Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2011, 19:04   #496
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

Hi Wildon,

Thanks for finding value for money Glove box illumination set, you always rocks.
Regarding your issue of car pulling to left, yes whatever mechanic has said holds good. But, it may be good idea ( I am not sure, you might have already done that) to interchange front wheels meaning byputting left wheel in right and right wheel in left. If car starts pulling to right then it is tyre issue (mainly tyre pattern / uneven wearing etc.), in this situation you can get rear wheels in front and your issue can be resolved. In all new age cars ( Maruti 800 onwards) the adjustment in wheel alignment is very minimal i.e. only tow is set, all other angles viz. Camber and Caster are fix and no adjustment can be done. The another reason could be brakes ( probability is very minimal with disc brakes), some time one side brakes continuously hold wheels and that result into pulling on one side, so check that but as mentioned earlier i do not see much probability. You / your mechanic may also try with balance rod adjustment.
Hope, this helps.

Anuj
Old 12th January 2011, 19:50   #497
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
^^To counter the road slope problem, i drove my car several times on the Vittal Mallya Road, which is fully concrete and almost flat. I also tested my car at the Mantri Mall parking lot (there you will get lots of straight flat surface) just to make sure what i'm saying is right. One of my friend too driven the car couple of times in other roads ( he drives a Wagon R) and complains that my cars is pulling to the left every time.
Clarify me one thing.Suppose you HOLD the steering in dead center position,does it still veer to the left?
Old 12th January 2011, 21:25   #498
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manz View Post
@ Wildon: Super find! Will get this fixed when the car goes for its first service.

Have you been researching on the front map reading lamp? Sorely missed :(

Also, wanted to check what is the tire pressure to be maintained? As per the manual, its 30 psi (cold tire) if driving without load but I find that a little low. Also, what is the correct psi for hot tire (+3, 4?)?
The full credit for the Glove box illumination goes to chronos of carwale forum as he is the one which given us the news that, its available for the rest of us.

Regarding the Map reading lamp i thought its comes with the sunroof control switches. If you have any picture of the same please share so we can digg deep in to that.

For me 30 psi is doing good, i increased it to 33 psi and found that the car is bouncy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuj_Mumbai View Post
it may be good idea ( I am not sure, you might have already done that) to interchange front wheels meaning byputting left wheel in right and right wheel in left. If car starts pulling to right then it is tyre issue (mainly tyre pattern / uneven wearing etc.), in this situation you can get rear wheels in front and your issue can be resolved. In all new age cars ( Maruti 800 onwards) the adjustment in wheel alignment is very minimal i.e. only tow is set, all other angles viz. Camber and Caster are fix and no adjustment can be done. The another reason could be brakes ( probability is very minimal with disc brakes), some time one side brakes continuously hold wheels and that result into pulling on one side, so check that but as mentioned earlier i do not see much probability. You / your mechanic may also try with balance rod adjustment.
The tyre rotation done already, Balancing and alignments done twice in different intervals, brakes are good as per the technician, no uneven tyre ware found.

let me check with mechanic on your last point, rod adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Clarify me one thing.Suppose you HOLD the steering in dead center position,does it still veer to the left?
Before my last to HASS if i keep my steering dead center , the vehcile does veer to left. After my last visit to HASS my steering is not center, and if i keep the steering dead center my car veers to the right.(may be they have done a jugad to convince me ). Also my steering have rubbing noise if i turn left or right. Soon i have to head back to the HASS.

Also at present if i take out my hand from the steering after keeping the steering dead center, then the vehicle veers to the left again

Last edited by wildon : 12th January 2011 at 21:29. Reason: more info added
Old 13th January 2011, 13:30   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post

Also at present if i take out my hand from the steering after keeping the steering dead center, then the vehicle veers to the left again

Even i have this problem with our car.The steering slightly turns to left if i leave it! BTW have you checked with any other i20?
Old 13th January 2011, 14:47   #500
BHPian

Quote:
I have installed the chrome scuff plates for our i20.costs 451 rupees from HASS.Looks pretty good
sagarpadaki, Pls put up the pictures of the scuff plates that have been installed in your i20
Old 14th January 2011, 09:19   #501
Senior - BHPian

Here are the photos of scuff plates on my i20. These pictures are quite old. Both the rear door scuff plates came off soon after fitment. The front ones are still there.
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-27784_1407379338838_1063065637_1181173_3874504_n.jpg  

Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-27784_1407379378839_1063065637_1181174_6127862_n.jpg  

Old 14th January 2011, 21:10   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Here are the photos of scuff plates on my i20. These pictures are quite old. Both the rear door scuff plates came off soon after fitment. The front ones are still there.
@skanchan: How much did you get the scuff plates installed for? Couple of days back, when I inquired at Advaith, Bangalore they quoted me Rs.625 . The accessories list shared by Wildon and Sagar had them for 450.

Just wanted to know if there has been any recent price revision?
Old 14th January 2011, 22:41   #503
Distinguished - BHPian

@skanchan95

The reason why the scuff plates have come off is that they are not fitted properly.The rear door scuff plate is protruding out
You have to remove the brown door rail guard and fit the scuff plate and put the plastic back again.Will post the pic tomoro

@flyingcolor

I dont think the price has changed.They cost 451 bucks.Had them installed recently only.I got it from Blue hyundai,mysore road.You can contact them and cross confirm the price.The price mentioned on the package of the plate is also 451.

Last edited by sagarpadaki : 14th January 2011 at 22:44.
Old 15th January 2011, 10:31   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
@skanchan: How much did you get the scuff plates installed for?
It costed me Rs 450/-(incl taxes). Bill of the same is attached. But if the prices were revised, the prices may have gone up

Quote:
@skanchan95
The reason why the scuff plates have come off is that they are not fitted properly.The rear door scuff plate is protruding out
You have to remove the brown door rail guard and fit the scuff plate and put the plastic back again.Will post the pic tomoro
Yes, please post the pictures. I want to compare them. I thought the fitting was like that only. I guess it was another goof up by those Om Hyundai idiots. One of the scuff plates came off and fell somewhere in the city. The second rear door scuff plate too came off and I had kept it in the car safely. No such issues with the front scuff plates though. As and when I get my car moving again, I will get the rear door scuff plates re-fitted based on your photos .
Attached Thumbnails
Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2-dsc04356.jpg  

Last edited by skanchan95 : 15th January 2011 at 10:35.
Old 15th January 2011, 11:18   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

skanchan and flyingcolors,check out the scuff plate pics i have put up in my ownership thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2210305
Old 15th January 2011, 13:54   #506
BHPian

Even I have this problem (i20 Asta 1.2). Started noticing this after 1000 kms. If I take hands off the wheel, it veers to the left. Took it to Modi Hyundai and they fixed it after which, it felt a bit of pull to the right. Now again, its back to veering to the left (slightly) if I take hands off the wheel. Will have to speak to the service engineer during 2nd service. Do let us know if and how your problem got resolved.
Old 15th January 2011, 15:29   #507
BHPian

BTW - Are these scuff plates supposed to be lighted ones? I mean the i20 text lights up at night?

I always thought that these are just to prevent boot marks but yesterday I saw a Civic having the same where the letters in Civic were lighted up in blue.
Old 15th January 2011, 15:39   #508
Senior - BHPian

^You can only get lit scuff plates that say 'Hyundai'.

The plates available from dealer saying 'i20' are not lit!

I guess I'll be importing lit ones soon!
Old 15th January 2011, 19:24   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

One thing i noticed today while at Blue hyundai HASS was that the new i20 ASTA petrol does not come with discs on all 4 wheels..But the diesel had discs all around.Can any new i20 buyers confirm this?
Old 16th January 2011, 04:18   #510
BHPian

Quote:
One thing i noticed today while at Blue hyundai HASS was that the new i20 ASTA petrol does not come with discs on all 4 wheels..But the diesel had discs all around.Can any new i20 buyers confirm this?
Got my petrol Asta 5 months ago - only front has discs...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks