Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Long-Term Ownership Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2009, 15:15   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd View Post
Today, while driving on the expressway, a cow suddenly veered towards my car and hit the right side mirror breaking the mirror, though the other part/plastic is OK :( . I can still retrack or adjust the part that would hold the mirror.. Is only the mirror part availabe as spare part? or do I have to change the whole assembly of one side? or worst, do I need to change both the assemblies (left and right)? Any idea on the cost?
Honda will not replace the mirror itself. You should be able to find it in spare parts shop in Delhi though. I'm not sure where exactly. One mirror costs around 6K IIRC.
Old 21st November 2009, 17:09   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc15
The CD button is to switch among CD, Aux and USB. While playing the CD, if you press the CD/Aux button it will switch to iPod, if connected and vice versa.
Aha! I got the trick.. simply works! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalZ View Post
Honda will not replace the mirror itself. You should be able to find it in spare parts shop in Delhi though. I'm not sure where exactly. One mirror costs around 6K IIRC.
I contacted my Honda dealer and they insisted upong changing the whole portion/assembly and for that single piece, it costs Rs. 9K... What a loot? Didn't know it was that expensive!

Anyway, just went to a popular car accessories shop in Palika Bhawan, and got the mirror (along with the plastic washer) for just Rs. 120 and I perform a DYI and bingo.. its back to shape..

I also got the door silt guard without the LED display, as well as a complete set of transparent rubber mats including the dicky, especially made for Civic.. the rear mat comes in one piece.. now, all floors are completely covered and protected from dust/mud .. though, I wasted Rs. 600 in buying the generic mats a few days back.. call it impulsive buying!

Last edited by iTNerd : 21st November 2009 at 17:12.
Old 21st November 2009, 22:07   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
iTnerd,

Congrats on your acquisition. Is it just me or do you find the headlamp illumination a little inadequate too ? I got my Civic 2 days back, have driven about 300kms and certainly feel the need to have better lamps. Btw, mine is the same too, S-MT, White colour
Hi

Which dealer did you buy it from. Any discounts available. Did you finance your car if so which band did u get the finance done. planning to buy a civic soon
Old 21st November 2009, 22:28   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I contacted my Honda dealer and they insisted upong changing the whole portion/assembly and for that single piece, it costs Rs. 9K... What a loot? Didn't know it was that expensive!

Anyway, just went to a popular car accessories shop in Palika Bhawan, and got the mirror (along with the plastic washer) for just Rs. 120 and I perform a DYI and bingo.. its back to shape..
9k for changing one mirror assembly ? Thats daylight robbery. Guess all Honda owners need to do their homework on the availability of accessories outside the authorised service network. And 120 bucks is damn cheap I must say. Is the quality the same as the original though ? It would help if you could throw more light on the DIY job you did here.
Old 22nd November 2009, 21:03   #80
BHPian

@itnerd: nice pics and looks like you are racing ahead crossing 1000 km so fast... i thought you were going abroad or something? in fact it is me who has been sent abroad (UK) for nearly 2 months meaning my Civic is sitting idle at under 600 kms... cant wait to get back home and get it past the 1000 km run-in limit!
Old 22nd November 2009, 22:30   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr_zen View Post
9k for changing one mirror assembly ? Thats daylight robbery. Guess all Honda owners need to do their homework on the availability of accessories outside the authorised service network. And 120 bucks is damn cheap I must say. Is the quality the same as the original though ? It would help if you could throw more light on the DIY job you did here.
+ 1. Even i would like to know the DIY job you did.

Because even i was in a similar condition ones.We were in Mumbai & the RHS mirror dashed some other,& fell down braking (only the mirror with a black plastic thing behind it)
We got down to a car accessory shop & got the mirror for 200 bucks,all we had to do was to tuck that mirror in proper slots.
Old 23rd November 2009, 10:24   #82
Senior - BHPian

Some accessories that I added a few days back - a Civic rubber transparent mats with the dot dot undulation points at the bottom (to stick to the fabric mat), plus the side-step garnish plates without the LED.

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0093.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0094.jpg
Name:  Image0095.jpg
Views: 2719
Size:  104.8 KB
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0096.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0097.jpg

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil.Bhujbal View Post
+ 1. Even i would like to know the DIY job you did.

Because even i was in a similar condition ones.We were in Mumbai & the RHS mirror dashed some other,& fell down braking (only the mirror with a black plastic thing behind it)
We got down to a car accessory shop & got the mirror for 200 bucks,all we had to do was to tuck that mirror in proper slots.
Well, it is just the mirror laced with the black plastic frame.. Just need to insert the two pointed hinges to that of the RHS assembly and then firmly press the bottom of mirror horizontally against the RHS assembly and that's all.. (Same thing that Neil Bhujbal mentioned ) here are the images:

133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0098.jpg
133 PS of pure pleasure - new Honda Civic S (Tafeta White)-image0092.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalrao View Post
@itnerd: nice pics and looks like you are racing ahead crossing 1000 km so fast... i thought you were going abroad or something? in fact it is me who has been sent abroad (UK) for nearly 2 months meaning my Civic is sitting idle at under 600 kms... cant wait to get back home and get it past the 1000 km run-in limit!
Thanks vishal! I think i will complete 1000 kms in 2-3 days.. I know you must be missing your car... you said UK - why not buy a button engine starter module for the European Civic Type R? Would be a nice edition to your car!

Last edited by iTNerd : 23rd November 2009 at 10:29.
iTNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2009, 02:53   #83
BHPian

Quote:

Thats bad with Honda there.
Here in Jalandhar, Honda did replace only my mirror without any trouble.
I was only charged around 500 for the job.
BTW, the mirrors available aftermarket is of poor visibility as it is complete flat, the original one is a bit convex so give a higher view field.
Old 24th November 2009, 04:18   #84
BHPian

now thats an upgrade, my neighbours also got thier new civic and that too in white!! so i see it everyday and i love the looks!! but i also like the new altis! but civic still has the edge!
Old 27th November 2009, 16:12   #85
Senior - BHPian

First service done on 1068 kms:
Took the car to Ace Honda, Noida and completed the servicing and washing in 3 hrs.. washing/cleaning is thorough and I am more than happy with their service. I also replaced the RHS mirror again with the original Honda one - costed Rs. 460.. (Courtesy honda insisted that I need to change the whole RHS side mirror assembly and that would cost 9K! So, I ditched them and instead went to Ace Honda for service)

Overall cost for service = Rs. 0
Cost of RHS mirror = Rs. 460
Touch up done on the front bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsokhi View Post
Thats bad with Honda there.
Here in Jalandhar, Honda did replace only my mirror without any trouble.
I was only charged around 500 for the job.
BTW, the mirrors available aftermarket is of poor visibility as it is complete flat, the original one is a bit convex so give a higher view field.
yes, the aftermarket mirror shows up larger pictures as well. so had installed the original one from Honda..

Last edited by iTNerd : 27th November 2009 at 16:23.
Old 28th November 2009, 13:13   #86
Senior - BHPian

[quote=iTNerd;1595991]Some accessories that I added a few days back - a Civic rubber transparent mats with the dot dot undulation points at the bottom (to stick to the fabric mat), plus the side-step garnish plates without the LED.

iTNerd, I jus got the same rubber transparent mats for my Civic too.
Old 28th November 2009, 19:05   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some accessories that I added a few days back - a Civic rubber transparent mats with the dot dot undulation points at the bottom (to stick to the fabric mat), plus the side-step garnish plates without the LED.
Are these side-step garnish plates OE from Honda or aftermarket ones? How much did this cost you?

Quote:
I also replaced the RHS mirror again with the original Honda one - costed Rs. 460.. (Courtesy honda insisted that I need to change the whole RHS side mirror assembly and that would cost 9K! So, I ditched them and instead went to Ace Honda for service)
9K vs 460. Courtesy Honda has lost a customer there already ! I wonder why dealers do not adopt uniform practices w.r.t changing spares.

OT: The inner plastic frame shown in your pic above looks to be made of substandard quality.

Last edited by rr_zen : 28th November 2009 at 19:08.
Old 30th November 2009, 13:33   #88
Senior - BHPian

So far, I have driven the car with 4 grown adult and on varying speed breakers (especially the big one that is located while taking a left towards for Kalindi Kunj from mahamaya flyover while coming from Greater Noida expressway). So far, I have not experienced any scrapping or bottoming..

upgrade to 205/65/15 + stiffened suspension = works like a charm!
FE on my the current 260 kms = 13.4 kmpl (outskirts of Delhi/Noida Expressway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
iTNerd, I jus got the same rubber transparent mats for my Civic too.
Great! don't you love the way those rubber mats fits! How much you got for?

Quote:
Are these side-step garnish plates OE from Honda or aftermarket ones? How much did this cost you?
Aftermarket - Rs. 600.. the OE ones with the Civic LED glow costs 6K from what I heard!

Last edited by iTNerd : 30th November 2009 at 13:39.
Old 1st December 2009, 17:41   #89
Senior - BHPian

I had gone pass 1200 kms on the odo and had revved quite a bit till 4500 RPM after 1000 kms (1st service).. a friend of mine who also owned a Civic, recommended me not to rev pass 3K RPM for the first 3000 kms.. While taking delivery, the sales manager, when asked about the initial run-in period, replied of not requiring tap in the RPM level.. asked the service supervisor and only mentioned about not revving that high before 1st service.. the manual, I believe does not mention of run-in period...with so much different opinion, I wanted to know what teamBHP recommendation is when it comes to revving a new car.. Please comment!

Last edited by iTNerd : 1st December 2009 at 17:51.
Old 1st December 2009, 21:32   #90
BHPian

Manual mentions run-in period

Quote:
the manual, I believe does not mention of run-in period...
The manual does mention the run-in period and asks you to drive softly till 1K kms.
It also advises you to not brake hard for the first 300 kms.
(The page number is 206 in my 2007 model's manual under the heading 'Break-in period').

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks