Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2010, 18:41   #196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Guna,
I know you have upgraded, how is the overall feel after the upgrade? viz..handling, road noise, steering feedback (low and high speeds) etc??
Positives are:
  • steering feedback has improved. There is a very strong tendency to self center (in fact little too much). You don't need to overcompensate by turning the wheel the other way to get back to the straight ahead position now.
  • Feels more grippy

Negatives
  • Harsh ride on broken surface ( i think wider tyre offers lesser cushioning)
  • Roadnoise
  • Poor milage (must have taken at least 1 kmpl)
Old 26th July 2010, 19:35   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Positives are:
  • steering feedback has improved. There is a very strong tendency to self center (in fact little too much). You don't need to overcompensate by turning the wheel the other way to get back to the straight ahead position now.
  • Feels more grippy

Negatives
  • Roadnoise
Yeah, me too feel the steering gets self centered, Sometime it gets annoying as well.

I thought and feel wider tyres are providing more cushioning in comparison to stock.

Milage I thought is less by .5 kmpl .
Old 27th July 2010, 09:52   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Positives are:
  • Feels more grippy
Negatives
  • Roadnoise
I am surprised that there is road noise. I hope it is primacy lc is it? I heard from few others who upgraded to P-LC say that the noice level has come done quite a bit
Old 27th July 2010, 09:55   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am surprised that there is road noise. I hope it is primacy lc is it? I heard from few others who upgraded to P-LC say that the noice level has come done quite a bit
No Jayanth, I went for Goodyear GT3 (same as what came as stock but wider)
Old 27th July 2010, 12:41   #200
BHPian

Quote:
No Jayanth, I went for Goodyear GT3 (same as what came as stock but wider)
Ok, that could be the reason. I have upgraded to Primacy LC and feel more cushioning and less difference in mileage.
Old 29th July 2010, 13:34   #201
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Jayanth
I read on another post that you got a surface treatment done. Can you tell me what products did they use and what was the result you saw? Have been active on the car care thread where we are discussing at length on surface treatment etc and have yet to find a place that is professional enough.
BTW next time you want a quick surface treatment, i can do it for 1.5k
Old 29th July 2010, 14:28   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeastFieast View Post
Ok, that could be the reason. I have upgraded to Primacy LC and feel more cushioning and less difference in mileage.
TheBeastFiest,
How do you feel in cornering? Has it improved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Jayanth
I read on another post that you got a surface treatment done. Can you tell me what products did they use and what was the result you saw? Have been active on the car care thread where we are discussing at length on surface treatment etc and have yet to find a place that is professional enough.
BTW next time you want a quick surface treatment, i can do it for 1.5k
That is great. I got in done from SKB AUTO CARE. This guy came home and did it for me. He charged 2.5k for my car, and 2 bikes. He used all 3m products.
That is nice to know you do it for 1.5k, Can you elaborate on the work involved, product used etc?
Old 29th July 2010, 15:14   #203
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
TheBeastFiest,

That is great. I got in done from SKB AUTO CARE. This guy came home and did it for me. He charged 2.5k for my car, and 2 bikes. He used all 3m products.
That is nice to know you do it for 1.5k, Can you elaborate on the work involved, product used etc?
Dude, i am kidding My expertise is more as a hobby, have not ventured out as yet.
But to tell you what i have learnt is to do with meguiars. Use claying, then polish, then apply sealant+wax. I think the 3m prods they used are the ones sold in india? Those are decent, but not that great. Check out the thread on car care, loads of expertise through mine and others exp
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...ml#post2002316
Don't mind giving you a session for 1.5K for 2 hours though to start my professional services provided you can come home
Old 29th July 2010, 15:38   #204
BHPian

Quote:
TheBeastFiest,
Haven't done a very fast speed cornering, nor does i have any intention to do that
Old 29th July 2010, 16:34   #205
BHPian

Quote:
Don't mind giving you a session for 1.5K for 2 hours though to start my professional services provided you can come home
Now I know for sure you are kidding, 1.5k for a 2 hour session
Nevertheless it's a nice business to venture into.
Old 29th July 2010, 18:03   #206
mkh
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now I know for sure you are kidding, 1.5k for a 2 hour session
Nevertheless it's a nice business to venture into.
But actually it does not take more than that for an expert guy to treat your car!!! Even if you go for a proper treatment with machine etc, it takes that much time. I think it will be about 2-3 hours for surface protection treatment( that's what it takes for my car). Its not about the time, its about the expertise
Yes, soon i will take this up, but meanwhile if you want to meet up and have an idea on what i do and what i use, lets meet up sometime
Old 29th July 2010, 18:42   #207
BHPian

Quote:
But actually it does not take more than that for an expert guy to treat your car!!! Even if you go for a proper treatment with machine etc, it takes that much time. I think it will be about 2-3 hours for surface protection treatment( that's what it takes for my car). Its not about the time, its about the expertise
Yes, soon i will take this up, but meanwhile if you want to meet up and have an idea on what i do and what i use, lets meet up sometime
Sure will, I will msg you, we can meetup sometimes.
Old 29th July 2010, 19:22   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Sure will, I will msg you, we can meetup sometimes.
Jayanth,

I called Mukunda and got an appointment for this Sunday to get the detailing done on my Car. Hope SUN would be out on that day, as he suggested to get it done only during the sunlight.

Yeh, count me in for a meet.

Cheers
Raghu
Old 29th July 2010, 21:21   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu230506 View Post
Jayanth,

I called Mukunda and got an appointment for this Sunday to get the detailing done on my Car. Hope SUN would be out on that day, as he suggested to get it done only during the sunlight.

Yeh, count me in for a meet.

Cheers
Raghu
He did a pretty good job for my car. When you meet him tell him that he is due for a free wax coat for my car
Old 30th July 2010, 15:35   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
I finally got the mats I was looking for. I am happy about how perfectly it fits on the floor and easer to wash and maintain. Here are some pics.
Jayanth, the quality fit and finish of these mats looks great. Even i am tempted to get one. Are these mats as easy to maintain as our rubber mats, are they made of rubber or plastic kind of material ? like washing it with water and will it get dry soon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks