Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2009, 17:59   #91
BANNED

Even me too.. The item is on transit, may be ill get in a week or two time. Will update you if anything positive comes out with that.
Old 18th November 2009, 22:55   #92
BHPian

Really Cool , how much did they charge for altering the central locking? I need to do this asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^^ Charged up by reading your post I immediately rushed to the nearest Hyundai Service Center, Thankfully met a nice person this time, Spoke to him. Here comes the G-Scan tool and the feature is enabled.

I'm loving it.
Old 18th November 2009, 23:09   #93
BANNED

FE Display in i20

I was searching for an option to find out whether FE can be displayed like in the Linea/Punto and found out that the Particular display unit which is fitted in our Indian version wont have this option. So no need to try out any combinations of pressing various buttons in the panel.

But the interesting part is that if we can procure the Display unit which using in Europe there are possibilities that FE can be displayed but not confirmed. Now i'm scratching my head that how to confirm this and from where i can procure one.

The FE feature is displayed in an i20 which is sold as "Dynamic". In UK 'Classic', 'Comfort' and 'Style' models are selling.

This is how the display in Dynamic Version of i20
Name:  i20display.jpg
Views: 6095
Size:  9.7 KB

Just look at the Petrol Bunk icon at the top row.
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2009, 01:11   #94
BHPian

Wow thats great news I was worried after reading about the central locking of i20 but now this comes as a relief.Can this be done only at the Service center and not at the dealer's end? If it is posible at the dealer's end then I will get it done before I get my car on the road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
It is a setting which can be altered.Ask your Service center to do it for you.I have got mine to lock automatically when crossing 40kmph.I was told you can even have the doors lock automatically at your preferred speed,say 20 instead of 40
Old 19th November 2009, 07:27   #95
BANNED

Technicians can only do this.what i suggest is you speak to the person at the dealers end and from there make him to call to the service advisor then drove the vehicle to the service center and enable it.

This cost nothing.
Old 19th November 2009, 12:56   #96
BANNED

Here is a Close look at the Multi information display
Name:  DTE.PNG
Views: 6496
Size:  325.0 KB
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2009, 13:13   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Technicians can only do this.what i suggest is you speak to the person at the dealers end and from there make him to call to the service advisor then drove the vehicle to the service center and enable it.

This cost nothing.

Are you referring to activation of distance to empty feature?? If yes, then please let me know at which dealer this has been done. Sales and service guys here in Chennai tend to have "NO" or "NOT POSSIBLE" topping their list of replies. Having a dealer name will give me back-up to my request!!

Last edited by Mubeen : 19th November 2009 at 13:26. Reason: Another line added
Old 19th November 2009, 13:26   #98
BANNED

^^^
That quote was for Activating the automatic central locking only.

Regarding DTE , it needs a hardware change also i'm looking at whether the sensors also needs to be changed.
Old 20th November 2009, 18:21   #99
BANNED

Hyundai i20 Alarm Installation

Guys Finally found out the details of the Hyundai i20 Alarm installation details from web. The Hyundai approved Alarm system provider is a company called metasystem and their website is MSYIT / Root folder - Benvenuti in Meta System. or MSYUK / Root folder - Welcome to MetaSystem UK Limited

I just registered in this site and found 2 useful files which put light on the installation procedure and attaching the same here. Although still i'm waiting for the shipment i wanted to ask the GURU's about a good installer for this in Bangalore.

Also i requesting the other guys who is interested for doing the alarm installation to browse this site to find out any other useful can be found.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hyundai_i20_ 2009_en.pdf (132.7 KB, 1350 views)
File Type: pdf hpa_e_02.pdf (1.13 MB, 1341 views)

Last edited by wildon : 20th November 2009 at 18:41.
Old 23rd November 2009, 15:00   #100
BHPian

Wildon, Did you changed the horn of your i20 ? If yes, then my next question would be which make and how did you did it ( do you need to remove the front bumper )?
Old 23rd November 2009, 17:32   #101

Hi

I have an I20 and have changed the horn. Changed it to a Bosch . The horn is kept just underneath the front grill on the left hand side and can be reached by loosening the front grill / bumper of the I20. These nuts are seen once you open the bonnet. Carw must be taken when you refit the new horn so that the "trumpet" opening is not pointedupwards else the water goes in during servicing and you will end up with a horn that sounds very dull.
Old 23rd November 2009, 20:06   #102
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang29 View Post
Wildon, Did you changed the horn of your i20 ? If yes, then my next question would be which make and how did you did it ( do you need to remove the front bumper )?
I have not changed. Some how my usage of horn is minimal and at present i'm ok with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spnaik1973 View Post
Hi

I have an I20 and have changed the horn. Changed it to a Bosch . The horn is kept just underneath the front grill on the left hand side and can be reached by loosening the front grill / bumper of the I20. These nuts are seen once you open the bonnet. Carw must be taken when you refit the new horn so that the "trumpet" opening is not pointedupwards else the water goes in during servicing and you will end up with a horn that sounds very dull.
Any modification done for the wirings? whats the model no?

Alarm Received

I received my security alarm today. Adding the picture of the same here.When i checked up with the Hyundai technician they said it will void my warranty (Central locking, actuator etc)and they wont be able to fit it for me even though its saying Hyundai Approved Alarm.

Now i'm in search for a good technician who can do this job for me.
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc04688.jpg

Also Today was the 2nd "Free service". Well my cracked front bumper i kept it as it is. The FR side fog lamp has fitted properly by the service guys.

Done some paint touch up on the bumper. Engine oil and oil filter changed (as per service technician this is a must for every 6 months). Total bill is Rs.930/-. Here is the break up

1. Hyundai Engine oil Rs.668.72
2. Consumables Rs.88.67 (Cleaning charges by 3M guys)
3. Filter Assy- Engine Oil Rs.69.14
4. Labour and Service Rs.0

Sub Total 826.53
VAT @12.5% 103.31

Is this OK or HIGH please provide your input.
Old 23rd November 2009, 23:04   #103
BHPian

Quote:
When i checked up with the Hyundai technician they said it will void my warranty (Central locking, actuator etc)and they wont be able to fit it for me even though its saying Hyundai Approved Alarm.
i guess the installation might involve cutiing of wires etc and hence it might void warranty

Quote:
Also Today was the 2nd "Free service". Well my cracked front bumper i kept it as it is. The FR side fog lamp has fitted properly by the service guys.

Done some paint touch up on the bumper. Engine oil and oil filter changed (as per service technician this is a must for every 6 months). Total bill is Rs.930/-. Here is the break up

1. Hyundai Engine oil Rs.668.72
2. Consumables Rs.88.67 (Cleaning charges by 3M guys)
3. Filter Assy- Engine Oil Rs.69.14
4. Labour and Service Rs.0

Sub Total 826.53
VAT @12.5% 103.31

Is this OK or HIGH please provide your input.
You mentioned above that it was Your 2nd "Free service" then how did you get a bill for the Oil change and etc. Isn't this service Free of cost? Sorry if I sound like a newbie, I haven't done any servicing as of yet so don't know much
Old 24th November 2009, 08:35   #104
BANNED

Well the "Free" is only for Labor & Service Charges rest are chargeable.

As per my understanding from the manual there are two types of installation for alarm , in one no need to cut any wires, you only need to plug the wires into the vacant ports. Look like i'have to go for DIY after getting some proper documentation of i20.

Last edited by wildon : 24th November 2009 at 08:38.
Old 24th November 2009, 10:15   #105
BHPian

Wildon, What has been fuel efficiency before the 2nd servicing ? And I would be glad if you could tell what is the efficiency now. I am getting following averages with 70% city driving and 30% highway, AC on all the time

Odometer Distance Efficiency
0-22 ------22------ na
22-122----100-----12.65
122-422---400---- 14.65
422-922---500---- 15.45
922-1472--550---- 16.12

Last edited by Mustang29 : 24th November 2009 at 10:25. Reason: format

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks