drive soon.
Old 20th August 2010, 21:59   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
Congrats for an year of hassle free ownership. I think its high time to give her a nice set of alloys as birthday gift
Old 20th August 2010, 22:18   #124
Distinguished - BHPian

Riju, congrats on the 1st anniv of the Scorp.
Quote:
rjstyles69 : ...something will come up soon on this thread if everything falls in place.
Is it what I think it is ? (May be a small something in it for me too )
Old 20th August 2010, 22:54   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Not even 1000kms a month! Hope you get time for some long drive soon.
jk have another small car to drive around in this city's mayhem called traffic. I am sure if I had decided on driving the Scorp' in bangy's traffic during rush hour , then my left leg would have looked muscular than my right. You get the drift .I use the scorp' usually during the weekends.

BTW a 700kms drive coming up next weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Congrats for an year of hassle free ownership. I think its high time to give her a nice set of alloys as birthday gift
Thanks mate, picking alloys for a white SUV is quite tricky. I almost did once and then decided against it coz it dint suite my taste. For the 1st time in my life a 4 wheeler ownership has been void of alloys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Riju, congrats on the 1st anniv of the Scorp. Is it what I think it is ? (May be a small something in it for me too )
Yeah definitely will call you then,right now priorities are something different. Once am back we will work on it.
Old 21st August 2010, 09:35   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
rjstyles69 : I am sure if I had decided on driving the Scorp' in bangy's traffic during rush hour , then my left leg would have looked muscular than my right.
If there's traffic, I take the Sumo. And I'm none the worse for it. The driveability of a diesel in city traffic also helps.

Quote:
rjstyles69 : .. right now priorities are something different.
wonder what's coming up .. I thought you are set with everything else.
Old 27th August 2010, 16:09   #127
NFS
BHPian

Your Scorpio is on WikiPedia Article of Mahindra Scorpio

Mahindra Scorpio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia check it out.

NFS
Old 27th August 2010, 17:43   #128
Senior - BHPian

WOW riju, your scorp is now famous buddy!
Old 30th August 2010, 09:18   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
Your Scorpio is on WikiPedia Article of Mahindra Scorpio

Mahindra Scorpio - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia check it out.

NFS
Yeah had got a message abt that a few weeks back. Thanks btw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
WOW riju, your scorp is now famous buddy!
Thanks bud.

Finished a 750kms plus drive in the scorp'. Mileage was pretty good and it was 10.xx with AC on full time. However the scorp' got bogged down twice during the weekend trip. Once in a trail which had knee deep water and was quite deceiving and the 2nd time at the entrance to our land in Wayanad.

Revv' the engine and all he did was the salsa with a wheel spin. The tires absolutely had no grip what so ever, the rains had only worsened the situation. We tried a 550 MDI 1st to pull the scorp' out and no luck. Then came the tractor which did the job in flat 10 secs or so.

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dsc_9081-large.jpg

Somebody's home : Voila its the MHawk " 5th service done-dsc_9083-large.jpg

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 30th August 2010 at 09:22.
Old 30th August 2010, 09:57   #130
Senior - BHPian

Can the H/T tyres be blamed?
Old 30th August 2010, 15:46   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Can the H/T tyres be blamed?
Nopes I am running Yoko Geolander AT-S tires. It looked more like it had to do with all the loose mud and the wet grass. I was in no mood to take any chances coz towards the right side is a 10 feet drop and then a stream. Every time I revved it, it only moved to the right .
Old 30th August 2010, 17:38   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

In such situations, also try your rubber mats below the wheels, in the direction you want to move. .... i.e : if you dont have a tractor around
Old 8th November 2010, 19:55   #133
Senior - BHPian

The scorp' finally went in for the much needed 3rd service last Wednesday. Had dropped it off at India Garage , Whitefield on Wednesday in the afternoon and took delivery of the vehicle only on Thursday.

With the arrival my little one, everything had taken a back seat. I could drop off the vehicle only at about 16,700kms for the 3rd service. Quite a few niggles that had to be fixed, however my primary concern was the brake lock up issue and a the wobbly effect of the scorp' at speeds above 80kmph or so. Both had to be addressed no matter what and the rest of the niggles were limited to

1 - Broken AC Vent
2 - Center door power window gone kaput.
3 - There is a small hinge for the front door (driver side) which had fallen off.
4 - Console vibrates like crazy at times.

For once the Scorpio's SELF HEALING mechanism decided not to work and I was blessed .. Hallelujah !!!

Enter the service station and start listing out the problems one by and then took the SA for a test drive to show him what I was talking about.
Hit the brakes without any notice and the wheels did lock. I was a happy man, for once it worked and the SA realized what I was talking about.

Next up we hit an empty stretch on the ORR and I showed him how profound the bouncy and wobbly effect was at speeds above 80 kmph. This was something that I noticed during my last few sprints between Bangalore and Mysore.

Job card made and I was informed that the vehicle couldn't be delivered today. I told him I was in no hurry and that I will come back the next morning before the work with the brakes starts. Well I was just in time and the scorp' was mounted on the ramp. Started with the front rotors, calipers, MC and no problems found.

Time to check the rear setup and voila we hit the jackpot on the 1st try. The brake pads in the rear drums wouldn't release occasionally. Replace is only what I said, the folks were kind enough to do the same and we did a test run, worked like a charm.
Since this problem shows up seldom I informed them that I would wait for a few days and let them know.

The problem with the ride quality and the wobbly feeling was sorted out with the replacement of the front lower arm bush. Checked the part and it had worn out, replaced again under warranty.
Once again for this problem I told them I would get back with an update only after I have driven the vehicle around properly. A quick sprint on Thursday after delivery and the vehicle felt rock solid. Well the acid test was for the next morning cause I was gonna be driving 150kms.

The vehicle was delivered at 6:30pm( I could get there only then) and a the final bill was
  • Interior Cleaning = 600.00
  • Wheel Alignment = 375.00
  • Wheel Balancing = 500.00
  • Re-fixing AC vent = 120.00
Total = 1595/-

I opted for the interior cleaning coz it was much needed,all fluids were topped up without me asking them to.Otherwise bill was under 1k for the 3rd free service. Economical ...

I was even given a box of crackers for diwali much to my surprise. Service Advisor Shibu did a wonderful job atleast with the service and delivery part of it. Heard me out and looked into problems one by one.

Come Friday morning and I was on my way to Mysore. The brake lockup issue never showed up in the morning. Saturday, Sunday and Monday I checked the brakes, no lock ups what so ever. I only wished it never came back .

During the drive I pushed the Scorp' to 3 digit speeds and almost near the top end. The vehicle stays put and no profound swaying like before, so far so good. Well this can never be healed 100% I agree.

Took a curve at about 70+ and it handled really well, I could easily make out the difference. Dint want to push it any further.

rj was a happy man. Definitely a commendable job done by India Garage and I think the difference was that I was persistent when it came to things that I wanted to have fixed. Worked well in my favor, that said full marks to the Service Advisor and their service team.
Old 8th November 2010, 22:52   #134
Senior - BHPian

Feels good to hear a positive report about a Mahindra A.S.S! I wish i could say the same about my A.S.S. too.

Centre power window failure & falling hinge are quality issues which should not have happened.
Old 9th November 2010, 08:56   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Economical service costs - major advantage with M&M & TM. Even my Ikon takes more to get serviced.
Quote:
rjstyles69 : Took a curve at about 70+ and it handled really well, I could easily make out the difference. Dint want to push it any further.
Take it easy .. I know you know it, but no harm saying it again - not to push it even this further
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks