Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2010, 13:22   #46
BHPian

Quote:
DUring my recent 1700 Km journey on Bangalore-Hubli-Bijapur and return journey, I had tough time on NH-4, due to the enormous speed breakers, i advise all ANHC owners to be extremely careful. I was caling this an "Anamoluus behaviour of Honda", when a well behaved honda starts, twisting,turning and banging whenever a speedbreaker comes.
Beware of big humps enroute to NH-4, (peenya-Neelmangala)
I can't agree with you more on the "Anomalous humps" on the Peenya-Nelamangala stretch. I feel so hurt when the humps hit the belly. I was thinking whom to blame, Honda for making it so low on the ground or the hill-like humps. Ironically it's defnitely not the humps because we all know it's something that will never change in India. That is why in the feedback points I mentioned it's good to have "Raise suspension" option only for Indian Roads. Huh.
Old 6th January 2010, 13:27   #47
BHPian

Quote:
I had test driven the ANHC and I can say that the noise is due to tyres and road condition,because of this only i had to test drive at different dealeship.
In fact one saleslady was justifying that the air-inlet passage to the engines is along the bonnet and the the noise will be always there.
Thankfully she was wrong as the noise was not present in other test vehicles and my ANHC came with Michelins and does not make sound. Only whenever the road condition changes, there is some sound.
Great! looks like the curprit is the Goodyear tyres. It will be interesting to hear from members with ANHC on Goodyear stock tyres, like me. I am surely going to take this up with either Honda directly or through the dealer.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
I had problem with my relay kit got it replaced immediately as it had warranty.
whats was the problem?

Quote:
Any of you tried 100/130W bulbs on ANHC ?
Wow man, that would be lots of fun driving in the night which i do. have you tried yet? whats the cost ?

Quote:
I feel i have to change the focus of the light to higher position when its in 0 position with high beam, High beam focus is falling on road nearer instead of straight. Recently my friend Got this high beam straightened for his accent, hope we have the same option in ANHC]
Lets try it man.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nandans2005 View Post
whats was the problem?

Wow man, that would be lots of fun driving in the night which i do. have you tried yet? whats the cost ?

Lets try it man.
Relay cutout had become direct, And headlight got switched when i had parked the car, even though headlight switch was off, then i removed the plug from bulbs, so that it wont drain the battery, since i had some knowledge of installing bulbs. Relay cut-out was changed, its working fine now. Good thing that hella provides warranty for 6 months.

Yes, for the same Hella relay unit we can install 100/130w of bulb, since the bulb connector is made of ceramic it wont burn out. have read somewhere in t-bhp few guys are using for couple of years without any issue. But some people tell it will virtually blind on coming traffic if high beam is used. Should cost couple of 100's more than 90/100w.
Old 6th January 2010, 16:55   #50
BHPian

Hi Nandan,
I contacted Mr. Pramod from Car Kemp, he asked me whether the ANHC comes with H1 or H4 bulbs, in the manual it says H4, According to him if it's H4 I can't install the 90/100W Rally bulbs.
Anyone wants to comment on this? If you already have this installed, a pic or two would be great.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:19   #51
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
Hi Nandan,
I contacted Mr. Pramod from Car Kemp, he asked me whether the ANHC comes with H1 or H4 bulbs, in the manual it says H4, According to him if it's H4 I can't install the 90/100W Rally bulbs.
Anyone wants to comment on this? If you already have this installed, a pic or two would be great.
Don't install 90/100w without installing relay kit. It might cause serious damage to your car electrical like burning out of plastic bulb holder, some fuse or switch going off or wire burning off.

As per manual its H4 55/60w, the stock wiring is equipped to handle only this much wattage, if you want to go for higher wattage relay kit should be installed which has thicker wire, cut-out and ceramic bulb holder.

My friend who has installed 90/100w bulb on his stock wire had couple of switches burnt out.

Last edited by shamanth : 6th January 2010 at 17:23.
Old 6th January 2010, 17:25   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Don't install 90/100w without installing relay kit. It might cause serious damage to your car electrical.

My friend who has installed 90/100w bulb on his stock wire had couple of switches burnt out.
What is the one that you got on your ANHC? is it 100/90 or 100/130? If either one of them, do you think it's worth upgrading? Do they fair better in lighting esp in highways?
Old 6th January 2010, 17:37   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What is the one that you got on your ANHC? is it 100/90 or 100/130? If either one of them, do you think it's worth upgrading? Do they fair better in lighting esp in highways?
Got 100/90 with Hella relay, and there was a big difference in lighting. Earlier i used to feel completely blinded with incoming high beam vehicles, now after conversion its pretty good. But i feel focus of the light has to be adjusted bit higher for highway driving, i will get it done soon in service center.

I had earlier converted my Zen to 100/90 with roots relay, Since i am used to this powerful light i changed my ANHC also, as i felt stock lighting was pathetic to drive in highways.
Old 6th January 2010, 18:43   #54
BHPian

I too have got Goodyear GT3 Tires and they are not that bad, IMHO. In fact i have said in my ownership thread that I am Pleasantly surprised.I have traveled 472 kms with them without any sort of noise ,even while moving over no roads.
I wanted to change my tires to Michelin too,but came across a thread where the Michelin sidewall was completely destroyed..so ,will change my tires after these are worn out.

Hope this was of some help
Old 6th January 2010, 20:25   #55
BHPian

Shamanth,
That is a good amount of information you got me there. One last question how much did it cost for you? Hella relay+10/90W Rally Bulbs
Old 6th January 2010, 20:32   #56
BHPian

Quote:
I too have got Goodyear GT3 Tires and they are not that bad, IMHO. In fact i have said in my ownership thread that I am Pleasantly surprised.I have traveled 472 kms with them without any sort of noise ,even while moving over no roads.
I wanted to change my tires to Michelin too,but came across a thread where the Michelin sidewall was completely destroyed..so ,will change my tires after these are worn out.

Hope this was of some help
That is certainly encouraging. I am not in any mindset of changing the tyres either, however I wanted to find the root cause of the problem. I now have enough data points to discuss with the service tech.
Old 6th January 2010, 22:33   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Shamanth,
That is a good amount of information you got me there. One last question how much did it cost for you? Hella relay+10/90W Rally Bulbs
Hella Relay kit = 850

Philips Rally 100/90w = 310
Old 7th January 2010, 09:51   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Hello members,
Has anyone experienced the suspension noise and cabin noise transmitted from road undulations from the ANHC? I am planning to visit the Magnum Service this weekend for a check.
We are discussing 2 issues here.
1. Suspension noise - Is this something that is seen on all ANHC?
2. Noise transmitted to the cabin due to road undulations - Is it because of the tyres. My car is on Goodyear GT3 175/65/R 15, Alloy wheels. I would like to hear from those who have Michelin tyres.
1. I do not hear any suspension noise.
2. This happens some times due to the different road textures. Mine is VMT and the tires are Michelin. I think all V MT models come with Michelin.
Old 7th January 2010, 10:22   #59
BHPian

QUOTE]
2. This happens some times due to the different road textures. Mine is VMT and the tires are Michelin. I think all V MT models come with Michelin.
[/quote]

Actually mine is also VMT and I got Goodyear stock. Looks like the Goodyear population is very less. I will visit the dealer this weekend about the 2 issues.
Old 7th January 2010, 12:52   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstlndrive View Post
+1 The same in my case too. I have a V MT with Michelin tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk
Actually mine is also VMT and I got Goodyear stock. Looks like the Goodyear population is very less. I will visit the dealer this weekend about the 2 issues.
All V MT's that I saw since December 1st week at my dealers stockyard(was there atleat on four different occasions) had Michelin tyres on them.

Last edited by kalyan_hyd : 7th January 2010 at 12:54.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks