Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2011, 11:04   #616
BHPian

Re: Feels like i'm 20 now - Hyundai i20 Asta 1.2

so sad to hear about all this.
BTW, the brochure says that the 1.2 kappa engine is tweaked for the i20, and is euro V ready, but I thought it was the kappa2 that was euro V and the kappa was euro IV, can anyone please confirm this?
Thanks
Old 11th March 2011, 11:37   #617
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
What is the name of this part no? Urethane pad, Yoke spring or something else?
Its known as Kit - Steering Gear; Part No.08Z0X57776. There are 2 kits available for the same name i.e Kit-1 and Kit-2.

Kit-1 contains

1. Yoke Plug
2. Urethane Pad
3. Yoke Spring

Kit-2 contains

1. Urethane Pad
2. Yoke Spring

Let me get the concrete info about the Number of Vehicles effected with this issue and other details.. then i will open up a thread for the benefit of all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Wildon, anything about the AC cooling thingy?
Not yet
wildon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2011, 10:09   #618
BANNED

Its seems like the issue is present in 7,66,666 vehicles. (i10 & i20 combined). More info for the same can been read from the below link.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...se-issues.html
Old 13th March 2011, 20:09   #619
rbp
BHPian

Had been to the hass today to get the ac checked again. Showed the steering rattle too, the service guy agreed to the issue and bluntly told there is no fix to the issue ( take that Hyundai). I dunno what to say.
they refilled the ac gas. I know this isn't going to help, but still got it done.
Old 13th March 2011, 20:23   #620
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbp View Post
7 Showed the steering rattle too, the service guy agreed to the issue and bluntly told there is no fix to the issue ( take that Hyundai). I dunno what to say.
The guy is telling the bitter truth. There is no permanent fix for it, all this urethane pad/ yoke spring/ yoke plug drama is just eyewash!!!! Inspite of this drama, the rattle will come back again at some point of time in the future and Hyundai knows it. They are just simply cheating customers with their supposed "fix(s)".
Old 31st March 2011, 12:07   #621
Senior - BHPian

@Wildon and others - Please can you post the part number of the ECU rubber cover?

I'm having a hard time explaining to them what I'm exactly talking about. And eventually they deny that such a part exists!

(they denied part existence for rheostat illumination control as well as the glove box light unless I told them about the part number and then they ordered!)
Old 31st March 2011, 13:12   #622
Senior - BHPian

Sohail,
I think the ECU cover was meant to be installed on a particular batch of cars only. The later models had a rubber seal built inside the ECU to prevent water getting in(The WM had told me this when I had enquired about the same . He at that time had denied existence of any such ECU cover and said it was not needed)
Old 1st May 2011, 11:09   #623
BANNED

Its now more than 3000 k.m crossed after the last replacement (09.03.2011) of gear assembly - steering and the noise is back

The car AC is doing good as the rear passengers are not complaining so far at this summer. (don't know whether they have already done the fix without telling me)

I'm going to write again to the Hyundai , let see what they are replying this time.

Replaced both my front Wheel guards (898121J000- GUARD ASSY- FR WHEEL RH , 868111J000 - GUARD ASSY- FR WHEEL LH) as this plastics had some cracks due to the water splashing .

It costs Rs.277.90 each excluding taxes.
Old 1st May 2011, 11:17   #624
Senior - BHPian

Hyundai has to find the solution for this issue really soon and then announce a recall! They're taking us for granted as we are still appreciating their i10 and i20 and buying them in huge numbers. Please Hyundai, look into the issue before more new customers get affected :(
Old 1st May 2011, 19:27   #625
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Its now more than 3000 k.m crossed after the last replacement (09.03.2011) of gear assembly - steering and the noise is back

I'm going to write again to the Hyundai , let see what they are replying this time.
The standard reply shall be "Contact the dealer for resolution of your concern." or there shall be no reply at all. Even you know it that the rattle sound will only get louder as times passes by. I have lost faith and hope that Hyundai will ever find an answer to it. it is probably advisable to get rid of the car and get a new car from another car maker. The constant mental harassment and agony caused by this rattle and Hyundai's arrogant behaviour towards this issue is just not worth spoiling your peace of mind.

However, I would advise you to make a video/audio recording of the rattle by holding a recorder on your lap close to the steering column and send it to them( please do it safely on an empty stretch road). Not that it would make any difference, but atleast they won't be able to deny the existence of rattle in your car. If need be, you can use my video posted on youtube about the steering rattle to point out to Hyundai as well. But all this will be equivalent to "Bhains kay aagey been bajaana". They just wouldn't listen and will not care.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 1st May 2011 at 19:35.
Old 1st May 2011, 20:04   #626
Senior - BHPian

skanchan95, really appreciate your one man fight against Hyundai. I did n't believe when you predicted that the rattle will be back in Wildon's car.It is quite shocking that a car company like Hyundai cannot fix as small an issue like this rattle.They are very much aware of this and still misguide the customer by providing wrong solutions and assurances rather than root causing the issue. i can assure you there are many customers who are living with this problem either due to ignorance or chalta hai attitude which is milked by companies like Hyundai. Hyundai is a success due to thier excellent sales network. Their products are always high on gimmicks low on engineering excellence. My friend purchased an i10, He did not use the car for one week and the battery is dead.This happened after 3 weeks of purchase. The service guys is telling him that this is normal and should not keep the car idle for even a week. Also see what has happened to a moderator's brand new i10 automatic.
Cars are bound to face issues, but the real test of a brand is how the manufacturer/dealer approach and resolve those issues.

Last edited by poloman : 1st May 2011 at 20:11.
Old 1st May 2011, 21:21   #627
Senior - BHPian

I think we're on our own on this steering rattle issue!

Maybe we need to consult some competent third party garage to get their opinion or try to solve the issue ourselves!(with that special grease wildon was talking about)

Surprisingly, there's absolutely no rattle in my friend's i20 CRDi which he has for the past one year!! He went through quite rough patches of road and there wasnt any rattle at all!!(his is BS4 one)

This kinda got me thinking, what did they change after all in the new ones? and is that assembly compatible with pre-BS4 i20s?
Old 2nd May 2011, 20:16   #628
BHPian

Guys check out this Black Korean Beauty i20 Automatic.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2335648
Old 4th May 2011, 14:56   #629
BHPian

Posting here after a long break due to several reasons. Since my final service the steering wheel rattle has disappeared, have driven 1000kms after that.

I am considering adding a K&N Cone Air Filter/Intake to my i20 (1.2), not sure which model to get. Can anyone help?
Old 6th May 2011, 18:33   #630
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have couple of questions on i20 music player and roof antenna.

1) I play songs in music player usually using USB pen drive. In USB pen drive, i have stored and organized songs in folder structure. (Each folder for a movie and 5 to 6 songs within it). I want to play the songs in Random order, but whenever i select Random option, only the songs within a folder is played in Random order but not for the entire song list stored in complete USB pen drive. Is it possible to make the player recognize all the songs in USB pen drive and play it in random order, ignoring the folder structure?

2) Is it possible to fold/minimize the roof antenna on the top? I am unable to change its direction or minimize it when required.

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks