Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2010, 11:20   #151
BHPian

Shmanth> thanks for your comment and experience now i know what to go for how much did u pay for the labour to do this job? is any wire cutting needed ?
Old 19th April 2010, 11:31   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Shmanth> thanks for your comment and experience now i know what to go for how much did u pay for the labour to do this job? is any wire cutting needed ?

No Labour 10 mins job, AFAIK there is no wire cutting.
Old 19th April 2010, 11:47   #153
BHPian

sathya,

Dont worry, just go for it. You will amazed by the time taken to do this job. Shamanth is absolutely right when he is saying there are no wire cuts. Its just an additional wiring harness running parallel to the stock harness.

i am sure you will enjoy the night drives on the dark highways.After the upgrade, I drove to madurai in the night, believe me it was really nice.

keep us posted on your findings. Dont forget to keep the original bulbs as standby in the car.

Last edited by nandans2005 : 19th April 2010 at 11:48.
Old 19th April 2010, 12:18   #154
BHPian

Quote:
You car shines, really shines like the one & the only Rajinikanth !!!
Intresting analogy.

Quote:
Never try to compare what is outside India (e.g. US) vs what is in India
that becomes basis of stress, dis-satisfaction, anger, sulking, etc etc.
just imagine one thing, the cost of a particular goods/service is x here, it costs ~45x in US.

Where as the cost of making the goods/service remains more or less same or at max 4x or 5x. With such high margins one can certainly invest in better infrastructure/process/methods to deliver superior satisfaction.

Secondly the volumes in US are several times higher than those in India. Hence the return on investment is faster and hence more attractive to investment.

in other word, i do not think anyone would pay for a US level of service in india when it costs 40 times what it costs. e.g. a Washing/Cleaning job costing 40 x 250 RS = 10000 RS (200$).
I agree that the service cost should not be compared, however what makes the Indian consumer demand for equal service standards is the huge initial investment that we Indians make when buying a new car. Thanks to huge import duties that our government imposes.
For instance, on an avg. ANHC costs about 10L ~ $22K in US. For this price you get a fully loaded CRV in the US. Yes US is a volume heavy country and there is great importance on A.S.S. Leaving the US how many countries are consumer friendly. Although things in India are fast catching up with the US on service levels it is still desirable and this is something that will not be changed overnight.
Until then good luck with A.S.S
Old 19th April 2010, 12:38   #155
mkh
Senior - BHPian

since there are many ANHC owners posting here, posing the question here itself:
What is the average servicing cost that one incurs? Can owners post that info ( to know if the maintenance is as high as people say) I guess the first 2 free services can be discounted, from the 3rd onwards is what will give the right picture. I know spares are highest amongst all sedans
Old 19th April 2010, 13:07   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
What is the average servicing cost that one incurs? Can owners post that info ( to know if the maintenance is as high as people say) I guess the first 2 free services can be discounted, from the 3rd onwards is what will give the right picture. I know spares are highest amongst all sedans
I am still inside the free service zone. I will not comment on the avg service cost over a longer period. There are members like SkyWalker and Mevtec who have completed 1 year of owning ANHC, can give a better picture.

I am not sure if the maintance cost is high since the overall build quality is top notch which applies to previous 2 gen's of city as well. You get 4 year (2+2) warranty or 80,000 Kms which ever is earlier deal, which I think no other automobile company will give in India. As a lot of Honda owners have shared in the forum the equipment quality on their automobiles is second to none.

Regarding the spares, you bet, they're expensive. I had to replace a rear back light assembly (LHS) and it costed me 2.5k compared to 1.4K for Fiesta and 1.7K for Verna.
Old 20th April 2010, 10:31   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkh View Post
Just as Jayanth suggested, do take time to read Mevtec's thread here(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...swift-vdi.html) and SkyWalker's thread here(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...-6000-kms.html).

Mevtec recently completed 17k kms on his ANHC and Sky around 10k kms and both of them have put-in all service related details including costs on their threads.

I agree with you when you say the spares are highly priced. Otherwise, as per my observation, the running/ maintenance costs are comparable to any small car(viz Santro, I have a prior experience with Santro, I used to spend around Rs 1500.00 every 6 months on its maintenance).

I think we are hi-jacking Jayanth's thread here.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:14   #158
BHPian

5000 Kms Update

I have just about completed 5k Kms, infact 5027 Kms to be exact. Here is the snapshot of the ownership experience.

Summary
My car would be completing 5 months coming May 3rd, which means average run is approximately 1000 Kms/month. My usage thus far mainly accounts long distance travel (Bangalore-Shimoga) and very less of city use (mainly during weekends) since I prefer to travel by company transport or sometimes on bike for work commute.

The experience
It's been a trouble-free ownership thus far, even now I come up with excuses to take the car out, primarily because I hardly take the car out on a day-to-day life.

Issues or Conerns
As stated above overall it's been great ownership experience. The best part is there are no surprises, it's a no-nonsense car, no niggles what so ever. There are 2 issues that I can think of which are very minor ofcourse.
- Changing gear from 3->2 and 2-1 feels stiffer when the car is kept idle for 2-3 days. This settles down after driving few Kms and feels very smooth after. Now it's not as bad as before. I think few members have also reported this issue.
- The horn sometime sounds mis-tuned on a fairly long press. I will need to remember to report this the next time I leave the car for service.

Dents Scratches
There is a dent on the R-LHS door, caused to a stone flicked from a fast moving bike.
Small unnoticeable scratches along the LHS doors caused again by falling stone from the lorry. My car seems to attract stones

Service History
The car has completed 2 free services, the first at 980 Kms and the second at 2.5k Kms which included oil change. Service offered by Magnum Honda on both occassions have been fairly satisfactory.
Old 22nd April 2010, 10:16   #159
BHPian

5000 Kms Update

Not sure why it got posted twice. Deleting the duplicate

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 22nd April 2010 at 10:19.
Old 22nd April 2010, 12:38   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayanth_yk View Post
My car would be completing 5 months coming May 3rd, which means average run is approximately 1000 Kms/month.
Good for you, my car's average run is around 500 kms/month. But, unlike you, I get to take the car out everyday to commute to office and to shop during the weekend. Though, I am not sure if this is an advantage or a dis-advantage because driving is painful at times in the bumper to bumper traffic. Am longing to take a long drive on the highway.

Quote:
Changing gear from 3->2 and 2-1 feels stiffer when the car is kept idle for 2-3 days. This settles down after driving few Kms and feels very smooth after. Now it's not as bad as before. I think few members have also reported this issue.
This is an on and off issue with my car. At times, I noticed/ feel that it is related to my seating position too.

Quote:
The horn sometime sounds mis-tuned on a fairly long press. I will need to remember to report this the next time I leave the car for service.
My Honda A.S.S got the horn changed in my ANHC under the warranty during the 2nd service. The new one is better and doesn't seem to mis-tune. You should report it to your service center.
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:36   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalyan_hyd View Post
My Honda A.S.S got the horn changed in my ANHC under the warranty during the 2nd service. The new one is better and doesn't seem to mis-tune. You should report it to your service center.
Okay, looks like I need a replacement too. I remember you mentioning in one of your posts.
Old 4th June 2010, 10:00   #162
BHPian

I am scheduled to leave my car for 3rd service, Any advice on what to expect in 3rd free service? Is there an oil change? filter change? etc..Also if there is a need for checking the wheel allignment is it better to get this done outside or with dealer? Suggestions please..
Old 4th June 2010, 10:26   #163
BHPian

Quote:
I am scheduled to leave my car for 3rd service, Any advice on what to expect in 3rd free service? Is there an oil change? filter change? etc..Also if there is a need for checking the wheel allignment is it better to get this done outside or with dealer? Suggestions please..
Hi Jayanth,

Yes, as part of 3rd free service, Oil and filter change would be done.

Better to check te allignment from outside, I do that as showroom guys charge 350 more than the guy who does for me.
Old 7th June 2010, 10:59   #164
BHPian

Quote:
In the car's service manual, on the reverse of the 3rd free service coupon, all mandatory changes/ checks that are necessary to be performed during this service are noted down. Yes, oil change and oil filter change are performed during the 3rd service.

As Raghu suggested, prefer the wheel alignment done from outside. Not just for the monetary benefit but also because I tend to observe that dedicated wheel alignment service stations tend to do a better job than that of the car A.S.S.

I used to get the wheel alignment and balancing done once every 10k kms for my Santro and I think I'll stick to the same routine for my ANHC too.
Old 7th June 2010, 11:19   #165
BHPian

Thanks Raghu and Kalyan for the info. Infact I got my 3rd free service done, and they did change the oil and oil filter. My car has done 5.5k Kms, the SA found the condition of the oil is still new, he insisisted that I change the oil as per the norms by Honda.
This time I remembered to complain about the Horn issue I had, the outcome was, it seems the terminals were rusted and had to do a cleaning of that. Although the frequency of double noise has reduced, I did notice 2 times since saturday. Not sure how long it will hold on.

There were no other complaints.

I was quite happy with the way the car was cleaned inspite of the rush on a weekend.
There were as many as 18 ANHC, 1 CIVIC and 1 CRV for the service. I curiously asked the SA about the break up on a day-today basis, and he tells me that this is how the ratio will be everyday. No doubt ANHC is a bread for Honda India.

Last edited by jayanth_yk : 7th June 2010 at 11:20.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks