Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2010, 16:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
A very well written and an elaborate review of the ANHC there, Jayanth. It was great to read all of it.
Thanks Kalyan, it is indeed very encouraging to see the members reply saying they liked the post.
Old 4th January 2010, 17:25   #32
BHPian

Congrats Jayanth on your ANHC. Nice color you have selected. Excellently written , well thought out review with great details. I enjoyed reading it from start to finish.
I have also been on the lookout for a sedan between 8-10 lacs (plan to buy within next 1-2 years). The ANHC and the Linea are amongst the top contenders though I am also waiting for Toyota Etios and the Polo sedan.

Enjoy your newfound love!
Old 4th January 2010, 20:10   #33
BHPian

Surd biker, Thanks for your feedback. You certainly can't find a better place than TBHP to make a decision. Make sure you read all ownership reviews and comparisions to arrive at a right decision. What I have seen here is that even the owners demonstrated unbiased opinion and it shows the quality of members TBS boasts with.
Old 4th January 2010, 20:26   #34
BHPian

Jayanth it was a very nice writeup and a honest one how much did the Stanley seats cost you? can u kindly tell me about the material used & its thickness also whether Stanley uses Buffalow leather or Cow? bye Happy new year.
Old 4th January 2010, 21:34   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Jayanth it was a very nice writeup and a honest one how much did the Stanley seats cost you? can u kindly tell me about the material used & its thickness also whether Stanley uses Buffalow leather or Cow? bye Happy new year
Hi Sathyaprakash
First of of thanks for your wishes and feedback.
The leather used is Desert Beige, 1.5mm thickness. It costed me 29k. I was told that they use cow/ox leather from Europe.
Happy new year to you too
Old 4th January 2010, 21:46   #36
BHPian

Jayanth,

Firstly, Congrats on your prized possession and Welcome to the ever growing ANHC club on Team-BHP.
Secondly, that is a real good detailed review which got me hooked on to this thread.
Couldn't agree more on all the points you have listed on ANHC.

Those seats are really good looking, and look better than the Ovion that I have put.
Enjoy many many happy miles on it and drive safe.

Btw, the VMT version have Tweeters too, if I am right. How does the ICE sound with them? cause I was planning to add tweeters from after-market.
Old 5th January 2010, 02:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your purchase. I had the old and the new honda city and i am sure this one is as good or even better then the previous 2 models. The seats look very appealing. Enjoy your ride.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:38   #38
BHPian

Thanks Hi Zoom and bigron.
Quote:
Those seats are really good looking, and look better than the Ovion that I have put.
Enjoy many many happy miles on it and drive safe.

Btw, the VMT version have Tweeters too, if I am right. How does the ICE sound with them? cause I was planning to add tweeters from after-market.
I think it does the job of a normal tweeter in detailing those high frequency sound. Compared to other ICE i felt that ANHC is a notch better in terms of quality of sound. If you're getting tweeters fitted I would suggest get it done from outside, purely because you have more and better options to choose from. The Honda tweeters are okay.
Old 5th January 2010, 08:46   #39
BHPian

Quote:
However, I felt Honda should have done a bit better in the suspension setup. At times, I felt my old Palio scores better in his department compared to ANHC. At low speeds, the suspension is good. However, as the speed builds up, it starts trasnmitting the road undulations and roughness inside and here's exactly my feeling comes.
Pratim,
I can't agree with you more on the fact that the noise generated from road undulations are transmitted into the cabin. My car runs on Goodyear GT3 (175/65/R 15), which obviously came with the car. I am wondering if your car also runs on Goodyear, if it does, it will be interesting to note the opinion from those who have Michelin tyres. Any idea?
Old 6th January 2010, 08:51   #40
BHPian

Hello members,
Has anyone experienced the suspension noise and cabin noise transmitted from road undulations from the ANHC? I am planning to visit the Magnum Service this weekend for a check.
We are discussing 2 issues here.
1. Suspension noise - Is this something that is seen on all ANHC?
2. Noise transmitted to the cabin due to road undulations - Is it because of the tyres. My car is on Goodyear GT3 175/65/R 15, Alloy wheels. I would like to hear from those who have Michelin tyres.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:49   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
We are discussing 2 issues here.
2. Noise transmitted to the cabin due to road undulations - Is it because of the tyres. My car is on Goodyear GT3 175/65/R 15, Alloy wheels. I would like to hear from those who have Michelin tyres.
Answer to Q1 is No, i have not experienced this

Answer to Q2 is yes / no / partially yes. My ANHC is on Stock Michelins

If the windows are closed, AC is on, Music is ON, then i do not hear any Road noise.

If windows are open then some noise is heard any way. But the noise is very less when the car is running <80 KMPH, Between 80-110 the noise is high, >120 again road noise is lesser, but noise from the air flow is very high.
Old 6th January 2010, 10:52   #42
BHPian

Same with me too. I am also running on stock Michelins. No suspension noise. Road noise, some times it do filter in.
Old 6th January 2010, 11:12   #43
BHPian

Thanks Star and joe for pitching into this discussion. For the issue 2, looks like Goodyear is the culprit. For issue 1 anyway I will need to take it up with the Service folks.
Quote:
If the windows are closed, AC is on, Music is ON, then i do not hear any Road noise.
For me it's the opposite, if the windows are closed the noise from uneven road is very evident, however when the windows are open the air gushing noise is so prominent that I don't hear any tyre/undulation noise.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:20   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
I installed the hella relay & the hella bulbs. But i suggest you go in for hella relays and philips rally bulbs. The power is 90/100 or 95/100. You need not worry about wire cuts , since none of the wires are cut. Its just clips and plastic connectors. I got it done a HOT TRACKS on victoria road. I suggest you go for somebody else, since i found this guy a little arrogant.Not very kind to buyers.
1+
I agree the owner of Hot Tracks, Anil, is very arrogant person, i will never go to him again, I bought it from there and Got it installed with another Hot Tracks branch near Indiranagar BDA complex. Rajesh looks after this branch, he is very nice person and customer friendly. I had problem with my relay kit got it replaced immediately as it had warranty.

Go for Roots, Bosch or Hella Relay kits only, Dont go for PMP or sona which are not good and are primitive in design.

Any of you tried 100/130W bulbs on ANHC ?

I feel i have to change the focus of the light to higher position when its in 0 position with high beam, High beam focus is falling on road nearer instead of straight. Recently my friend Got this high beam straightened for his accent, hope we have the same option in ANHC.

Last edited by shamanth : 6th January 2010 at 12:22.
Old 6th January 2010, 12:24   #45
BHPian

-----------------------------------
2. Noise transmitted to the cabin due to road undulations - Is it because of the tyres. My car is on Goodyear GT3 175/65/R 15, Alloy wheels. I would like to hear from those who have Michelin tyres.[/quote]
-------------------------------------

I had test driven the ANHC and I can say that the noise is due to tyres and road condition,because of this only i had to test drive at different dealeship.
In fact one saleslady was justifying that the air-inlet passage to the engines is along the bonnet and the the noise will be always there.
Thankfully she was wrong as the noise was not present in other test vehicles and my ANHC came with Michelins and does not make sound. Only whenever the road condition changes, there is some sound.
DUring my recent 1700 Km journey on Bangalore-Hubli-Bijapur and return journey, I had tough time on NH-4, due to the enormous speed breakers, i advise all ANHC owners to be extremely careful. I was caling this an "Anamoluus behaviour of Honda", when a well behaved honda starts, twisting,turning and banging whenever a speedbreaker comes.
Beware of big humps enroute to NH-4, (peenya-Neelmangala)
A great car during long journey, I could drive for 14 hours (with occasional short breaks) but was not tired.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks