Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2010, 13:00   #181
BHPian

Are these 3D mats available for other cars as well?
Old 25th July 2010, 13:49   #182
BHPian

Hello guys!

Does anyone know how much the Illuminated scuff plate and the interior lighting package for the ANHC cost?

@ jayanth_yk :
Just had a query regarding the A/C. My A/C is quite audible while the car is idling. Is that normal? I mean the engine is super silent and I can hardly hear it even while the A/C is off. But once the A/C is switched on, the compressor is very audible. Is it this way in your ANHC?
Old 25th July 2010, 18:54   #183
BHPian

hi Stig i got them on my City V-MT. Side step illumination costed around 9K and interior dashboard illumination costs 17 K.
You can check the pics on my thread.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ty-v-mt-2.html
Old 25th July 2010, 20:41   #184
BHPian

@ zoom_vroom:

Hey thanks for the link. The pictures were helpful. Is the foot light a part of the Interior Illumination package or do I have to get that separately?

And I see your car is white. Mine is white too! Its the best color they offer in my opinion!
Old 25th July 2010, 22:27   #185
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
Hello guys!

Does anyone know how much the Illuminated scuff plate and the interior lighting package for the ANHC cost?

@ jayanth_yk :
Just had a query regarding the A/C. My A/C is quite audible while the car is idling. Is that normal? I mean the engine is super silent and I can hardly hear it even while the A/C is off. But once the A/C is switched on, the compressor is very audible. Is it this way in your ANHC?
Ya, i also hear the sound when A/C is on. Not sure if this is compressor sound. It sounds like engine fan for me.
Old 26th July 2010, 07:24   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Are these 3D mats available for other cars as well?
They are available for other cars. You may need to check with them. I saw one available for E250 and C class also.
Old 26th July 2010, 07:26   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Ya, i also hear the sound when A/C is on. Not sure if this is compressor sound. It sounds like engine fan for me.
Even I too believe it's the compressor noise. May be because the engine is so silent that all other noises become evident.
Old 26th July 2010, 11:00   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Even I too believe it's the compressor noise. May be because the engine is so silent that all other noises become evident.
Hi jayanth,
Congrats on a great buy!!! Enjoy the baby.
One of my friends bought an ANHC last month. He also was worried about the noise.

I don't think you should be too much bothered about that. We checked it with one of our friends who has a Civic. He showed the same noise in his Civic too.He said there's nothing to be panicky about. ( The Civic owner , I must tell you has thorough knowledge about cars. So we take his words without any doubts)

If you are still unconvvinced, you could take it to showroom. I would suggest you check it in Civic too.

BR
Old 26th July 2010, 11:33   #189
Senior - BHPian

My Civic is also pretty noisy from outside when Ac is switched on. But cannot make out the difference much when inside the car.
Old 26th July 2010, 12:59   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Yeh, this seems to be normal as I checked in almost 6 vehicles and it's the same. Engine being so silent at idle makes this very audible.

But, one question to all ANHC owners I hear engine being silent in most of the post's is it really true?

I feel it's quite only in idle else it roars. NHC on the other hand which I drove considerable times (IDSI engine) was butter smooth in most of the rev bands. IVTEC is noisy. Just want to check whether mine is normal?

I fell the roar of the engine more predominantly in city driving, while on highways I could feel more of tyre noise (mine being MRF, I requested MICH but couldn't get)
Old 26th July 2010, 13:21   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
But, one question to all ANHC owners I hear engine being silent in most of the post's is it really true?
Well Raghu, IMHO, your experience is normal and there is nothing to worry. Its more or less like below RPM levels of 2200-2300, the engine roar is hardly audible within the car. Once, we zoom past that level, I think the engine starts to roar.

And the roar is less audible(or not at all) when one is new to the car. Once driven around for about 2-3 months, it is evident to start hearing the roar even at lower RPM levels. I think its because we start knowing the car better by this time and get used to picking up the roar even when it is not very prominent.

I had the same experience with my Santro. It was more noisier compared to the ANHC.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 26th July 2010 at 13:22.
Old 26th July 2010, 13:22   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Yeh, this seems to be normal as I checked in almost 6 vehicles and it's the same. Engine being so silent at idle makes this very audible.

I feel it's quite only in idle else it roars. NHC on the other hand which I drove considerable times (IDSI engine) was butter smooth in most of the rev bands. IVTEC is noisy. Just want to check whether mine is normal?

I fell the roar of the engine more predominantly in city driving, while on highways I could feel more of tyre noise (mine being MRF, I requested MICH but couldn't get)
I had owned NHC for 3 years (40 K kms) and now ANHC (completed 25 K). ANHC sound insulation seem to be a bit of a culprit here. Yes, NHC was more quiet during normal driving, but on the highway you cross 100 kmph and the engine would be buzzy, add the wind noise, the whole atmosphere inside the car would be very noisy(was hard to listen to music). On the other hand, in ANHC you mostly hear road noise during high speed cruising.
Old 26th July 2010, 15:38   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
Well Raghu, IMHO, your experience is normal and there is nothing to worry. Its more or less like below RPM levels of 2200-2300, the engine roar is hardly audible within the car. Once, we zoom past that level, I think the engine starts to roar.

And the roar is less audible(or not at all) when one is new to the car. Once driven around for about 2-3 months, it is evident to start hearing the roar even at lower RPM levels. I think its because we start knowing the car better by this time and get used to picking up the roar even when it is not very prominent.

I had the same experience with my Santro. It was more noisier compared to the ANHC.
Raghu,
True, like most of us agree there is considerable engine noise after 2.2k rpm and huh! the MRFs nor the GoodYears don't help things either. Raghu, since you do lot of highway driving, thought of 195/60/R15 Primacy LCs upgrade? I am thinking about it, haven't decided yet.

Guna,
I know you have upgraded, how is the overall feel after the upgrade? viz..handling, road noise, steering feedback (low and high speeds) etc??

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 26th July 2010 at 15:39.
Old 26th July 2010, 16:55   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post

ok, so we are on similar lines. I was worried as I see lot of posts these days mentioning engine is utter quite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
I had owned NHC for 3 years (40 K kms) and now ANHC (completed 25 K). ANHC sound insulation seem to be a bit of a culprit here. Yes, NHC was more quiet during normal driving, but on the highway you cross 100 kmph and the engine would be buzzy, add the wind noise, the whole atmosphere inside the car would be very noisy(was hard to listen to music). On the other hand, in ANHC you mostly hear road noise during high speed cruising.
my experience with NHC was limited to city driving, I agree NHC is quite in normal driving. I wish there could be something we can do atleast to lower the noise.

Quote:
Raghu,
True, like most of us agree there is considerable engine noise after 2.2k rpm and huh! the MRFs nor the GoodYears don't help things either. Raghu, since you do lot of highway driving, thought of 195/60/R15 Primacy LCs upgrade? I am thinking about it, haven't decided yet.

Guna,
I know you have upgraded, how is the overall feel after the upgrade? viz..handling, road noise, steering feedback (low and high speeds) etc??
Jayanth, I did BLR-Tirupati this weekend and added another 580 to the ODO, Iam seriously considering to upgrade the tyres. Iam in the same state, Yet to decide.
Old 26th July 2010, 17:44   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStig View Post
@ zoom_vroom:

Hey thanks for the link. The pictures were helpful. Is the foot light a part of the Interior Illumination package or do I have to get that separately?

And I see your car is white. Mine is white too! Its the best color they offer in my opinion!
Not sure about it as i got them seperately. Agree that white is the best shade in ANHC, coz the grey grill really compliments white and silver color a lot.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks