Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2009, 20:04   #61
Senior - BHPian

Looks to me like very minimal damage....

If it had been my car I wouldnt have gone for re painting / new bumper..

A simple fevi kwik joint (after dismantling the bumper) + re fitting the fog light might work..
Old 22nd October 2009, 06:46   #62
BANNED

I'm planing to visit the service center this week let see what they are saying. Crack is not visible if you are looking at the car from 1mtr distance also. Only thing is i have to fix the fog lamp as it will fall down with out any support.
Old 27th October 2009, 12:14   #63

I dont think there is serious damage. I feel you dont have to change the bumper unless there is a functional damage. putty can seal the crack I feel.
The same thing happened to me (in my i20) once in chennai-bangalore higway. A stray dog crushed under the wheels but contrary to my expectations no damages to the car! but I felt very ill for two days recalling that pathetic scene.
Old 27th October 2009, 13:12   #64
BHPian

Hi Wildon,

Sorry about that, but its minor try fixing it the way Abhij feels, it might work if not insurance is always an option.

To divert from the topic ...sorry; Does asta have an anti theft alarm, if so have you figured out how it works? I too own an i20 asta, was trying to figure it out my self but in vain, also do we need to change the customer unique password (for immobiliser) embedded in our keys or is it designed to be the way it is. Your thoughts on this.

Thank you!
Old 28th October 2009, 18:54   #65
BANNED

i20 globally providing the anti theft alarm system but not in India, when contacted the CC of hyundai they said it cannot be fitted.

Well i'm trying to get the schematics/wiring of that, will update you if anything goes positive.

What my finding so far is- it is integrated to the keyless system, you need a Burglar horn which is to be fitted inside the bonnet, a Burglar relay, few connectors etc.
Old 28th October 2009, 20:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
i20 globally providing the anti theft alarm system but not in India, when contacted the CC of hyundai they said it cannot be fitted.

Well i'm trying to get the schematics/wiring of that, will update you if anything goes positive.

What my finding so far is- it is integrated to the keyless system, you need a Burglar horn which is to be fitted inside the bonnet, a Burglar relay, few connectors etc.
I am amazed. The i10 asta has integrated alarm fitted and I have checked that out.
Old 28th October 2009, 21:53   #67
BANNED

^^ wow in that case its great news. Have to check up with any one who owns i10 Asta. Does anyone in the forum from Bangalore have a i10 Asta? please

^^ or can you post some detailed pics of the Burglar horn and its trace of wiring
Old 28th October 2009, 22:26   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
^^ wow in that case its great news. Have to check up with any one who owns i10 Asta. Does anyone in the forum from Bangalore have a i10 Asta? please

^^ or can you post some detailed pics of the Burglar horn and its trace of wiring
Tough ask, but shall try to find that over the weekend. AFAIK is the car horn that is linked to the alarm circuit. Whenever any door/hatch/hood is opened (even with the key) without disarming the alarm (if the car was locked with the remote - which arms the alarm at the first place) - all the indicator lamps start blinking and the horn starts blasting. It only stops when the alarm is disarmed by pressing the lock/unlock switch on the key.

Just for the sake of trying, did you /could you try the above mentioned procedure in your i20 asta?

Last edited by blackasta : 28th October 2009 at 22:31.
Old 28th October 2009, 22:35   #69
BANNED

in i20 burglar horn placed here inside the bonnet.

The steering horn and the burglar horn are different and both are placed inside the bonnet.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-burglar.jpg  

Last edited by wildon : 28th October 2009 at 22:50.
Old 29th October 2009, 12:06   #70
BHPian

Quote:
in i20 burglar horn placed here inside the bonnet.

The steering horn and the burglar horn are different and both are placed inside the bonnet.
Wow! Thanks wildon, shall try unlocking with keys tonight and shall let you know of the outcome by tomorrow, by the way have you tried it in your car does it work fine?
Old 29th October 2009, 14:50   #71
BANNED

^^ The picture posted above is from a European model i20 in which Burglar alarm is placed inside the bonnet. In the Indian version its missing. As 'blackasta' said in his i10 Asta burglar alarm came as standard fitments. i'm waiting for the pictures to arrive from him. or have to find another i10 Asta to explore more
Old 30th October 2009, 13:02   #72
BHPian

Yup! thats true wildon, we dont have it installed in our car. Hyundai should have added this feature for cars in india too considering the price, why cars dont get stolen in india or what?

In my locality, cars get lifted very often ( lack of space forces us to park the cars on road sides) its an easy task for the culprits.

Praying that the immobliser will do its job
Old 6th November 2009, 21:54   #73
BANNED

Getting Closure to the alarm installation. Well the Official Hyundai are no clue about the alarm yet. They only know one word. "This feature is not for India, This cannot be retro fitted in your vehicle"

Well its not reached me yet but here is the teaser
Attached Images

Old 8th November 2009, 18:06   #74
Senior - BHPian

Wildon
Sorry for the late response.
I guess the only thing in my engine compartment close to a burglar alarm looks like this.

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc02385.jpg
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc02383.jpg
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc02384.jpg

Let me know if this is the burglar alarm.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:58   #75
BANNED

Thanks for that pictures my friend. It really helped to make understand these Hyundai technicians that it can be fitted/upgraded to i20 also.

Now i have to check whether the i10 alarm will suit to the i20 if so its simple or else i have to import the one which i mentioned in the above post.

The cost comes around < Rs.4000. Shipping is extra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks